Haven’t done one of these in a while? I guess I’ll picked up where I left off. I’ll try to keep it simple. The event was held at The New Museum in LES, very swanky and similar to WTT with how they filed people in and packed us on elevators (if you were there, you know what I mean). The decor was dope, had all the artwork on the walls of the room. Tastefully done. Now on to the actual listening…
- In attendance: Marsha Ambrosius, Swizz Beatz, Erick Sermon, Jungle, Joie Manda, DJ Khaled and probably more I don’t remember or didn’t see.
- The DJ played “Ether” prior to getting into “Life Is Good” and was quickly instructed to change the record. Comedy.
- First record sounded like an intro, definitely produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E League. Fire.
- Producers that stood out J.U.S.T.I.C.E League, Salaam Remi, No I.D. & Swizz Beatz. Didn’t notice the presence/sound of anyone else.
- The Train (Prod. No I.D.) is vintage Nas, storytelling style that real Nasir Jones fans have been longing for.
- Nas references a conversation he had with Biggie before he passed.
- Accident Murderers feat. Rick Ross.
- Swizz Beatz stole the show with the two joints he produced on there one being “Summer On Smash” feat. Miguel and the other being “Street Shit” (Tentative Title). I liked Street Shit better. The hook to it is here.
- I incited Swizz and Nas into yelling “GAHDAMNNIT” in between every song.
Nas’ flow on that Swizz Beatz track is smoother than a pearl, my g. Absolute sky-floated. Smoother than his verse on “Triple Beam Dreams.”
You heard it first, the song is called Summer On Smash – Nas feat. Swizz Beatz & Miguel #LifeIsGoodListening