John Legend & The Roots – Wake Up! Tracklist

perform3

Due out September 21st. Read the press release here.

1. Compared to What
2. Hard Times
3. Little Ghetto Boy
4. Wake Up Everybody feat. Common and Melanie Fiona
5. Our Generation
6. Love the Way It Should Be
7. Hang On in There
8. I Can’t Write Left Handed
9. Wholy Holy
10. I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free
11. Shine

Props to Rap-Up

39 Responses to “John Legend & The Roots – Wake Up! Tracklist”

1. Beezy Says:

you built it ground up….I bought it renovated

2. LaneKiffin*CainSniffin*LaneSwitchin* Says:

*late pass*

whoever was on here sayin that new Big Boi is nice was dead on. That shit was jammin all the way thru, he still on that old Outkast funky shit and he did it proper (II).

And #6 – “General Patton” is fuckin CRACK. Some real anthem/takeover type shit

3. Harlem World Says:

AllHipHop.com: AllHipHop needs your Top 5 Dead or Alive. Can you talk about your influences of your music?

Drake: I would say…. I won’t say rappers…. Leonardo DiCaprio…

AllHipHop.com: Wait, wait, wait, they are typically rappers, but you can say whoever you want. Lupe Fiasco went way off course and it was all good. But can you tell us why Leonardo?

LEONARDO DICAPRIO

Drake: I like the way he [Leonardo DiCaprio] carries himself and how much he lives his work. That is something that I hope to accomplish. I don’t think I live my work. I don’t think that I prep enough for my music like someone like Kanye West, his work ethic is so crazy. He studies it, he sleeps it, he breathes it. When he’s making an album, there is no distraction, no clubs, there might be some for the most part, but its really intense, and his work ethic I hope to achieve someday.

**blank stare**

4. Rey Says:

Joe 88 Says:
    July 12th, 2010 at 9:41 am

Pfff… Talent levels are similar, LAL gets the advantage because of Kobe, and the fact that Wade/Bosh/LBJ’s heart pumps kool-aid.

^You don’t honestly believe that? Wade has one of the biggest hearts in the NBA, The 2006 finals is proof of that. James & Bosh, I won’t speak on, but wade won a chip with a 70 y/o gary payton in the starting line up. That’s proof enough he has heart

With how fucked up the refs were during that series, how you gonna bring up the ‘06 title? Wade had a ton of help that year, and hasn’t been OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND since. You tellin’ me Kobe can’t check him, Artest can’t get in LeBitch’s head, and Pau won’t dominate Chris Bosh?

Please.

5. Harlem World Says:

My Top 5:

Josh Hartnett
    Taylor Lautner
    Zac Efron
    Gabby Sidibe
    Pac

6. Joe 88 Says:

>All humans are basically free agents looking to switch teams at a moments notice.

^Zales

7. Rey Says:

# Harlem World Says:
    July 12th, 2010 at 9:52 am

My Top 5:

Josh Hartnett
    Taylor Lautner
    Zac Efron
    Gabby Sidibe
    Pac

LOL… I wonder if Leonardo DiCaprio’s favorite actor is KRS-1…

8. Bigspitgame Says:

Drake: I like the way he [Leonardo DiCaprio] carries himself
    Ghey

9. Jersey*made*me Says:

@456

I don’t think you understand.I was starry eyed like a little school girl at a Trey Songz concert. I think she sensed my weakness though. I did muster up enough g to tell her that her pops is my father-in-law. That drew a chuckle,but I didn’t crack for the digits.FML.

10. Chief Ali Says:

———–
    lol! word….u won.

12. LaneKiffin*CainSniffin*LaneSwitchin* Says:

Please.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS.
    why everybody act like its a guranteed chip’ anyway? The Heat look good (II) on paper but they gotta play all 82 games out and beat the best of the best (ORL, BOS, LAL). Defenses gonna zone em up all year. Aint nothin promised 2 them niggas

13. Shooter Says:

lol k

14. CRAZY_Clark_W_Griswold_The88th Says:

———————————–Shout Out Messy Jesse Jackson
    ________________________________________Gilbert is a Racist.

15. G7 Says:

>>you built it ground up….I bought it renovated

16. G7 Says:

lol

17. 456 Says:

# 456 Says:
    July 12th, 2010 at 9:57 am

No, that would be the entire “Slow Motion”. Juvie kill’t that bamma shit.

^juve is now just hoping that a drake fan picks up beast mode by accident.
    # 456 Says:
    July 12th, 2010 at 10:01 am

^i was in mali like a year ago so i’m already knowing. i flew through senegal and the girl at the airport that arranged car service was the top 3 finest chick i ever seen in my life. she was fucking perfection.
    i keep telling niggas, african women>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

18. Jersey*made*me Says:

———————————–Shout Out Messy Jesse Jackson
    ________________________________________Gilbert is a Racist.

Them krackers on espn comments was going IN last night on black people. The irony is they had the nerve to be calling Jesse racist,smh

19. Joe 88 Says:

^Let’s see, 3 superstars all in there respective primes playing on the same team? Who is gonna stop them? Lebron james is a walking triple double, Wade 25pts 7ast 5rebs, bosh 20+pts 10 rebs, smfh. You niggas can doubt if you want, but it’s obvious to see that these niggas are easily going to the ECF.

They said the same thing about boston 3 years ago too, and they took it in there first year, if the heat don’t win it all this season (which they will) they will definently win it next season. And when pat riley comes from the big office to the bench and coach, it’s a reynolds wrap. lmao.

20. Rey Says:

# Jersey*made*me Says:
    July 12th, 2010 at 10:05 am

———————————–Shout Out Messy Jesse Jackson
    ________________________________________Gilbert is a Racist.

What’d I miss?

21. Joe 88 Says:

The irony is they had the nerve to be calling Jesse racist,smh

^But he is racist.

22. 456 Says:

massa gilbert seh ‘bron poseta stay on dis plantation

23. ghost writer Says:

Whoa, this album is a must hear…John Legend is running this r-n-b shit right now

24. Jersey*made*me Says:

i keep telling niggas, african women>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh,O.K. you can relate then. All I can say is wow.Shorty had perfect skin,teeth,body,everything. I used to be as strong as Ripple b,til shorty smile crippled me,lol.

25. 456 Says:

i missed it. what did jesse say?

26. Jersey*made*me Says:

^But he is racist.

How so?

27. Rey Says:

# Joe 88 Says:
    July 12th, 2010 at 10:07 am

First of all, your level of glee over this is sickening, front runner lookin’ ass (no)..

Second of all, BOS was a VETERAN team that still got checked left and right, but had the heart and poise to deal with it.

Yes, they’re in their prime, but collectively, which one of them knows how to win ANYTHING? I mean, aside from having 26 fouls called on their opponents…in the 4th quarter alone?

28. Bigspitgame Says:

I’m enjoying Ross music but did this nigga really say “talking plenty capers, nothings been authenticated”? Is he allowed?

29. Jersey*made*me Says:

456 Says:

July 12th, 2010 at 10:10 am
    i missed it. what did jesse say?
    He was right.

sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266

30. 456 Says:

oh just read it. jesse is exactly right. and there was nothing racist about his statement.

31. Jersey*made*me Says:

jlr1523 (7/12/2010 at 10:10 AM) Report Violation Jesse Jackson is one goofy negro.

they still shootin,smh

32. Big_seth Says:

@ Rey

Wade is a winner… but them other niggas stay losing.

I don’t think many teams will be able to stop them, but there are a few teams in the east and west that are gonna check them dudes. They might even make it to the finals, but they won’t win… unless its fixed. LOL

33. A Chick Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:

July 12th, 2010 at 10:12 am
    456 Says:

July 12th, 2010 at 10:10 am
    i missed it. what did jesse say?
    He was right.

sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266
    ————-
    FINALLY! I’m glad someone said it.

34. Rey Says:

# Big_seth Says:
    July 12th, 2010 at 10:15 am

@ Rey

Wade is a winner… but them other niggas stay losing.

Stern wouldn’t fix that. I mean, he might, in terms of “This is the new NBA, say goodbye to the Duncan-Garnett-Kobe era”, but after all of LBJ’s bullshit, I bet maaad people are turned off from the league–it’d be stupid to fenagle things for MIA to win straight away. They could be a dynasty, but no one would respect it and interest in the NBA would just plain drop.

Wade’s only win is mired in controversy.

35. LaneKiffin*CainSniffin*LaneSwitchin* Says:

Who is gonna stop them?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    L.A.

Niggas is still too tall man (II). MIA better add a shot blocker somewhere on that roster, cuz Bosh aint stoppin Gasol or Bynum

36. Jersey*made*me Says:

TradinPaint999 (7/11/2010 at 10:03 PM) Report Violation The most cro-magnon looking basketball players in the last 20 years:
    1. Patrick Ewing.
    2. Greg Oden
    3. Ewing + Oden = Lebron

What…no Robert Parrish?

37. Rey Says:

I kind of agree with Jesse there. LBJ honored his contract and left. He could’ve pulled a Jason Kidd, T-Mac, or Vince Carter and forced his way out after the ’08 season. He didn’t.

(he’s still LeBitch tho’)

38. Jasmine Says:

This is going to be awesome! Does it get any better than The Roots and John Legend!? I just found out via (http://bit.ly/96GGWe) and am anticipating this one big time. The Roots Picnic this year was amazing and I can only imagine this will be the same for their collaboration.

39. Nah Right » John Legend & The Roots – Wake Up (Artwork) Says: