Video: Wale – The Gifted Series (Episode #3)

Highlights Fela Kuti, Bob Marley, Miles Davis, Outkast, Chuck Brown, Pharrell, J Dilla, Dr. Dre and Kanye West.

Previously: Wale – The Gifted (Tracklist)

69 Responses to “Video: Wale – The Gifted Series (Episode #3)”

1. King James Says:

Didn’t know paul George is from Cali

Cali breeding ground for elite basketball players

2. A-1 Says:

And rappers KJ

3. TS-LTE Says:

Woulda downloaded that Peedi Crack, but he got that fuckin Molky song on it.

#InstantBan

4. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

Damn just read the article GG posted
    This idiot could have been a high paid spy living the life
    But instead you behead some soldier in a tee shirt
    And now you’re in jail forever?
    What the fuck is wrong with these new niggas?
    Molested in jail he was probably a faggot like most terrorists
    Whatever
    On a side note Zoe Saldana bout to come out the closet

5. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

Been raining in New York for three days
    Hit 49 degrees last night
    Almost June
    Stop letting Joe Biden fool with the HARP machine Barack.
    N.E Winter 2013<<<<

Bout to hit Miami I hear
    Bag up nigga but get you some to-to from a Spanish mami
    Ima need an umbrella

10. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

It was in the 80′s in New York on Wendsday

11. King James Says:

When I was NYC back in July it was hotter than ever…them buildings in manhattan really hold in the heat def the best city I’ve ever been too

The subway got hella rachet when I went to the Bronx for a yankees stadium

12. King James Says:

Got to Yankees Stadium and got the fuck out right after the game

13. &What?! Says:

Never Let Me Down >
    Diamonds from Sierra Leone >

arguably my two favourite Jay verses.. he stunted on both. That first verse on Never Let Me Down >>>>>>>

14. King James Says:

Never Let Me Down was suppose to be on the black album

Every fourth quarter I like to mike jordan them

Double entendre

15. &What?! Says:

Jay’s second verse on that song is also insane

16. &What?! Says:

Hov’s a living legend, an I’ll tell you why
    Everybody want to be Hov
    And Hovs still alive!

17. &What?! Says:

When Hov spits that real shit ain’t nobody fuckin’ with him on that mic.

Not Nas, not Big — nobody.

18. A-1 Says:

Ratchet shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry I’m not sorry

*shrugs*

20. A-1 Says:

&What?!
    14 mins ago
    When Hov spits that real shit ain’t nobody fuckin’ with him on that mic.

Not Nas, not Big — nobody.
    ——–
    Das where ya wrong (c) him lol He can’t get realer than Big nor Pac nor Nas nor Face nor Ghost etc etc cuz it ain’t in em 2 spit dat struggle rap..da gift & da curse..BEEN ballin 2 long

21. A-1 Says:

Den again..what’s REAL 2 him ain’t REAL 2 errybody else cuz dey ain’t experienced it & prob NEVA WILL..cold world(double)

22. A-1 Says:

But Jay gives up glimpses doe..”had 2 hustle bacc 2 da wall ashy knuccles…” but a Juicy type or Street dreams rmx..Nah

23. A-1 Says:

Or a All that I Got Is U type..dat damn near bring tears 2 ya eyes cuz it hit SO CLOSE 2 home..Jay can’t connect like dat..I’m sure Ghost STILL 2 dis day got DIE HARD fans bcuz of dat record ALONE smh das what made Pac an icon..he LITERALLY built his career round shit like dat..so yeah

24. TS-LTE Says:

Yup.

Jay was doin’ aight before rap.

“This is all fact. This is before rap.” Still, that nigga ain’t lose no damn 92 bricks and can live to tell about it.

Be he did have they million dollar flow since Resonable Doubt and a Phantom on that Vol. 2 cover.

He wasn’t meant to spit that “This can’t be life” rap. That wasnt never his lane.

25. A-1 Says:

And it’s crazy cuz Jay had da same type upbringn as his counterparts jus didn’t tap into dat emotion prob cuz he was afraid or whateva smh

26. TS-LTE Says:

All That I Got Is You….

MAAAANNN…..

