Video: Raekwon – Canal Street

Yessssss, finally here. All that’s missing now is a “Broken Safety” video.

Props to XXL on the premiere.

Previously: Video: Raekwon – Surgical Gloves (prod. The Alchemist)

126 Responses to “Video: Raekwon – Canal Street”

1. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Red Cafe or the people backing him have to be some of the biggest idiots the industry has ever seen. How you manage to have 4 or 5 songs get decent air time on the radio in the past 3-4 years and none of them ever come out on an actual album. Maybeeeeee 1 of them came out on that joint album he did with Envy. Maybe.

2. b-ease Says:

in chicago and in the south, juvenile 400 degreez is considered a 5 mics classic

It’s a classic in MD too.

3. nation Says:

Red Cafe sucks (what else)

4. rex hussla Says:

On my first trip to NY your boy copped all the Makaveli bootlegs on Canal St…’97 I think. I was the motherfuckin man when I came home

5. G7 Says:

CL2>>

6. Slumbilical Says:

They both have their wack lines as does every rapper….

Angie Martinez: “When you said ‘if Jesus payin’ Lebron, Im payin’ DeWayne Wade’…what did you mean?”

Conceited Camel Voice: “Nah but see in New York they know what I mean, I’m gonna leave that to them, you know what I mean, the fans, they know…”

*asks a New Yorker what that line means*

*bewilderment*

thought so

7. G7 Says:

nation Says:

March 30th, 2010 at 3:52 pm
    Red Cafe sucks (what else)

^I see what you done there.

8. London Underground Says:

crushin all competitors like the young m.tyson

BAWSE

9. why? Says:

I’m not sure why but Fat Lady Sings >>>

10. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

*rhymes from a bosses perspective*

Black diamonds on my chain, straight out of Africa
    Big boy Bentley model bitch as my passenger
    I let her roll the weed while I work the wheel
    I fire up the blunt, she pops another pill
    No top, let the kush smoke kiss the sky
    Gettin’ topped off, just a day in this life of mine

11. Black Says:

Wait that aint what he said. It’s ‘if Jeezys paying Lebron I’m paying D-Wade’ right?

12. Joe 88 Says:

b-ease Says:
    March 30th, 2010 at 3:51 pm

It’s a classic in MD too.

^Yep, I still sing along to “ghetto children” whenever, wherever I hear that song. 400 Degreez was the album that was the beginning of the end for No Limit. As much of a no limit fan I was back then, I knew cash money was almost as dope, I had to cop that Juve album, and because of that album, i’m still a fan of his, he’s pretty nice on that mic too (n)

13. hl Says:

Conceited Camel Voice:

*dead*

14. Slumbilical Says:

if Jesus payin’ nate, I’m payin *ice cube voice* eskayyyyyyyyy-YAY [ll]

15. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

nation Says:

March 30th, 2010 at 3:52 pm
    Red Cafe sucks (what else)

^I see what you done there.

That all

16. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

Foxy Brown was the first NY artist to do a song with Juve.

Then the camel swagger jacked her.

17. Slumbilical Says:

yo i bought a cashmere knit cap off of bluefly…shit is cushy and amazing…now a nicca praying for more cool weather

18. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Then the camel swagger jacked her.
    I was gonna say, i knew something was missings from Nah today. Thanks Amp.

19. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

All that’s missing now is a “Broken Safety” video
    ===================================
    Best song on the album.

LOL @ Rae’s *blank stare*

20. b-ease Says:

Foxy Brown was the first NY artist to do a song with Juve.

Then the camel swagger jacked her.

But I seem to remember a Source interview from that time where Fox said it was Jay that put her on to Juve’s music.

21. KzA Says:

No top, let the kush smoke kiss the sky
    Gettin’ topped off, just a day in this life of mine

ill

22. Joe 88 Says:

@Amp

You talking bout the foxy song off china doll? That album was dope, and the guest features made it that much better, some hood bitch stole that cd out my house a few years ago, punk bitch.

Foxy, Beans & Memphis “456″ >

23. London Underground Says:

*rhymes from a bosses perspective*

lol

24. Troyvul Says:

23,000< 5,000

25. rex hussla Says:

Yo I saw a Jewish kid…prob 14 or 15, yesterday and this cat was rockin’ a yamaka with a basketball design. I almost jumped out the car and gave him daps. Might have been one of the illest shit I’ve ever seen.

26. NovemberEnd Says:

lol @ Amp finding a way to mention Camel Carter….

in others news: this Canal Street video is unintentional comedy….

Low budget videos >

27. why? Says:

Lol at Rae looking like a fatter version of Denzel.

28. Slumbilical Says:

Joe 88 Says:

March 30th, 2010 at 3:55 pm
    b-ease Says:
    March 30th, 2010 at 3:51 pm

It’s a classic in MD too.

juve flipped lyrics on some real creative shit, like when he said “lickin shots out my black Volvo”…nobody was rapping about Volovos before juve

yall can’t be serious, 400 degreez is classic

29. b-ease Says:

Foxy, Beans & Memphis “456″ >

WORD.

30. rex hussla Says:

didn’t Jay do the official Ha remix?!?!

31. Slumbilical Says:

best bleak song ever was on 534: “Dear Summer”

amazing the way bleek ripped that one – classic spit

32. Slumbilical Says:

rex hussla Says:

March 30th, 2010 at 4:00 pm
    didn’t Jay do the official Ha remix?!?!

fux yes and he murked

“brrrrrrrrrat brrrrrrrrrat brrrrrrrrrat…where yo niccas at…”

c’mon now, if anything got big in the industry, jay hopped on the beat. he couldn’t just let cats eat without maintaining his top-dog status. dude is mad shrewd

this and broken safety > your shit life

34. JDS just looks at her, looks at her... Says:

from 2:38 – 2:41 that nigga Rae looks dead

35. Joe 88 Says:

rex hussla Says:
    March 30th, 2010 at 4:00 pm
    didn’t Jay do the official Ha remix?!?!

^Yeah, and quiet as kept, he was on sillk da shocker’s album that same year too, but I think the cash money collabo came first. (n)

With all this talk of old southern music, i’m bout to crack the vault and listen to some old No Limit

Mac a don > Rick Rawse

Soulja Slim > Rick fawlse

36. Bones Jackson Says:

exotic fruits exported from deep within the amazon
    million dollar deals in iraq cuz i told them that i had a bomb
    biggest boss in the game, call me m.bison
    crushin all competitors like the young m.tyson

Exotic fruits from the amazon will give you diarrhea.
    Iraq doesn’t have that kind of money.
    M. Bison was never the biggest boss in the game.

37. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

Foxy, Beans & Memphis “456″ >
    -=======================
    I fucked with this joint heavy.

The Truth/Dynasty era Beans >>>

38. rex hussla Says:

Mo B. Dick >>>

39. Harlem World Says:

best bleak song ever was on 534: “Dear Summer”

amazing the way bleek ripped that one – classic spit

roffle

i aint never heard bleek rhyme like that before, you know…Memphis Bleek -Dear Summer

40. Detroit P Says:

# rex hussla Says:
    March 30th, 2010 at 4:00 pm

didn’t Jay do the official Ha remix?!?!
    Yea he was wack on it too…dont believe the hype

41. Tong Po Flo Says:

All that’s missing now is a “Broken Safety” video.

^ I’m saying tho that song was fire lava flames acid mist

42. London Underground Says:

dark thoughts in my mind battle
    to find a bigger boss than me niggas resort to time travel
    my girl gotta fetish for material things
    so she gets a couple hunid thou for diamond studded angels with material wings

BAWSE

43. D_Block_4_Life Says:

I too fucked with China Doll heavy.

44. Slumbilical Says:

Harlem World Says:

March 30th, 2010 at 4:04 pm
    best bleak song ever was on 534: “Dear Summer”

amazing the way bleek ripped that one – classic spit

roffle

you know my dude, they say silence is golden – and that’s why bleek really shone on “Dear Summer”…if you look at the credits, it says “Memphis Bleek feat. Jay-Z (prod. Just Blaze)”…but the way Bleek killed it, it’s almost like he was a ghost…that’s how you get Jay on a record but still show your mettle. too many dudes try to do too much. just let camel do camel and the song will flow perfect. bleek nailed [ll] that one.

