Wale ft. John Mayer – Letter (prod. Mark Ronson)

wale-attention-deficit

Karen got her hands on a record that was meant for Attention Deficit (November 10th), but didn’t make it for whatever reason.

Wale feat. John Mayer – Letter (prod. Mark Ronson)

65 Responses to “Wale ft. John Mayer – Letter (prod. Mark Ronson)”

1. Wale Says:

chea

2. Wale Says:

i had to exclude this track after all the recent press about Mayer kissing a dude at the gay club

i don’t want that type of attention

3. Wale Says:

if Mark Ronson dies imma just change the title of this to Letter to Mark Ronson

4. Dre Says:

All those comments are actually Beezy in case anybody’s wondering.

5. Daily Drug Says:

If this nig dont blow heavily || he has himself to blame

The nigg gets the most alternative cosigns/connections of any of the
    blog-comeup rappers

6. TheCo!!inB Says:

*co!!inbs it up*
    *wishes people on nah loved my beats like they do Ghost’s*
    *takes no steps to prove I got beats*
    *daps Ghost for being ill with the music*

7. Daily Drug Says:

if Mark Ronson dies imma just change the title of this to Letter to Mark Ronson

^I gotta get outta here

8. Roof do the Houdini Says:

What other beats you got ghost

el you gonna lay something over that Ghost inst?

10. Ghost Writer Says:

*is back now*

11. Daily Drug Says:

TheCo!!inB Says:

October 26th, 2009 at 4:34 pm
    *co!!inbs it up*
    *secretly wished people on nah loved my beats like they do Ghosts*
    *takes no steps in proving I got beats*
    *daps Ghost for being ill with the music*

^link ‘em up my ninj

12. Chris Cash Says:

cOLD does Ghost use any hardware or a controller or just FL studio and keyboard?

^ just fruityloops studio, … but yo I got an Ensoiq ASRX for sale if you tryna be the next dilla.

nah I just wanted to know, beat was dope and Im not really into software programs that big, I just got reason 4 and a MPK 61 trying to convert.

13. Ghost Writer Says:

Roof do the Houdini Says:

October 26th, 2009 at 4:38 pm
    What other beats you got ghost

I’ll send you some when I get home

14. DJ Semtex » WALE [FEAT JOHN MAYER] - LETTER [PROD BY MARK RONSON] Says:

[...] Props : Nah [...]

I just got reason 4 and a MPK 61 trying to convert.

^ I see I said.

16. Highsaiah Thomas Says:

# cOLD Says:
    October 26th, 2009 at 4:38 pm

el you gonna lay something over that Ghost inst?

^^Yea..I got 3 “freestyles” ready from the GW tape already..dunno how Im gonna record them yet tho..I dont wanna dl FL..only prgram I got now that can probably do it is Sony Vegas

17. Wale Says:

Dre u snitch, its me nigga…Wale

18. Ghost Writer Says:

TheCo!!inB Says:

October 26th, 2009 at 4:36 pm
    *co!!inbs it up*
    *wishes people on nah loved my beats like they do Ghost’s*
    *takes no steps to prove I got beats*
    *daps Ghost for being ill with the music*

*daps everyone for the props*

19. Roof do the Houdini Says:

cold send me some ghost beats

20. Harlem World Says:

All those comments are actually Beezy in case anybody’s wondering

Potent ether.

21. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

Wale Says:

October 26th, 2009 at 4:34 pm
    if Mark Ronson dies imma just change the title of this to Letter to Mark Ronson

Dre Says:

October 26th, 2009 at 4:35 pm
    All those comments are actually Beezy in case anybody’s wondering.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA totally fucking dies at wale’s comment and then dead a thousand times at dre’s nonchalant response ratting the nicca out

22. Highsaiah Thomas Says:

Back in the day I had this ill karaoke machine from Japan we used to record on..shit was like a mini studio.

Nigga gon have to carry his laptop into the bathroom and lay that fire acapella…then drop the beat in after prolly.

23. Ghost Writer Says:

Chris Cash Says:

October 26th, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Yeah reson 4 is dope…I don’t sample with it though…I’m trying to buy the mpc 2500 from my home boy but he acting funny like he doesn’t want to yet…

24. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

twitter.com/JOHNcmayer

this fool got over 2.5M followers – WOW

^ let ya boy scribe a verse, just for archival puposes. My rapper window has lapsed, but there is no roof (no nah commentor) for fledging producer

26. Highsaiah Thomas Says:

on the GOTAN beat? or just in general?..see cause the beat tape is a beat tape..some of the beats aren’t in song format so..I didnt even listen to GOTAN to see if it had 2 verses..does it?

I was gonna only use 16′s from whichever beat I was gonna rap on.

27. Roof do the Houdini Says:

i feel like im on thee truman show

28. Chris Cash Says:

why not get a controller they are alot cheaper

on the GOTAN beat?

^ nah i’m kidding… I dont want to murder you o.y.o.s.

why not get a controller they are alot cheaper

^by controller you mean plug-in?

31. Roof do the Houdini Says:

niggas exposing themselves

Roof do the Houdini Says:

October 26th, 2009 at 4:49 pm
    i feel like im on thee truman show

^ whats your former screename?

33. Chris Cash Says:

yeah a plug-in

34. Highsaiah Thomas Says:

# Roof do the Houdini Says:
    October 26th, 2009 at 4:49 pm

i feel like im on thee truman show

^^Someone watching us right now…watch though, when you see me, cOLD and GW next year on stage at BB Kings with OJ da Joo man.

Roof do the Houdini Says:

October 26th, 2009 at 4:51 pm
    niggas exposing themselves

^ you acting like Amp right now b.

36. Roof do the Houdini Says:

whats your former screename?
    “””””””””””
    ha you tell me

37. Daily Drug Says:

Mr. cOLD esq.,

We are interested in arranging a meeting with Ghost Writer for a possible in house production deal. We enjoyed his music production and see potential for major album release placement as well as beverage, sneaker and apparel advertising. Please contact us at 212-683-2276. We appreciate your assistance with this matter in advance.

Micheal henley,
    Blog Baller Music Inc.

38. Roof do the Houdini Says:

LMFAO

39. landLORD Says:

Roof do the Houdini = Phuque

40. Ghost Writer Says:

Chris Cash Says:

October 26th, 2009 at 4:49 pm

why not get a controller they are alot cheaper

Never knew that was possible…you got a link?

ha you tell me

^ is this the part where I we go back and forth on a trivial question? or should I just take this as a sign and bounce.

42. TheCo!!inB Says:

as far as rapping, I think there’s a beauty to throwing song structure out the window and just rocking to the beat period. study what the beat does and write accordingly. don’t sit there tellin me “I need the beat to drop here” cause I probably will just *blank stare* you…….but sometimes song structure works better.

43. Highsaiah Thomas Says:

Micheal henley,
    Blog Baller Music Inc.

^^you need more jew sounding named people

^word

one yaselves people.

48. Highsaiah Thomas Says:

^^naw all im saying is if me and him gon spit we need a beat that has 32 bars of spit time ..thas all

49. Ghost Writer Says:

Land send me an e-mail (n) or let me know if I sent it to the right one

50. Chris Cash Says:

just google akai mpd they are moderating the link

51. young fucker Says:

wale album gon be mad!!!

52. Roof do the Houdini Says:

nah u tell me

53. TheCo!!inB Says:

I almost signed a production deal once to be in house but didn’t because there’s no way i’m going to responsible for creating the sound of a label with major distribution and not own at least 25% of said label. that’s just dumb business. won’t Mannie Fresh me you won’t

54. Daily Drug Says:

Nahright is the devil, thats 3 hours gone

55. Daily Drug Says:

TheCo!!inB Says:

October 26th, 2009 at 5:01 pm

^what about the potential for making a brand name so you can eventually dip out to do your own thing?

56. Ghost Writer Says:

TheCo!!inB Says:

October 26th, 2009 at 5:01 pm

yO send me something to hear (n) or post it

57. &What?! Says:

Warren Buffett is filthy filthy rich, 40 billion dollars. Wow.

58. Ghost Writer Says:

I’m working on a mixtape right now….I’m thinking if I should drop it on Halloween or some shit

59. Ghost Writer Says:

I don’t promote that much because I want to have a bunch of beats behind me waiting (n) so if rappers start apporaching me I’ll be ready….still feel like I need a lot more beats….

60. J. Caesar Says:

not a bad song haven’t been up on any wale music since the mixtape about nothing..i dunno i guess i suffered from attention defecit *no shots*

61. Da Says:

i can see why it didnt make the album

62. T Says:

This song is dope

63. New New : “Letter,” Wale ft. John Mayer « illist90skd Says:

[...] Attention Deficit, due Nov. 10th. Wale spits an open letter to Obama, Pac and hip-hop in general. Nah Right again. Click [...]

64. Abe Spiegel Says:

WTF..Why Is This Not On THe Album….This Is Objectively Good

65. Blk Mr CLean Says:

This song goes hard. Wale is crazy not putting this on the album