Drake – Headlines

This will serve as the first single. ‘Take Care’ in stores October 24th.

Download: Link

Produced by Boi-1da.

Props: OVO

229 Responses to “Drake – Headlines”

1. igotxx3 Says:

Nice…

2. Cypher Says:

Meh…

3. jerry nice Says:

Booooorriiingggg

4. Smooth Says:

Dope

5. Bricktop Says:

*listens*
    *suddenly has urge to take up ballet*

grown men really listen to this shit?

really?!

REALLY?!?!

6. Mr.Londoner Says:

Stfu Bricktop, shit is dope.

7. Bricktop Says:

Stfu Bricktop, shit is dope.
    it’s all good, i suppose. everyone has the freedom to enjoy whatever lifestyles they choose. i’ve learned to be more tolerant of this kind of culture. IMO, Jean Grae is a MUCH better female rapper.

8. kelitovision Says:

Dope!

9. Eastern_Digital Says:

This is a hit….bitches will eat this shit up like icecream after a breakup.

I will probably never play it again.

10. T Nelson Says:

marvins room and dreams money can buy waaaaay better

11. Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:

“u gonna hype me up and make me catch a body like dat” (c) Drake

niggas is killers now?….word

subliminal shots fired in the 2nd verse tho

12. g7 Says:

he said his second album was gonna be more rugged than the first. not bad for a single, but still baby shit soft tho.

13. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Drake = Paula Patton from Idlewild?

What typa man names a song ‘Headlines’?

Yeah, aight niggas. Fuck the hype though…

14. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

This nigga softer than freay baked marshmallows.

15. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Freay =freshly

16. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

Paula Patton is a dime!

17. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

rofl x smh @ “u gonna hype me up and make me catch a body like dat” (c) Drake

I don’t believe for a second that, he’s even been in a fist fight

18. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

It’s a catchy song, pretty good. I like Dreams Money Can Buy and Marvin’s Room more than this.

Honestly Drake hasn’t really been able to pick a good home run single since he blew up in 09. Not that his single choices were bad, it’s just that they weren’t the best ones. I have a feeling there are going to be some album tracks on Take Care that are much better than this song- kind of like Fancy, Shut It Down, Unforgettable, and Show Me a Good Time on Thank Me Later.

Drake’s a lot better off with 40 or someone else doing his singles than Boi-1da IMO. Boi-1da’s not bad, but his beats aren’t that great either. Best I Ever Had, Forever, Up All Night, Drake’s hooks carry those songs more than the production. That’s the case here, too.

Take Care sounds like it’s going to be dope still, as good or better than Thank Me Later.

19. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

making soft music > making hard music though

I’d rather my concerts be full of young female fans than have my concerts full of dirty bummy hood dudes like a LOX or Beanie Sigel concert

___ >>>>> prison rap swag

20. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

That Chevy Woods song in the previous post is great, too.

That whole group of rappers Wiz, Chevy, Mac, are making some nice music. They’re not great rappers but they make good music. They’ve got a good group of producers working for them, and from what I’ve noticed those producers are only getting better. They were on Wiz’ old albums and honestly weren’t that good, now they’re so much better.

Add in guys like Curren$y, Cudi, KRIT, Smoke DZA, etc, and honestly if no Wayne, Jay-Z, or any other blockbuster rap albums come out I’ll be fine.

21. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 10:24 am

making soft music > making hard music though

I’d rather my concerts be full of young female fans
    ———————————————–

I think it was the main guy from Queens of the Stone Age who said if girls don’t want to go to your concerts, your band sucks ass. I think that rule holds true for rappers, too.

22. Harlem World Says:

I cosign this track.

23. Harlem World Says:

Lol @ Drake catchin a body though.

He got robbed in Toronto, rolled up in the fetal position.

But anyway, after a couple plays I still like it.

24. Harlem World Says:

I’d rather my concerts be full of young female fans
    ==============================
    I wouldn’t be to bothered about who turned up to the show, just as long as they there to have a good time maaane. e.g Currensy shows

I used to go to the Tunnel almost religiously, alotta women but also alotta thugs in there – most people were there to have a good time, get drunk, let off some steam.

25. Danny Ocean Says:

I don’t believe for a second that, he’s even been in a fist fight

co-don’t believe

26. Samir Says:

“You gonna make someone around me catch a body like that”

27. Harlem World Says:

Hulkshare >>>>

virus free, no pop ups either

28. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

I’d rather my concerts be full of young female fans
    ———————————————–

^So, when did rap become a fuckin ode to 80′s rocker swag?

I see what you’re saying and I see where your logic is, but, bitches font make everthing great. They ain’t gotta be mixed in everything.

That’s why these hoes think they run the world now. niggas keep including them in everything and giving them control over shit.

It starts over little shit like that though.

Just saying. Every Mos concert I been to had HELLA bitches running rampant.

