Video: Wale Wants a Kanye Beat That Jay Has

Wale talks to Rap-Up TV about being on tour with Mark Ronson & Jay in Europe and hearing a beat CD Kanye (and Plain Pat) played for them backstage with “Jockin’ Jay-Z,” “History,” “A Star Is Born” and one another song on it with Cudi on the hook.

He says he wanted “A Star Is Born” for the intro to Attention Deficit (which is in stores today, by the way) and John Meneilly and Bleek told him it wasn’t happening. LOL @ Wale’s Jay face.

The song would have been for him, Scotty & Aubrey. The GQ anthem.

75 Responses to “Video: Wale Wants a Kanye Beat That Jay Has”

1. Wale Says:

I told Jay ‘gimme dat’

2. Smoke Greene Says:

Wale sits down and thinks of new ways to be an asshole.

Who sent this nigga?

3. Beezy Says:

As a senior-year psychiatric resident at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Maj. Nidal M. Hasan was supposed to make a presentation on a medical topic of his choosing as a culminating exercise of the residency program.

Instead, in late June 2007, he stood before his supervisors and about 25 other mental health staff members and lectured on Islam, suicide bombers and threats the military could encounter from Muslims conflicted about fighting in the Muslim countries of Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a copy of the presentation obtained by The Washington Post.

^damn military missed maddddd warning signs from this psycho

4. KzA Says:

@land

My Darlin Baby – Lil Wayne and Drake

Damn I almost forgot how ridiculous that beat is

5. Joe 88 Says:

LF: I was looking at a few old cash money covers, and it’s funny that baby actually looked older in the 90’s then he does now. peep it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Btymers.jpg

6. why? Says:

I’m gonna be dissapoited if Drake gets more produced tracks from Kanye than Wale and Cudi. I thought Cudi’s album was gonna have more kanye beats. I bet if Kanye made another beat for cudi than Make Her Say wouldn’t be on the album.

7. land Says:

Joe 88 Says:

November 10th, 2009 at 1:00 pm
    Never trust a grown man named “baby”

——-

good logic

8. why? Says:

disappointed > dissapoited

9. KzA Says:

lofl *dead* at Cudi fans wanting the only recognizable rap song off the album

10. moresickaMC Says:

Jay-Z’s a selfish snake

whats new

11. land Says:

KzA Says:

November 10th, 2009 at 1:02 pm
    @land

My Darlin Baby – Lil Wayne and Drake

Damn I almost forgot how ridiculous that beat is

——

word… i put an immediate cease and desist order on the Drake hate after the first listen to that joint …

12. CassavaLeaf Says:

FUCK WALE

13. Smoke Greene Says:

====================================
    Kanye’s smart if he does.

Why waste perfectly good beats on niggas who won’t sell?

14. KzA Says:

lol SMH as if MOTM didnt have enough wierd ass emo spacey shit on there..they coulda squeezed one more if they took that hip hop track off!

15. G7 Says:

>>He says he wanted “A Star Is Born” for the intro to Attention Deficit and John Meneilly and Bleek told him it wasn’t happening.

^lmao. Bleek handling weed and some PR duties now. its a step up i guess.

16. ICE MILK a.k.a. TRILLA CATHER Says:

damn.

sosa done mj’d himself with those roids

17. Smoke Greene Says:

My Darlin Baby – Lil Wayne and Drake

Damn I almost forgot how ridiculous that beat is
    ==================================
    But it shoula been one’s or the others, preferably Wayne.

It’s kinda long winded.

18. KzA Says:

19. Smoke Greene Says:

^lmao. Bleek handling weed and some PR duties now. its a step up i guess

LOL @ Bleek telling a rapper with an actual career something ain’t happening.

why is there another wale post.

21. J Dela Says:

wow, “a star is born” could’ve been more boring than it already is?

22. sleep Says:

I remember b.g saying he never had a personal lawyer cause he trusted baby and slim so much

23. CassavaLeaf Says:

My Darlin Baby – Lil Wayne and Drake

Throw up a link for that joint

24. Smoke Greene Says:

The Professional Pt. 1 >>>>>>>>>>>

25. Wale Says:

cOLD Says:

November 10th, 2009 at 1:09 pm
    why is there another wale post.