*Wipes single tear from misty eyes*

Realist shit ever spat into a microphone.

27. TS-LTE Says:

A-1
    0 mins ago

Maybe he doesn’t have it.

That empathy or ability to distinguish and define oneself through severe poverty.

He had to relate to something better. No ashamed, but just want to be associated with better. Proud.

28. A-1 Says:

TS-LTE
    2 mins ago

Yup.

Jay was doin’ aight before rap.

———-
    EXACTLY!
    And it hurt em in a way cuz ALOTTA people can’t relate 2 his lifestyle smh
    Also Emphatic Co- on da 92 briccs thing lmao he expect us 2 believe his connect gave him “more cracc” afta dat 2 “get it all bacc” lol sure Jay SURE lol smh

29. A-1 Says:

TS-LTE
    4 mins ago
    All That I Got Is You….

MAAAANNN…..

*Wipes single tear from misty eyes*

Realist shit ever spat into a microphone.
    ———
    RealTalk I almos can’t listen 2 dat shit bruh..REALTALK..HIT 2 CLOSE! Smh

Ghost>

30. TS-LTE Says:

EXACTLY!
    And it hurt em in a way cuz ALOTTA people can’t relate 2 his lifestyle smh

LMAO.

I’m sayin though.

31. Free J Says:

lol my ex tried to add me on fb… not ex wife, jus a girl i used to fuck wit. I dumped her a while back cuz i wanted someone else at the time… she cool ppls and we tried to make it work later but we was in 2 different states oh well… deleted her and the rest is history.

fast and furious 6>>>>

32. A-1 Says:

TS-LTE
    3 mins ago
    A-1
    0 mins ago

Maybe he doesn’t have it.

——–
    Yeah maybe..but da vibe I get was he aint feel comfortable wit himself or his situation til he got money & jus chose 2 speak on dat side solely..”used 2 tell chiccs I was ugly & wouldn’t touch me…”

33. Free J Says:

im only keep that pic up like 2 minutes then its comin down

34. A-1 Says:

Damn Free she SUPA cute bruh..u oughta reconsider lol

35. TS-LTE Says:

Hmm….

*ponders*

36. TS-LTE Says:

A-1
    1 min ago
    Damn Free she SUPA cute bruh..u oughta reconsider lol

I’m sayin tho. Fuck wrong with that nigga Free?! Is you crazy!

37. Free J Says:

Damn Free she SUPA cute bruh..u oughta reconsider lol

lol smh… we used to date in like 07 and then when we started talkin again in 11 she had a kid and was preggo with another. right around the time i divorced my homegirl and was dealin wit some other bitch in florida. oh well… crazy how she had 2 kids and still looks like that

38. A-1 Says:

He prob blocc dem earlier no money days COMPLETELY out his mind lol Ugly broke no pussy gettn nigga smh lol he was like “Hell naw shawty” I can’t get wit dat (c) Him

39. Free J Says:

she was havin issues wit her baby daddy and had jus broke it off wit another dude, she mighta been lookin for a way out lol she was talkin bout havin my kids. if i didnt wise up by that point my dumbass would have CHILDREN right now. i almost flew her out to florida lol smh…

40. Free J Says:

anyways…u sirs have a good day. i need to finish writin this verse

*daps a-1 and TS*

be easy

41. A-1 Says:

Free J
    0 mins ago
    Damn Free she SUPA cute bruh..u oughta reconsider lol

———-
    Yeah cuhz I’d prob try 2 c what it’s hittn 4 lol as u should (c) CamelGoat..I mean u ain’t got 2 go wit da bitch nigga lol hell u married! lol jus a smashll do lmao

42. Free J Says:

hell u married! lol jus a smashll do lmao

had to respond to this lol…no. im a faithful nigga lol

43. A-1 Says:

Free J
    12 mins ago
    hell u married! lol jus a smashll do lmao

had to respond to this lol…no. im a faithful nigga lol
    ——–
    Lmao O aight cuhz I got ya..but yeah nigga get 2 work lol we waitn on it!

*daps*

44. Cypher Says:

Get money niggas

45. A-1 Says:

Cypher
    4 mins ago
    Get money niggas
    ———
    EMPHATIC COMUTHAFUCCNSIGN

46. Cypher Says:

What up A-1?