29. Danny Ocean Says:

drake’s using the same blueprint, the same formula as he Thank Me Later

co-sign Take Care potentially being equal too or greater than TML

30. Bricktop Says:

making soft music > making hard music though
    not everything is ‘black & white’, but somethings NEED to be.
    rap is one of those things. the blending of r&b and rap is bad.
    that is all.

31. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

A little much.

*falls back*

I’m saying, if bitches show up, I’m pleased. But bitches are always gonna show up to shit.

That’s just what they do.

They show up.

32. Bricktop Says:

RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 10:30 am
    E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 10:24 am

making soft music > making hard music though

I’d rather my concerts be full of young female fans
    ———————————————–

Translation: “NOTHING will ever live up to my very 1st Lady GaGa concert. nothing!”

Translation 2.0: “I’m pretty certain that it’s okay to suck dick in order to gain the attention of females.”

33. Harlem World Says:

That’s just what they do.

They show up.

==================
    co-signature

“have a good time, get drunk, let off some steam”

34. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

white girls under 18
    ————————–

37. Eastern_Digital Says:

Wiz shows are 90% white girls under 18

Beezy swag.

38. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

*buys tickets to a Wiz concert*

39. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

Spitta Shows 97% guys smoking weed

But they both put on good shows

40. Bricktop Says:

lol. it’s true though. look at what you’re typing for christ’s sake! nah, seriously stop reading this right now and scroll the fuck back up and re-read your shit until it sinks in. now!

41. Samir Says:

On June 23, 2011 it was announced that hip hop artist, Kreayshawn was picked to direct the music video. Kreayshawn told MTV that she was shocked when the band’s label contacted her management about directing the video. She said she went to film school but never thought it would translate to something this big.

RHCP, what the fuck?!

42. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

Bricktop Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 11:10 am

————————————————

43. Eastern_Digital Says:

Do I want bitches in sight when I wild out at a MOP concert? Hell no. There’s bars you can hit up after the show for that.

44. Bricktop Says:

hulkshare.com/djchase

some of ya’ll really need to DL the “Who the F*ck Are You” mix and lock your selves in a room with nothing but that and a couple bottles of Henny.

45. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

Attention: for all those with a girl.
    Tell her you love her, pay extra attention to her, make her feel wanted n special.

My boy fwd’s me these txt he been talkin to this chick who got a man. He got her all open. The boyfriend saw the txt n damn near beat da bitch or sumn. He callin n txn da nigga like stop txn my girl etc. Drama.

But the point is women need attention if u ainn givin it theyll get it elsewhere almost any niggas bitch can get hit with the right approach.

Fucked up game it is

46. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Attention: for all those with a girl.

Fucked up game it is

^just keep goin back our convo last night lol.

Niggas, respect ya bitch.

47. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

cBc

on a related not: reading that convo from yesterday, TS you’re lucky you didn’t get bodied bro

48. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Troubleshooter1900
    11 hrs, 55 mins ago
    How you got a man n txn me 12 hours?

What type of nigga allows this? Where is this nigga?

“we don’t believe you yiu need more people”

^you’d be surprised my dude. When I was 18/19, I was working at a clothing store and used to fuck one of my co-workers. Her man used to drop her off AT my crib and I’d beat it up. She always told him that she was coming to see my niece that he seen over there one day. I done fucked this broad, let her swallow me, and even a couple of times had the condom get stuck I to her puss. Couldn’t pull it out because my fingers couldn’t go up that far. Smh at me being young and reckless.

I seen this broad jump in the whip after, and kiss this nigga. I died then, but looking back, that shit wasn’t cool.

When he finally found out what the fuck was going on, he pull a gun on me, but was too scared to use it. We went looking for that nigga, but he made himself disappear. And in the back of my head I knew I was one fucked up individual.

That shit still kinda make me take pity on niggas that can’t hold it down or love they bitch too much. But on the flip side, that nigga should have known better.

I’m just hoping that karma don’t double back on a nigga.

#TeamDeviant

#Confessions

#TS1900isAnAssholeDeepInside

49. Danny Ocean Says:

Kreayshawn = the white bitch with the braids in Hustle n Flow

50. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Nah, I was a fuckin terrorist back then.

I wad just a Deen’s list terrorist.

But I know I am.

51. Harlem World Says:

Fucked up game it is

========================
    hold up….

he should try harder because SHE is the unfaithful one?

“whooooose wooorrrd is this?”

52. Harlem World Says:

olympicks mixtape >>>>

could easily make an album just from that

53. Harlem World Says:

most women have no loyalty, i know very few who have the same group of friends they did from a while back – they talk shit about their main girl when shes not around, crazy

you dont own her, youre with her but she can do what she wants – remember that/accept that

trust x loyalty in a woman >>> other features

*falls the f back*

54. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

========================
    hold up….

he should try harder because SHE is the unfaithful one?

“whooooose wooorrrd is this?”

