STS – Bun B for President

STS x 10.Deep’s Fall 2010 Lookbook

Sugar Tongue Slim revisits his southern roots on this homage to Bun B, who he recently crossed paths with in New York.

STS: I’m STS.
Bun B: Yeah, I know, you’re Sugar Tongue Slim.

STS – Bun B for President (prod. J. Cole) | Mediafire

The NR favorite will be performing alongside Pac Div and the homie Von Pea tomorrow night at S.O.B.’s. If you want 2 tickets to the show, hit me right now on Twitter. If you don’t have an account, I apologize.

Flyer after the jump.

Thanks to Kozza.

51 Responses to “STS – Bun B for President”

1. Beezy Says:

The NR favorite

^?????

2. JihaD Says:

The NR favorite

Wait, what?

JihaD

# Beezy Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 1:56 pm

so an 18yr old deciding between going to college or starting his own business

should already have a home or land on deck for collateral, sparkling credit, and a willing lender lined up?

where is the logic in this convo?

^ You missing the point bro. An 18-year-old CAN get a loan via SBA (which would be his/her best bet because they’re so young) and fund his/her venture WITHOUT the need for college. And the best part about SBA programs is that they teach you how to write a business plan, which type of loans are available, how to prevent unnecessary debt, etc. But the point is, EVERYBODY isn’t built for it. Just because it’s available doesn’t mean it’s for YOU. Some people have it in ‘em, most don’t. But that doesn’t make you less of a person or MORE of a person. It just means you need to do what works best for your career and financial goals.

4. hl Says:

STS: I’m STS.
    Bun B: Yeah, I know, you’re Sugar Tongue Slim.

^Ayo x1000000

5. Big_seth Says:

*DEAD* @ NR Favorite.

Mos Def KILLED this Ye beat.

*Listens again*

*prays to Allah that he signed with GOOD*

6. mcb Says:

im saying @18 years old

most people dont know how to runa successful business,
    but hey i support it, but to be safe, get investors/partners

then holla at me, ill take care of the accounting/tax.

7. nation Says:

LOL… not NR comments, obviously

but he had what was easily one of the best songs of the year, IMO

8. dos equis Says:

you aint smarter than me unless you’ve figured out how to live forever.

9. Tong Po Flo Says:

Bun B: Yeah, I know, you’re Sugar Tongue

^ ewwww

10. Beezy Says:

mcb Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:09 pm

then holla at me, ill take care of the accounting/tax.

^sounds like a one-way ticket to prison…

mcb Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:09 pm

im saying @18 years old

most people dont know how to runa successful business,

^ If you can successfully sell crack, you can successfully run a business. Stereotypes be damn.

12. Tong Po Flo Says:

you aint smarter than me unless you’ve figured out how to live forever.

^ go to heaven or hell?

13. hl Says:

JihaD Says:
    February 26th, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Sugar Tongue Slim… for real son?

That nigga’s life is an Ayo, No Homo and a Pause in rotation… WTF was he thinking?

JihaD

—-

*tearz*

14. Big_seth Says:

I always enjoy what Billz has to say on these subjects, and I’ll reiterate again that I KNOW i would have failed if I tried to do what I do now without College. Some people need it, but some people really don’t.

I agree with the point (i think) your trying to make that there are many people who have the ability and drive to skip college, but don’t out of routine/tradition/fear or whatever you wanna call it.

15. Big_seth Says:

*DLs song on Nate’s co-sign*

You have one chance Nate, if he don’t kill that song I will never trust your judgment again. LOL

16. JihaD Says:

hl Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:12 pm
    JihaD Says:
    February 26th, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Sugar Tongue Slim… for real son?

JihaD

—-

*tearz*

*forgot i made comment*
    *real tearz form in both eyes*

JihaD

17. DC (District of Chase) Says:

^This. If you can successfully run a drug operation, from copping, to cooking to distribution, to sales, to follow up on your staff, to collecting unpaids debts, to re-up, to managing take-overs of competitive territories, to negotiating with law enforcement to turn a blind eye, to having legal counsel in place for the eventual run-ins with the law, then you have the foundation of any fortune 500 company and the political know-how of most world powers.

I had this discussion with my wife the other morning after hearing about North and South Korea’s bickering over destroyed war ships. Reminded me of day to day drug transactions in the hood

18. CiCi The Intern Says:

Pac Div!

^ Exactly. Like I said, I did it for mi familia. Oh, and to get one-up on Black women who already have a degree so they can’t use it as an excuse when I meet ‘em.

20. Rey Says:

I was kinda surprised I didn’t catch more ether off that song I posted. Nahggers either didn’t bother at all, or they’re being nice…

…or waiting until ether friday.

21. Big_seth Says:

And add to that a lot of these young D-Boys have charisma.

I mean half of running a business is selling yourself and bumpin elbows with others.

#

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Pac Div!

^ They was in B’more last night @ Sonar.

23. dos equis Says:

lol @ Cam…all that spittle nigga be brave and go brush ya teef

24. mcb Says:

D. Billz Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 2:10 pm
    mcb Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:09 pm

im saying @18 years old

most people dont know how to runa successful business,

oh absolutely
    except how often does that successful business run for, and how many are alive/not in jail after a couple years.
    maybe a majority just leave, and with some money, but for how long will tha tlast.

so if ur idea at 18 is to doa short run successful business, then yeah but if u plan on caking off that one thing… nah, you might but the odds are NOT in your favor.

but hey, dream the dream, im just ana ccountant.

25. Troyvul Says:

I used to do Forman numbers on the strength of purple

26. CiCi The Intern Says:

Ha!

As a chick that doesn’t have her degree, I giggle at the thought of this.

27. Heroin Headliner Says:

Obama, if the kids mirror you/we’ll all push MAYBACH’s with the silver hue…..

#RAWSEdiamonds

28. Mr.Londoner Says:

Sugar Tongue > Sugar Lips

29. mcb Says:

Big_seth Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 2:19 pm
    And add to that a lot of these young D-Boys have charisma.

being smart sociall/being able to (pardon the term) shmooze and being a good salesman, are essential and can bring a lot of success
    im ok with the first, but im not a great salesman, more of a “here are the facts, ” kinda person.

30. hl Says:

Rey said:

^link?

31. RIGZ Says:

# Heroin Headliner Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Obama, if the kids mirror you/we’ll all push MAYBACH’s with the silver hue…..

#RAWSEdiamonds

*DEAD*

Ross ghostwriting for Nas now…?

cOLD..? Dat chu..?

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Ha!

As a chick that doesn’t have her degree, I giggle at the thought of this.

^ Tell me Black women don’t be using that as a crutch in their “aint no good Black men out here” argument. Ol’ bougie ass heffas. There’s actually a Black chick from L.A. (based in DC, of COURSE aka bougie Black broad central) writing a book about it and somebody has picked it up for a movie. Great. More Blake male bashing FTL.

33. mcb Says:

yeah when/if *gives look for narcs* I ever sold herb, or helped someone,
    it would have/was no problem. plus i would never be funny with the weight.

“This shit sell itself”-Clipse

34. Rey Says:

# hl Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Rey said:

^link?

usershare.net/dwyq3tn6cufu

It won’t play from the page, you’ll have to d/l it.

mcb Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:19 pm

D. Billz Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 2:10 pm
    mcb Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:09 pm

im saying @18 years old

most people dont know how to runa successful business,

oh absolutely

^But your forget that REAL hustlers never have just one business chief. Most loans are just for start-up business. Start, expand, open another, repeat.

36. Jersey*made*me Says:

stank hoe

37. CiCi The Intern Says:

D. Billz Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 2:19 pm
    #

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Pac Div!

^ They was in B’more last night @ Sonar.

Are you fucking serious?!

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Gibbs is in Pittsburgh this weekend, probably won’t be able to make that. This sucks balls.

38. hl Says:

college > selling crack

39. DC (District of Chase) Says:

a Black chick from L.A. (based in DC, of COURSE aka bougie Black broad central)

^Since moving out here, I question why women move here, fully well knowing that men are outnumbered here by I believe 3 to 1 odds, and then bitch about not being able to find a good man?

If I have the choice between at least three different women, all the time, at the first sight of any bullshit from one, she’s being replaced. And because there are so many women on the bench waiting to get in the game, they fill that void willingly.

Black men in DC have the upper hand when it comes to the dating scene.

But i’m married, so I can only go by what I hear/see

40. Deen Says:

Sugar Twat Suspect

41. mcb Says:

@Dbillz

we are def on the same page. I think if a successful person can help structure/show the way for the youngin, he would make off better int hat situation. i know at 18, i was very short term, but yeah i say use the money fromt he 1st successful venture, invest ina nother one….

then own the world.
    and let me do them taxes

42. mcb Says:

hl Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 2:27 pm
    college > selling crack
    ahh but what about selling weed @ college.

wish i could go back… not worth it now.

43. CiCi The Intern Says:

Some of us do. I regret that.

There are a lot a good Black men out here. One made me.

44. Heroin Headliner Says:

*DEAD*
    Ross ghostwriting for Nas now…?
    ——-
    in an interview nas admitted RAWSE wrote all the verses on Usual Suspects…..

45. baby jesus Says:

selling weed @ college is a helluva hustle. shit is a goldmine

46. Troyvul Says:

selling weed @ college is a helluva hustle. shit is a goldmine
    it really is though, now imagine “white”

# DC (District of Chase) Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 2:29 pm

a Black chick from L.A. (based in DC, of COURSE aka bougie Black broad central)

Black men in DC have the upper hand when it comes to the dating scene.

But i’m married, so I can only go by what I hear/see

^ My sentiments EXACTLY. All them Howard/Georgetown/GWU heffas STAY complaining. But, there’s also a lot of interracial dating in DC too so I guess that’s the new come-up. Most don’t go back to their respective hometowns because aint SHIT jumpin’ off there. Especially if they’re from the Midwest or the South. So most just stay and put up with the bullshit. I swear, if it I was the type of dude that felt like dressing up (like I used to during my club days) I’d be in the game. But I really don’t mess with DC women like that (the implants NOR the natives).

48. Tong Po Flo Says:

selling weed @ college is a helluva hustle. shit is a goldmine

^ Same with high school (no beezy)

49. Deen Says:

in an interview nas admitted RAWSE wrote all the verses on Usual Suspects…..

Link or kill yaself…

50. RIGZ Says:

in an interview nas admitted RAWSE wrote all the verses on Usual Suspects…..

Word, I seen that too..

51. Nah Right » Video: STS Brings Out Black Thought & Truck North @ S.O.B.’s Says:

[...] Previously: STS – Bun B for President Freestyle [...]