Rock The Bells Founder: Joe Budden & Raekwon Beef Squashed

joebudden-raekwon-walks-in
Credit: PreZZure/RR

While both Joe Budden and Raekwon have yet to speak to XXL since their altercation over the weekend, there is one man that says both parties were able to put their differences aside. Founder and owner of Rock the Bells Chang Weisberg spoke to XXLMag.com today (August 10), after the tour concluded with it’s last stop in San Francisco on Sunday and expressed that both camps have sat down and squashed any problems.

Weisberg said at first both rappers were not being cooperative, but before Sunday’s show he was able to get Budden and Rae in a room to shake to settle their differences and shake hands. “It was heated,” he told XXL, “people were not feeling some situations and at the end of the day sometimes the best action is no action at least in L.A. But in San Francisco, yes, everybody got in a room, there were a lot of discussions and were able to keep it moving. “

“I don’t believe they’ll be any more issues moving forward,” he continued.

Weisberg credits several key people for being able to defuse the tension. “At the end of the day a lot of other really good people got involved and made sure that we kept things on a positive note,” he said. “You walked into hip-hop summer camp, From KRS-One to Busta Rhymes, to Joell [Ortiz], to Royce [da 5”9”] to our entire staff, there’s a lot of people that have a lot of really good relationships. Helped to lend perspective. “

When asked if he would invite them back for next year’s festival Chang exclaimed, “Abso-fucking-lutely.”

As XXLMag.com previously reported Budden was punched on the side of his eye and his shoulder by an associate of Rae on Saturday, backstage in L.A. The New Jersey rapper and eyewitness Mickey Factz claim the fight was over comments Joe made prior to his face-to-face meeting with Method Man. Budden was reportedly forced to apologize on Rae’s IceWaterTV. As of press time, footage has yet to surface.

Jesse Gissen, XXL

95 Responses to “Rock The Bells Founder: Joe Budden & Raekwon Beef Squashed”

1. GorillaJoe aka Chief Ali Says:

lmao@hermans calling their ‘extra’ appendage a ‘peener’

*death ensues*

2. CiCi The Intern Says:

Aww, ain’t that cute.

3. ( o )( o ) Says:

^ mmmm

This was just sent to me. L squared:

imgur.com/6zjNO.jpg

5. J.B. Says:

Insults in 5,4,3,2,……

6. Mr. Brooklyn Strong to you under 25 yr old Nahggers Says:

How can it be squashed if nobody from Rae side got punched back in the eye?

7. I Fux Says:

^^^^^^^^^

Escape Route no???? lol

*daps rex* How was the show?????

8. Hoskins Says:

Rae is Ransom in this episode, looking at his punchman like he is slapman

on some I should never have brought this nigga vibe

9. lo k Says:

*daps the mayor*

10. Geronimo P Says:

This was just sent to me. L squared:

imgur.com/6zjNO.jpg

^hahahaha, how the hell you get fired on facebook.

11. Hoskins Says:

Rae is Ransom in this episode

^^^ Buddens was the man closing the door, he had to “just go get that nigga apology”

12. ( o )( o ) Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 10th, 2009 at 4:53 pm
    This was just sent to me. L squared:

imgur.com/6zjNO.jpg

^ *Jumps out of office window*

13. Ghost Writer Says:

Damn

14. Beezy Says:

co-sign fux, Kadashian’s next man is white

15. Big_seth Says:

Mickey Factz look like an black outttake from Mortal Kombat (the game) in the corner.

TOASTY!!!

16. I Fux Says:

Yo Seth Gueko’s comments GNR for real everytime.

17. GorillaJoe aka Chief Ali Says:

I’m sorry, if I was Joe and they got me in the room with Raekwon [ll], I would’ve stole off his ass [ll]

Then shit would be ‘squashed’

18. Seth Gueko Says:

footage of the punch will be soon on the net

19. I Fux Says:

Yo Beezy or maybe Yeezy. he was texting her all kinds of hours of the day. Straight Jack the Power Couple Spotlight

20. BMUSE Says:

I wasn’t in the room but i was there when they were walking up and the whole backstage was waiting for something to go down lol

21. D_block_4_life aka heat the track up like adobo/sazon/SOFRITO Says:

*patiently waits until midnight for Escape Route*

22. I Fux Says:

How did this get out of hand like that?

buddens is the COOLER. nigga should go work at a casino with his vibe

23. nirun Says:

oh man those red spice ads need to go, foulll

24. Big_seth Says:

also LMMFAO @ Mickey Factz fighting anyone.

sorry Factz… but I don’t think those dudes would have even looked your way if things got that bad.