45. JDS just looks at her, looks at her... Says:

# eskay Says:
    July 20th, 2009 at 3:41 pm

>>Exactly. Dude was the one who invited me to fight, and now he hasn’t said shit that resembles what he said then.

dog, are you gonna come see me at the Rosenberg shit? or the next BBQ? or anywhere for that matter?

nah right? so close your fucking lips b.

get the fuck outta here. I’m telling you straight up when you can come see me in a neutral location.

what’s your excuse gonna be after you don’t show?

hilarity

46. Joe 88 Says:

Yea he was wack on it too…dont believe the hype

^No-sign.

only reason you alive cause you read lips
    riding by the hood, low in ya seat & shit

But I will say

The original Ha > The remix ha with the hot boys > the remix with Jay

47. why? Says:

OBFCL2 > Most music I’ve downloaded from Nah

48. Slumbilical Says:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/Memphis_Bleek_-_534.jpg

ill cover photo. bleek is saying: “I’m the Roc times 3…now peep Dear Summer so you can hear how significant I am to this roster…”

49. hl Says:

lol Rae deserves an oscar for this one.

lol at his blank stare.

50. Tong Po Flo Says:

M. Bison was never the biggest boss in the game.

^ Lies

51. CZ Says:

what’s your excuse gonna be after you don’t show?

Oh shit what i miss?

>>how the fuck would I, a boss, look travelling to your hood on the day you say to fight you?

that was a good one.

53. hl Says:

If Rae ever came out with an Bout It type hood movie, it would be the goat rapper flick.

54. London Underground Says:

M. Bison was never the biggest boss in the game.

^ Lies
    word, I bet he was struggling with balrog and zangief

55. Slumbilical Says:

johnnywestmusic.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/roffle-mayo.png

56. Bones Jackson Says:

M. Bison was never the biggest boss in the game.

^ Lies
    word, I bet he was struggling with balrog and zangief

zangief is a nobody.

balrog’s original name was m. bison.

57. KzA Says:

JCole tonight…

I hate these Hot97 events sometimes… fuckin Rosenberg

58. Harlem World Says:

its not so much what bleek says, but more about what he’s trying to say

jay got ethered again on that track

59. why? Says:

Dhalsim is a bitch to fight.

60. London Underground Says:

M. Bison was never the biggest boss in the game.

^ Lies
    word, I bet he was struggling with balrog and zangief

zangief is a nobody.

balrog’s original name was m. bison

so who was the biggest boss? sagat? vega?

61. Harlem World Says:

Killa Season 2 >>> every fuckin album and movie this year

62. CZ Says:

Dhalsim is a bitch to fight.
    That teleport he does is bitchmade. He’ll do that shit right before you really about to go in on em to.

63. Harlem World Says:

Zangief was hardbodied

Ken was mad homo

64. Tong Po Flo Says:

zangief is a nobody.

balrog’s original name was m. bison.

^ The hardest character was Blanka, I would just electrocute cats until I won they used to get heated when I did that

65. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

Eskay is such a tough guy, kicking down bathroom stall doors and shit.

He’s got a black belt in bullshit.

66. why? Says:

Street Fighter > Mortal Kombat

67. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

Guile >>>

My nigga had the ill flatop too.

68. NovemberEnd Says:

still smfh @ no one had the presence of mind to take out their BB/iPhone and take a picture during Badu’s public display.

69. Bones Jackson Says:

so who was the biggest boss? sagat? vega?

vega is by far the worst in every street fighter while sagat is usually the best.

M. Bison is pretty much nothing. and when Akuma comes along…come on now

70. rex hussla Says:

I swear, I am not making any of this up.

So I ordered a computer part from Amazon. We have Amazon Prime, and the part was supposed to show up yesterday, but never did. I called Amazon’s 800 number this morning (actually 866-216-1072, if you want to note it for future reference), and got a female rep with not-so-good English. After quite a thrash getting my information, she allegedly called the shipper (long time on hold for me) and came back to say they had told her my package would not be delivered…

… because it had been eaten by an alligator.

Again, I swear, I am not making this up.

I made her repeat it about five times. “It may have been a different animal” was as far as she’d budge off of this story.