^i’m saying.

Some people don’t the rules and they never wanted to learn em.

But shit, when you gone, you gone. Gotta stay one step ahead.

When my girl feels neglected because of my schedule, I surprise her with a vacation or something sime like flowers and chocolates at work for no known reason. Or slap a Macy’s gift card on the table with a hand written note.

55. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

trust x loyalty in a woman >>> other features

^Preach Minister HW, Preach!!!!

56. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

they talk shit about their main girl when shes not around, crazy
    when approaching a group of women, it’s an effective tactic to get at the ugly duckling of the group or the 2nd most attractive girl from the group….the alpha female gets jealous real easy

57. Harlem World Says:

==================
    ts1900 = ll cool j ?

58. Harlem World Says:

fiend: cool is in session >>>

sound like sunday mornings

59. Danny Ocean Says:

divide and conquer

60. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

==================
    ts1900 = ll cool j ?

^LOL.

“you can tell my momma raised me with sense”

-AZ

61. Harlem World Says:

Troubleshooter1900 Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 11:41 am

trust x loyalty in a woman >>> other features

^Preach Minister HW, Preach!!!!

im sayin tho…..if youve put youre all into a relationship and she fucks up by cheating or leaving etc – then why should the man feel bad or guilty?

youll live, youll move on – she just gonna be a trick all her life, cant build with a woman like that – like the cliche’ goes “history repeats itself”

62. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

========================
    hold up….

he should try harder because SHE is the unfaithful one?

“whooooose wooorrrd is this?”

^naw but bcuz she not happy my nigga done slid in. He aint smash yet but from the txt it’s inevitable. These hoes I tell ya.

And that’s what I’m sayin. My ex got a new dude, but she txn me hours on end. Just conversation or whatever but I’m sayin what kinda nigga allow his girl to txt her ex non stop.
    Where dey do that @?

That how his “girl” goin get stolen
    Nigga just Rentin anyway lol

63. Danny Ocean Says:

so true. my 24 year old cousin and I grabbed a bite to eat the other day, with one of her “best friends.” it was some bitch she met literally 5 months ago, lol.

and once they get older, outta college, past 22 or 23…and the hunt for a wedding ring becomes the top priority…all bets are off.

bitches is ruthless amongst themselves yo.

64. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

divide and conquer

^word. That’s that Marine swag.

Always heard good reports from it. Never had the chance to practice it though. Got wifed up rather quickly:/

65. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

^overstood.

Never build on a faulty foundation.

Buildings crumble because of that. We need to stand strong.

66. Harlem World Says:

bitches is ruthless amongst themselves yo.

=======================
    word

67. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

bitches is ruthless amongst themselves yo.
    fact

68. GMLLZ Says:

This shit will pop in the club…but still……Dreams Money Can Buy>>>>

69. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

bitches is ruthless amongst themselves yo.

^yep. More ruthless than men on our best day.

Lucielle and the king typa shit. Women are natures most primal beast.

Trust.

70. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

^yep. More ruthless than men on our best day.

Lucielle and the king typa shit. Women are natures most primal beast.

Trust.

^even in the bible
    #Eve Swag

71. &What?! Says:

Tinie Tempah’s flow on ‘Till I’m Gone’ isn’t good, and I’m a fan.

72. Bricktop Says:

women are meant to be enjoyed, not understood. you will be a much happier man once you accept this.

73. Harlem World Says:

========================
    i dont know them – but if shes not happy with him she’ll cheat on him? why not just leave him?

i hope she dont get married cus shes gonna be unhappy quite a bit – she sounds like a typical trick

74. Bricktop Says:

broads turn into Froto/Lebron on the quest for THE RING and shit.

75. GMLLZ Says:

Word to bricktop.

76. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Women get their bridesmaids ugly ass dresses.

Men make sure every nigga in they royal court is fly.

77. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Men just go and look for he pussy.

Women take hours to pamper themselves just to ACT like they not looking for the dick.

78. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

gem

79. why? Says:

That intro until he starts talking > drakes career

80. Harlem World Says:

man, not enough room in the comment box to tell you the sheisty shit women do – smh

9 out of 10 have no loyalty tho

maury povich been tryna tell niggas

81. Harlem World Says:

“if you liked it then you should put a ring on it”

k

82. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

^i don’t kno the breezy buy they work together her pressed up on her n got her

Her bf is her baby dad u kno that type shitt

My nigga ain’t goin wife her or nothin he playboy status so he’ll smash get her wrapped up then on to next one.

Niggas hunt bitches don’t like a lion on da pride

83. Harlem World Says:

“i need a soldier that aint fraid to stand up for me
    gotta carry big things if you know what i mean”

k

84. &What?! Says:

99 Problems >>>>>>>>

The beat is crazy, still.

85. Tong Po Flo Says:

broads turn into Froto/Lebron on the quest for THE RING and shit.

^ LOL!