Nah lookin dead right now…

47. Jderrida Says:

It’s good to have friends in high places, and for French Montana this was the case when it came to securing the guest spots on his upcoming debut album Excuse My French, with the rapper revealing that all but one person was willing to feature on the album for nothing. Rapper Max B, who is currently serving a prison sentence, was the only one who deemed his services to be worth paying for, with the long list of other famous rap names showing up as a favour to the Bronx rapper.

French, who has Moroccan ancestry, was speaking on MTV’s RapFix Live when he gave wind of the generosity of his album features, saying that only one of the twenty three guest vocals sent him a bill for their services. His long-time friend Max B, who is currently serving a 75-year sentence in prison, was the only one to ask to be paid for his appearance on the opening track on the album, with French telling RapFix, “The only person I paid was Max B. That’s about it.”

48. MiddleClassJoe Says:

Listening to last years C-section phone beef. Conference Call.

MY FUCKING WORD.

How the hell did a comment section cause that?

A fucking conference call, people rapping.

Whyyyyyyy?????

49. MiddleClassJoe Says:

Grown men. 33 year old men rapping on a conference call. Screaming at eachother over COMMENTS on a rapsite.

Over COMMENTS.

50. Jackson7 Says:

LMAO @ middleclassjoe

cBc

RIP Screaming Shelton Lee

51. Jackson7 Says:

How the hell did a comment section cause that?

——————

… LMG …

causing unsolicited meltdowns and e- tantrums since 2011

52. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

Dead
    Crickets bout to up.a.beat
    Emily from love and hip hop>>>>>

53. King James Says:

chief keef – understand me>>>>>>>
    no tomorrow>>>>>>>>>>>
    citgo>>>>>>>>>

54. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

This ones called Golgo 13

55. A-1 Says:

Cypher
    50 mins ago
    What up A-1?

Nah lookin dead right now…
    ——–
    What’s good boy..? Cooln right now..prob headed ya way(Mia) 2morro cuhz..look 4 me! (c) Makaveli lmao

56. King James Says:

hate being sober>>>>>>>

57. A-1 Says:

Damn my phone bout 2 go dead but I’m a checc dat shit Killa when I juice up lol RealTalk

58. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

Good looking dubb

59. King James Says:

kay kay>>>>>>>

finally rich sounds great in warm weather

60. King James Says:

drilluminati>>>>>>>>

my hoes they do drugs>>>>>>>

61. Dr. $ Says:

Q – Hell of a night>>>>>

Release the album already first day cop

Yea. Q got this. none. With that beat (the beat is good btw) , that song could have easily been trash with another rapper on it. I’m waiting on the inevitable remix with Kendrick and Rocky.

62. A-1 Says:

Ok I’m on my iPad now but I’m a @ a bday party now smmfh lol so I guess I’m a checc it when I get home lol smh

63. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

You can’t get to sound cloud on your iPad A lol
    I’m bout to up.another.beat

64. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

Check this one out

65. A-1 Says:

Lol nah I can play it on here but I’m @ a party my nigga lol so I’m a checc it when I get 2 da crib RealTalk doe

66. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

Up some pictures for AR lol

67. A-1 Says:

Yo Killa I checcd ya shit..dey cool..like da sample on da 1st one..da 2nd one 2 jus wish u’d make somethn a lil slower lol but it’s all g..keep go’n (c) double g da double g

68. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

^was stupendous
    Don’t understand how some of y’all sn’s be so broke n mad
    All these breezys out all this money out here

“Mase ain’t the one that will pay for your phone
    Mase be the one that will take you home
    Even though I’m not the one that gave you the stone
    All you nights alone I could make you moan
    Everybody know I got more bounce than the ounce
    Bad boy get more money than you can count
    Why I’m buying things you can’t even pronounce
    I’d do it to your cat for a large amount
    And when the beef come you know where to be found
    Why I be around till the winner is announced (*Puff : The winner is…*)
    So there ya go girl with thousands in ya palms

69. ***biggumskiller*** Says:

Slow it down lol
    I’m trying
    I’ll try and make some slow moving shit next