I called the shipper after I got off the line, they said, “WHAT?!?”, and went on to tell me the package is on the truck and should arrive today. So I called Amazon back, and kept at it until I reached a native English speaker. He said, “WHAT?!?!?”

According to both the shipper and the non-alligator Amazon rep, the package is still on its way, and allegedly does not have any large tooth marks. I may not ever get the part, but at least I’m giving people some good stories to tell today…

71. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

this video is terrible

72. Chris Cash Says:

M.Bison was the final boss, but Sagat was the hardest to beat

73. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

=======================
    The Lex Diamonds Story shoulda been a movie.

I’d buy that shit.

74. PW Says:

Kinda like that E. Honda “Maw maw maw maw” hand slap shit.

75. rex hussla Says:

Outkast feat. Cee-Lo – In Due Time >>>>

Top 5 favorite songs of all-time

76. why? Says:

Lol at kids slamming the buttons in the arcade thinking they could win . Losing a 25 cent game is better than breaking the damn controllers.

77. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

Sagat was the hardest to beat
    ========================
    Ayo!

78. London Underground Says:

Street Fighter > Mortal Kombat
    Street Fighter > Tekken> Mortal Kombat

79. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

I swear, I am not making any of this up.

… because it had been eaten by an alligator.

Again, I swear, I am not making this up.

–*Swan dives in to a pool of acid*

80. rex hussla Says:

Tribe…we know you love Eminem and hate OB4CL2…that was established 9 months ago

81. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

Outkast feat. Cee-Lo – In Due Time >>>>
    ==============================
    People don’t be knowin’.

That Cee-Lo verse is powerful stuff.

82. PW Says:

rex hussla Says:
    March 30th, 2010 at 4:19 pm
    I swear, I am not making any of this up.
    *Death*

83. London Underground Says:

so who was the biggest boss? sagat? vega?

M. Bison is pretty much nothing. and when Akuma comes along…come on now

co-sign on akuma even though he wasnt an original

84. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

Tribe…we know you love Eminem and hate OB4CL2…that was established 9 months ago

–i dont hate it but the vid is terrible

85. Tong Po Flo Says:

vega is by far the worst in every street fighter

^ Nah I wouldn’t say that, you could kick some ass with Vega if you knew how to use him

^ I’M SAYING THO!!!! Badu picked a good place and time to do that, it was mostly white folks and they looked like they were in too much in shock to do anything that would benefit my sexual appetites for her

86. PW Says:

rex hussla Says:
    March 30th, 2010 at 4:21 pm
    Outkast feat. Cee-Lo – In Due Time >>>>

Top 5 favorite songs of all-time

That’s my shit.

87. why? Says:

Chun Li was a tough bitch to beat.

88. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

Bleek – “Holla” x Bleek ft. Jay & Beans – “Hypnotic”

Bleek’s best joint

89. KzA Says:

lol @ rex story

90. London Underground Says:

Bleek – Hardknock life intro…

“and I’m serious”

91. PW Says:

I hate when my fucking comments dont show up. Am I the only one this happens to?

92. Sham aka The Computer Puter! Says:

uh, Hey NR, for all the shitty ticket giveaways u guys have, i’d like to think you’d have a hookup for the j. cole show tonight. I been up since 9am waiting

93. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

Akum was the biggest boss thus far

94. Bones Jackson Says:

Anybody can kick some ass if you know how to use them. It’s just alot harder with Vega and you’ll probably be beat by someone of the same skill that uses a different character.

95. PW Says:

MK > Street Fighter > Samurai Showdown > Virtua Fighter > Killer Instinct

96. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

“Screw Gooden, I pitch in the PJ’s, lit off the EJ, I split Dutchies with my ring finger, You find a bitch that owe me cream, bring her ”

Bleeks best line.

97. KzA Says:

Sham aka The Computer Puter! Says:

March 30th, 2010 at 4:28 pm

craiglist?

98. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

Killer Instinct
    ==============
    Gimme Glacius & I’m on the sticks all day.

99. hl Says:

MK > Street Fighter > Samurai Showdown > Virtua Fighter > Killer Instinct

lol this nigga said Killer Instinct. I forgot that game existed.

