Pete Rock & Smif-N-Wessun Statement on Tammany Hall Incident

What follows is Tek and Steel’e official statement regarding the fuckery at the Monumental album release party at Tammany Hall a few nights ago.

On Tuesday, June 28th, Pete Rock, Tek & Steele (of Smif N Wessun) were celebrating the release of their collaborative album, ‘Monumental.’ It was a peaceful gathering inside of a sold-out Tammany Hall (lower-east side Manhattan, NY) to see the group perform new music from the project. Earlier in the evening some guests wanted to enter the event but were turned away by the management and bouncers employed by the club. A minor argument ensued, but eventually was diffused by the bouncers. Thirty minutes after that minor skirmish 15-20 uniformed Police Officers from the 7th precinct arrived at the venue. Shortly after even more uniformed officers arrived. The officers then hurried into the club and began macing and assaulting individuals inside the club, dragging one of them out and pummeling him directly in front of the club. Present at the event were artists, industry tastemakers, fans, photographers, and cameramen. Several people began filming and recording the unprovoked brutality, much to the dismay of the police. The officers then began to mace and assault anyone within arms length, including several women. Kenneth Montgomery, the group’s attorney, who was in attendance at the event, stated that the Police “behavior was unjustified, unprovoked, and simply barbaric considering there was no provocation.” Pete Rock, Tek and Steele fortunately were not harmed, however some of their friends & family were assaulted by the Police. The group’s attorney, Kenneth Montgomery, is addressing the situation now with local community leaders & is available for comment with more detailed information.

Also see Pete Rock’s wife’s statement on the arrest of her daughter during the melee.

With an extremely heavy heart I communicate to my friends and colleagues that over 24 hours ago my family and friends went out to celebrate the album release of Monumental. It was a peaceful, fun classic hip hop party. We all left the venue to be greeted outside by a sea of NYPD gloved up and very aggressive. As we began to move we all witnessed the most brutal beating of a party patron. He was on the floor surrounded by 10 police officers with sticks out beating him. In shock, we must have not moved quickly enough to the officers liking and they shouted “Move the FUCK back” and then shoved myself and my daughter down to the ground. Now we were surrounded by 3 cops and 1 pinning us down. My daughter shouted “Get off my mother” and was handcuffed and arrested. I am sure you heard or saw the disturbing graphic videos that have been circulating on line. Tonight with a lump in my throat my daughter remains in police custody with 4 others. She has been charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct. With gratitude I have received emails, texts, msgs and phone calls sending support and asking what they can do. Tonight I ask if you can to join us peacefully tomorrow morning 9am at 100 Centre St New York, NY to stand up with us to this injustice. If you can not, please repost, tweet, email and let the world know.

Previously: NYPD Shuts Down Smif-N-Wessun & Pete Rock Release Party

47 Responses to “Pete Rock & Smif-N-Wessun Statement on Tammany Hall Incident”

1. stot Says:

@mcb

she’s 19.. like me

2. stot Says:

# the absence of heat Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 12:46 pm

it’s def bomb grade

^ this is def cause for concern

huh?

3. rex hussla Says:

stot, she probably has another dude who’s closer and she’s trying to narrow down her choices. and you’re already blowing the whole deal with this simpin’ talk about “the drive is worth it, it’s not a problem”. She was hoping for you to say “Yeah that’s cool”.

4. SPITGAME Says:

keystyles, no writtens, the source of the flow’s hidden
    the third eye behold the force that the globe’s missin
    ignorance of the divine is the form of ya own prison
    not from jersey, but early i learned about cold livin
    the whole system, imagine that instead of battle raps
    stolen land, broken plans, nah you can’t have it back
    without war, struggle and strife, determination
    against heads of state who legislate to murder nations
    Spineless politicians who knows where there vertebrae went,
    That was my excuse to wyle, but now I’m learning patience,
    In a world where ignorant souls take the Qu’ran and burn the pages,
    We been held down long enough it’s time to return the favor,
    I’m reppin for the people until I’m returned to nature,
    And smokin dutches till I run out and im burnin papers,
    The revolution is here, it’s time that we birth a nation,
    Can’t talk that spiritual like the Cheif, but I do my best interpertation

5. London Bloke Says:

false raggin

You know when you dont even know what to type

6. stot Says:

# Dos Equis Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 12:48 pm

learn em…a good well rounded hoe will travel 2 hours each way everyday for dick she needs

i don’t know about that man.. 2 hrs is inconvenient as FUCK.. like too inconvenient.. 40-45 min isn’t that bad tho.. and like i said i can mob there in like 30-35.. but she thinks it’s far

7. the absence of heat Says:

stot Says:

June 30th, 2011 at 12:50 pm
    # the absence of heat Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 12:46 pm

it’s def bomb grade

^ this is def cause for concern

huh?

^ with bomb grade puss, you either move closer to it or run further from it.

more after the jump if needed.

8. mcb Says:

stot Says:

June 30th, 2011 at 12:50 pm
    @mcb

she’s 19.. like me

word, just making sure hahaha

do what you want, but dont allow regrets in your life. either by simpin or by not doing enough, its a fine balance, shit im no pimp so i guess these other guys on here must be the source of information

i wish you luck tho

9. Dos Equis Says:

Aint shit chief..awaiting this weekend..got a lot of things lined up..
    ~~

10 minutes before she freaked out that her mom would walk in and some bullshit.. but yeah she’s sexy

Is she a colored girl?

10. kevfrescura de talco Says:

yo NOWB…

if you’re lurking…i’ll let you know on here when its finished downloading so you can take it down. low gigs is fuckin with my gmail.

thx tho.

11. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

what part of the south is she moving too?

socal.. prob san diego.. i might move to socal in a year too myself for school but more likely will be stayin in norcal

I knew a couple that would take the train on the weekends to be together, the guy lived in san luis obispo and the girl in san diego

12. the absence of heat Says:

London Bloke Says:

June 30th, 2011 at 12:52 pm
    false raggin

You know when you dont even know what to type

^ heard stories of chicks using ketchup so not to give the puss up… But will gladly give up anal.

13. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

Is she a colored girl?

roffle

14. mel kiper III Says:

she not that into you fam

toot it & boot it

15. stot Says:

# rex hussla Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 12:51 pm

lol nah she’s not talking to anyone.. i’m sure of it.. she’s crazy about me and it’s prty obvious.. she’s just worried that she’ll fall too quickly or some shit and then get heartbroken or whatever cause she knows shes moving in a year.. but idk. i’m not simpin i’m tryin to make this work because i know she wants it to work too she just scared it won’t.. and i am a little too, but it’ swhatever

16. the absence of heat Says:

^ long distance relationships dont work fam.

17. mcb Says:

im a rappin rapscallion sippin an macallan,
    pull out the gloves, strike down your batallion

18. Dos Equis Says:

She 19..leave her..she gonna leave you anyway for a older nigga like me that can put her up in a hotel close by or pay for her gas and a burger on them days I wanna get together with her to have sex and laugh at you.

Life’s cruel.

19. stot Says:

# Dos Equis Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Is she a colored girl?

lolol nah she’s a mix of a lot of shit.. i think mostly assyrian & mexican.. i forget what else

20. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

^ long distance relationships dont work fam.

co-sign, I was just presenting an option

in general I don’t think monogamy works though

*kanye shrug*

21. mel kiper III Says:

stot’s the homie, i aint even tryna clown my man. pause

cancel that bitch

22. koa29 Says:

Is that Lil B homo album any good?

23. stot Says:

# the absence of heat Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 12:52 pm

with bomb grade puss, you either move closer to it or run further from it.

more after the jump if needed.

lol go on

24. rex hussla Says:

stot, you still live with your parents right? Her other dude has his own place, that’s what she means by “convenient”

25. the absence of heat Says:

in general I don’t think monogamy works though

^ true that, its kinda like death, you know the infedelity is coming.

26. b Says:

bsg, lets say u went in on a whole j armz ( no tkf))how to be an mc joint, how long would it take u to the entire disc,I think I move too slow.that was a crazy fuckin verse by the way bruh.

27. koa29 Says:

Game x Busta “Breakin Rules” >>>>>>>>

28. mcb Says:

cosign on long distance being no good

its more than rare if they do, and usually not long…

it’ll fuck you/your girls minds up or jsut strain shit.

29. stot Says:

# mel kiper III Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 12:57 pm

stot’s the homie, i aint even tryna clown my man. pause

cancel that bitch

lol! *daps*

ya we’ll see what happens i guess i’m not trippin bout shit, like i’ll try to make it work and tell her how it is and if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work

and if not boo, you know what, i still fucked you (c) Ja Rule

30. Dos Equis Says:

Sounds like you fell for her already?

Tell you what..introduce me to her, i’ll text you when she comes over and when you accidentally catch us fucking you can have a good reason to hate her and not want her anymore.

31. mcb Says:

whenever a bitch comes up its either

oh she fucking someone/everyone else
    or
    ya she crazy, you should get away

and im not saying either is false

32. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

Dear Deen/MiniDaddy,

Get off my dick!

Signed: Your fav commenter 00

33. mel kiper III Says:

its kinda like death, you know the infedelity is coming.

cBc

34. mel kiper III Says:

and if not boo, you know what, i still fucked you (c) Ja Rule

imout

35. Deen Says:

Is she a colored girl?

roffle

Dead.

But co-sign Mel Kiper/Nino Brown.

36. the absence of heat Says:

with bomb grade puss, you either move closer to it or run further from it.

more after the jump if needed.

lol go on

^ its dangerous because if the bomb grade resides in the vicinity but you have no claim to it, it can result in a sick feeling in the stomach region. Therefore, the only viable options are to either do whats necessary to claim it, or physically distance yourself from it. Outta site outta mind. Bomb grade aint your run of the mill puss.

37. Dos Equis Says:

dawg…..when you type shit like this it HAS to come with pictures

*googles assyrian*

38. stot Says:

# Dos Equis Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Sounds like you fell for her already?

Nah she doesn’t want to fuck with little boys, b

and nah i haven’t fallen for her

39. stot Says:

no shots dos equis

40. SPITGAME Says:

I don’t know b… I be feeling I move too slow too sometime but if the beat tape got alotta ill joints out… Prolly a few weeks to a month… To make sure it’s all tight and ready to record… On the low right before I got back home I basically wrote to a whole J Armz tape… I think I’ma chop dem verses up for some ZIP projects and a couple of my solo OG production projects doe

41. Deen Says:

Dear Deen

007 – what’s this random hostility about?

I ain’t said a thing to or about you in about a week?

42. the absence of heat Says:

007 – what’s this random hostility about?

I ain’t said a thing to or about you in about a week?

^ take of yo mask b.

43. rex hussla Says:

all I’m saying is leaving your feelings in the hand of any woman, let alone a 19 year old girls hands, is a good way to end up in major failure. Take it from a reformed nice guy long removed from that stage of my life. Easier said than done, but the brain of a 19 year old chick is pretty fickle. She’s either gonna become super clingy (long term relationship type-even if the relationship is terrible) or super flighty (easily amused and interested in the15 dudes vying for her attention)

44. koa29 Says:

Nas Lost with that “Nasty” shit.

shame

45. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

007 – what’s this random hostility about?
    I ain’t said a thing to or about you in about a
    week?
    ^ take of yo mask b.

^your covers been blown

46. Chief Ali Says:

Spineless politicians who knows where there vertebrae went,
    That was my excuse to wyle, but now I’m learning patience,
    In a world where ignorant souls take the Qu’ran and burn the pages,
    We been held down long enough it’s time to return the favor,
    I’m reppin for the people until I’m returned to nature,
    And smokin dutches till I run out and im burnin papers,
    The revolution is here, it’s time that we birth a nation,
    Can’t talk that spiritual like the Cheif, but I do my best interpertation

———–

and we speak the same language, peep the word invasion
    if the debate who’s hotter, we on the verge of satan
    merge the pages and started seein spirts in the booth
    and they spoke to me so openly, these lyrics is the proof
    fearless with the truth, armed with knowledge from the past
    used to be obsessed with poppin bottles and some ass
    money cash hoes, trinkets, designer threads
    then i got an inkling of my worth and decided to find my head

47. Nah Right » Smif-N-Wessun – 2 Minutes NY Banger Says:

[...] Previously: Pete Rock & Smif-N-Wessun Statement on Tammany Hall Incident [...]