Rick Ross – Window Seat

Rawse hops on that new Erykah.

Erkyah Badu feat. Rick Ross – Window Seat (Remix)

UPDATE: Badu approves.

erykahbadu-loves-rick-ross-window-seat-remix

218 Responses to “Rick Ross – Window Seat”

1. Els Says:

this. is. dope.

2. 911 Says:

All types of brilliant.

3. 40 Inc Says:

Usher- Mars vs Venus>>>> Jay-Z -Venus vs Mars

4. NovemberEnd Says:

:) @ this screenshot

5. Shooter Says:

nothing to dislike about this post

6. Beewirks Says:

me rikey the verse

7. 911 Says:

I was pretty hyped about the badu video, then I had like my own personal tipping point(pun). I realized that she could become defined by this, in a bad way which is disheartening. The game just ain’t the same for gangstas…

8. southlondon Says:

rick ross can eat a AIDS dick

9. Els Says:

Listen – Rick Ross (Prod. Kanye West) >>>>>>>>>>>>

10. APES IN SPACE Says:

in just dawned on me that fat joe has always planned on being obese by not changin his rap name his whole career

11. Black Brokaw Says:

when will these hoes realize they lose all respect when they take their clothes off. Badu is officially a dumbass

12. NovemberEnd Says:

# Black Brokaw Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 2:25 am

^^^^^^
    Ghey

13. Paws Pausington the (II) Says:

No-sign.
    I think you meant she has a dumb ass. What you talking about? Don’t you know once you go up in Badu you come out with a heavy blog buzz, conscious rhymes, brogued wingtips and a straw fedora. Seen it myself.I think thas what Toni Morrison’s next novel is about.

14. GC Says:

Rick Ross won. Fiddy lost.

15. kevfrescura de talco Says:

fucking *dying* @ ron artest rap performance on lopez tonight.

who is gassin ‘em? lololol

16. kevfrescura de talco Says:

RAWSERCOPTERS!

this post>

17. kevfrescura de talco Says:

hol’ up…

is this nigga really tryna sound like B.I.G. in the middle of of his verse?

nah right?

18. kevfrescura de talco Says:

ricky smalls(c) Jorge

19. lil mane young Says:

ROSS >

20. lil mane young Says:

ROSS >

21. B.Payton Says:

He bit biggies style… Thats not cool

22. leonard Washington aka The Silky Johnson of nahright Says:

Paws Pausington the (II) Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 2:54 am
    No-sign.
    ^^^^^^^
    lol, she is the muse of hip hop real talk. and her ass is super dumb but she is nowhere near a dumbass this is the most brilliant concept i seen in a video even though she bit the idea from matt and kim

23. KzA Says:

tired as fuck.. hungover as fuck.. its a friday tho *daps*

24. KzA Says:

GC Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 3:09 am
    Rick Ross won. Fiddy lost.

essactly

25. Tong Po Flo Says:

^ You sir are a dummy, did you not get the meaning of the video or was you just mesmerized by Badu’s scrumptious cakes

26. Tong Po Flo Says:

therapup.net/2009/07/soulja-boy-threatens-to-quit.html

^ yes please but I ain’t mad at him I know he caked up nice I would bounce too

27. Jersey*made*me Says:

Rick Ross won. Fiddy lost.

What exactly did Ross “win”?

The copyright infringement lawsuit with LV?

His C.O. certificate back?

The hearts of his TWO slore baby mommas?

A free small fries on his Mickey D’s scratch off?

I’m confused.What did he win?

28. Heroine Headliner Says:

I comment for those dro’ed out

29. JihaD Says:

Rick Ross won. Fiddy lost.

What exactly did Ross “win”?

The copyright infringement lawsuit with LV?

His C.O. certificate back?

The hearts of his TWO slore baby mommas?

A free small fries on his Mickey D’s scratch off?

I’m confused.What did he win?

This. What did he “win’? He tacks on verses to songs that no one wanted to hear him on. NR is the only place where he has stans, which I find astounding (and from the tone of your conversations, you like his instrumentals more than his actual rapping).

JihaD

30. Jersey*made*me Says:

Newark,N.J. recorded it’s first homocide free month in 40 years!!!

That’s big,salute Mayor Corey Booker.His mayorship can be a model to urban mayors all over.Dude is official.Men lie,women lie,the numbers don’t lie.

31. Heroine Headliner Says:

I came in this mother fucker 100 comments strong
    nine to be exact, from downloading usershare packs

32. kevfrescura de talco Says:

sup nahkis

BAWSE!

33. Jersey*made*me Says:

This is the home of the BLB(Budden Lost Boys), aka the HIA(Hypocrites In Action).Niggas adore that fat slob though.

34. Heroine Headliner Says:

Rawse is the hottest out right now. Sorry, Drake and Ye….he swallowed the competition…

35. Tong Po Flo Says:

Newark,N.J. recorded it’s first homocide free month in 40 years!!!

^ It won’t be like that during the summer tho, somethings always poppin off when the weather is hot

36. Tong Po Flo Says:

.he swallowed the competition…

^ this again roffleowed

37. Ant Says:

#bawse!