100. Dewill Says:

Penitentiaries are packed with promise makers

Nas – not going back > most yalls life.

102. Yeah Right Says:

Sham aka The Computer Puter! Says:

March 30th, 2010 at 4:28 pm

how are you gonna diss their ticket giveaways and then ask why they didn’t feed you?

103. b-ease Says:

If I Die 2nite…

104. b-ease Says:

If I Die 2nite…

105. London Underground Says:

flashy fly lil nigga
    nosy bitch on the thrid floor like why lil nigga
    bitch please, twist the trees

106. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

# PW Says:
    March 30th, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Street Fighter > Samurai Showdown > Tekken > MK > Killer Instinct >>>>>>>>>>>Virtua Fighter
    ==========

**fixed**

and ULTRA COMBO’s >>>>>>> EVERYTHANG

107. Bones Jackson Says:

MK > Street Fighter > Samurai Showdown > Virtua Fighter > Killer Instinct

lol this nigga said Killer Instinct. I forgot that game existed.

I’m surprised eternal champions wasn’t thrown in there.

108. Tong Po Flo Says:

^ Yeah you right tho, it too me a minute to learn how to beat people with Vega at first I was like fluck it and just jumped back and forth taking sneak jabs and kicks at people. Why folks gassin’ Akuma tho ain’t he the same like Ken and Ryu?

109. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Amp is correctumundo about Killer Instinct

400 Degreez is def classic. One day I just decided to drive down A1A playing blueprint until the album ran out, then turn around and
    play 400 degreez all the way back. A great afternoon

whats better than listening to music in your driveway on a rainy day.

111. hl Says:

Nas – not going back > most yalls life.

—-

Still Dreaming >

HHID is underrated.

112. London Underground Says:

MK > Street Fighter > Samurai Showdown > Virtua Fighter > Killer Instinct

lol this nigga said Killer Instinct. I forgot that game existed.

I’m surprised eternal champions wasn’t thrown in there.

shout out to marvel vs capcom

113. Jersey*made*me Says:

So niggas gone keep jocking mediocre ass OB4CL2?

Duly noted.

Nas – hold down the block > bp3

some dudes had just only a year of balling…

^ are you niggas paying attention.

116. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

Akuma was Ken and Ryu put together with the ability to teleport from either side of the screen

and he had a move where he’d grab u and drain all your life

117. why? Says:

Bart’s Nightmare is the GOAT video game.

118. Tong Po Flo Says:

Penitentiaries are packed with promise makers

^ Pac was wrong with this tho, it’s mostly filled with low lifes

119. Jersey*made*me Says:

Nas – hold down the block > bp3

WTF Nas know about East Orange though?

120. Tong Po Flo Says:

whats better than listening to music in your driveway on a rainy day.

^ Word, if it wasn’t so damn cold I would go for a drive and bump a couple of mixes I made

121. Jersey*made*me Says:

Penitentiaries are packed with promise makers

^ Pac was wrong with this tho, it’s mostly filled with low lifes

Nah,he was on point.Niggas stay with that imma marry my girl when I get home,imma get these bricks or pounds when I get home and we gone eat,i’m not coming back,etc,etc,etc.ALL bullshit promises.

122. Tong Po Flo Says:

^ Oh okay I see what you mean, my older bro was like that we believe him for a while until he went right back to his old ways and right back in the bing

youtube.com/watch?v=ANmQROqLPm0&feature=related

^ for old times sake Nas was about to bury Jeezy, if Hov didnt play mediator.

124. Suvio-Blue Says:

what mediocre about OBFCL2?!?!? not the lyrics and def not the production…that shit is like a movie, even the song placement is proper AND i just realized this now but he aint no skits on there, easily the best album on 09…just need that Sonny’s Missing video and im good!

125. Tha Den Says:

London Underground Says:
    March 30th, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Street Fighter > Mortal Kombat

Street Fighter > Tekken> Mortal Kombat

^ Blasphemy.

Tekken (any system/version) > Street Fighter > Mortal Kombat > Killer Instinct > the rest

126. Nah Right » Raekwon - Disposable Gunz Says:

[...] Previously: Raekwon Interview w/ DJ Envy & DJ Self | Video: Raekwon – Canal Street [...]