I shouldn’t have to tell you how amped I am to present this latest installment in the Restless Films x Nah Right “One Shot” video series. Big propers to Tek, Steele, Pete, Sean and SP for coming out, and Court Dunn, Jonathan Master and the Restless Films team for making it happen.

Smif-N-Wessun and Pete Rock’s Monumental is available today.

Previously: Pete Rock & Smif-N-Wessun in the Studio Pt. 2 (The Making of “That’s Hard”)

115 Responses to “Video: Smif-N-Wessun & Pete Rock ft. Styles P & Sean Price – That’s Hard (One Shot)”

1. d_Block_4_Life Says:

Time is Money got pushed back because Clifford flipped that same Krystal Waters sample Styles was gonna use for his single.

jihaD
    for 3 years, tho? I dunno. I think 50 had a hand in that… he said it himself, unless he was lying.

2. el feces loco Says:

I like Amber more without her clothes on..she looks straight white

Listen I aint HW..save that self hate shit…either my chick straight white or akon black..none of that mix shit like ya’ll cats with yall Ameries, and cassies and what not..

dark meat is the cheapest but most tastiest.

white meat be dry but more filling

It’s still all chicken.

3. d_Block_4_Life Says:

Smif-N-Wessun & Pete Rock ft. Styles P & Sean Price – That’s Hard (One Shot)
    This goes

4. el feces loco Says:

Laughing at HIS boys cause you beat them to the pussy >>>>>>>>>>>>>

5. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

gawker.com/5816004/onion-editor-stomped-by-philly-teen-mob

knockout kings hits philly

6. Harlem World Says:

cibulkova >>
    sharapova >>

both these russians could get it…nazi or not

7. JihaD Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 11:26 am
    The Lox kinda won that Vs. 50 shit.

They kept going long after 50 moved on to the next target.

He knew he couldn’t compete with them on that level.

So he turned his attention toward Fat Joe & Cam threw his hat in the ring too.

Kiss & Styles – Ms. Jackson >>>>>>

The Lox were Curtis’ street team, lol. Them niggas worked for free and couldn’t capitalize off beefing with the current #1 rapper in the world.

They helped that nigga sell 1.3 in a short week.

Congratulate them niggas on fighting a battle they had no way of winning.

Shots Fired, tho >>>>>

JihaD

8. Jackson7 Says:

Styles P is fascinated with saying how “hard” niggas are… the same nigga that be calling other niggas “daddy”… same nigga that fights using tissue … the same nigga thats wife look like Delroy Lindo…

am i seeing a pattern here?

9. the absence of heat Says:

been pussy since that sheep skin. 5th grade nigga.

10. JihaD Says:

d_Block_4_Life Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 11:29 am

jihaD

Curtis admitted during that convo he had on the radio with styles he didn’t do that.

And it wasn’t 3 years, it was two, lol.

JihaD

11. el feces loco Says:

b Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 11:23 am

even the nigga feces arguments b hilarious, how he calling out drake for singing nigga lmao

lol I keep computers putin..I don’t have a problem with the bul(c)Jihad..he got me some pussy two weeks ago.

LF:If a chick love Drake are the chances that she’s easy to fuck higher?

You can do whatever to her as long as she get to sing along with Drake while you do it..it happened once to me once..thoughts?

Chime in.

12. d_Block_4_Life Says:

In all fairness, SP broke his leg in that accident with the truck driver. he couldn’t really do shit else…lol

13. el feces loco Says:

Styles once stabbed a nigga in his ass..with a knife, who knows what he woulda done if he was unarmed?

14. the absence of heat Says:

I did a song with ja bigging the city up… you did the magic stick remix wit olivia.

smh.

15. d_Block_4_Life Says:

The Lox >>>>>>>>>

SP >>>>>

Kiss >>>>>>

16. b Says:

Listen I aint HW..save that self hate shit

^shots fired @ my favorite blogger?

17. el feces loco Says:

I respect SP though..he the less hollywood out them niggas..Sheek calmed down now but summers 95 – 05 I think the nigga used to believe his own lyrics.

18. JihaD Says:

el feces loco Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 11:36 am

Didn’t the Lox stab up the Made Men in Boston???

JihaD

19. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

roffs

20. d_Block_4_Life Says:

And it wasn’t 3 years, it was two, lol.
    Well, i still maintain my point that if the album would have came out in the heat of the battle, it would have hit a lot harder.

21. horsechoker Says:

Delroy Lindo?

Nah, right?

22. el feces loco Says:

Listen I aint HW..save that self hate shit

^shots fired @ my favorite blogger?

No shots..I take my black women seriously though..I’m TeamBria, TeamKelly all dat..don’t accuse me of having VEWGIST views.

“Either the bitch black or white” – Michael Jackson

23. d_Block_4_Life Says:

I think it’s time i upload this best of SP i have. Alot of hard time find gems in it. I’ll try to get to it this week.

24. the absence of heat Says:

don’t accuse me of having VEWGIST views.

^ roff, VEWGS tho >>>

25. d_Block_4_Life Says:

of hard time
    hard to find*

26. the absence of heat Says:

d_Block_4_Life Says:

June 28th, 2011 at 11:40 am

^ SP over Alchemist >>>

27. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Suss lol.

Them niggas do stay callin each other Daddy tho. That always disturbs me.

28. d_Block_4_Life Says:

^ SP over Alchemist >>>
    Word

29. el feces loco Says:

Didn’t the Lox stab up the Made Men in Boston???

JihaD

The blade was 3 cm away from Paul Pierce’s heart..lucky clover

Made Men won though..they did some damage to RR, it only seemed like RR won cause Pierce got stabbed and they were the better rappers from NY.

30. b Says:

The emergence of drake kinda killed the lox and similiar artists careers imo.even y a mixtapes gotta have a hit, they finished.

31. Jackson7 Says:

———–

#teamFantasia

#teamTheTeenageGirlOnTheBernieMacShow

32. JihaD Says:

d_Block_4_Life Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 11:38 am

And it wasn’t 3 years, it was two, lol.

Oh, I wasn’t arguing anything– just stating what happened.

All them niggas thought they were gonna blow up beefing with Curtis and didn’t realize they didn’t know how to walk away once they realized they got used.

JihaD

33. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Didn’t the Lox stab up the Made Men in Boston???
    Some shit like that. Benzino’s boys stay poking a nigga up (pause).

My brother told me when he went on the Ruff Ryders/Cash Money tour, Dee had a bookbag full of knives & handed them out to each member of the crew.

34. b Says:

wow george w has passed of an unknown ailment, lifes ill

35. Jackson7 Says:

#teamWilliams

venus or serena… #anyonepickone

36. d_Block_4_Life Says:

JihaD
    Makes me sad.

37. JihaD Says:

b Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 11:42 am
    The emergence of drake Kanye kinda killed the lox and similiar artists careers imo.even y a mixtapes gotta have a hit, they finished.

Fixed for accuracy.

JihaD

38. S.I.C.K Says:

Styles once stabbed a nigga in his ass..with a knife
    was marking his territory perhaps?or seeing if it was tender

@SETH sent

39. Jackson7 Says:

Dee had a bookbag full of knives & handed them out to each member of the crew.

———–

niggas is boy scouts

40. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

All them niggas thought they were gonna blow up beefing with Curtis
    ============================================
    Nah. 50 started the beef. I think they were out to prove that what he did to Ja was NOT gonna happen to them.

41. Slumbilical Says:

Jackson7 Says:

June 28th, 2011 at 11:32 am

am i seeing a pattern here?

OH FUCK lol

42. el feces loco Says:

Ill shit is now because of my Benzino affiliations I fucks with them Made Men niggaz..cool niggaz..much like RR.

I wish niggaz was free sometimes, that slave shit be causing us irreparable harm.

Niggaz beefin cause they from boston and we from ny..stupid shit

RIP GWB

43. LeRoy Green Says:

b Says:

June 28th, 2011 at 10:58 am
    who the fuck is marvin and why doesnt this shit make sense to me?

^^^^^

LOLOL

44. Harlem World Says:

feces always tryna instigate shit,

i dont have time to put people into categories (vewgs tho >>)

you living in the past, puss = puss my baby mothers black, but i guess thats self hate

45. Jackson7 Says:

Ill shit is now because of my Benzino affiliations

————

LOL

46. LeRoy Green Says:

if niggas woulda shot me on grandma stoop

i’da aired sumbody grandma duke

Styles P disses >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

47. ilovemia305 Says:

$WonDough$ >>>>>>>>>

48. el feces loco Says:

Reagan > Poppy Bush > Washington > Clinton >Roosevelt >

LF: I member earlier nahdays I really thought Benzino/Dame was gonna come back on a white horse.

Thats my nigga.

49. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

I got Pete Rock & Smiff & Wessin plus that new Dom Kennedy on deck.

Hip-Hop >>>>>>>>>>

50. S.I.C.K Says:

@b

Stop lying nigga I can`t find anything confirming the devil incarnate has passed.

51. JihaD Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 11:46 am
    All them niggas thought they were gonna blow up beefing with Curtis
    ============================================

One thing has nothing to do with the other. Sheek proclaiming it was their “Millionare season, Daddy!!!” on damn near every diss record he was on let you know that they felt they had an opportunity to become bigger artists beefing with Curtis.

What they didn’t realize was that he was ignore the beehive once he riled it up. Them niggas was dissing Curtis months and years after I Run NY dropped.

And they was STILL right where they started to begin with.

JihaD

52. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Reagan >
    FOH

53. d_Block_4_Life Says:

I got Pete Rock & Smiff & Wessin
    It leaked? Send that over

54. b Says:

June 28th, 2011 at 11:52 am
    @b

^I was talking about GEORGE W smith, he ran for city council out in oakland, u prolly never heard about him.

55. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

And they was STILL right where they started to begin with.

But 50 kinda fell off & even jumped on a Kiss record.

Looks like they won.

56. d_Block_4_Life Says:

but when Checkmate dropped….

57. S.I.C.K Says:

@b

oh you know damn well niggas in the hood would`ve thrown a parade if GWB OR GHWB passed.

58. b Says:

fifty would easily be my in my top 5 if he cared lyrically.This nigga melodies are damn near better than r&b singers and from day one, he could craft a s ong on HIS OWN.tHICKER THAN WATER>>>>.

59. LeRoy Green Says:

plus that new Dom Kennedy on deck.

Hip-Hop >>>>>>>>>>

^^^^^^

Westside With Love 2?? I’ma need you to email me that link

co-sign Monumental. Pete Rock is still that nigga

60. b Says:

how cam told bill oreilly u maaaaddd?

61. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Yo Jorge, I got you dunny.

62. JihaD Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 11:54 am

And they was STILL right where they started to begin with.

But 50 kinda fell off & even jumped on a Kiss record.

Looks like they won.

Curtis wasn’t the on the phone threatening niggas for they publishing back.

Nor is D-Block Records anything more than words on a screen.

Curtis may have fell off, but the Lox haven’t really been on anywhere. They’d KILL for Curtis sold on third or even 4th album

Niggas ain’t no movers and shakers. They street rappers STILL in the streets damn near 15 years later.

JihaD

63. d_Block_4_Life Says:

good looks

64. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Westside With Love 2?? I’ma need you to email me that link

google.com

65. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/06/obama-has-finally-become-dick-cheney/241116/

66. el feces loco Says:

Reagan >
    FOH

Them things was coming in for like 8 my nigga..I wouldnt expect you to understand though..you been working legally since 16.

Ya’ll love this big government shit..Oh Obama pay for my house, please pay for my healthcare, please pay for my school. Socialists.

Back in the day we made a way..government stayed out of it and we became rich, bought houses, record labels, foreign cars, etc.

Then > Now

67. b Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 11:52 am
    I got Pete Rock & Smiff & Wessin plus that new Dom Kennedy on deck.

Hip-Hop >>>>>>>>>>

^amp, I need that dom kennedy, i TAKE BACK EVERY NASTY REMARK ABOUT THAT WONDERFUL AND UNDERRATED BLOG OF YOURS, CAN I LIVE????

68. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

but when Checkmate dropped….

one of my favorite diss tracks, almost every bar was a shot

Jada’s disses are real concise and surgical

69. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Sometimes Respect > Money

And if nothing else, The Lox get the utmost respect. 50 would kill to get the same love in the streets.

Or maybe not. Cause if he did, that S-Curl woulda been outta the question.

70. el feces loco Says:

Oliver North was letting them things go for the low..or a hostage or two..Poppy Bush was a less talented Reagan..reagan had that Hollywood swag, that lie with a straight face swag.

NIggaz was up on Capitol Hill putting pubic hairs in cokes and fucking playmates all willy nilly.

Then > Now

71. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Then > Now
    =============
    Nah.

The rich got richer & the poor starved.

Crack was killing black communities.

That life only sounds good on record.

72. S.I.C.K Says:

Then > Now
    I agree 100% as I`ve gotten older my political views have gotten more conservative.This welfare state has got to end.I want a future for the generation s behind me.

73. b Says:

whats the verdict on dom tape???

74. Deen Says:

Feces be trolling b…

75. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

#swag

76. Harlem World Says:

=============================
    they don’t hear you tho

77. Harlem World Says:

“im just sayiiin, you could do betterrrr”

78. el feces loco Says:

I had the white Sterling..orange seats with white piping..multi colored crack vials littered the curbs gave the hood a colorful ambience.

Music was better, no AIDS, chicks used to have a lil more respect for the black man, vice versa, corrupt cops would let you skate if they pulled you over and all you had was 2 ounces of coke and NO guns.

Then > Now

79. Jackson7 Says:

————–

word… they controlling niggas by making them dependents of the state….

what next?

80. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

I will never discuss politics on Nah again. Dn’t wanna lose what remaining respect I have for certain cats when they spout off dumb shit.

No shots.

*drops into stealth mode*

81. Jackson7 Says:

————

niggas is white b

cops aint never been that cool

82. Troyvul Says:

no AIDS
    Man, 60′s 70′s 80′s musta been great sliding raw up in eerything. Then came the herp, then the Hiv

83. JihaD Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Sometimes Respect > Money

Or maybe not. Cause if he did, that S-Curl woulda been outta the question.

“Money buys dignity, Poverty is a crime”

Only broke niggas say Respect> Money (no shots), and thats cuz its true. You not gonna tell me the Lox wished all that “respect” translated into album sales and a sustainable business for themselves and others.

Cuz if it did, they wouldn’t be thinking about resigning with Puff.

and that S. Curl was for a movie– Curtis treated music like a hustler would- an avenue to get to other money. Jason, David, and Shawn wanna hang out in the local bars.

It is what it is.

JihaD

84. PG-DC Says:

NEW MUSIC – “Executive Monologue”: over some Premo, Alc, and Hi-Tek

tinyurl.com/44bvthy

85. b Says:

el feces loco Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Then > Now

^some brothers would still be virgins if crack never came out (c)big l

86. el feces loco Says:

Then > Now
    =============
    Nah.

The rich got richer & the poor starved.

Crack was killing black communities.

That life only sounds good on record.

Yea..and today the black community is thriving right?

I lived it b..we was picking cotton, but we was picking it together.

87. Jackson7 Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

June 28th, 2011 at 12:08 pm
    I will never discuss politics on Nah again.

—————-

dont discuss music either b…

yesterday you was trying to imply BoysIIMen > Earth Wind & Fire…

im still pissed off bout that

88. Harlem World Says:

Jackson7 Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 12:08 pm

————

niggas is white b

cops aint never been that cool
    ========================
    roffle, cosign

89. el feces loco Says:

————

niggas is white b

cops aint never been that cool

Swear fo god..149th st bridge..coming from St Nick..murder rate was sky high, they wanted them guns..kizzaz laughed at the lil bit of drugs and told us have a nice day.

90. b Says:

dont discuss music either b…

yesterday you was trying to imply BoysIIMen > Earth Wind & Fire…

^if we talkin hitting notes while doing that k ci neck movement thing I have to co sign this.

91. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

“Money buys dignity, Poverty is a crime”

===========================================
    Sure, but not if it means running around with your shirt off doing stripper dances in your videos & throwing shots at cats you have said on record you respect.

Money ain’t everything man. Cause at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is how you treated the ones that mean something to you.

92. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

yesterday you was trying to imply BoysIIMen > Earth Wind & Fire…

Never said that.

Whoever grouped EWF with Jodeci & that ilk is an idiot.

93. b Says:

^woooooo 145st 7th and lenox born and raised, member them hoes at the bronx terminal market?????

94. b Says:

^bullshit, if u left them each a mill it dont matter how u treated them, money talks

95. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

This is real talk.

Niggas would search you & give you your stash back if you came up without any weapons.

I’ve heard plenty of OG’s tell that same story.

96. rex hussla Says:

Whattup land…the new Issue of Waxpoetics has Earth, Wind & Fire on the front cover and Ramsey Lewis on the back cover. I think that issue was crafted for you. I cop that magazine most times even though it’s $10. The Dilla/David Axelrod issue >>>>

97. Harlem World Says:

welfare <<<<

smh at these girls having no control, getting multiple abortions..and then drop out of school to have 3 kids by 3 different men…all expenses paid by Mr & Mrs Taxpayer…smfh

98. el feces loco Says:

roffle, cosign

Aite then, I’ll just say this, there was a time in NY when coke was semi legal, crackheads would form lines that resembled the release of Black Ops 2011 to cop..no one cared about drugs until niggaz started becoming rich off crack and killing each other(to a lesser extent).

NYPD main edict was to get guns off the streets, i used to stand on 125th and roll up White Owls dump the guts on cops shoes..they wanted them guns only at a point.

99. JihaD Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 12:12 pm
    “Money buys dignity, Poverty is a crime”

===========================================

And therein lies the key— all the people Curtis cared about he took care of, and they showed him respect and love.

The Lox didn’t fall into that category. They let themselves get played, b.

And lets not act like the Lox weren’t rocking shiny suits dancing under disco balls with Puff in the background during part of their career.

But it is what it is.

JihaD

100. Jackson7 Says:

——–

whaddup tho… i never even heard of that magazine… ima google it now and see whats up

101. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Yea..and today the black community is thriving right?

I lived it b..we was picking cotton, but we was picking it together.

You sound stupid.

Cats were poisoning the black community & destroying the black family.

Niggas gotta hustle & get it how they live. I understand that. But back then, no one knew the ramifications behind that shit would far outweigh the money, cause only the bosses got rich. Workers got prison or the graveyard or got strung out on their own pack.

102. rex hussla Says:

after going back and playing it…

Think Differently Music Presents: Wu-Tang Meets the Indie Culture >>>>>>

haven’t heard the 2nd one though

103. Jackson7 Says:

*adds to cart*

*daps rex hussla*

104. el feces loco Says:

Do I? What? oh boy..fun times..I was a lil nigga then, taking stolen cars to mecca(harlem)..copping weed from Madison, they had the weed menu right in the window..You member that?

145th chocolate spot..jamaicans on 118..weight spot up by rucker..niggaz was eating lovely.

105. Harlem World Says:

nypd have always been overly aggressive and heavy handed

crime was real bad, but often the cops were just as bad

106. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

And Curtis was rocking wife beaters wit the bra strap & writhing around in videos with Justin Timberlake.

If it was that real, why is 50 jumping on a Kiss song.

50 trying his best to the streets back. Kiss will ALWAYS have the streets.

107. big_seth Says:

That article that E posted >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Obama on some bullshit if he imprisons that man.

108. Deen Says:

Correction: Weekend At Burnies is better than I suggested.

Some shit shouldn’t be done when you’re in a bad mood. My barber kinda messed my shit up this weekend and I was listening to the album right after. I was so pissed that I barely listened.

I’m 8 songs deep on this listen and I’m digging it – besides the long instrumental stretch tacked on to the song with Fiend.

109. rex hussla Says:

I think you would fuck with WaxPoetics pretty heavy…they always feature dope artists. Just do a google image search and you’ll find out quickly what they’re about.

110. LeRoy Green Says:

Knowledge Of Self: A Collection Of Wisdom On The Science Of Everything In Life

This has been a good book thus far.

111. d_Block_4_Life Says:

Styles P’s wife looks like John Salmons

112. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

W@B>>>>>Covert Coup
    Covert has some skippables, still both dope
    #Jets

113. Nah Right » Video: NYPD Shuts Down Smif-N-Wessun & Pete Rock Release Party Says:

[...] Previously: Smif-N-Wessun & Pete Rock ft. Styles P & Sean Price – That’s Hard (One Shot) [...]

114. Nah Right » Video: Smif-N-Wessun & Pete Rock – Monumental Says:

115. Malcom X Says:

This isn’t one shot either