Captain America >>

Ole gurl when she was wearing that red dress >>>>>>>

86. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

“huntin bitches down like a lion on da pride
    7 days now I got her n my ride
    Sipping on da liquor smokin weed n gettin hi
    Kno it’s game over once I get her back inside”
    -00

87. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

broads turn into Froto/Lebron on the quest for THE RING and shit.
    rofffs

once that biological clock starts ticking…

88. why? Says:

Jai Paul BTSTU > Drake dreams money can buy

89. Harlem World Says:

“out of allllll the girls you a masterpieeeeece”

fiend >>>>

i didnt know he can sing too

90. Coop Says:

Take Care.

91. &What?! Says:

NY rappers > rest of world rappers.

92. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

why? Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Jai Paul BTSTU > Drake dreams money can buy
    —————————————

nah

93. Harlem World Says:

Troops fighting in Afghanistan have been told that the Obama administration is expected to make their salaries a lower priority than interest payments to foreign bond-holders

America’s top military official, Admiral Mike Mullen, delivered the stunning news to soldiers at a meeting at Kandahar air base in southern Afghanistan.

Asked if they will be paid if Mr Obama is unable to resolve the deadlock, he said: ‘I honestly can’t answer that question.
    ===========

this is gonna come back to bite him in the ass (ll)

94. Danny Ocean Says:

via twitter

“that new drake sounds like drake doing a parody of himself”

ROFL.

accurate

95. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

&What?!
    3 mins ago
    NY rappers > rest of world rappers.

^No.

Just NaS.

Let’s see…

Chicago:

Common
    Lupe
    Kanye

But we also got:

Yung Berg
    Crucial Conflict
    Cons

#Bittersweet

We got No I.D. Tho, so…….

96. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

Danny Ocean Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 12:35 pm

via twitter

“that new drake sounds like drake doing a parody of himself”

ROFL.

accurate
    ——————————————–

lol nah….not yet.

but it will happen eventually. Happens to everyone. Jay’s been doing a sub-par impression of himself since Kingdom Come.

And if you’re good enough, self-parody is still good shit. See: Jay again.

97. Bricktop Says:

this is one of the single most irresponsible actions a military official could ever make. wow. just wow.

98. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

damn

99. Danny Ocean Says:

like that could easily be Affion Crockett on that Headlines track. easily.

100. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

Wasn’t there some talk of Obama being able to use the 14th Amendment to bypass Congress if he needed to to raise the ceiling?

I’m not well versed on this, so I’m not sure if that’s the case though.

In any event if he could and did do something like that I can only imagine the shitstorm that would ensue.

101. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

&What?! Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 12:27 pm

NY rappers > rest of world rappers.
    —————————————–

I dunno man….Papua New Guinea has a new crop of rappers that are tearing things up lately…

102. Danny Ocean Says:

And if you’re good enough, self-parody is still good shit. See: Jay again.

true. very true.

it’s fun to clown drake, but I’m still fucking with the music. regardless.

103. Danny Ocean Says:

Obama took the back route. killed Bin Laden…another four up in The Black House! (c) Trouble On My Mind

stop playing, Push

104. LeRoy Green Says:

POP RAP.

this is made for 16 yr old girls.

Then again I been listenin to Sunz Of Man The Last Shall Be First all week so Drake lyrics cant exactly fit in right now.

105. Tong Po Flo Says:

Crucial Conflict

^ whoa whoa whoa there homie

Hay >>>>> alotta songs

106. Tong Po Flo Says:

^ We will get paid regardless I serious hope they don’t except us to risk our lives on the free

107. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

Chicago also has Rhymefest, Vakill, Verbal Kent, Scheme and a couple other dudes I’m forgetting that can all rap

108. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

LeRoy Green
    0 mins ago

*sighs*

Beats beats beats beats beats beats……..

Where they at mane?

109. LeRoy Green Says:

Dont even play.

Desparaaadoooooooo I cant help, I just cant let it…..riiiiiiiiiide

Wanted dead or alive

110. PG-DC Says:

I REFUSE TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING THAT I AINT HEARD ALREADY AS A STREAM! – MY COMPUTER WILL NEVER FORGIVE ME IF I DO.

111. LeRoy Green Says:

@TS1900 its been slow cuz life got real ill on a nigga.

I got new shit but need a few more tracks to make it a full beat tape. Best believe im on it tho homie

112. Harlem World Says:

Plaxico back, plaxico back
    thats all these bitches screamin that….

113. Mini Daddy Says:

kickette.com/cesc-fabregas-dapper-on-downing-street/#IDComment177230055
    ===
    say word ni99az have da time to comment on nahright and wine n dine pryme minesters

114. Eastern_Digital Says:

kickette.com/cesc-fabregas-dapper-on-downing-street/#IDComment177230055
    ===

What?

