Video: 60 Secs. from Gasface’s New York Minute

Gasface’s New York Minute will be an 8-part mini-series debuting on September 22nd. It will chronicle the fast life of superstars and super ordinary people from the rap world. Featuring Method Man, N.O.R.E., Joell Ortiz and more.

Previously: Rakim/EPMD Had Their Masters Held Hostage (Video)

112 Responses to “Video: 60 Secs. from Gasface’s New York Minute

1. 456 Says:

It was going alright. Then I read about Peedi and the rest of those knuckleheads actually receiving 800 grand (!) and then (non suprisingly) blowing it. And to be honest, now I’m a little depressed.

They got 800 stacks??

^link pls

2. b-ease Says:

*blank stare* Whaaaat?? Roffle.

3. hl Says:

I didn’t even realize Peedi never dropped the Camel Hunting Season mixtape.

4. b-ease Says:

I didn’t even realize Peedi never dropped the Camel Hunting Season mixtape.

Peedi may be dumb, but that nigga’s not stupid.

5. Fresh Huxtable Says:

For 800 stacks, I could deliver 5 or 6 albums, seriously. More, really.

6. D_Block_4_Life Says:

No way that was a Blu song in the last post…say it ain’t so..

7. illuminati by nature Says:

I got thru like 10 seconds of the new Blu, before I had to take off the earphones and regain my composure (none)…laughing out loud, by yourself in the cubicle on a quiet friday afternoon is not the business…

8. the-xfacta Says:

*Daps D-Block*

9. hl Says:

I didn’t even realize Peedi never dropped the Camel Hunting Season mixtape.

Peedi may be dumb, but that nigga’s not stupid.

Nah he’s probably just lazy. What did he have to lose by dropping that. He was already going in on Jay (nh).

10. SeniorCivilian Says:

Yo Nahright I need your help. I need to know who else sampled the drums that are on the Common song Watermelon off of Resurrection (I tried to link it but it said awaiting moderation, look it up) I know I’ve heard them before but I can remember where and it’s driving me crazy. I wanna say the other song is by Nas but I’m not 100% sure.

11. D_Block_4_Life Says:

For 800 stacks, I could deliver 5 or 6 albums, seriously. More, really.
    Just another vindication for Hov. First it was Beans incidentally ethering Dame and now Peedi.

12. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Daps x

13. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Really, with 800k, I’d just pay off the mortgage, build a legit home studio, and still give you multiple albums.

14. illuminati by nature Says:

Sha Money XL has been appointed the role of senior VP of A&R at Def Jam Records. The executive expressed his excitement at being a part of the changes at Def Jam, an iconic label founded by Russell Simmons and Rick Rubin. “It’s a true blessing to be part of this amazing team of professionals with a roster of the dopest artist in the industry,” Sha Money told AllHipHop.com exclusively. “I have a complete focus to elevate the industry and feed the future with new artists and producers. Bring some true excitement back.” Furthermore, Sha Money, who used to be president of G-Unit Records, said that Def Jam chairman L.A. Reid has faith in him to deliver. “L.A. Reid believed in my capabilities to make and identify hits and Brand Def Jam for what we know it as,” he continued

15. SeniorCivilian Says:

Nevermind guys, I realized I was thinking of I Got a Story to Tell by Biggie. The drums are similar but I don’t think they’re the same.

16. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

I didn’t even realize Peedi never dropped the Camel Hunting Season mixtape.

Peedi may be dumb, but that nigga’s not stupid.

Nah he’s probably just lazy.
    ===========================
    The nigga got booked and went to jail. But that tape was never gonna come out. At least not with that title.

I wonder if he’s still on Amalgam.

17. illuminati by nature Says:

Watermelon” 2:39 Common No I.D. Contains sample from “Watermelon Man” as performed by Johnnie Taylor
    Contains sample from “Sweet Inspiration” as performed by King Curtis
    Contains sample from “Get Out of My Life, Woman” as performed by The New Apocalypse
    Contains sample from “Just Rhymin’ Wit Biz” as performed by Big Daddy Kane
    Contains sample from “Just to Get A Rep” as performed by Gang Starr

18. JDS just looks at her, looks at her... Says:

yo when i really think of it in the context of what i could do with 800K, and that these dudes were laid up in a hotel, fuckin’ around that shit is really really depressing.

wow

19. the-xfacta Says:

illuminati by nature Says:

April 30th, 2010 at 2:15 pm

—-

Def Jam has rappers on their label?

20. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Seriously, I think when my album finally comes out, the whole budget, including all the equipment I bought, would be less than $2000. And that includes my computer, mics, software, everything.

Record labels won’t learn, though.

21. b-ease Says:

I’m sayin.

22. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

DMX was right about LA Reid

what can a man who wear lip gloss and chinese robes tell u bout hip hop

23. hl Says:

So was it 800k for the whole state prop? That’s really not that much if so. Still not an excuse to waste it on stuff they couldn’t afford.

24. b-ease Says:

Record labels won’t learn, though.

And even if they did, its too late.

25. the-xfacta Says:

Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

April 30th, 2010 at 2:20 pm
    DMX was right about LA Reid

what can a man who wear lip gloss and chinese robes tell u bout hip hop

*Waits on Rey to respond*

26. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

Dame was wildin letting these project niggas have access to a black card lol.

27. illuminati by nature Says:

@ JDS- this is even worse than Peedi’s antics, by far:

I have seen a lot of ignorant things in my life, but this one may have found itself at the top! Rappers Jon Geezy & Parlae decided to show everyone in the world that they had money to blow by not only burning $100,000, but also putting it on youtube for the whole world to see.

Not only is this HIGHLY ILLEGAL, but it might also be the dumbest thing anyone has ever done with $100-thousand dollars. Don’t you have kids you can send to college, or maybe buy your mom a new car or a house for that matter?

Parlae, who is a rapper from the 2 hit wonder group “Dem Franchize Boyz,” should definitely have something better to do with that money, I didn’t even know “Lean Wit it Rock It” sold like that! And didn’t those checks have to be split 4 ways. SMH.

hiphopwired.com/2010/04/29/fail-of-the-century-rappers-burn-100-thousand-dollars-to-prove-its-nothing-to-them/

28. abortatron Says:

illuminati by nature Says:

April 30th, 2010 at 2:15 pm

—-

lol^

29. Fresh Huxtable Says:

I mean, if he was just a little smart, he would have opened up a car wash or barbershop or something. He probably has nothing to show for that money besides some Rocawear and some memories. I would be done with you, too, if you wasted that.

30. Harlem World Says:

# Fresh Huxtable Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Really, with 800k, I’d just pay off the mortgage, build a legit home studio, and still give you multiples

ayooo

31. Dewill Says:

Niggas too busy stuntin for these ladies and other nigs to think bout future..

32. Harlem World Says:

expect to see g-unit on def jam soon

33. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

How much money does it take to record an album?

After all the money Crakk spent, he shoulda at least had a album to show for it.

34. Beezy Says:

Young Chris kinda does his thing on that track…until he starts singing on the hook.

SMH @ all these niggas thinkin’ they Brian Ennals

35. hl Says:

*dead*

36. Harlem World Says:

So now they got Akons brother and sha money xl…these brothers now how to cake up

bye bye la reid

37. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

SMH @ all these niggas thinkin’ they Brian Ennals
    =====================================
    LOL

Bease got some joints on his mixtape though. I was ready to clown him for crooning, but he actually pulled it off.

38. Fresh Huxtable Says:

If that was real money they burned…

39. Beezy Says:

eminem should’ve had Akon sing the hook on his new joint….that song would’ve been stupid fire then

40. hl Says:

I’ve always liked Peedi features with the Roots.

41. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

Peedi has shit to show from the Dynasty days…..he had a hand-me down chain which beans probably took back and pawned

and the rest of the members are selling crack on broad st

42. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

expect to see g-unit on def jam soon
    =============================
    Banks already said that if he saw Ross in the building it would be a problem.

IDJ offices = the new Hot97

If I don’t hear about somebody getting shot, stabbed or knuckled down, I’m calling shenanigans.

43. SeniorCivilian Says:

# illuminati by nature Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 2:22 pm

@ JDS- this is even worse than Peedi’s antics, by far:

^Dem Franchize Boyz clearly aren’t boys scouts. How many tries should it take to set money on fire when you have lighter fluid.

44. Harlem World Says:

Sign vado to def jam

lets do this..lets get money together

45. hl Says:

Banks already said that if he saw Ross in the building it would be a problem.

I don’t believe him.

46. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

and the rest of the members are selling crack on broad st
    ============================================
    That’s what they get for siding with the Camel.

If Dame was still running the Roc, Peedie & Chris would’ve been released their solo’s.

It’s in a labels best interest to put out their artists projects.

But clearly Jay didn’t really give a shit about the label or it’s artists.

47. Harlem World Says:

so khaled must be on his way out too..

about fucking time..ol blackballing, scheming ayrab

every project flops with him

48. JDS just looks at her, looks at her... Says:

@ JDS- this is even worse than Peedi’s antics, by far:

are dudes serious??

there’s nothing i can say in response to this.

i mean, after i graduate and get my license, i can work my ass off to help design buildings worth millions of dollars, and will probably still be getting my pockets ran between student loans and rent or mortgage…

these bums make 2 songs [from 4 years ago] and can literally burn twice my starting salary. i mean, can these dudes even do shows anymore?

the game is all fucked up. SMH

49. ThatMan Says:

Isn’t it Jay Electronica’s WORLD PREMIERE day?

He’s going to premiere a 30 sec snippet of one song on ACT II, lol.

50. Beezy Says:

Oschino Vasquez >>>

51. Beezy Says:

ThatMan Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Isn’t it Jay Electronica’s WORLD PREMIERE day?

He’s going to premiere a 30 sec snippet of one song on ACT II, lol.

^you mad late

52. Dewill Says:

We call b-ease Peabo Bryson on twitter..lol

53. Harlem World Says:

i dont wale with them new niggas

54. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Maybe Banks can fight, but he’s giving away like 140 pounds or more to Ross. In a fair one, I don’t see it happening.

55. Harlem World Says:

peabo bryson >>>>

56. Harlem World Says:

could you imagine rawse snuffing banks..that shit would be too funny for tv

57. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

The nigga Peedie said he did the whole album in two weeks.

I want that shit to leak just so I can hear what came out of those weed/alcohol fueled sessions.

58. hl Says:

Losing a fair one to Ross would definately be career ether. Ross could probably take a beat down and rap his way out of it.

59. Dewill Says:

Don’t mean Ross can fight tho… If u stay away from a big dude and just jab to sleep.. u good.. but more than likely crews will be fighting not Banks and Ross..

60. Beezy Says:

Ross would swing once or twice and have an asthma attack…then his goons woul DJ Vlad the shit outta Banks

61. JDS just looks at her, looks at her... Says:

Banks already said that if he saw Ross in the building it would be a problem.

I don’t believe him.

_

word. he’ll know better once he hears the consequences for violent conduct in the office ethics meeting.

right, Beezy?

62. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

I wanna see Banks versus Noseplay.

That would be a fair matchup.

63. b Says:

is 100 dollars a good price for threesome?dont know what the going rate of poon is these days.

64. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Harlem World
    0 mins ago
    could you imagine rawse snuffing banks..that shit would be too funny for tv
    yeah, actually. I can imagine it.

Curtis vs William would be a better fight.

65. Beezy Says:

right, Beezy?

^I hate when the chick conducting the sexual harrassment portion has giant tits that you can’t help but stare at….then on top of it all she wearing a low cut shirt

66. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

wasn’t ross a football player in his younger days?

67. JDS just looks at her, looks at her... Says:

free?

68. Beezy Says:

Rawse was captain of his high school eating team

69. the-xfacta Says:

b Says:

April 30th, 2010 at 2:37 pm

So those other two dudes are making you pay to be with them?

70. the-xfacta Says:

Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

April 30th, 2010 at 2:39 pm
    wasn’t ross a football player in his younger days?

No he was a Corrections officer

71. b-ease Says:

wasn’t ross a football player in his younger days?

Yep, not to mention he was professionally trained to subdue (ll) aggy niggas just like Banks as part of his correctional employment. No way Banks gets the drop on Ross in any scenario.

72. b Says:

JDS just looks at her, looks at her… Says:

April 30th, 2010 at 2:40 pm

free?

^^^ does that mean no ?

73. Fresh Huxtable Says:

no doubt, I made similar analysis of the Eskay/Amp matchup. But I just don’t think Banks has the handskills nor the stopping power. Also, a big part of beings successful fighter is not only about what you can dish, but how well you caN withstand punches yourself. Banks doesn’t look built to withstand damage. Ross looks like he can absorb a lot. Plus, you know he had some hand to hand training as a CO, in terms of disarming or incapacitating a prisoner. This one still goes to Ross.

74. Slow Ur Roll, Know Ur Roll Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

April 30th, 2010 at 2:18 pm
    I didn’t even realize Peedi never dropped the Camel Hunting Season mixtape.

Peedi may be dumb, but that nigga’s not stupid.

Nah he’s probably just lazy.
    ===========================

I wonder if he’s still on Amalgam.

^^^^^^ Still on Amalgam

75. Beezy Says:

i heard eskay ’bout to sell Nah and start a weight loss blog now that he dropped 40lbs

76. JDS just looks at her, looks at her... Says:

lol @ the ringside breakdown

77. b Says:

the-xfacta Says:

April 30th, 2010 at 2:41 pm
    b Says:

April 30th, 2010 at 2:37 pm

So those other two dudes are making you pay to be with them?

^^^homie,bozo ,crusty

78. Beezy Says:

This one still goes to Ross.

^ayo

79. hl Says:

lol…Yeah, its hard to believe Ross could have been a CO without having to put a few niggas in a headlock (nhjic). Yayo i way more likely to confront Ross if anybody though.

80. Beezy Says:

Banks doesn’t look built

^also ayo

81. the-xfacta Says:

hl Says:

April 30th, 2010 at 2:46 pm

No Doubt! YaYo will go Ricky Retardo on that nigga!

82. Beezy Says:

Ross looks like he can absorb a lot

^need I go any further?

83. b Says:

Famous shrimps>>>>>>>>>

84. Troyvul Says:

Harlem World Says:

April 30th, 2010 at 2:28 pm
    Sign vado to def jam

lets do this..lets get money together
    Does this guy have a solo MIXTAPE?

85. Harlem World Says:

rawse a fat dude..a couple punches and he’d be out of breath

banks got a big jaw to aim at tho (nhjic)

86. Fresh Huxtable Says:

see, Yayo would have a better chance. I think he can withstand shots a little better, is stronger than Banks, and almost certainly has more
    fighting experience. That could actually be a
    compelling matchup.

87. Harlem World Says:

Does this guy have a solo MIXTAPE?

no..but juelz has never had a solo tape either

vado >>>

88. ViolenceInSilence Says:

Yall sleepin’ on Banks like he’s Kevin Hart size or some shit.
    The niggas 6′-something and put the fuckin stomp-work on that manager in Canada that wasn’t trying to pay up.
    Given, Rawse could probably comfortably take a punch being as robust as he is.
    But I doubt he’d be able to hit Banks with anything solid.
    And I don’t think he’s authorized to carry his stun baton around, and that levels the playing field quite a bit.

89. hl Says:

A dude on twitter gave Jay Elec that beat? damn.

90. Beezy Says:

no..but juelz has never had a solo tape either

^Back Like Cooked Crack

91. hl Says:

fighting experience. That could actually be a
    compelling matchup.

lol…is there footage out there I’m not aware of?

92. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

LMAO @ Jay calling Crack & saying “You soft duke.”

93. Troyvul Says:

no..but juelz has never had a solo tape either

vado >>>
    And look where Juelz is? Vado better and try and get thm digital dollars via amalgam

94. Harlem World Says:

Pinky On How Her Parents Reacted To Her Doing Adult Films! (Mother Gave Her A Beating & Father Had To Fast Forward Her Scene When Watching An Adult Film In Jail) “She Found My Ho Bag”

smh @ myself for watching this link

95. Ghost Writer Says:

Can anyone hook me up with the Nas and Jr Gong album? I will buy it when iy drops I just can’t wait…

96. Fresh Huxtable Says:

ViolenceInSilence
    1 min ago
    Yall sleepin’ on Banks like he’s Kevin Hart size or some shit.
    Banks is, in fact, 6’2″. That helps. But stomping a manager isn’t exactly a resume builder.

97. Harlem World Says:

my bad…i forgot the back liked cooked crack series

98. Harlem World Says:

# AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:
    April 30th, 2010 at 2:51 pm

LMAO @ Jay calling Crack & saying “You soft duke.”

co-lmao

the camel has his moments

99. heroin headliner Says:

hatin’ on RAWSE is soooo 2000 and late…..

100. hl Says:

LMAO @ Jay calling Crack & saying “You soft duke.”

This is funny cause I’m pretty sure Jay didn’t raise his voice.

101. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

no..but juelz has never had a solo tape either

vado >>>
    =========================
    Elz is a victim of the machine cause he already put two hot singles out but he’s no closer to getting an LP out.

Hopefully Sha Money XL will fix that.

102. Dewill Says:

I would pay to see someone slap the shit outta Jay-Z tho… just to see how he would react..

103. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Hl
    5 mins ago
    fighting experience. That could actually be a
    compelling matchup.

lol…is there footage out there I’m not aware of?
    not that I know of, lol. But guys like Yayo, who aren’t the best rappers (though he’s improving for real) tend to be in these cliques because they can fight for real. You can always tell who’s that real brawler out the crew by the way the rest of the rappers act towards them. Word to Beanie and Alfamega.

104. Troyvul Says:

I have a feeling I ate about a half pound of dog at lunch….shit was good

105. NESTLE SNIPES Says:

Sexy Spec is a homo right?

he got that new vid on WSHH. “Dick Slanging” No homo, which is his dance.

106. heroin headliner Says:

don’t hate me….
    hate the money I see….
    clothes that I buy….
    ice that I wear….
    close ya eyes….

and picture the BAWSE being in it Deeper Than Rap…..

TrillAAAAAA

107. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

u can’t call Juelz a victim becuz What the Game was Missing has some HORRIBLE songs on it….

then he linked up with Wayne and got worse

108. Harlem World Says:

on the subject of fights..Mayweather vs Mosely is gonna be one boring fight

nobody can match the greatness of Mayweather right now..bernard and haye are dope tho

Has there ever been a athlete/sports team in history that has been so dominant…im struggling to think

109. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

==========================================
    Beans used to son Bleek out.

110. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

====================================
    And it has some great songs on it as well.

Word to Clockwork.

And that shit went platinum.

Plus, Juelz was doing big features (ie. Chris Brown’s “Run It”) and was on the Scream tour.

He had a major buzz.

111. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Kanye’s that dude, but he wouldn’t even look in the camera when he was responding to Beans. And after hearing that Choke No Joke story, I understand why. Even Jay doesn’t really want it with Beans. I think they all know that Siegel is close to the edge for real.

112. 456 Says:

mayweather decision with a knockdown.