Video: The-Dream on Jay-Z’s Magna Carta Holy Grail

Speaking to Revolt TV, The-Dream speaks extensively on his contributions to the new Hov album and specifically the first single “Holy Grail”, which was conceived during the Watch The Throne sessions. He also speaks on his role as a songwriter, the energy he brings to a session and the marketing strategy behind MCHG.

Meanwhile, Jay’s Twitter Q&A is still ongoing.

Previously: Timbaland on Jay-Z’s Magna Carta Holy Grail

55 Responses to “Video: The-Dream on Jay-Z’s Magna Carta Holy Grail

1. Casket Face Says:

Is $25K enough to get on with?

2. A-1 Says:

RT @JordanJClemons @S_C @S_C is there a finished version of DeadPresidents 3#MCHG [Just or Guru has it I give them Twitter permission to GO]
    3:34pm – 8 Jul 13
    ——
    Please let dis come out! PLEASE!

3. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

Somebody ask jigga where he left young Chris’s flow after he shiested it.
    Bullseye!!!

4. Casket Face Says:

Fuck Jay-Z told niggas he was suckin’ on Miley’s labia with his camel lips on that Somewhere In America song.

Uncle Tom Ford

5. A-1 Says:

Gob Bluth
    31 mins ago
    Yo A1 if i click ya name do i have to listen to any of that other shit ?
    ——-
    Lol what otha shit..?

6. A-1 Says:

***Biggumskiller***
    11 mins ago
    My name appears nowhere on A-1 list after I dissed Jay-Z lol
    ——-
    Yeah Killa dis Hov stannin week..ill put u on da list next week lmao

7. Gob Bluth Says:

Don’t be stupid casket

@ A1 it’s cool i clicked the link

8. A-1 Says:

Gob Bluth
    0 mins ago
    Don’t be stupid casket

@ A1 it’s cool i clicked the link
    —–
    Thanx bruh! Appreciate da listen..bacc 2 Hov Stannery!

9. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

This boy going HORD for Camel
    You gotta wanna beat the best to be the best As an emcee
    But jigga probably the best you ever saw so I get it
    I just can’t get into his whole persona
    Nigga was late to that crime rap shit for REAL
    I grew up back then i’ont forget

10. Casket Face Says:

All I need is $25K and I can make some shit happen, niggas don’t want to invest. SMH

11. Gob Bluth Says:

that shit was knockin A1 but truth be told i always pictured you over some soulful Pimp c Big krit type shit, hope you got some of that on the way

12. Gob Bluth Says:

Yo casket elaborate

i wouldn’t give you a dime(no shots) but i could point you in the right direction

13. harlem world: my hoe$ they do drug$ Says:

dubb dollars$ just warmin up no homo

this just a sample

a quick fix

14. Jacques Derrida Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=z6ACE-BBPRs#at=267

Real shit

Not for the weak hearted

15. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

I’d rather listen to some music from a nigga who is living what he say
    Dubb don’t know he prolly got more stripes than camel oh yeah..
    Camel aint no zebra
    Putting in work ain’t letting your nigga do the job and you take credit
    I’m sorry but jigga wanted to be tongue Twista status
    Before my nigga prodigy and nas changed the direction of ny hip hop
    Gave you a style for you to run with-destiny pops

16. A-1 Says:

***Biggumskiller***
    2 mins ago
    This boy going HORD for Camel
    You gotta wanna beat the best to be the best As an emcee
    But jigga probably the best you ever saw so I get it
    I just can’t get into his whole persona
    Nigga was late to that crime rap shit for REAL
    I grew up back then i’ont forget
    ——-
    Yeah Killa truth b tol my fav’s ALWAYS been Jay Nas Big Mase Face Jada Pun Rae & Andre 3000..den Gillie da Kid..Pusha-T & Jay Elect..I jus grew up in a dif era ya feel me cuhz..? I always liked 50 hook writn ability but lyrics was avg 2 me cept Ghetto Quran prob my FAV 50 joint EVA! It tis what it tis doe

17. harlem world: my hoe$ they do drug$ Says:

all that wasted energy and wasted time

talking about jay-z, white people, fake bank accounts, mens dicks in the shower

when you coulda been making business plans

cash flow forecasts

profit loss margins

break even charts etc

#priorities

18. A-1 Says:

Gob Bluth
    6 mins ago
    ——-
    U gotta email..? I thank I got some shit u’ll b interested in hearin on dat style

19. A-1 Says:

Harlem World: My Hoe$ They Do Drug$
    2 mins ago
    dubb dollars$ just warmin up no homo

this just a sample

a quick fix
    ——-
    What he said…..

20. harlem world: my hoe$ they do drug$ Says:

wiz finally wifed amber

i hope he signed a prenup

21. Casket Face Says:

Had to uproot a whole operation that was based in another city …permits, insurance, equipment in storage and legal etc… it’s killing me.

With $25K I could make the money back in a month.

I’m on my knuckles out here falling apart, I’m in really bad shape, the world want me to fold but I’m not.

Just gotta rework some shit and keep sacrificing.

22. Gob Bluth Says:

Stop it bsk ask Nas who showed him his first tek

also by your logic we might as well dismiss 50 coz “gangsta” rap had already been done

maybe you just don’t get it & that’s fine, goin over peoples heads is Hov’s forte

23. A-1 Says:

Killa whether his life fabricated or real(which I believe 2 b @ da VERY least semi true) dont matta 4 real cuz @ da time I was comn up his shit was da soundtracc 2 what I was do’n & fit perfect when he was jus da ghetto nigga from Marcy wit jewels & whips..obv I can’t keep up now but if deres ANY rapper blueprint I wanna follow it’ll b his cuhz das jus what it is far as rap go

*shrugs*

24. A-1 Says:

Jeezy was a HUGE influence when he 1st dropped as well

25. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

That’s a in the third verse sounding five years younger lol
    All the slim thugga in your flow was vamoose but
    I see you could change it up

26. Jacques Derrida Says:

Dope songs A-1

27. Gob Bluth Says:

With $25K I could make the money back in a month.

no shot’s casket but this is what everyone says, if you want a real investment yr better off being honest

@ A1 i’ll up it later gotta go

peace

28. A-1 Says:

***Biggumskiller***
    1 min ago
    That’s a in the third verse sounding five years younger lol
    All the slim thugga in your flow was vamoose but
    I see you could change it up
    ——-
    Lol das was me in da 2nd verse cuhz..voice sound dif stu quality..da third verse my man Flame..it’s actually his song

29. Casket Face Says:

Man this nigga was crying …GTFOH, Somewhere In America Hov is laughing and ain’t do none of that shit lol.

30. A-1 Says:

Jacques Derrida
    1 min ago
    Dope songs A-1
    ——-
    Thanx bruh! Preciate da listen cuhz!

31. A-1 Says:

Gob Bluth
    3 mins ago
    With $25K I could make the money back in a month.

@ A1 i’ll up it later gotta go

peace
    ——–
    Cool

32. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

Gob did nas illmattic come out first or what?
    You two young to remember the in my life time jigga lol
    Loving living and loving a lot tongue twisting ass jigga
    Why you think wu-tang never recorded with this nigga in his or they prime?
    C’mon bee
    Don’t be a republican
    Get OUT the bubble

33. harlem world: my hoe$ they do drug$ Says:

i look at the dream and think, what a joke no homo

but this man wrote umbrella

his family gonna be eatin for decades off one song

and he wifed xtina milian

so i guess hes a legend

34. harlem world: my hoe$ they do drug$ Says:

tryna fight it

but i wanna piece of iggy azalea

#forgiveme

smh

35. harlem world: my hoe$ they do drug$ Says:

id bang that chick thats always in rihannas pics

you know theyve scissored and licked each other before

after having a drunk late night bitchin session about how men are shit

36. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

And it’s funny you say 50
    Because 50 had a knockoff jigga flow before they shot his face lol
    And also 50 talks about the same real situations over and over
    Unlike jigga 50′really HAD niggas selling drugs and bustin guns for him lol
    That’s why he never needed a Biggs as silent muscle
    But hey Camel’s the best!

37. Casket Face Says:

I might take a break from Nah, not on now retired/suicide letter shit but when I see punk niggas like Jay-Z even with all his “power and glory” tap dancing for the white man, kiss Miley’s ass and duckin’ political questions…then turn around and make Open Letter like he about that life…That’s my cue to stop being scared of my own strength and murder everything moving until I get mines….show niggas what you suppose to do with “money and power”, give it back to the people, invest in the RIGHT people and fix what these 16th century honkies broke.

Hov is bitch and I truly mean that from the bottom of my heart, no hate, just a true sentiment. He’s a bitch ass frail little nigga. And his wife is an undercover bird.

-signing off, Casket Face 7-8-2013

38. harlem world: my hoe$ they do drug$ Says:

50 cent before curtis album was the man

realest stories

best production

strong pimp hand

best goon squad

game fucked it all up

the bipolar stripper ruined g unit

cus he couldnt get his own way

39. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

Iggy booty cheeks starting to play out
    I was a fan
    But just what state is this bitch trying to pretend she comes from in her flow?
    Bitch sound like she come from Atlantafornia

40. harlem world: my hoe$ they do drug$ Says:

sex sells

41. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

Damn casket jigga ain’t that bad lol
    For all you investment cats Gobs plan is the one to use
    Buy a few 10-20 thousand dollar homes in
    Maryland Detroit Arizona wherever
    And let them grow in value
    Some peice of shit house in Baltimore could be your kids college money

42. A-1 Says:

Harlem World: My Hoe$ They Do Drug$
    12 mins ago
    tryna fight it

but i wanna piece of iggy azalea

#forgiveme

smh
    ——-
    This

43. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

What’s the game up to these days anyway?
    He a funny comedic nigga in reality
    One of the talented kids from the block the homies looked after lol
    Why he don’t fall back and put Compton menace out or something

44. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

That new song of hers is a hit wiff white girls in London
    Really
    These bints was singing every lyric in that booty shaking clip
    Her cheeks is on fire

45. A-1 Says:

***Biggumskiller***
    13 mins ago
    And it’s funny you say 50
    Because 50 had a knockoff jigga flow before they shot his face lol
    And also 50 talks about the same real situations over and over
    Unlike jigga 50′really HAD niggas selling drugs and bustin guns for him lol
    That’s why he never needed a Biggs as silent muscle
    But hey Camel’s the best!
    ——–
    Lmao 50 cool cuhz I jus relates 2 Jay mo comn up..50 was a robba I wasn’t neva in2 dat..IM A HUSTLA! Lol

46. A-1 Says:

DICC RIDN FAGGOT! U LUV DA ATTENTION!

47. A-1 Says:

Iggy accent is sexy..plus she gotta fat ass! Of course I’m thrashn & gettn dome!

48. sealsaa Says:

wiz finally wifed amber

i hope he signed a prenup
    ———–

Probably not. Bet he brought it up once and she threw the puss and worked her neck so well that he never thought about it again. And even if he did, she’s still got child support to shake his pockets out over.

49. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

I know you missin all the – FAAAAAAAME!
    But along with celebrity comes bout seventy shots to your brain
    Nigga; you a – LAAAAAAAME!

50. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

bipolar narcissistic sociopath

51. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

They treating Rihanna like a goddess in Poland
    Damn I’m changing my option on shortness
    Her and beyonce ruling the world mane

52. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

That nigga be back by dinner time
    C’mon Gasket

53. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

Futw>>>>

54. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

55. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

I’m starting to think Nicki Minaj is a dyke.
    Not that that’s wrong.
    But she is the gay
    She more touchy feely with females than ME on the weekend
    We onto ya baby girl