115. Charles Oakley Says:

Psycho Drama – Magic
    hulkshare.com/1ampiuycth28

116. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

nydailynews.com/ny_local/education/2011/07/31/2011-07-31_principal_of_hate_school_boss_racist_writings_worry_parents.html
    talk about conflict of interests

117. Charles Oakley Says:

Chicago:

Common
    Lupe
    Kanye
    Twista too

At least back in the day

Adrenaline Rush >>>>>

Mobstability >>>>>

118. Charles Oakley Says:

talk about conflict of interests
    the game the same

it just got more fiercer

119. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

co-sign Chicago hip hop

120. PG-DC Says:

AYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! THAT 1:55 MARK IS GOLD!!! youtube.com/watch?v=d9T00jA3QVQ

121. Eastern_Digital Says:

talk about conflict of interests

lol…shit is fucked up tho. Even more fucked up is that it’s a elemetary school.

122. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

NY rappers > rest of world rappers

cBc

We give Detroit it’s props, but that’s where it stops…

123. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

Plax to the Jets

124. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

“ate 9 sliced of that humble pie
    But u kno I still talk my shitt righttttt”

125. Bones Jackson Says:

If anyone else put out this single it would be seen as a failure

126. Captain Planet Says:

Debt Ceiling ?

26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp4noiPGKR1qcuv0no1_500.gif

127. Captain Planet Says:

Whoa

Cee-Lo wrote and produced ” Dontcha ” by the Pussycat Dolls ?

Get money

128. Captain Planet Says:

Mini Daddy Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 1:18 pm

kickette.com/cesc-fabregas-dapper-on-downing-street/#IDComment177230055
    ===

—————————-

Ha !

129. Captain Planet Says:

27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp4k04BLCK1qd3qbqo1_500.gif

—————————-

All Day !

130. Rozay Bryant Says:

YMCMB we in this bitch!

OVOXO yo girl at my next show

131. Captain Planet Says:

” Music has to be made from the heart and soul … not machines ” – Cee-Lo Green

132. 007 Says:

Dope Fiend Bites Head Off A Pigeon! (On Some Ozzy Osbourne Type Sh*t)

^Yooooooooooo

133. Captain Planet Says:

tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 11:52 am

—————————

tinyurl.com/3teho2c

134. Deen Says:

#FantasyRap

This beige nigga been hangin with Rawse too much. Catch a body? Word?

OK.

135. Harlem World Says:

chill, it was just 1 line – we should already be prepared for at least 1 corny drake line per song

do you think NaS really had the Uzi in his army jacket lining?

or freddie gibbs really kept a choppa in his school locker?

136. Harlem World Says:

*daydreams about mya and strawberry cream*
    *throws water on self*

137. Deen Says:

do you think NaS really had the Uzi in his army jacket lining?

No. But he is the God of rap.

=============

or freddie gibbs really kept a choppa in his school locker?

Yes. And he can rap gooder than Beige nigga.

138. A chick Says:

lol….not anything I was expecting but it’s cool.

Clearly he is using the same formula as usual in choosing his singles.

And co-siggy everything RNC said about Take Care prolly having more stand out tracks.

139. Harlem World Says:

freddie gibbs really kept a choppa in his school locker?

===============
    a choppa

come on b

how & why you gonna put a choppa in a school locker – jansports got room

140. A chick Says:

Harlem World Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 3:19 pm
    *daydreams about mya and strawberry cream*
    ———————–
    Who is Mya and what does she do?

141. koa29 Says:

*listens*
    *suddenly has urge to take up ballet*

grown men really listen to this shit?

really?!

REALLY?!?!

Yup…Sorry..We All don’t Man-Stan over Chewbacca-lookin nigga ass Sean Price …

142. Eastern_Digital Says:

how & why you gonna put a choppa in a school locker – jansports got room

word.

1 bookbag, 6 heaters (c) Styles >>> Chopper in the locker (c) Gibbs

yo hold up on sec, I gotta go to my locker to get my chopper before we start exchanging bullets.

143. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

tinyurl.com/3teho2c

^Cp you silly!

144. koa29 Says:

we drink every night cause we drink to my accomplishments, faded way too long i’m floatin in & outta conciousness…

145. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

================================
    Nigga slippin him self roofies.

Canadian weirdo.

146. koa29 Says:

Nigga slippin him self roofies.

Canadian weirdo.

lol, daps

147. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

TML was a cool collection of singles but it’s not as cohesive as SFG.

Take Care needs to combine the two. Killer singles & musical continuity throughout.

148. stot Says:

Los >

149. A chick Says:

TML was a cool collection of singles but it’s not as cohesive as SFG.
    ——————
    This is true but not necessarily a bad thing. I play TML more often than SFG because it has some great cuts throughout!
    SFG is a mood changer, a completely somber album. I’m rarely in the mindset to listen to that, although I do consider it the best mixtape of all time.

150. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

stot Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Los >
    ———————–

151. stot Says:

oh yeah and this song sucks

152. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:05 pm

TML was a cool collection of singles but it’s not as cohesive as SFG.