^cause my album drops today

I hope this works…these posts cost alot of money

26. Smoke Greene Says:

==============================
    Those deep tongue kisses tend to do that.

27. CassavaLeaf Says:

sofurious.com/2009/11/06/this-is-our-future-3/

somebody need to smack their baby moms up for turning their son into this

Smoke Greene

^feces?

29. b-ease Says:

My Darlin Baby – Lil Wayne and Drake

I don’t know why that song’s not a number 1 hit, I really dont.

30. th!z Says:

“Bleek still trying to buy those free beats Just put on twitter. Jay wont give him the dough”

^^^LMFAO

and “If Jay woulda gave me that beat i’d prolly have one of the top ten songs in the country”

exactly why he didnt. selfish fuck

31. G7 Says:

>>wow, “a star is born” could’ve been more boring than it already is?

^that beat’s cheesy to me, but cole and jay handled it well. i could see wale spitting over it to. nhoc.

32. why? Says:

I gotta admit after a few listens of MOTM and Attention Deficit that on the first listen I was like this shit is good. After a few listens within a short amount of time my interest decreased and it had gone from good to ok. Lol. I tried not hating Drake but sometimes my hate for the dudes music comes out spontaneously. I think if it wasn’t for his part on Forever than I would still have contempt for the dudes music.

33. G7 Says:

My Darlin Baby – Lil Wayne and Drake

I don’t know why that song’s not a number 1 hit, I really dont.

====
    *forgets what song sounds like*

*checks youtube*

34. Brooklyn Strong aka The Elder Says:

Wale Says:

November 10th, 2009 at 1:11 pm
    cOLD Says:

November 10th, 2009 at 1:09 pm
    why is there another wale post.

^cause my album drops today

I hope this works…these posts cost alot of money
    =====================================
    dead

35. J Dela Says:

SMH at this cat saying he would’ve had a top song… also complaining all day on twitter about album availability… triple c’s should hire him to spin their bad numbers

36. Smoke Greene Says:

37. Smoke Greene Says:

My Darlin Baby – Lil Wayne and Drake

I don’t know why that song’s not a number 1 hit, I really dont.
    ====================================
    Lack of a real hook for starters

38. KzA Says:

the sample in “My Darlin Baby” mangles the fuck out of my face every time nh

39. BARPAN Says:

i really dont understand how anybody could have any interest in his music..n no shots..but i tried cause he seems like a positive bruva w a good message ..but musically a flatline on a heartmonitor is mroe entertaining than wale

40. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

LMMFBAO @ Nah….. Crushed this guys feelings

41. Joe 88 Says:

sofurious.com/2009/11/06/this-is-our-future-3/

*lowers head*

I swear my child is not listening to rap or R&B music until there 17. My homeboy flipped out when he heard his 5 y/o daughter singing “birthday sex”

42. why? Says:

Somewhat famous rappers shouldn’t be reading comments on blogs especially a blog like Nahright. Nobody wants to see a fucking twitter rant on why the artist hates the blog. Sometimes people on this just be posting shit from the top of their head or actually posting their honest opinions.

Well at least Nah is one of the best hip hop blogs and there are probably more views than comments.

43. KzA Says:

Sometimes Wale sounds like hes rapping at the mic from outside the booth…I cant understand you, stop talking through the glass

44. G7 Says:

>>Wale coulda had a decent album but he goes to the “radio friendly” well one too many times.

^signed to Roc Nation its something you kinda expect.

45. Smoke Greene Says:

They shoulda shelved “Rebirth”.

Get ready to clown Wayne when that shit drops.

46. RIGZ Says:

“Perfect Hair, to the 2nd power of Forever…”

DOOM >

47. Smoke Greene Says:

Especially if they’re gonna take the shit to heart.

48. Wale Says:

religion >

49. KzA Says:

Olubawale

50. why? Says:

I don’t know why but for a while now like one year some good music would be released and more basura would come in the same year and then the following year a lot of good shit comes out.

2008 > 2009 in music

2010 > 2009? I think so just look at some of the albums being released next year.

51. TheCo!!inB Says:

Wale really has haters….like, some people claim that people hate on them but this nigga has haters. How is it not obvious the nigga has skills? nobody heard Mixtape About Nothing or Back to the Feature?

52. KzA Says:

Back to the Feature was a pretty good tape actually..but it didnt help Wale’s case that every single track he got outshined by both the feature and the beat. Just sayin

53. PHENOMENON Says:

Anyone getting “COD: Modern Warfare 2″ today??

54. KzA Says:

PHENOMENON Says:

November 10th, 2009 at 1:32 pm
    Anyone getting “COD: Modern Warfare 2″ today??

*raises hand*

55. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Shades – Wale Feat. Christette Michelle

>>>>>

zshare.net/audio/68278480806ccb54/

56. TheCoolest Says:

Does anybody know how much Kanye charge for a beat?

57. FansOfTheseFreshmanAreAboutToGetDizzy Says:

THANK GOD HE DIDNT GET “A STAR IS BORN” ..LOL

Damn, Jay should give that beat to Drake and have Kanye Drake n Cudi kill that shit.

Sorry Wale, I think you are talented, but I don’t know, something about your rap style, flow, and lyrics just screams heavily watered down Lupe.

58. b-ease Says:

Lack of a real hook for starters

Normally I’d agree, but the back and forth and the soulfoulness are reminescent of “Oh Boy” to me, another song without a “real hook”. Thats the thing, the sample kind of makes the whole song a hook.

59. Brooklyn Strong aka The Elder Says:

PHENOMENON Says:

November 10th, 2009 at 1:32 pm
    Anyone getting “COD: Modern Warfare 2″ today??
    ======================================
    I think my son is buying me one but i’m not supposed to know. How was that netflix streaming movie on the ps3?

60. J Dela Says:

2008 > 2009 in music

cop road to the casket drops and state vs. radric davis in december, play it out until THANK ME LATER <3 <3 <3 drizzy!

61. D_Block_4_Life Says:

comments

62. D_Block_4_Life Says:

keeps commenting

63. b-ease Says:

nobody heard Mixtape About Nothing

That’s the thing (sorry for the repeat of phrase), most havent, well I should say, most of his “haters” havent. Dude spits lava on that tape.

I just copped Attention Deficit at lunch btw.

64. J Dela Says:

Does anybody know how much Kanye charge for a beat?

prolly nothin/ A GRIP — when’s the last time he did a beat for some other than jay (and roc nation)/G.O.O.D.? cater iii?

65. J-Focus Says:

Mixtape about nothing was hot. I like Wale (less than I did before), but I’m afraid this dude is taking the Charles Hamilton route lately. Complaining about anonymous commenters? Twitter rants? basically ethering yourself during the BET cypher? dude needs to chill, do his thing, and get off twitter.

66. CHILE ! Says:

Wale’s nice, dudes really hate on him attention deficit its a pretty good album with substance and cool features have a soulfood vibe on it

67. Belize Says:

lol @ naw

68. DFreshh Says:

#attentiondeficit

69. word_up Says:

IM SORRY BUT WALE HAS NO SKILLS.I THINK HE GOT IN THE GAME FROM GIVING MARK RONSON & CO ORAL SEX PROLLY.

70. word_up Says:

HE IS SAYIN HE WOULD HAVE THE HOTTEST SONG IF HE GOT THAT BEAT.YEA ,BECAUSE DRAKE & CUDI WOULD BE ON IT!

71. J-Focus Says:

“…this is Wale at his best. Not as a preening star filling in the gaps for a king-making debut. A regular person, with doubts and sadness, joy and confidence. There’s just not enough of it on Attention Deficit.”

Pitchfork review

72. spirit equality Says:

^damn military missed maddddd warning signs from this psycho

^ calling a guy who shoots people who were paid to shoot other people ‘psycho’ seems a little bit ridiculous. why not do like the politicians do and just call it an “undeclared war” and say the victims were “collateral damage”? war is stupid. militaries are stupid. trying to make murder authorized by politicians seem any saner than other forms of murder is not a very strong logical argument. it’s all retarded.

73. spirit equality Says:

My Darlin Baby – Lil Wayne and Drake

I don’t know why that song’s not a number 1 hit, I really dont.
    ====================================
    Lack of a real hook for starters

^ ^ never heard “a milli”

74. Canadian Kush Says:

stop calling rappers by there real names it’s really stupid.

75. Eviction Notice Says:

This nigga wanted 15000 to do a show in charleston sc we said nah and offered him 5000 and his management accepted…stay losing wale