In anticipation of the Nets tip-off in Brooklyn tomorrow night, Mick Boogie drops his new mixtape with SLAM & XXL.
The idea behind the Brooklyn Originals project came from not only my love and respect for Brooklyn hip-hop artists and their music but also my excitement for the upcoming NBA season and the new era of basketball in New York. I thought it would be cool to combine the logos and imaging of two of the biggest brands out right now–the BROOKLYN Nets and adidas ORIGINALS–into a mixtape project that represented hip-hop to the fullest. Musically, some of my favorite hip-hop memories were listening to and getting to know legendary Brooklyn crews like Duck Down, Black Star and Digable Planets and I have always wanted to do an all-Brooklyn themed project.
Talib Kweli, Tanya Morgan, Skyzoo, Troy Ave, Mr. MF’n eXquire and Nitty Scott, MC all appear on the project.
Track list, stream and all the works after the jump.
1. Intro – Donwill & Spec Boogie (Produced by nVMe)
2. MC Lyte – Dope Style (Produced by Caviar & OZ)
3. Troy Ave – Dope Boy (Produced by DJ Uneek)
4. CJ Fly/Kirk Knight/Rokamouth – And Eye Ain’t Late (Produced by Backpack Beatz)
5. Talib Kweli & Busta Rhymes – Follow The Leader
6. Tanya Morgan – Gatekeepers (Produced by Von Pea)
7. Maffew Ragazino – Got 2 Love It (Produced by Bink!)
8. Mr. MFN eXquire – Draped In Gold (Brooklyn Originals Interlude)
9. Nitty Scott, MC – Queen Of Kings (Produced by 6th Sense)
10. Skyzoo and Torae – Talk Shit (Produced by nVMe)
11. Outro – Sene. (Produced by Chi Duly)