————————————

So far it sounds like Take Care will do just that.

153. stot Says:

# RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:14 pm

stot Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Los >
    ———————–

LOL

why?

154. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

Remember Do It All anyone?

Pretty good song, if that, Dreams Money Can Buy, and Marvin’s Room don’t make the album, I don’t know what to say. Drake can make some great songs, he has trouble picking the right ones to showcase when it’s time to actually sell a CD.

155. stot Says:

this song is made STRICTLY for teenage girls and metrosexuals

156. stot Says:

RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Remember Do It All anyone?

I’m Ready For You >>>>>>>>

157. Harlem World Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 3:57 pm

================================
    Nigga slippin him self roofies.

Canadian weirdo.

July 31st, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Los >
    ———————–

LOL

why?
    ——————–
    Never mind, I thought you were referring to Jerzy Los, Polish Mathematician and Logician. Carry on.

159. Harlem World Says:

A chick Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Harlem World Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 3:19 pm
    *daydreams about mya and strawberry cream*
    ———————–
    Who is Mya and what does she do?

==============
    *ice grills A chick – like real hard tho*

160. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

stot Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:19 pm

RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Remember Do It All anyone?

I’m Ready For You >>>>>>>>
    ———————————-

Haven’t heard this one before. On first listen it’s alright.

161. A chick Says:

————-
    Nah he knows what he’s doing, even with bad single choices.

“I’m on one” proves that he knows how to knowingly make a hit single.

162. stot Says:

drake – “killer” is dope too.. don’t think that made any album/mixtape

163. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

Nardwuar interviews with rappers>>>

164. A chick Says:

stot Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:23 pm
    drake – “killer” is dope too.. don’t think that made any album/mixtape
    ————–
    yep def one of my faves.

165. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

stot Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:23 pm

drake – “killer” is dope too
    —————————

Fuck haven’t heard this one either….it’s pretty good.

These songs must have come out when school was hectic for me or something.

166. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

A chick Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:23 pm

————-
    Nah he knows what he’s doing, even with bad single choices.
    ——————————————-

Yeah he’s trying to do him even if it’s not the best choice for commercial reasons, but still…Find Your Love over Fancy?

Agreed on I’m On One. Drake’s still the go to hook guy in rap right now, even with some good competition from a few other guys like Wiz.

167. rex hussla Says:

This shit is real corny

aka

somehow we’ll be hearing it all over real soon

168. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

The first half of Get Rich or Die Trying is one the the GOAT first halves of a rap album.

Second half…ehhhhh

169. rex hussla Says:

“I have a dream home, two nice cars, three beautiful dogs, but I haven’t enjoyed one part of it. And it was hard to understand why.”

This was one of many gripping sentences in one of the most unforgettable press conferences you will ever see, regardless of reason. When Miami Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall(notes) took to the microphone to talk with the media on Sunday, the subject was the brilliant article written by Omar Kelly of the Miami Sun-Sentinel and published the day before. In that article, Marshall admitted to having a form of BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder).

According to the Mayo Clinic, BPD can be seen with the following symptoms:

People with borderline personality disorder often feel misunderstood, alone, empty and hopeless. They’re typically full of self-hate and self-loathing. They may be fully aware that their behavior is destructive, but feel unable to change it. Poor impulse control may lead to problems with gambling, driving or even the law. They may find that many areas of their lives are affected, including social relationships, work or school.

170. stot Says:

yo rnc

listen to los’s verse on this song (third & last verse)

then tell me y no one knows bout this dude

youtube/watch?v=PYnWGLHvw20

171. rex hussla Says:

*Big Seth’s it up*

All of Drake’s artwork is pretty wack too…I don’t know who this artist is that has been doing all his shit, but it’s pretty minimal and half ass. Like he’s on some “less is more” shit but it’s just kinda wack.

172. A chick Says:

@RNC

I always felt like that about Game’s “The Documentary.”

Must be what 50 does…

173. rex hussla Says:

Marshall was honest, open, and vulnerable at the microphone on Sunday — he talked about the disorder wwithout hesitation and said that he had not been able to enjoy any part of his career to date as a result of it. It was an absolutely riveting thing to see, and a stark reminder that as much as football is a sport that tends to depersonalize at times, it’s still a game very much about people.

Marshall credited his wife with trying to understand and love him, talked about the relatively high rate of BPD cases that end in suicide (about 10 percent, he said), and said that 35 percent of the male prison population has been diagnosed with BPD, and 25 percent of the female prison population. He said that if not for treatment “I would have thrown away my career, and there was a good possibility, my life. I’m still suffering from the cons of this. Another reason I’m so passionate about it is that I may lose my wife still, and this hurts me.”

“By no means am I all healed or fixed,” Marshall told Kelly, “but it’s like a light bulb been turned on in my dark room.”

174. Eastern_Digital Says:

Los >
    ———————–

LOL

why?
    ——————–

lmao

Georg Lukacs >>> George Lucas

175. koa29 Says:

but still…Find Your Love over Fancy?

forreal, Drake fucked up with the single choices for TML.

It was aight to have Over as the first one, he wanted to do that, so it’s cool,

but Show Me A Good Time shoulda been single #2. That shit could have helped Drake sell 600k+ units rather then only 450…

176. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

LMAO @ the Cons-Pusha beef though.

This HAS to be set up. There’s no way it’s real, Pusha would have fired back by now, and if he really had dirt on Kanye Cons would have said it.

There’s no beef, they’re probably all in on it to help get some buzz for Cons AND Pusha.

I seriously wouldn’t put it behind them given their association with Kanye…and if anybody remember some of the antics he resorted to the last two months before his album came out. This is nothing in comparison.

177. koa29 Says:

1. Over (b-side single)
    2. Show Me a Good Time
    3. Unforgettable
    4. Fancy

but im no A&R so fuck it.

178. stot Says:

co-sign that show me a good time shoulda been a single

179. A chick Says:

koa29 Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:37 pm
    1. Over (b-side single)
    2. Show Me a Good Time
    3. Unforgettable
    4. Fancy

but im no A&R so fuck it.
    —————————
    5. Shut It Down

180. A chick Says:

Actually Drake did release Fancy and shot a video for it, which he later pulled.

What the hell was that about?

181. stot Says:

let’s be real tho.. none of those singles would been smash hits or anythin

182. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

@Eastern Digital: LOL

@ A Chick: Either that or the production and A&R at Aftermath. I know not everyone is a fan on Nah, but for those that are fans of Eminem, I’ve always noticed the second halves of all of his albums lagged, too.

@stot: Honestly, it’s not that he’s not nice but people aren’t really looking for that kind of rap right now. He’s a victim of trends, and at least based on that song, subpar production too.

@koa: Yeah, Drake could have sold much more had he picked different singles. I mean, 6 months earlier he had an EP with most of the songs already released for free on SFG, still go gold. That’s pretty crazy.

183. koa29 Says:

none of those singles would been smash hits or anythin

they coulda been… i mean, i guess Find Your Love wasn’t the WORST choice at the time, radio ate that shit up. it was atleast in the top 10 for awhile.

and even tho he studio sang the whole thing, the beat was that summertime fine shit

184. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

A chick Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:40 pm

What the hell was that about?
    ———————————

Maybe it had something to do with T.I.. I mean it’s possible they finished Drake’s parts but Tip got locked up again before they could finish or something.

185. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

stot Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:40 pm

let’s be real tho.. none of those singles would been smash hits or anythin
    ———————————————

Find Your Love was the very definition of an album track, and it still went to #5 I think.

Fancy on the other hand was such an obvious choice for single #2, yet by the time it was released it was already old.

186. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

Next single off of Watch the Throne better be out tomorrow. There’s no way Otis is the only single they use to promote that LP. Jay won’t allow it.

187. koa29 Says:

I think that’s more a product of Eminem not really having the best ear for beats. I’m a fan, but in all honesty as of late his beat selection been kinda weak. I liked the raps on it, but see that Bad Meets Evil EP for proof…

188. A chick Says:

“I might be too strung out on compliments, overdose on confidence, started not to give a fuck and stop fearing the consequence”
    GOAT SONG OPENER lol

189. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

koa29 Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:47 pm

———————————————–

That’s true, a big part of his albums losing steam by the end is that you can only listen to shitty beats for so long.

190. A chick Says:

RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:47 pm
    —————-
    Otis utilizes a GREAT sample but that’s about it. Lyrics were lackluster.

This must be the year of the ANTI-single.

191. koa29 Says:

Lyrics were lackluster.

you think so? i mean yeah they weren’t on that intellectual lyrical shit, but c’mon, who raps better about #DatLife then Hov?

Welcome to Havana
    Smoking Cubana’s with Castro in cabanas
    Viva Mexico, Cubano
    Dominicano, all the plugs that I know
    Driving Benzes with no benefits
    Not bad, huh, for some immigrants?
    Build your fences, we digging tunnels
    Can’t you see we gettin money up under you?

192. A chick Says:

I bet J.Cole drops off that single with Trey Songz sometime today.

Just got a feelin’

193. A chick Says:

koa29 Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 4:53 pm
    Lyrics were lackluster.

——————
    Don’t get it twisted koala, I’m a low-key Jay stan.

But that back-n-forth tradin’ verses thing he does with Ye’ ain’t for me.

The only time I enjoyed that was on “BK’s Finest.”

194. stot Says:

so is “im on one” gunna be the summer anthem for this year then?

i mean it’s alrdy august… if we don’t get a smash real soon then we’re settlin for “im on one”

it’s dope, but still…

195. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

Ye>Jay on Otis by a lot IMO

196. A chick Says:

so is “im on one” gunna be the summer anthem for this year then?

—————
    It’s been a weak summer but both of Big Sean’s singles are better than THAT.

Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay >>>

197. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

What was THE summer anthem last year?

2009 had a bunch of great anthems for the summer. Just from YM there was Every Girl, Forever.

198. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

I guess Eminem had two HUGE songs last year, but I wouldn’t call either one of those songs ANTHEMS.

199. stot Says:

# A chick Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 5:00 pm

so is “im on one” gunna be the summer anthem for this year then?

—————
    It’s been a weak summer but both of Big Sean’s singles are better than THAT.

Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay >>>

cmon now…

200. stot Says:

BTW “grove st party” is an absolute monster in the clubs…

wowzers

RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 5:01 pm

What was THE summer anthem last year

====================
    bmf was probably the biggest hit last summer
    —————————————

True true, Rozay had some big hits last year.

But brings me to this point: This year and last rap hasn’t penetrated the mainstream pop scene as well as 09, 08 and before. At the same time, some great music being made by underground and outskirts of mainstream guys like Spitta, KRIT, etc.

Overall, much better output the last couple of years but it’s weird when the heavyweights can’t seem to make a dent in the pop arean the way they did in years past.

204. Harlem World Says:

Welcome to Havana
    Smoking Cubana’s with Castro in cabanas

============================
    forgive him – for he does not know what he’s saying

cuba tho >>>>>

205. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

stot Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 5:10 pm

i can’t really even remember anythin from summer 2010

but if “forever” came out that summer it’d definitely be the anthem
    —————————————–

I think it was out the month before school, so August.

206. Eastern_Digital Says:

Summer 2010 had some anthems, they werent Rap tho.

207. stot Says:

# RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 5:12 pm

stot Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 5:10 pm

i can’t really even remember anythin from summer 2010

but if “forever” came out that summer it’d definitely be the anthem
    —————————————–

I think it was out the month before school, so August.

yup… and the vid came out like right before school started for me… like september…

man i played that song out like crazy

208. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

word stot

209. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

anyway I’m out

take it easy peeps

210. stot Says:

i remember “forever” shuttin down the internet…

nah was wildn out and shit…

everyone was like “damn the white boy got em”

211. stot Says:

peace out rnc

212. going rogue Says:

the jai paul song was good because that beat is nasty, marvins room and this are garbage i fear for the future

213. stot Says:

on 3rd or 4th listen, this song isn’t bad…

still pretty “meh”

214. Bricktop Says:

Yup…Sorry..We All don’t Man-Stan over Chewbacca-lookin nigga ass Sean Price …

Nocturnal was the very last time i paid attention to ol boy. nice album and all, but. . . never considered him nice enough to follow his career for a decade and a half.

either way, at least Mr. Price raps about man shit. and i can respect that. after all, we’re talking about rap here. not r&b. not pop. not easy rock.

rap.

what this guy (mallardman) does is swoon, croon, and coon for bitches about bitch shit from a bitches perspective. teenage bitches at that.

so what does that make you for “Man-Stanning” for Drake?

like i said earlier though, i’ve learned to become more tolerant of that kind of alternative lifestyle becoming ever present in modern media. it’s a free country. do what you feel. just don’t try to convince me that this is rap.

lol, some folks lift weights to get in shape. others just dance along to Richard Simmonds videos.

215. stot Says:

im on one > trust issues > headlines > dreams money can buy > marvin’s room

216. Eastern_Digital Says:

rap.

so what does that make you for “Man-Stanning” for Drake?

Blame LL Cool J

217. stot Says:

drug test>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

218. Asparaghost Says:

wait, did Drake say he puts out mob hits in that first verse?

219. Bricktop Says:

Blame LL Cool J
    nah, he was cool.

220. koa29 Says:

Headlines > Over

221. koa29 Says:

stot Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 5:23 pm
    drug test>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THIS….

Game continues with the fuckery (i.e.: “Uncle Otis”, begging to re-join G-unit then dissing them every other week)

but if he has more music like Drug Test, Infrared, Pot of Gold etc. then i’ll be checkin for the album..

222. London Bloke Says:

Drake >

223. Deen Says:

Any other Drake song > Over.

224. LeRoy Green Says:

rap.

so what does that make you for “Man-Stanning” for Drake?

^^^^^^6

*standin ovation*

im sayin. His bars can be impressive at times, but he dont EVER needa mouth the words “catch a body”. Stop it. That boy startin to feel himself a lil too much.

This beat goes tho, thats fa sho

225. stot Says:

# Deen Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Any other Drake song > Over.

basically.

saying headlines > over isn’t saying shit

226. Smooth Says:

How long we gotta wait until b and $wondough$ drop that collab?

the streets (me, capt planet and e aka mac) is waiting

227. big545 Says:

Drake sounds so robotic when hes singing.

228. a Says: