Video: Slaughterhouse – Hammer Dance

MTV premieres the video for Slaughterhouse’s new single ‘Hammer Dance’. Appearances by Eminem, ASAP Rocky, 50 Cent, MC Hammer, Kanye West, Big Sean and more.

Previously: Slaughterhouse – Hammer Dance (Teaser)

115 Responses to “Video: Slaughterhouse – Hammer Dance”

1. Harlem World Says:

on hkl 3 theres a real short verse called hova song

and when you really hear the lyrics, you pretty much understand jay-z mindset/character

the fact that its so short makes me think he just had to get that shit off his chest

nicca sounded like he had tears in his eyes

or like he was having argument with someone

he wanted to be acknowledged x accepted so bad, must have been eating him up inside – no homo

no label would sign him, pops skipped out on him, some saying he would always be in biggies shadow,

nicca said fuck you to his own father for the whole world to hear – not on some shock value shit either

like you could tell he meant that

2. Harlem World Says:

vol 3*

my bad

3. Kush Kennedy Says:

Vol. 3>>>>

Next to Reasonable Doubt, My fav hov album.

4. Harlem World Says:

And I come with do-rags to your so-called awards
    T-shirt with my chain out like fuck y’all all
    Retrospect ain’t been the same since I lost my dad
    He’s still alive, but still – fuck you, don’t cross my path
    A&R’s had me feelin like Moss in the Draft
    So I turned the league out with Reasonable Doubt
    Get your CD’s out, let’s go, song for song
    I’m the illest nigga doin it til y’all prove me wrong
    Do you believe?

====================
    he wanted to be accepted so bad

5. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

That roasted pig looks delish.

6. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Get your CD’s out, let’s go, song for song
    I’m the illest nigga doin it til y’all prove me wrong
    Do you believe?

The best shouldn’t have to campaign & convince you of his stature.

The best is gonna be recognized as the best because he’s the best.

7. Harlem World Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Get your CD’s out, let’s go, song for song
    I’m the illest nigga doin it til y’all prove me wrong
    Do you believe?

The best shouldn’t have to campaign & convince you of his stature.

The best is gonna be recognized as the best because he’s the best.

====================

this

8. Kush Kennedy Says:

When Jay still cared about being the best tho>>>>

Everything after Black album sounds foreign to me.

9. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Jay-Z is wild insecure.

I don’t know if it stems from his daddy leaving or his facial features but his swag reeks of insecurity, even tho his success masks it well.

I remember him obsessing over a cartoon drawing Beans had of him for the proposed State Property cartoon. They were on 106th & Park & I just remember Hov being like “Lemme see, lemme see.” mad impatient like lol.

I just know he wanted to see how big they made his lips.

That’s why Ether was so potent.

Nas targeted every weakness/implied weakness he could.

That shit that make your soul burn slow.

10. Kush Kennedy Says:

That’s why Ether was so potent.

Nas targeted every weakness/implied weakness he could.

Took it to the very essence of ether, the school-yard ether. “Yo, Vanessa and tiffany said you ugly son!” That type of diss that authentically hurts somone. The ether they take home with them.

And “wanted to be on every one of my classics” had to sting, that shit had me rolling

Lf: the first time I ever heard ether was screwed and chopped.

11. b-ease Says:

I’ve said it before, but, Jay is Stalin. After consolidating power, he began to re-write history. The average hiphop fan has been convinced that Reasonable Doubt was some type of auto 5 mic game changer when it dropped, when it fact, it was essentially a very well reviewed cult album that would have faded into a hiphop footnote if Hard Knock Life didnt drop. Not to say its not a great album, its just that it, like a lot of Jay’s career has had its impact increases simply because that’s how he has willed it.

12. Eastern_Digital Says:

The three Hova interludes put together as one song = Top 10 Jay song

13. b-ease Says:

With that said, that type of influence kind of makes him the GOAT by default.

I don’t know, I’ve always been torn on the JayZ is greatest debate. Part of me says, “of course he is”. Another part says “nah, he can’t be, with Pac, BIG, and Em looming so largely, and with neither of those guys ever actually nominating themselves while simultaneously striking pop culture in a way Hov never did”. I’m confused.

14. b-ease Says:

The three Hova interludes put together as one song = Top 10 Jay song

I’m not gonna fight you on that. The European version of the LP had the middle interlude too, as well as a Mephis Bleek-less version of “Is that Your Bitch”.

15. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Hove pulled the Jedi mind trick on heads. He’s been saying how great he is & how he will never lose, people started to believe him.

I agree with B-Ease on Reasonable Doubt.

I compare that album to Camp Lo’s Uptown Saturday Night in the sense that everyone I knew acknowledged how dope they were but outside of NYC, they were really niche releases.

If not for that Biggie co-sign & getting “Ain’t No Nigga”on The Nutty Professor soundtrack, his career tracks out a different way.

16. Carlos Voltron Says:

The best shouldn’t have to campaign & convince you of his stature.

The best is gonna be recognized as the best because he’s the best.

You’re absolutely right, but that ain’t hip-hop.

17. Eastern_Digital Says:

The three Hova interludes put together as one song = Top 10 Jay song

Yeah we had three verses

18. PG-DC Says:

3 points for the young boy Rocky paying homage to southern legend Master P, that’s was appropriate.

+ co-sign Hov re-writing history, he’s learned a lot from them Israeli’s

19. Casket Face Says:

can we just take up a collection and give these niggas money to stop rappin’ …niggas like 36 years old making “epic” trailers for indie videos and mixtapes.

foh

20. PG-DC Says:

for all that esoteric, philosophical, egyptian, halliburton shyt Nas be poppin, I’m surprised that Hov ended being the more strategic learned 1 out of the 2

Hov is like the nigga in class that’s really smart but wants to appear dumb as shyt so the other kids don’t make fun of him lol

21. PG-DC Says:

Fat Trel – Devil We Like …… incredible production and 1st verse, then everything seems to go down hill from there, smh

Can’t wait to see what Trel and ASAP Rocky cook up though

22. Deen Says:

Jay-Z is wild insecure.

That’s probably why he appeals to a lotta people. They can relate to all the false braggadiociousness he spews to get through his day.

Credit to him for basically rewriting rap history though.

23. Casket Face Says:

hov doesn’t want anyone to know he has some nerd in him (c) – ?uestlove

24. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

Spitta>jay

25. Eastern_Digital Says:

Why is everybody buckin at Jay tho?

26. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Why is everybody buckin at Jay tho?

I fux with Jay, but I recognize his faults as well as his strengths.

You can’t appreciate his career without taking both into account.

His flaws contribute as much to his success as anything else.

27. Casket Face Says:

tHe kID fRanKiE Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Spitta>jay

i39.tinypic.com/14b73if.gif

28. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

I just dislike the idea of Jay-Z as some infallible super MC.

Everyone has taken a loss at some point in their lives. Even Shawn Corey.

29. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Ron Artest is a mad man lol.

This nigga 730.

30. Shooter Says:

Wowww, Metta World Piece just decked James Harden

31. Shooter Says:

Peace > Piece

32. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Elbowed that nigga in the ear drum.

33. Shooter Says:

Ibaka is a beast

34. jderrida Says:

Blood in the air.

Perkin is going have to take out Barnes.

Thunder can’t let this pass.

35. Shooter Says:

lol @ how unprovoked that shit was too

36. jderrida Says:

Clever foul peace, clever. Taking out the thunders third best scorer.

Westbrook and Durant have 18 points, combine.

Contain one of them and the Lakers can severely stunt the Thunders offense.

37. b Says:

Lol @ artest tryna play it off.lol @ the announcer calling him artest again as soon as he hit the nigga. Lol @ a nigga named world peace being so violent.

38. jderrida Says:

Brown drew that play up.

Laker got to wins this.

Win this game they play Denver first round.

Lose and they play Memphis first round.

39. Kush Kennedy Says:

lol @ how unprovoked that shit was too

That shit was maaad funny

No shots at harden’s ear

40. Shooter Says:

Ron Ron Back

41. Casket Face Says:

Lol @ a nigga named world peace being so violent.

that nigga look like he was special classes in school …like if you take a picture the flash would’ve set that nigga off on some crack baby side effects type shit.

42. jderrida Says:

Ibaka vs Artest would have been epic.

43. Suvio-Blue Says:

RD was Hovs interpretation of Illmatic, RTD and OBFCL…if any album changed hip hop it was def OBFCL….and stop mentioning Em, dude has not nann classic under his belt

44. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

stop mentioning Em, dude has not nann classic under his belt

Great rapper/MC.

But I don’t feel compelled to ever re-visit his albums.

45. Shooter Says:

Mike Brown <<<<<

46. PG-DC Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 5:09 pm

stop mentioning Em, dude has not nann classic under his belt

Great rapper/MC.

But I don’t feel compelled to ever re-visit his albums
    —————————

AGREED!!!

47. Eastern_Digital Says:

lmao @ Artest/MWP

48. Eastern_Digital Says:

*dead* at the hash tag for hockey night in Canada

#HNIC

49. Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:

I’m in my Grand Natty, smokin’ on that granddaddy.

50. Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:

Eastern_Digital Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 5:57 pm
    *dead* at the hash tag for hockey night in Canada

#HNIC

LMAO

Kizzas stay doing shit that is unintentionally hilarious to coloreds.

51. Eastern_Digital Says:

*dead* at the hash tag for hockey night in Canada

#HNIC

LMAO

Kizzas stay doing shit that is unintentionally hilarious to coloreds.
    ^^^^^
    One the kizza analysts twittername: @FriedgeHNIC

52. Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:

lmao the HNIC nicca’s name is Elliotte Friedman! LOL LOL LOL! Canucks stay winning tho ax Nate dawg

53. Shooter Says:

this Laker – Thunder game >>>>>

54. Harlem World Says:

jay-z: allure >>>>

greatest rapper alive

55. Harlem World Says:

jay-z x pharrell tracks >>>>

always instant classics, bangers or both

56. Harlem World Says:

“it aint even fun no more, im jaded”

57. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

NaS x Jay >>>>>>>>

These “20,000 different species of bees… Some will just buzz, some will attack. compromise their own life in fact…”

58. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

A Million and One Qestions/ Rhyme No More >>>>

That’s one of Jays greatest tracks.

I really dig that ‘Face track Guess Who’s Back.

59. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

AmpGeez A.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway
    5 hrs, 53 mins ago

The best shouldn’t have to campaign & convince you of his stature.

The best is gonna be recognized as the best because he’s the best.

^Thats why NaS don’t mention that he the best that much.

Everybody knows it already.

60. sealsaa Says:

RIP James Harden

Artest knocked that nigga into eternal orbit…that letters on that niggas jersey were scrambled after that shot

61. EnglandRepresent Says:

Biggie > _______

62. Harlem World Says:

is ross really signing ma$e?

man, it would be ill to see ma$e make another comeback

dont wanna get my hopes up tho -pretty sure diddy still got him under some type of paperwork

63. Harlem World Says:

Troubleshooter1900 Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 7:46 pm

A Million and One Qestions/ Rhyme No More >>>>

=================
    cosign

back when preemo was unfuckwithable

64. Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:

Ross and Ma$e need to do a album:

The Policeman and the Pastor, Vol. 1

65. Harlem World Says:

max b >>>>>>

hookmaster

sheesh, he needed a publishing deal asap

why didnt anybody just threaten jim jones to sign over max b’s publishing?

wouldve been worth it

66. Eastern_Digital Says:

is ross really signing ma$e?

man, it would be ill to see ma$e make another comeback

But Ross and Diddy are cool so it might happen.

67. EnglandRepresent Says:

is ross really signing ma$e?

man, it would be ill to see ma$e make another comeback

^^as long as he’s coming back as Murda Ma$e though. I copped that last Welcome Back album, smh @ me, and that shit was so bad it made me question humanity.

Ma$e though > ________

68. Eastern_Digital Says:

Cartoon & Cereals >>>>>

Best track of 2012 so far

69. Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:

I just wanna see Pastor Mason Betha holding a bottle of Ciroc in each hand pouring it on some strippers.

Then going back to his “flock” and preaching.

Christianity > _______

70. Harlem World Says:

Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Ross and Ma$e need to do a album:

The Policeman and the Pastor, Vol. 1

=======================
    ma$e would embarass ross on every track

hows he gonna keep up with the million dollar flow

and he already graduated from the school of diddy

71. Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:

Ma$e got that Ricky Retardo flow down pat though – no nicca in rap history has ever sounded so on point whilst simultaneously sounding like he just graduated from special ed.

72. Eastern_Digital Says:

Mase’ verse on NY Minute was kinda nice, too.

73. Eastern_Digital Says:

Word. Mase was mumblin like crazy and you still could understand every word perfectly. shit was/is weird.

74. Harlem World Says:

when mase signed to g unit, he was still ill

one of those rappers who will always keep his skills

no shyne

75. Harlem World Says:

xxlmag.com/news/2012/04/xxclusive-french-montana-talks-mae-collaboration-sounds-like-he-never-left/

76. Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:

Every 4 years or so some nicca wanna bring Ma$e back but at the end of the day, these kids that make rappers real, real big like Drake and shit, they ain’t really fuckin’ with Ma$e hard-body. They don’t know the history and they don’t give a fuck, either. So Ma$e gonna have to give them a reason to fuck with him.

77. Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:

The fact that Mason is a preacher now and “sounds like her never left” is amazing to me.

Christianity stay winning.

78. PG-DC Says:

LoL @ the Ma$e praise/slander

sidenote: there was a time when any/everything in Harlem HAD to get a Cam’ron/DipSet affiliated cosign before it could blow up…. how the fuck did Jimmy, Cam, Duke, Zeek, etc ALL miss the ASAP bandwagon? How the fuck did that happen?

79. PG-DC Says:

at some point i swear I thought Jimmy would come out the cut talkin bout he coached them ASAP niggas to prominence, but it seems like DipSet has lost ALL power in Harlem…. Rocky dont even shout-out out them niggas

80. Harlem World Says:

Eastern_Digital Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 8:16 pm

===============
    all that is gonna do is inspire ross

ma$e one of my favorite rappers of all time

he was so ill with it

81. Harlem World Says:

“though i love the u,s, im hardly here
    partywear be cartier
    pinky ring, one wink from the king
    make girls in the club do kinky things”

smh

*throws in the towel*

no way ross could compete

82. Harlem World Says:

“aint nothin changed since the last time you seen us
    still want the same fiddy grand for arenas”

83. Harlem World Says:

“yo, before its all over, lotta blood gone be spilled
    we aint discriminating – even thugs gone be killed
    we early inheritors, born into cream
    if a nicca get shiest then we form as a team
    bullshit if you want and it be on for this cream
    the weatherman wont even know the storm imma bring”

84. jderrida Says:

Cartoon & Cereals >>>>>

Co >>>

85. EnglandRepresent Says:

Gambling > ___________

I put $10 on a multi bet, just cashed the ticket…$4200 return…..today is a good day.

86. Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:

PG-DC Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 8:24 pm

case “Lin” closed

After Purple City TurdGang came out, it was a rap.

Just liek Bone Thugs, they let too many niccas in their circle.

When you got 80 niccas in your crew it’s a wrap lol

87. Harlem World Says:

“yo, if you think im on some sweet shit
    then wontchu creep quick
    ill let the heat spit, make a nicca g flip
    classy criminal, keep a gat by my genitials
    thugs love me, so dont get splashed for the minimal
    we never vest up, be in a double breast tux
    plus
    keep a fresh cut, picture me gettin left stuck
    i let one loose to show you i aint the one, duke
    and i aint bluffin nothin nicca -ALL MY GUNS SHOOT”

=======

*stops the fight*

88. Shooter Says:

Yo, through the lights, cameras and action, glamour, glitter and gold…

89. Harlem World Says:

“how you expect me to respect you
    when you in the club lookin sexual, doin things my ex do”

90. Harlem World Says:

“now my destinys to collect that cheese
    rest under trees and drive jet skis
    so why be in the place sunny, chasin honeys?
    when i could be on tour making that money
    im too clever – tryna have loot forever
    drive around town, 6 coupes or better
    actually -be where any mack would be
    at the bar with his daiquiri”

smh

91. Harlem World Says:

“now my money straight, we frontin in every state
    cherryade, tinted out, temporary plates
    goodfell-a, now what the hell can they tell may
    bounce through l.a, blue and red pelle”

92. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

Gospel music >>>>>>>

Fyck w y heard

93. Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:

Just like Bone Thugs, they let too many niccas in their circle.
    =========================
    This!

Everyone can’t go

94. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

Spitta>>>>>ma$e

However…..masE is a legend!

95. Harlem World Says:

im one of the few that talk about gators but got lizards
    you got ice but never go on no block wit it
    you jerk ya work and you gon still rock with it
    i rap till im clapped like big and pac did it
    mase get his message from a lifer
    he said shawty, i was young i was just like ya
    9 milli with the best snipers
    doin wheelies with the best bikers
    gettin head from confessed dykers
    violent thugs and thats just rikers
    you cats , goin to war or you just hyper?

96. Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:

Toward the end of their run, Bone Thugs used to run ads in the Source that were just pure ignorance.

Niccas had like 80 rappers up their with imminent release dates.