38. Heroine Headliner Says:

if rick Rawse ain’t right, then I’m bad to the bone…

39. Jersey*made*me Says:

Probably,but a reduction in savagery is a big deal.I got neices and nephews walking the streets of Newark.

40. Tong Po Flo Says:

^ I feel you on that

41. Bricktop Says:

“even if you win the rat race, you’re still a rat.”

morning nahgroes.

42. Heroine Headliner Says:

why y’all hate Rawse cuz he was a Co? he was dealing that D while surrounded by law enforcement and possible informants. He made informants get plastic surgery! All while maintaining perfect attendance!! are you not entertained?

43. Bricktop Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 8:23 am
    Newark,N.J. recorded it’s first homocide free month in 40 years!!!

crime doesn’t disappear. it just moves to Delaware. thank you very much, New Jersey. thank you.

Niggas sound like a bunch of bitches. Mad because a rapper has fans. That’s his fuckin job. Just like when he was a C.O… it was his JOB (which is hardly a “cop” by hood standards). You ain’t gotta like him, but to say he’s not winning right now is asinine. I hate Drake, but that hybrid, neutroniod lookin ass nigga is definitely winning right now.

Ricky Smalls >>>>

45. Ant Says:

I forgot if it was jersey city or newark but i seen a deep documentary named “brick city”

All types of brilliant.

^ cosing. (did you see what I did there)

Ant
    2 mins ago

^Judging by the title it’s about Newark.

48. Tong Po Flo Says:

^ lol

“brick city”

^ had to be the bricks, newark nj. Was the doc about youths, gangs and crime.

*daps all*

bizzle – liar >>>

50. Jersey*made*me Says:

I repeat,what did Ross win?

I repeat,what did Ross win?

^ flow of the decade. Stop playin Jerz.

I can only hope wifey’s ass stays brolic way into her 40′s and 50′s.

after 60+ ill take the L.

54. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

# Heroine Headliner Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 8:41 am

————————————-

hahahahahaha

55. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

*daps all Black Republicans*

56. Fresh Huxtable Says:

*daps Nah, dap-to-brohug for the regs*

Rawse! Gla he’s doing well. 95% of the time, it comes down to one question:

is the music good or bad? If it’s good, I’ll listen and like it. If it’s bad, I won’t. The end.

57. Van Sertima Says:

The cop should be smacked for biting Big’s flow like that. Nigga you’re not B.I.G., you’re a fucking cop.

Fuck the police (c)

58. Jersey*made*me Says:

^ flow of the decade. Stop playin Jerz.

He ain’t saying shit though!! Damn,a flow is credit? Diggy got a flow.

59. Bricktop Says:

Jersey*Made*Me
    1 min ago
    I repeat,what did Ross win?
    I think what they’re trying to say is that maintaining an otherwise average career after 50 goes all out to eat your soul in front of your children equates with a victory on a few levels, thus “winning”.

60. JihaD Says:

Ricky Smalls >>>>

Im not mad the nigga has, nor I am upset he’s a complete and utter fraud. I haven’t liked williams music PERIOD, as I always considered him an overblown version of Young Jeezy, except without the undercurrent of “reality” (whatever that means to you) in his rhymes. I don’t think he’s winning because after he started “beef,” he has NOTHING to show for it. The rappers he’s fucking with were already fucking with him; the fans he has were already fans; he didn’t have no large increase in sales. More people were impressed he could SURVIVE, but he didn’t beat his opponent, but whatever. TBH, he was “winning” when he was just doing him, putting out his albums and building a fanbase. The second people started learning about the real man away from the character, it tainted their ability to listen to his music (I am talking about casual fans or possible new listeners) for the entertainment factor only, which did nothing but stunt his growth commercially.

I mean, to each his own, but if William is “winning” hanging around Puff and Mr. OLEDOIT, then fuck it, I’d rather be losing.

JihaD

61. Fresh Huxtable Says:

COLD
    6 mins ago

*daps all*

bizzle – liar >>>
    yezzir

whoa biggie incarnate

…any how I begin too young the human bong
    kick my clarks off and recline just like a don.

^ that line is biggie all the way. Ricky Smalls indeed.

63. Tong Po Flo Says:

I can only hope wifey’s ass stays brolic way into her 40’s and 50’s.

^ Make sure she continue to hit the gym and that’s almost guaranteed, word to the older gals I be seeing at the gym working it out

64. Fresh Huxtable Says:

cOLD, thinking about your question yesterday,
    I’d sign Bizzle.

@ JihaD

^ can the nigga rhyme is all I’m asking.

66. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

# Jersey*made*me Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 8:54 am

^ flow of the decade. Stop playin Jerz.

He ain’t saying shit though!! Damn,a flow is credit? Diggy got a flow.
    ———————————————

A flow is a prerequisite to being a good rapper. It’s weird how heads seem to be the ones to miss that sounding good over a beat is rule number one in rap. Rap is still something to LISTEN to, not read.

67. Bricktop Says:

this, but to a certain extant.

68. Jersey*made*me Says:

Maybe Waka Flocka was right.I never thought i’d see the day when hip hop lovers would champion a fake ass drug kingpin with a string of miserable L’s.

cOLD, thinking about your question yesterday,
    I’d sign Bizzle.

