Eminem & Royce Da 5’9 Cover RESPECT

On newsstands June 7th.

80 Responses to “Eminem & Royce Da 5’9 Cover RESPECT”

1. NovemberEnd Says:

It’s a elitist thing you wouldn’t understand

2. Harlem World Says:

detroit in the building

3. rex hussla Says:

Where the fuck do they sell this? I’ve never seen an issue anywhere, I’d probably cop.

Much better than the Source or that Benzino trash mag. XXL might have one dope issue a year.

The Source has Idris Elba on the cover with the top line saying Nate Dogg tribute inside. Put that man on the cover. You gotta be kidding me.

4. Harlem World Says:

im gonna read this one in the store for free

looks interesting

5. Harlem World Says:

rex hussla Says:
    May 31st, 2011 at 4:35 pm

cosign

not bought a hip hop magazine in a long time

6. rex hussla Says:

RIP Tower Records…the GOAT place to get magazines.

Now Borders is dying off SMH

7. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

im gonna read this one in the store for free
    =====================================
    I’ve learned from my days of compulsively buying rap mags.

Barnes & Nobel is better then the library.

8. C. Dufflebags Says:

my Jordans hi-tops snapback fitted cap

9. rex hussla Says:

Tower had all the ill magazines man…

I used to always cop the foreign graffiti mags from France and Germany. Couldn’t read a fucking word but the images were crazy.

no time to do ya hair baby, brothers are bussin at me (zilch)

11. hl Says:

I’m not mad at that Vast/Rae joint. Dope song.

12. SSP Soundz Says:

is that a swastika tat under Royce’s eye ?

little known fact. Wyclef is the bass player in the begining of the dont sweat the technique video

14. LeRoy Green Says:

C. Dufflebags Says:

May 31st, 2011 at 4:40 pm
    my Jordans hi-tops snapback fitted cap

^^^^^6

WOOOOO!

15. hl Says:

cOLD Says:

^For real?

16. rex hussla Says:

When Tower Records died…that was a sad day.

They were always open until midnight, and on Mondays they would do midnight releases. Blunt session at 11, hit the store and look through the vinyl and magazines…then cop something crazy at midnight and listen to it instantly.

We would really think that we were getting the first listen too…hahaaaa. Those were the days. This was before leaks and torrents and all that.

I kinda feel sorry for hip-hop fans who haven’t even peeled off a plastic wrapper and peeped the album artwork and booklet…read the artist shoutouts and production credits.

RIP Tower Records.

*pours out a little promotional poster or album sampler that comes with purchase of new release*

Just when things seemed the same, and the whole scene is lame
    I come and reign with the unexplained for the brains till things change

18. Harlem World Says:

the internet is a gift & curse

19. Deen Says:

little known fact #2. On one of the remixes of Fugeela tacked on to the end of ‘The Score’ as a bonus track, Akon is featured on a brigde.

20. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

I used to work at the Tower Records in lincoln Center.

Pay wasn’t great but it was one of the best experiences of my life. Really eclectic group of co-workers, surrounded by music, movies & video games…plus, I used to kill em on the register.

Good times.

21. Harlem World Says:

buying records used to be a hobby, internet killed that

22. Harlem World Says:

Pay wasn’t great but it was one of the best experiences of my life

im sayin

23. NovemberEnd Says:

any more little known facts?

24. rex hussla Says:

I heard that little Akon feature like a year ago and was tripping out…Akon was in the refugee camp. Pras was doing a local radio interview a couple years back and talked about how Akon could never stay out of trouble with stealing cars and shit to record music with them. Said he knew he was always gonna be a star and they wanted stop fucking around.

25. NovemberEnd Says:

buying records used to be a hobby, internet killed that
    and watered down music contributed I’m guessing

26. rex hussla Says:

Amp…you remember the promo pieces that would be given out with first day purchases? What were some of the illest?

I got a Bow Down shirt for coppin’ Westside Connection’s first album…still had it up until a couple years ago.

27. e aka mac with the cheese Says:

When tower closed down they were practically giving away cds..i bought so much music

28. rex hussla Says:

I still have a huge stash of promo posters and CD’s and shit.

Rawkus used to be the illest…they must have spent a fortune on that shit. I still have multiple poster of a lot of their releases.

29. e aka mac with the cheese Says:

I’m going to go ham buying books at borders

30. big_seth Says:

RIP record stores.

Fuck Best Buy, but thanks best buy for droppin the price of a CD to 10 bucks tops.

31. rex hussla Says:

I kinda collect promo stickers, postcards, posters and album samplers.

The dopest one I have is a Cappadonna sampler for the Pillage that came in a cigarette type of box that opened on the top side. The design is crazy.

32. big_seth Says:

I used to sell all my games at this place called DImple records in Folsom

fuck GameStop

33. big_seth Says:

rex hussla Says:
    May 31st, 2011 at 5:02 pm
    I kinda collect promo stickers, postcards, posters and album samplers.

I wish I had more of this kind of shit.

*slaps self*

34. big_seth Says:

*daps deen*

that article is cool, but I am staunchly against crowd-sourcing. I feel it is killing my industry.

35. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

=========================================
    At Tower, I was in video. Don’t really remember any promo pieces.

36. rex hussla Says:

What’s crowd-sourcing?

37. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

My The RZA Is Bobby Digital In Stereo cassette came in similar packaging.

That was one of the iller album artworks at the time too.

38. e aka mac with the cheese Says:

I’ve made some horrible album purchases though

39. Jayson Werth's beard Says:

south street tower records shut down in like 2005 and the philadelphia record exchange still going strong on 5th and south

40. LeRoy Green Says:

big_seth Says:

May 31st, 2011 at 5:01 pm
    RIP record stores.

^^^^^^

true, I copped BP2 over the wknd for 9.99

saw other classic shit in there for 10 bones like ATLiens, OB4CL and Blueprint 1.

41. rex hussla Says:

# e aka mac with the cheese Says:
    May 31st, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I’ve made some horrible album purchases though

word…like play it once and try to erase that whole day from your memory.

I snapped Eminem’s Encore in half after listening to it once and never considered listening to his music hahahaaaa…

42. big_seth Says:

rex hussla Says:
    May 31st, 2011 at 5:04 pm
    What’s crowd-sourcing?

crowd-sourcing is when a person looking for graphic design work essentially asks a bunch of designers to make a logo. he picks his favorite and only pays for that version, essentially getting free design work. He is also driving down the price by scraping the bottom of the design barrel.

this definition is full of my opinion, but you can look up more insight online. LOL

43. Harlem World Says:

My The RZA Is Bobby Digital In Stereo cassette came in similar packaging.

That was one of the iller album artworks at the time too.

this, it was pretty much batman meets soopafly

44. rex hussla Says:

Immobilarity was a sad buying experience. Depressing.

45. big_seth Says:

rex hussla Says:
    May 31st, 2011 at 5:10 pm
    Immobilarity was a sad buying experience. Depressing.

LOL.

luckily OB4CL2 made up for that fuckery… years later.

46. Deen Says:

*daps deen*

*daps Seth*

Understood. I figured you’d say that, but I thought I’d bring it to your attention anyway.

Dude got some decent work out of his $200.

47. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Immobilarity was a sad buying experience. Depressing.
    ======================================
    My boss at The Wiz threw me the promo copy for free.

I gave it back to him the next day.

“No thank you.”

48. sealsaa Says:

rex hussla Says:

May 31st, 2011 at 5:10 pm
    Immobilarity was a sad buying experience. Depressing.
    ================

ROFL

“Sneakers” was mildly entertaining.

49. LeRoy Green Says:

I’ve made some horrible album purchases though

^^^^^^

bruh…i paid authentic Unites States currensy for Crucial Conflict’s album.

Lookin back I coulda used that 13.99 on somethin else. Like a dime and a couple rillos

50. Harlem World Says:

Immobilarity was a sad buying experience. Depressing

no amazon or streaming existed at the time – so sometimes you had to go on instinct

pacewon was a guess for me, turned out to be a dope album

51. e aka mac with the cheese Says:

I remember being real pissed off at myself after i bought some albums, lol wanted a refund for false advertising

I was also disappointed with bp2 but eventually i grew to appreciate it

52. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

There was a time I was on a heavy Rap-A-Lot kick.

Alot of subpar albums that I convinced myself were dope because I spent hard earned summer youth money on em.

53. 007 Says:

SMH @ nigga smuttin out dat bitch @ da Exxon

WSHH settin Blacks back daily

54. rex hussla Says:

Luckily The Wherehouse used to have a million stores and they let you return music EVEN if you opened it…and you could return multiple times. Of course this meant they went out of business, but it saved my ass numerous times in high school.

Like, returning a Silkk Da Shocker CD and trading it in for Jay-Z’s Reasonable Doubt type of saving my ass

55. big_seth Says:

Deen Says:
    May 31st, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Dude got some decent work out of his $200.

Yea, but you could just hire one designer for that much instead of having all these kids work for free when they don’t get picked.

again, that is just my opinion. I think some of the prices that I give people are hurting the industry as a whole… LOL.

56. rex hussla Says:

I’m forever a Pace Won fan…him and Young Zee opened for Eminem when Hi My Name Is first came out.

They killed it, their show was 10 times doper than Em’s set. He was high out of his mind on E…he kept telling the crowd that he had done E for 20 straight days hahahaaa.

57. Harlem World Says:

promo posters were cool

Roc-tober: Christion – Ghetto Cyrano & Jay-Z – In My Lifetime

coming this october 14th

58. e aka mac with the cheese Says:

A lot of bay area and southern labels put out so much music it was a real hit or miss buying experience

59. JihaD Says:

sealsaa Says:
    May 31st, 2011 at 5:14 pm
    rex hussla Says:

May 31st, 2011 at 5:10 pm
    Immobilarity was a sad buying experience. Depressing.
    ================

ROFL

“Sneakers” was mildly entertaining.

Thats it, tho.

*daps Pete Rock*

That was seriously the biggest let down in music, tho.

JihaD

60. LeRoy Green Says:

I was also disappointed with bp2 but eventually i grew to appreciate it

I was bumpin that all wknd after buyin it again. Just Blaze did his god dam thang on that album

“All Around The World” is 1 of my fav Hova songs ever.

Hovi Baby too

61. big_seth Says:

wow.

that has to be one of the top Hip Hop stories ever. LOL

62. AD Says:

# Harlem World Says:
    May 31st, 2011 at 4:54 pm

buying records used to be a hobby, internet killed that

^^^^^

THIS

I prolly spent at least 2 stacks of my paper route money on used CD’s in HS. Here in Columbus there used to be a ton of used record and DJ spots on OSU campus and I spent mad hours in them spots. Remember skippin to cop Things Fall Apart and Still Standing

63. Harlem World Says:

confession: when i first copped cuban linx i wasnt into it too much- i just kept playing rainy dayz & verbal intercourse – like e mac said “i grew to love it” (ll)

need to give albums time

64. Remixznflow Says:

Chris Bosh 1/2 a bitch, the other 1/2 a bitch too.

#ReyGems

65. LeRoy Green Says:

I bought that Kane & Abel wit no hesitation tho

and that Mac.

66. rex hussla Says:

C-Bo, Mac Mall, Ray Luv, The Click, B-Legit, etc. used to have like 5 crazy dope tracks on their albums so you had to give them a chance.

67. sealsaa Says:

JihaD Says:

May 31st, 2011 at 5:21 pm
    sealsaa Says:
    May 31st, 2011 at 5:14 pm
    rex hussla Says:

May 31st, 2011 at 5:10 pm
    Immobilarity was a sad buying experience. Depressing.
    ================

ROFL

“Sneakers” was mildly entertaining.

Thats it, tho.

*daps Pete Rock*

That was seriously the biggest let down in music, tho.

JihaD

====================

Nah, Lex Diamond story was far worse

68. Harlem World Says:

cuban linx was on cassette too

so i had to rewind verbal intercourse – which took 30 seconds in itself

69. AD Says:

LOL @ horrible album purchases… that 1st boot camp clik album comes to mind

oh yea and that last busta album

70. kevfrescura de talco Says:

yo latoya luckett is gorgeous.

& not on no simp late pass shit.

i rediscovered her beauty on treme. i almost ain recognize her lookin au naturale.

wavy haired caramel breezies>>>

71. Harlem World Says:

no limit albums had like 24/26 tracks on each album

it was value for money if you couldnt decide what to buy

c murder: bossalinie

72. LeRoy Green Says:

*remembers when Napster first came out*

73. 007 Says:

Dis nigga ElZhi is dancin on some of these tracks tho not original and he is def a NAs clone

He still sound dope

“I wouldnt slip on a snowy night”

74. Remixznflow Says:

wavy haired caramel breezies>>>

fam…

75. rex hussla Says:

No Limit was dominating my HS in 97 and 98…the era when they came out with the ugly ass plastic…multi colored CD cases. That’s when they’d have like 55 upcoming releases in the Source LMAO.

They had that Mercedes cover promoted for like 2 years, they knew everybody just wanted to see her bent over and not really buy her music.

76. e aka mac with the cheese Says:

Mac Mall- illegal buisness >>

He made some newborn christian album years later that i regretted purchasin

77. big_seth Says:

FACT!!

78. sealsaa Says:

Tressel’s finally out. College sports is full of fuckery, word to South Park.

79. spirit equality Says:

^ I’ve seen it at Barnes and Noble.

80. spirit equality Says:

He still sound dope

^ 2011 Elzhi >>>>>>> 2011 Nas. Nas can’t even do what Elzhi can do, so how the f**k is Elzhi a clone? Nas never was as advanced with Elzhi with rhyme schemes. Elzhi is more like Nas on steroids. Only thing Nas has on him is catalog and I think Nas’ voice is slightly better.