A vast cornucopia of Cleveland rappers – women, couple whiteys, a midget, I think they even had a Asian but I can’t be sure.

Anyway them niccas had a roster that put Master P to shame.

Niccas wanna build empires. My advice: stick to one or two good releases per year, maybe three if your buzz is crazy.

But anything else is stupidotry.

97. Harlem World Says:

@00

spitta is that dude

but the reason i started listening to him heavy, is cus he reminded me of mase on where da cash at

98. Yasser Pair-a-gats Says:

Co-sign that Spitta got that half-retardo flow but not the full retardo Pastor Mason flow.

99. Harlem World Says:

“even when she stock chips, give me profit
    money to shop with, cash to cop with
    send me to the tropics smokin chocolate
    get my cocked lick by girls thats topless”

“real foxy momma, used to rock gabbana
    from neck to floor like no girl you met before
    hot as ecuador, make you wanna sex her raw
    no profolac, i cant flow like dat
    how im gone live with the full blown hiv?!?”

“never knew you, wanted me to do you
    when i go to honolulu you coming too boo”

100. Harlem World Says:

“im a big trick, drink expensive liquids
    icey wrist shit straight from the district”

ma$e is top 5 imo

classic album
    influenced mad rappers
    held his own with legends like biggie, jigga, big l
    put mad rappers on
    moved units
    made the neptunes hot
    came back after nearly a decade and was still relevant
    went to war with jigga

101. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

THe KID FRanKiE
    34 mins ago
    Gospel music >>>>>>>

Fyck w y heard

^No-sign.

Fuck that pretentious shit. Got gays going to church just to sing in the choir and look extra zesty knowing their God burns them in whole cities for taking it up the ass.

And they just be singing away.

Co-sign church girls tho. Broads be ultra repressed from a gay congregation and wanna catch the holy ghost in the sheets. I can make em say “oh GOD” too. And my motives are real.

102. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

Ma$e>>>Spitta

103. Harlem World Says:

“niccas from the block know mase motto
    one thing about harlem world, we all got dough
    98 tahoe, tommy and the roscoe
    case, im ever chased by donnie brasco”

the million dollar flow smh

cant a young man get money any moooore?!?

104. Kush Kennedy Says:

“All I ask when I die, dress me fly and neatly
    And brush my waves, so I’m handsome when the bitches greet me”

105. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

LOl @ TS I gotta get up at 5 nh I can’t debate

I agree w 50% of u said doe

106. Kush Kennedy Says:

Spitta already paid homage to Ma$e by using one of his lines

107. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

Late pas or w/r

Michael rocks is dat nigga mane he make dat music

I’m Boit to be a stan he talkin dat shit

108. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Had a Casket moment today. Well, sorta…

Me and the misses went to Giordano’s up the street. Sat at a table next to some young hood niggas. They were all the way gully, talking about killing niggas, busting the shotty, moving weight and alla that extra loud, making the white people and the “uppity blacks” mad uncomfortable. The funny thing is how they were looking at me. They seen the way the other margs were looking at them and seen that they didn’t offend or intimidate me like the rest. It was a sort of “thank you” typa look. Weird.

When we got up to leave I looked at them and they all just nodded my way and me and the misses kept it moving.

Shit was crazy man. I kinda wanted to break them off with some advice. Tell em they could still ball by doing positive shit or that everything ain’t gotta be destruction. That they ain’t gotta do whats expected of them by people who don’t know what the fuck they been through. But the nod is what they got in return because they saluted me with one first.

I think they knew though. And that’s what’s up too.

109. jderrida Says:

lol

110. Harlem World Says:

Kush Kennedy Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Spitta already paid homage to Ma$e by using one of his lines

=============
    *salute at ease*

111. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Mase was pretty dope. I haven’t checked his catalog in a minute though.

It’s about time I take that stroll through that memory’s lane.

112. Harlem World Says:

tHe kID fRanKiE Says:
    April 22nd, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Late pas or w/r

Michael rocks is dat nigga mane he make dat music

I’m Boit to be a stan he talkin dat shit

===================
    hes got it

he needs to flood the market now

113. Kush Kennedy Says:

Eric Gordon is flossin right now

114. Kush Kennedy Says:

Y’all should screw up that “Bahamas” joint by Michael Rocks.

Such a smooth track.

115. Kush Kennedy Says:

*nominates clippers for the Nba’s flopping award*