^ indeed…. the line about “it wasn’t supposed to go this route, but when speaking the truth it just spills out” (something like that). Any way its refreshing to hear an alternative to the b.s thats out here. And he does so without compromising the rawness of hip hop.

70. JihaD Says:

cOLD Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 8:57 am
    @ JihaD

^ can the nigga rhyme is all I’m asking.

I personally don’t think so; I can’t get with the nigga rhyming the same word over and over again. The most impressed I have been with him was Maybach Music with Camel, but Camel murdered that track and I felt like the instrumental did all of the heavy lifting for him. I dunno, I just figured I can get cocaine rap from better sources like the Clipse, Jeezy, Yo Gotti, and Camron… But like I said, I am not going to change your mind, and you won’t change mine.

JihaD

Just like I go through my phases of Camel hate. But I’d be a liar if I said “Empire” didn’t smash the 4th quarter. That’s a “win” in hiphop for those who obviously don’t comprehend. How can being one of the hottest rappers out CURRENTLY not be a win? Niggas is miserable. If you not entertained (which is all this is) then say so. But to discredit another Black man making a legitimate living is some Willie Lynch shit.

72. Dewill Says:

This fat dude is gettin outta hand[||] justincase

73. Jersey*made*me Says:

Flocka was right.A lot of niggas owe Flocka an apology,including me.

74. KzA Says:

*DAPS DBLOCK*

Good looks on those Ricky Smalls downloads.. nice collection.

75. Bricktop Says:

this statement couldn’t be truer. personally, i’m a fan on non-fiction.

76. Jersey*made*me Says:

And you defend a “drug kingpin” rapper with this?Get all the way the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

77. kevfrescura de talco Says:

shit kinda foul while i’m sittin in the aisle
    people takin pictures of me like i’m goin outta style
    mac book dre beat southernplayalistic
    half a joint that i clipped smell like the whole zipper
    anyhow i begin to yawn the human bong
    kick my clarks off and recline just like a don
    hat low eyes closed got my hoodie on
    as we take off i think back to all my niggas gone
    from my window seat the view i got i think see tomorruh
    always been an owner of the watch you wanna borrow
    always w/the woman that you followin on twitter
    first class sold out but i’m still a nigger

BAWSE!

dudes guest features and 16s ova the last 9 monts>>>>>

Get all the way the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

^ GATWTFOHWTB

*PATENTS*

79. Bricktop Says:

More people were impressed he could SURVIVE, but he didn’t beat his opponent
    lol. just like the UFC main event from last weekend.

bizzle swacked broadway joe’s flow tho.

81. KzA Says:

cOLD Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:07 am
    Get all the way the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

^ GATWTFOHWTB

*PATENTS*

lolo I was just gonna do the b-ease
    *clips and saves*

82. JihaD Says:

@dbillz,

Willie lynch? Nah, I just don’t like the niggas music, and I thought that was clear. To say the nigga is “winning”? Thats debatable as fuck. How is he winning? He’s not all over the radio. His album is gone, and his new single has done NOTHING. He’s hanging around Puff, which was pretty much agreed upon to be career suicide, if not now, than in the future. As far as being the hottest out, all the other “hot” niggas- Wayne, Kanye, Clifford, Camel, Curtis,etc- are taking a break, so this nigga is like a burner on on the stove, when the grill, firepit, and bonfire are waiting to get started. Yea, he’s “hot,” but it means nothing when those niggas come back.

JihaD

83. leonard Washington aka The Silky Johnson of nahright Says:

the mile HIGH city the only place where the newscasters to about indo and kush on the air…I love my town(II)

84. KzA Says:

from my window seat the view i got i think I see tomorruh
    always been an owner of the watch you wanna borrow

ha shit… he just knows how to deliver these type of lines so well

85. KzA Says:

JihaD god damn with the novel posting. Its early son… we cant comprehend anything past 2 bars at this point

86. Bricktop Says:

victory goes to JihaD Joe: a REAL American hero!

conclusion: convincing your fans that you’re killing it lyrically is one thing, but actually “winning” is something totally different – moral victories notwithstanding.

87. leonard Washington aka The Silky Johnson of nahright Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 9:03 am
    Flocka was right.A lot of niggas owe Flocka an apology,including me.
    ^^^^^^
    Nobody owns Whata Fuckin Lame anything besides an ass whuppin

Jersey*Made*Me
    0 mins ago

^ Nigga how many times do I have to say ENTERTAINMENT for your drool-on-the-window ass to comprehend? Jay, Rae, Ghost, Clipse, same shit. And their all successful rappers in their own right. Ain’t no different than watching a movie. What and whom you choose to be entertained by is up to you. The music industry, and all other facets of ENTERTAINMENT, is not real. But all this emotional “I’ll hate on his success because I don’t like him” shit is trite and gay. That fat nigga is no pillar of the community and never claimed. He’s just an obese character who’s hot right now with fans to boot.

89. leonard Washington aka The Silky Johnson of nahright Says:

owes* my bad its early

and I done had conversations with the hardest
    some of them hearts big, they just trying hard to gaurd it

and I kinda feel that, but I’m tryna to kill that
    hide the thug show the love, why would you conceal that

even if it is real you are too grown
    to not know that you wrong, it is what it is homie.

91. leonard Washington aka The Silky Johnson of nahright Says:

nobody owes Whata Fuckin Lame anything besides an ass whuppin

92. KzA Says:

ill cOLD

93. Dewill Says:

and I done had conversations with the hardest
    some of them hearts big, they just trying hard to gaurd it

and I kinda feel that, but I’m tryna to kill that
    hide the thug show the love, why would you conceal that

even if it is real you are too grown
    to not know that you wrong, it is what it is homie.

Bizzle??

94. JihaD Says:

The “Entertainment/Movie” argument holds no weight because William NEVER comes out of character– he’s ALWAYS Ricky Ross The Cocaine Boss of Miami– the guy Noreiga owes 100 favors, who moves 100′s of bricks a week. When Al Pacino played Scarface in the movie, he didn’t continue to be Scarface when the cameras went off– he went back to being Al Pacino. We learned more about William once in got caught up in that “beef” with Curtis than we got from his music, which is telling a completely different story than the A+ student who got a college scholarship to Albany State, Majored in Criminal Justice, and took a job as a Correctional Officer for Dade County, where he signed a shoot on site order and maintained perfect attendance.

JihaD

^ damn, couldn’t had said it better. Niggas put way too much emotion into character assesment. To be fair though, hip hop is a little different from other forms of entertainment. Because the premise is based on realisim, the bar set from its predecessors is that “you were that real cat that overcame the obstacles, respected enough in the hood to get the clearance and love to do this shit”. Before that was the right of passage needed before getting on. I can dig how some niggas get it twisted… Gotta learn how to seperate the real aspect from entertainment tho.

96. Bricktop Says:

Ain’t no different than watching a movie.
    actually. . . .there is one small difference: actors step out of character to conduct interviews or to play other characters. rappers don’t.

People rap about what they’re good at rapping about, regardless if they live that life or not. And they all do it for a check. Niggas from the Native Tongue era somehow got tricked into believing niggas do this shit for peace, love, and harmony (I was once naive too). Biggie was a friendly ass nigga but he had some hard ass raps. Jay-Z is a quiet, insecure nigga but his raps will have you thinking he’s MADD confidant. Nas rap like he’s a poor righteous teacher but this nigga owe $50K/month for child support, which hardly broke by any definition. Niggas need to grow they ass up and turn their iPods off.

98. kevfrescura de talco Says:

i seen this nigga wale in the club last night. that nigga as tall as eskay. nigga stroll up in the club at like 1:45 goes to the DJ booth and kinda flows ova pretty girls. a lot of mahfukas started to hit the exit. smh. i can’t tell you how many breezies i heard pronounce his name ‘whale’. lol.

where we get these niggas from?

Bizzle??

^ Yea, dude is spitting the truth (no beanie)

100. Fresh Huxtable Says:

All things being equal…content wins. So if you have a good flow, good beats, but then you’re saying something on top of that, your music will not only be hot now, but it will stand the test of time.

That’s why on any given day, I’m more likely to play Black on Both Sides than an album that came out and was hot for the time, but didn’t really say anything. BOBS speaks to me as a grown man.

101. leonard Washington aka The Silky Johnson of nahright Says:

R.I.P pills career it ends in 7 and half months and I aint a young money fan

102. Bricktop Says:

*daps JihaD*
    wow.

103. Bricktop Says:

Ecstatic slightly>>> BOBS
    Ecstatic is a timeless audio masterpiece in every conceivable way.

104. MC Says:

@D. Billz

What is Ross winning??? He’s relavent, but to compare is relavance to that of Hov or Drake?? C’mon son. Who’s being asinine?? He doesn’t have as many fans as you think. He can’t hold a fuckin candle to Jeezy or Tip artist-wise. Real talk.

105. leonard Washington aka The Silky Johnson of nahright Says:

Pills Jan,1,2010-Apr 2,2010

106. KzA Says:

lol I didnt kno pill had a career? This shit is definately part-time for him right now… Cuz you know he aint makin no full time salary

107. Chief Ali Says:

Ecstatic slightly>>> BOBS
    Ecstatic is a timeless audio masterpiece in every conceivable way.

———-

emphatic nosign…although The Ecstatic was one of my fave releases [ll] that dropped last year

*daps nahggas in attendance*

Jihad

You’re only naming the rapper who got exposed. Now if you really wanna make an argument, then we can say that there are more Rick Rosses in the industry that we don’t know about in terms of hidden pasts. Scarface (the rapper) is named after the movie for crying out loud. Fantasies. YOUR argument holds no weight because you don’t the backgrounds of all your favorite rappers.

John Forte was a smiling, happy rapping ass nigga. Need I say more?

109. Bricktop Says:

*anxiously awaits for my first fantasy baseball season to start!*

110. KzA Says:

lol. Jeezy or TI havent put out a record in recent history that can fuck with the fillers on DTR.. Try again

111. kevfrescura de talco Says:

ROSS > T.I.

112. KzA Says:

Every rapper is a fake straight up.. You know where real drug king pins and thugs are? Dead or in jail. Grow the fuck up man this shit is WWF.

113. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Yo, I’ve really been thinking about this:

why are we (most) equating real to poverty and struggle? It’s like 70 percent of us view a background in drugs, poverty, or violence to be a prerequisite for making legitimate hip hop. But aren’t we supposed to be moving forward? As people and as a culture? If our kids are still rapping about the same stuff that people were rapping about in the 90s (at the same rate, proportionally), that will mean that our generation will have failed as parents and as men.

^ t-shirt status

115. Tong Po Flo Says:

Ecstatic slightly>>> BOBS

^ I think I will have to agree on this but I have give BOBS a few more spins, it’s been a minute

116. Bricktop Says:

this Ross debate is getting out of hand.

*substitute teacher voice* “Stay on topic, children!!!”

117. leonard Washington aka The Silky Johnson of nahright Says:

KzA Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 9:28 am
    ^^^^^^
    that dumb fuck took the bait from another dumb fuck.. all though I will admit that Pills was right about J mills being wanyes vip groupie escort.

Fresh Huxtable Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:32 am
    Yo, I’ve really been thinking about this:

^ hip hop was born in adverse condtitions. Violence, opression and poverty. It’s encoded in the DNA. You can’t take that away, try as you may.

also, Fresh, are we better off as a society, than we were in the 80′s.

120. Jersey*made*me Says:

In summation:

Rick Ross is a fucking fruad.He doesn’t say i’m just rapping for entertainment,he says i’m the realest nigga in Miami,which he’s not.I refuse to slap dicks outta niggas mouths anymore,do you.

121. Dewill Says:

lol…Ol’ Dr. Seuss face ass..

122. kevfrescura de talco Says:

rawse>drake

123. Jersey*made*me Says:

jewelry

124. 911 Says:

I’d find these Ross debates a bit more intriguing if the niggas who were in opposition of, weren’t fiddy stans…

Jihad & MC… So the both of you basically admitted he has a buzz, right? So isn’t relevancy is what makes you a “winner” in this industry? Yeah, he might not have a bigger buzz than the other rappers you named but that doesn’t negate his accomplishments. Whether or not he has longevity is to be determined. Like I said, you ain’t gotta like him or his music, but that nigga is hot right now.

126. Bricktop Says:

the prior generation failed as parents and as men.
    *fixed*

127. Chief Ali Says:

John Forte was a smiling, happy rapping ass nigga. Need I say more?

—-

exactly…fam was moving more bricks than a contractor (c) mr. 17 5

128. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Ecstatic is cool, it just doesn’t do it for me like it does for a lot of others. The beats on BOBS were, to me, beauifully crafted. It was history and the future at the same time. Lyrically, and this is purely subjective, BOBS was just incredible to me. I have some pen pals, little kids I’m Africa that I write letters to, and they also get
    some financial support. And I straight up included Mos Def lyrics to explain hip hop to him.

129. Bricktop Says:

cOLD Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:36 am
    also, Fresh, are we better off as a society, than we were in the 80’s.

nope. same or worse, but def not better.

130. 911 Says:

Be that as it may, it’s good EVERYone isn’t mesmerized by the flow. There should always be balance.

131. Jersey*made*me Says:

the prior generation failed as parents and as men.
    *fixed*

Word

132. leonard Washington aka The Silky Johnson of nahright Says:

will somebody please write a eulogy for pills career

lol…Ol’ Dr. Seuss face ass..

^ sup Dewill.

*goes to my documents*
    *clicks picture folder*

nice….

134. kevfrescura de talco Says:

rawse > lil wayne

135. Jersey*made*me Says:

*goes to my documents*
    *clicks picture folder*

nice….

LMAO.

136. KzA Says:

easy now Kev. dont be using the GOATs name in vain like that

137. JihaD Says:

D. Billz Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 9:29 am
    Jihad

John Forte was a smiling, happy rapping ass nigga. Need I say more?

But my point still holds weight. All Rappers play a character, but even they know when to “turn it off,” so at least you have an understanding of who they are; William isn’t playing a character– HE is the character. You can tell he believes he is Ricky Ross the Boss, not just in his raps, but in real life. Malice dropped that video where he talked about once he was in the booth, he could “hop in as many G4s as he wanted, and move as much coke as he wanted,” but eventually he had to come home and be daddy. That was a real ass statement, but William ain’t living by that, and neither are quite a few rappers. Rap as a genre was built off “tha realness” of the music, where you had to “Rap what you lived”– this sentiment has changed now to “its all entertainment” as more and more rappers are being exposed for living a fraudulent lifestyle. All I am saying is that if this was 96 and that shit would have happened to William, we never would have heard from him again– fans, artists, and others would have blackballed that nigga from the game, and thats FACT.

JihaD

138. 911 Says:

I have some pen pals, little kids I’m Africa that I write letters to, and they also get some financial support.

^> you’re out of control. I suppose you bought a magic bean too and now have a giant beanstalk in your backyard? II

In summation:

^Im sorry you’re not entertained. Go listen to some other “real niggas” in hiphop who also say they’re real that you believe.

140. Dewill Says:

Life’s Good, I’m straight…clap ya hands 2 times u relate.. (c) Joo Mane

141. KzA Says:

*sets off a cherry bomb in kev’s back yard*
    *waits for him to go investigate*
    *jumps out of a bush and tackles kev’s mailbox*
    *sprints down the street carrying the mailbox like a football*

142. Shooter Says:

Ecstatic slightly>>> BOBS

I dont know about that, but it does seem to somehow get bettter with every listen, one of the best hip hop albums ive heard in a few years

143. Jersey*made*me Says:

M O T H E R F U C K I N G T H I S !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

144. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Bricktop
    0 mins ago
    the prior generation failed as parents and as men.
    *fixed*
    I don’t disagree, but we’re on track to do the same. Word to 22 year olds and 40 year olds both having kids in the third grade at
    the same time.

.I refuse to slap dicks outta niggas mouths anymore,do you.

^ ewww

146. leonard Washington aka The Silky Johnson of nahright Says:

fuck it

*does the tightrope on this post*

147. Bricktop Says:

speaking of Jon Forte, that dude’s album from was crack. not the first one from the Fugee’s heyday, but his sophomore joint from right before he went to jail. just great music on a “well educated sensative, introspective gangster” vibe. (nh).

148. Chief Ali Says:

niggas is typing essays and dissertations and whatnot

its not that serious, and its quite simple actually

Ross has been killing everything he’s recorded post 50 beef…What has 50 done since? BISD flopped miserably, especially by 50′s standards.

Who lost?

149. kevfrescura de talco Says:

rawse > snoop

150. KzA Says:

In summation:

this. Seems like your just choosing to believe some and not others… ol the toothfairy is a joke but santa better fill up my stocking this year ass n***a

151. 911 Says:

but even they know when to “turn it off,

^>what are you doing man? “I’m a gangsta miss Katie” Wayne on dateline. I could go on and on. Smh, y’all niggas retarded.

^ but this only speaks to the greatness of his bars… Niggas are willing to overlook what you just said.

153. KzA Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:44 am

True, I would also be 11 years old and none of Beezys latest sexual partners would be born yet

154. Bricktop Says:

911 Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:43 am

no shots, but goddamn!! l.o.l.!

155. Fresh Huxtable Says:

911
    1 min ago

now how would it look if I, a boss, took time to resp…never mind.

But seriously though, it’s been cool. Seeing their progression mentally and physically. Makes me excited to have a couple of kids of my own.

156. JihaD Says:

Bricktop Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 9:26 am
    *daps JihaD*
    wow.

Missed that, sorry fam.

*daps* Bricktop
    ============================

No I didn’t. I said what is doing exactly that means he’s winning? He’s not on the radio; he’s hanging out with Puff, and he’s dropping unauthorized “remixes” like Camron in 2001 to keep himself relevant. I also said if he’s “hot,” its because the real “hot” niggas (and white boy) are currently quiet. Musically, its whatever, because, as I said above, I don’t fuck with his music, but as far as “hotness” or relevancy? Thats debatable.

JihaD

157. Bricktop Says:

Shooter Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:44 am
    Ecstatic slightly>>> BOBS

yeah, that’s the thing. it just keeps getting better and better every time i play it. from beginning to end, it just flows seemlessly. shit, i can’t call it. i just know that it’s been a few YEARS since i’ve repeatedly played one “rap” album for months in a row without become bored.

Jihad

What does any of that has to do with enjoying the music? It sounds like you niggas actually believed him at some point. I don’t care if he believes he’s Santa Claus. What does his multiple personality disorder have to do with me? Come on son.

159. Jersey*made*me Says:

You can’t tell me Kanye and Styles P are giving you a made up life.These type of artists give you their reality in verses and hooks over dope beats.I appreciate that,that is real.Not a nigga who’s children don’t even have health care that I see posing recieving C.O. of the year awards telling me that he sells more drugs than the rest of North America,from the seat of an 04′ Maybach in 2010,parked in front of a rented house at that.It don’t add up and hell no i’m not entertained with that bullshit.Yall niggas need to give his producers their credit while yall at it,without the beats none of this would be possible.

160. leonard Washington aka The Silky Johnson of nahright Says:

*quits nah bloggers collective*
    *joins wondaland arts society*
    *gets married to Janelle Monae*
    *takes her behind the local high school*
    *gets her pregers*

161. 911 Says:

@ fresh, I ain’t got no qualms with you, I just find that tidbit of info to be malarkey. One monkey don’t stop the show, so proceed.

162. Dewill Says:

This shit is really of no importance or debatable…support who u support…listen to what u listen to as long as u satisfied with it …aint none of these niggas helpin me out on the mortgage…I’m startin to believe that some of yall would take bullets for these guys… Only music helpin me right now is that new Usher and that’s in the area of givin long steady strokes to wifey…

163. Bricktop Says:

kevfrescura de talco Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:46 am
    rawse > snoop

exactly what color is the sky in YOUR world? it’s blue in mine.

164. KzA Says:

Jersey… Styles P really?

If Styles P has real lyrics, hes murdered more people than Rambo at this point.

165. kevfrescura de talco Says:

rawse > cam’ron

166. Ant Says:

Since when did rappers personal lives take away from how dope there music is?

167. kevfrescura de talco Says:

rawse > fat joe

911 Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:54 am

^ not quite sure what kinda ether this is, but it reeks of toxic gasses.

169. Sleep AKA YOUR MANS NOT ME IM ON A HORSE Says:

Wtf is this shit sandwich usher just put out. Shit has like 5 good songs. Is this what divorce does to a nigga. Damm I hope nas recorded the majority of distant relatives before all the kelis alimony and child support bills came

170. Bricktop Says:

JihaD crushed this convo. just wanted to clear that up.

Since when did rappers personal lives take away from how dope there music is?

^ this is at the center of the debate.

172. Jersey*made*me Says:

Jersey… Styles P really?

If Styles P has real lyrics, hes murdered more people than Rambo at this point.

Who’s to say he hasn’t?But that’s beside the point,what i’m saying is Styles will be the first to tell you he won’t move major units,he’ll probably die in the hood,he’s cried in his cell,etc.That’s authentic.

173. KzA Says:

Bricktop Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:57 am
    JihaD crushed this convo. just wanted to clear that up.

stop. You cant crush anything saying the rapper that had a top 3 album of 2009 is fighting for relevancy right now, even though every feature he does it all over the radio and the rap world is waiting on Teflon Don.

174. Bricktop Says:

kevfrescura de talco Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:55 am
    rawse > cam’ron

Jewish lies!!!! Zionist propoganda!!!!

175. Rey Says:

# kevfrescura de talco Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 9:55 am

rawse > cam’ron

Uh Oh… *puts on vest*

*ahem*

Cosign. Rawse has made more songs that I like. Thing is, their flows are similar.

176. Jersey*made*me Says:

Since when did rappers personal lives take away from how dope there music is?

Since JoeBuddenTV

177. Joe 88 Says:

*daps Billz*

Who’s to say he hasn’t?

^ his freestanding position as a civilian not behind bars.

179. Jersey*made*me Says:

the rap world is waiting on Teflon Don.

This is simply not true

180. JihaD Says:

D. Billz Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 9:52 am
    Jihad

I’m saying that the same things people give Kanye, Kid Cudi (ugh), Styles P, Jadakiss, Scarface, Beanie Sigel, Camel, etc love for- their “realness” (whatever that means to you), the honesty in their music, etc– seems to go out the window when William starts rapping. I never said he’s a bad rapper; I never said he’s wack. I said I don’t listen to his shit because he sounds like Young Jeezy without sense of morality– William raps like he watched Scarface but turned the movie off before he got shot– and thats not interesting to me. But when people say he’s “Hot” or “relevant” I ask how so? What is he currently doing thats so hot or relevant. Every song I have seen (didn’t listen) from him are sequels to songs he did on his last 2-3 records. How is that original? How is that relevant? It is what it is, and if you fuck with him, enjoy.

JihaD

181. Fresh Huxtable Says:

911
    0 mins ago
    same here, no serious shots intended. *daps*

on another note, I do recognize that the struggle will always be in the DNA, but it’s kind of like I said the other day about Tavis and some other “black leaders”– their whole thing was based on the struggle, the “we shall overcome” mentality. Which is cool and good, except they seem to be confused about what to do when some of us actually overcome. I think hip hop has the same problem. My understanding is that Plies is a college grad, and Lil Jon grew up upper middle class. But, especially with Plies, it seems like he is so trapped by the idea of hip hop equaling struggle has him so trapped mentally that he’s whahhaaahhenin behhhbehh when he could do like Clifford and sneak in a conscious record in a dirty package.

182. KzA Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:59 am
    Jersey… Styles P really?

If Styles P has real lyrics, hes murdered more people than Rambo at this point.

Who’s to say he hasn’t?

no doubt he has a large element of realism in his music, but hes no different than anyone else as far as exaggeration and embellishment goes.

183. hl Says:

Ross killed this verse. If you say otherwise you straight up lying.

184. Jersey*made*me Says:

@cOLD

Let’s not pretend there’s not thousands of niggas with bodies walking the streets.

185. Remixznflow Says:

Good Friday to you all…

*daps in the spirit of good faith*

186. Dewill Says:

Since JoeBuddenTV

Word…lol..Then that nigga got his man slapped.. shit was terrible

Jersey*Made*Me
    1 min ago

^Like I said (because I swear you niggas either can’t or don’t read), some rappers are good at rapping about their own lives and other rappers are good at rapping about other shit. Either way, I listen to it for the same purpose: enter… fucking… tainment. It’s some niggas out there who rap about their own lives and that shit bores me to tears. It’s niggas that go to college that rap about gun buckin that also bores me. This only boils down to one thing… one word… wanna take a guess what it is?

_nt_rt__nm_nt

Would you like to buy a vowel, sir?

188. hl Says:

Since when did rappers personal lives take away from how dope there music is?

^ this is at the center of the debate.

It does take away from the music. But there is a certain threshold where some shit is so dope you cant front. This is where Ross is right now.

189. Sleep AKA YOUR MANS NOT ME IM ON A HORSE Says:

Snoop aint been good since 96. Ofcourse is there was a hip hop hal of fame snoop will be there but that’s some ken griffey type shit. So currently ross is better. Why is there no hip hop hall of fame I don’t want to see jay and nas in no rock and roll hall of fame

190. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

this screenshot of Badu >>>>

191. Bricktop Says:

Fresh Huxtable Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 9:44 am
    Bricktop
    0 mins ago
    the prior generation failed as parents and as men.
    *fixed*
    the same time.

THIS is a debate for when i have more time. but, yeah. long story short: Blacks in America – since slavery – continuously progressed/prospered (educationwise, monetarily, legally, socially, etc. . .) until sometime in the late 80′s – mid 90′s. i’m knocking on 30 and i believe that my generation is the first in our specific culture to – across the board – be LESS educated than our parents.

192. Jersey*made*me Says:

exaggeration and creating a whole new life that doesn’t exist are two totally different things though.

punchline emphasis=cool

I know Noriega=fucking disgusting

@cOLD

^ but there not confessing their crimes on wax.

194. Remixznflow Says:

# E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 10:04 am

this screenshot of Badu >>>>

this should be the center of the discussion on this thread…

honestly dont know what else there would be to talk about on good friday..

behold.. that fruit is good…

195. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

If Styles P has real lyrics, hes murdered more people than Rambo at this point.
    lol

196. Remixznflow Says:

ntil sometime in the late 80’s – mid 90’s. i’m knocking on 30 and i believe that my generation is the first in our specific culture to – across the board – be LESS educated than our parents.

dammit if this isnt the truth…

197. Bricktop Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 10:01 am
    the rap world is waiting on Teflon Don.

This is simply not true

egggg Zach Lee!!

198. kevfrescura de talco Says:

this screenshot > rawse

199. 911 Says:

_nt_rt__nm_nt

Would you like to buy a vowel, sir?

^> OH SHIT!

200. Joe 88 Says:

The Cop tacks a verse onto that new Erykah.

^lol, I see bawse moving up in the world.

201. Jersey*made*me Says:

^ but there not confessing their crimes on wax.

lol.To his defense it’s more of a pre-meditated thing.It’s usually I would do this or that,if a nigga………….

202. hl Says:

Oh shit. This nigga Pill told Jae Millz UPS is hiring. lol

203. Bricktop Says:

hl Says:

April 2nd, 2010 at 10:04 am
    Since when did rappers personal lives take away from how dope there music is?

^ this is at the center of the debate.

i can live with this. i think.

*Joe88ington*

*dapz Joe88*

greeting fail in my last comment lol

206. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Kind of like T.I. went from straight trapping to thoughtfulness and narration without glorification, like Jeezy went from straight trapping to my president is black, and without sacrificing being true to themselves, hip hop needs to grow up the same way. Even Jay, although he made
    some serious missteps, matured in his music. And we forget that not all hip hop came out like this…it used to be party and dance, word to Rappers Delight, and socially conscious, word to The Message and Self Destruction. There’s an entire tradition of Tribe, De La Soul, Outkast, GooDiE MOB and others who could get the job done musically without being stupid. Even NWA really were more like reporters and journalists than ambassadors for ignorance. It’s just that mugs who came after them only understood the violence part, didn’t understand the meaning.

jo88 this kid bizzle swacked your whole flow.

208. JihaD Says:

hl Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 10:10 am
    Oh shit. This nigga Pill told Jae Millz UPS is hiring. lol

Lulz.I wonder what Millz is gonna do. His boss already said YM don’t battle…

JihaD

209. Joe 88 Says:

cOLD Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 10:13 am
    jo88 this kid bizzle swacked your whole flow.

^What you talking bout cOLD?

210. LaneKiffin*CainSniffin*LaneSwitchin* Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^
    LOL

*spits out Tropicana*

^What you talking bout cOLD

^ youtube.com/watch?v=ze35HAdd038

212. kevfrescura de talco Says:

currently….

rawse >most laptop/knapsack rap

Hl
    1 min ago
    Oh shit. This nigga Pill told Jae Millz UPS is hiring. lol

^ I’m waiting for this shit. Jae was talkin wayyyy too greasy for not anybody from the front cover to say something. But this ain’t 04 Making The Band. He might’ve bit off more than he can chew. It’s gonna be a hot summer. Hopefully.

214. JihaD Says:

D. Billz Says:
    April 2nd, 2010 at 10:19 am
    Hl
    1 min ago
    Oh shit. This nigga Pill told Jae Millz UPS is hiring. lol

Last time a Harlem nigga and a hot summer were mentioned in the same sentence, that nigga pulled a Houdini for the next two years….

JihaD

Lmao @ Jihad. Yeah, Harlem niggas track record for beef is questionable in hiphop.

216. Nah Right » Rick Ross - Super High (Teflon Don 1st Single Flyer) Says:

[...] Video: Waka Flocka Flame ft. Diddy & Rick Ross – O Let’s Do It (Remix) | Rick Ross – Window Seat Freestyle | Diddy-Dirty Money ft. Rick Ross & T.I. – Hello Good Morning [...]

217. Nah Right » Mick Boogie x Big Boi x Rick Ross - Southernplayalisticmaybachmusic (Tracklist) Says:

[...] The inspiration for the concept most likely came from Ross’ mention on “Window Seat” remix. [...]

218. Nah Right » Video: Erykah Badu feat. Rick Ross – Window Seat (Remix) + Turn Me Away (Get MuNNY) Says:

[...] back in April, Ross dropped a sick freestyle/street remix over Badu’s “Window [...]