25. Seth Gueko Says:

nahright.com/news/2009/08/09/curreny-wiz-khalifa-how-fly-mixtape/ first flight next

26. Big_seth Says:

# I Fux Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Yo Seth Gueko’s comments GNR for real everytime.

That kid really need to step his grammar & coherent thought game up.

& call him lil’ seth.

27. b-ease Says:

imgur.com/6zjNO.jpg

the shit to make ur soul burn slow…

28. YaBoy88 Says:

Honestly, Wu gets respect for what they’ve achieved.. but what Rae did was sheer pussy. He went in 6 deep against buddens and .. mickey factz (no shots). So Rae seeing the situation as a real street dude knows that slaughterhouse isn’t there, and he can shoot Joe the one if that’s how he felt…..BUT that doesn’t happen, the biggest fuck in the crew starts it off and nothing else happens?? Who was holding them dudes back from whoopin Joe’s ass?

“Rae: Yea shunnn, you got em’… you got em’…… in the eye.. we good, we out !!”

..sheer pussy

29. Beezy Says:

“Rae: Yea shunnn, you got em’… you got em’…… in the eye.. we good, we out !!”

^*dead*

30. b-ease Says:

Joe was humiliated. However u feel about rae’s actions, this is fact.

31. Digital Scales Says:

LMAO @ Billz

32. GorillaJoe aka Chief Ali Says:

# I Fux Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Yo Seth Gueko’s comments GNR for real everytime.

That kid really need to step his grammar & coherent thought game up.
    ————————————————————————————–

rofl!!!!!

33. Beezy Says:

stop stanning for Rae, Bernard, 6 on 1 is a pussy move and you know it.

throw hands one on one, i’ll respect that

34. Beezy Says:

“coherent thought game” LMFAO

35. Ghost Writer Says:

I don’t want to hear the words gun, fight, punch, kick, kill, stab, push, violent, die, hard(pause), Wu-tang, Ransom, Saigon, or beef out this man Joe Budden’s mouth…dude is far from real….he’s a phony….talk shit but can’t back it up (no homo)

36. Digital Scales Says:

How is it pussy to go see a nigga with your boys?

Wow some of ya are some real budden stanelys shame on ya forreal

Shoutouts to Gillie for roasting one of the youngans for being a “Blood” in Philly. Gillie seems to be genuine even during his shenanigans.

“don’t believe that shit, MUSLIMS run Philly” (c) weed carrier

38. Ghost Writer Says:

How dafuck you let your man’s famliy get slap because of YOU and don’t do shit….the fuck?

39. CiCi The Intern Says:

Beezy Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:14 pm
    “coherent thought game” LMFAO

*jacks*

40. b-ease Says:

Digital Scales Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:14 pm
    How is it pussy to go see a nigga with your boys?

Wow some of ya are some real budden stanelys shame on ya forreal

I’m sayin’!

41. Mark Twain Fame Says:

House of Flying Eye Jammers

42. CiCi The Intern Says:

D. Billz Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:17 pm

“don’t believe that shit, MUSLIMS run Philly” (c) weed carrier

Have you been keeping up with the Joey Jihad/Meek Mill bullshit lately.

Its the reason why Philly rappers will never be shit…

43. Big_seth Says:

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Beezy Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:14 pm
    “coherent thought game” LMFAO

*jacks*

feel free… Just cite your source (Big_seth) so there is no confusion

44. b-ease Says:

throw hands one on one, i’ll respect that

it doesn’t seem like the went there to jump dude. Something went wrong and ONE dude duffed Joey.

45. D_block_4_life aka heat the track up like adobo/sazon/SOFRITO Says:

Ease, what are your snobbish thoughts on The International and The Knowing?

Wowwwww… did this nigga just say the first time he banged (nh) was on Morgan State’s campus? You joined the Bloods in college? I mean, the Kappas wasn’t active that year?

*takes L for Black men*

47. Mark Twain Fame Says:

Only Built for Buddens Face

48. YaBoy88 Says:

How is it pussy to go see a nigga with your boys?

Wow some of ya are some real budden stanelys shame on ya forreal

Far from a budden stan, though I am from Jersey…but seriously I’m really not, But your correct it wouldnt be pussy if you see a nigga with your boys… BUT that didn’t happen, he(Rae) didn’t see anybody.. his weed carrier who’ll soon have a ‘rap career’ off this *smh* snuck a kiddie punch which barely grazed his cornea..

BUT I guess Rae is a boss and that wasn’t pussy whatsoever..

49. GorillaJoe aka Chief Ali Says:

Digital Scales Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:14 pm
    How is it pussy to go see a nigga with your boys?

Wow some of ya are some real budden stanelys shame on ya forreal

I’m sayin’!
    ———————————————————–

nah, yall some Rae stanleys

Rae had the problem with Joe, Rae should’ve been the one to knuckle up, not some unstable weed carrier who’s album will never see the light of day. Rae planned this shit and its perfect timing considering he’s got an album coming out soon and could use a publicity stunt like this to put said project to the forefront.

50. Mark Twain Fame Says:

Ease, what are your snobbish thoughts on The International and The Knowing?

*puts face in work fan*

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:19 pm

D. Billz Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:17 pm

“don’t believe that shit, MUSLIMS run Philly” (c) weed carrier

Have you been keeping up with the Joey Jihad/Meek Mill bullshit lately.

Its the reason why Philly rappers will never be shit…

^I’m glad you brought that up because right after I finish “smh” at the reminder of this Gillie clip, I’m peepin’ that next. I haven’t been on WSHH in damn near a month so when I log on there today I see a week’s worth of fuckery that I missed. I wish this damn library connection wasn’t on auto-tard.

52. PHENOMENON Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:17 pm

*jacks*

^ ^
    What’s a guy gotta do to get some “service” around here??

53. b-ease Says:

D_block_4_life aka heat the track up like adobo/sazon/SOFRITO Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:20 pm
    Ease, what are your snobbish thoughts on The International and The Knowing?

*dead*

but for real I haven’t peeped either, been meaning to grab both out the redbox. I heard they were dope tho, ur thoughts?

54. Big_seth Says:

# Mark Twain Fame Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:19 pm

House of Flying Eye Jammers

LOL.

Honestly I don’t think its a bitch move on budden’s part. He should have expected this to happen sooner or later though. He pops a lot of shit. It was wrong of Rae to get a group of niggas, but Joey getting touched (II) was bound to happen eventually.

& I know it sounds dumb, but my instincts would have told me “these niggas are about to jump you. Fight back while you can. Your only hope of surviving is the element of surprise.” LOL

55. Mark Twain Fame Says:

nah, yall some Rae stanleys

says Nahgrodamus who sees and knows all on the internets

56. Big Homie Says:

my 20 weeks of drug/alcohol rehab ends tonight. congrats to me

57. Mark Twain Fame Says:

# Big_seth Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:22 pm

# Mark Twain Fame Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:19 pm

House of Flying Eye Jammers

LOL.

Mickey should have had his Ninja suit on…

58. YaBoy88 Says:

nah, yall some Rae stanleys

Applaud this man!

59. Mag Says:

Had this been any other rapper they would have been dropped of the tour.

60. Mark Twain Fame Says:

congrats to Hello my Name is Big Homie

61. Ghost Writer Says:

I got mind control over Raekwon

62. Mark Twain Fame Says:

# Mag Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Had this been any other rapper they would have been dropped of the tour.

u talkin about Rae or Joey?

63. CiCi The Intern Says:

Sacario taking shots at Budden? Oh God…

“this why I love Baltimore, because aint nobody call the cops… they was like hurry up and do what yall doin’ because the cops gone come”

SMFH.

65. Beezy Says:

I dont care if it was fucking Drake that got popped like that…going to see 1 nigga with 6 goons, and then throwing punches in a situation where it is 6 on 1 is straight pussy, period.

Im not even a Budden fan like that.

66. Eastern_Digital Says:

Have you been keeping up with the Joey Jihad/Meek Mill bullshit lately.

Its the reason why Philly rappers will never be shi

I thoguht Meek Mill is on house arest?!

67. Mark Twain Fame Says:

Pinky Ring…

68. NovemberEnd aka Respect The Architect Never Test The Elohim Says:

SAVE OUR SHIP

69. GorillaJoe aka Chief Ali Says:

Mark Twain Fame Says:

says Nahgrodamus who sees and knows all on the internets

—————————————————————————

smh @ huckleberry finn acting like the shit’s far fetched

this has been many a rapper’s game plan nowadays

word to 50 showing up at DJ Khaled’s mother’s workplace and Rick Ross hopping out the tourbus in Detroit on 8 mile rd

70. I Fux Says:

Yo on the real Ice Water sold 5 cd’s as of this little fracas. No shots

“so you was the Morgan State gangsta”

*dapz an electric eel*

72. Beezy Says:

i def dont have a problem with budden getting checked…even if it wasnt by rae…but only if its one on one

6 on 1 is pussy.

id also condone it if afterwards rae was like “yeah im a bitchass nigga, but i wanted to see him get punched and i dont have the sac to do that”

i would respect his honesty

73. Mag Says:

u talkin about Rae or Joey?
    Rae.

He’s done RTB before

74. Taster's Choice [||] Says:

yo buck marley look exactly like fux, no shots at bay-bro (natch) who happens to be a seriously handsome young bachelor

75. I Fux Says:

Ghostface took off on Mase’s face. No Problem.
    I respected that

76. NovemberEnd aka Respect The Architect Never Test The Elohim Says:

I Fux Says:

August 10th, 2009 at 5:30 pm
    Yo on the real Ice Water sold 5 cd’s as of this little fracas. No shots
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    FUCK SALES

77. CiCi The Intern Says:

Eastern_Digital Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:29 pm
    Have you been keeping up with the Joey Jihad/Meek Mill bullshit lately.

Its the reason why Philly rappers will never be shi

I thoguht Meek Mill is on house arest?!

He is on house arrest … he recorded videos in his crib taking shots at Jihad because Jihad took a shot at him looking bummy in the crib. It’s so damn tired.

78. Danielson a.k.a. My Blog Game Proper™ Says:

Im not even a Budden fan like that.

yesssss (c) Bawse

but i would of still expected buddens to swing or do something.

79. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

Im not even a Budden fan like that.
    co-sign

but at the same time I don’t really expect Rae to fight anybody, he looks like his hearts about to explode

80. Mark Twain Fame Says:

# I Fux Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Ghostface took off on Mase’s face. No Problem.
    I respected that

respectable gooney goon behavyah

# Eastern_Digital Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Have you been keeping up with the Joey Jihad/Meek Mill bullshit lately.

Its the reason why Philly rappers will never be shi

I thoguht Meek Mill is on house arest?!

^He is. But I think he made the vlog from his crib. And that ninja better get in shape before the label drop him. They wanted him to be the Philly lyrical version of Wayne. Not a gettin’-chubby nigga on house arrest.

82. I Fux Says:

im not fighting 6 niggas unless i am about to get ass raped then its on or im gone

83. Mark Twain Fame Says:

# NovemberEnd aka Respect The Architect Never Test The Elohim Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:33 pm

I Fux Says:

August 10th, 2009 at 5:30 pm
    Yo on the real Ice Water sold 5 cd’s as of this little fracas. No shots
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    FUCK SALES

that shit is in bold…be careful fuxie…BEVEWYCAREFUWL!

84. Mark Twain Fame Says:

# I Fux Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:36 pm

I’ll fight 6 guys if they take a piece of my pizza…its on!

85. jredmond Says:

one on one is simply not realistic. do y’all even know what beef is? How many fights pop off like that, and how often does shooting the fair one really happen. like, never. What if Rae came at him solo with the burner to intimidate his ass, would that have been fair? 6 on 1 is far more fairer than most of the shit that goes on out there.

86. - keka - Says:

for real… u gots to swing.. only the panty wearing dudes say “6 to 1 he did the right thing.” not to start beef but…u back stage.. im sure u got dudes around.. even if they not there.. and security.. how bad can they posibly beat u up.. u gots to swing back!!

yeah yeah yea.

87. Mr. Brooklyn Strong to you under 25 yr old Nahggers Says:

Ghost Writer Says:

August 10th, 2009 at 5:17 pm
    ==============================
    This is probably the reason Joe was in the room by himself instead of with his 6 niggas. He’s busy promoting Tahiry and being the vlog king. I don’t know of any rappers he put on. Also as far as Rae putting his hands on Joe. Why would he that would open him up to arrest or lawsuit. I’m no Rae stan at all but it was a smart move by rae anybody that was gonna cop raes cd still will and any budden haters will cop it too so they can hear the dude that got Joe punched. And if Buddens aint a got no thug blood in him why he rap like he does? And 6 on 1 aint pussy out of 6 dudes only one dude punched Joe they didn’t wash him up like they couldve and He shouldve swung back at somebody. Smdh some of you dudes must’ve lived on cotton candy ave cause shit like this go down everyday in the hood

88. Nah Right » Video: Raekwon - Blood On Chef’s Apron Freestyle Says:

[...] IceWaterTV’s latest vlog after the jump. (Not what you’re expecting…) [...]

89. Nah Right » Video: Joe Budden Speaks On “Incident” Says:

[...] Previously: Rock The Bells Founder: Joe Budden & Raekwon Beef Squashed [...]

90. Balls Deep Says:

How was it six on one. the other guys in the room were watching Joe get punch. If it was really 6 on 1 the other guys in the room would have rushed joe right from the gate once that punch was thrown. It was really
    6-3 the other guys in joes party were also in the room when reakwon got to the room.

91. BIC Says:

Rae’s buns for this. He should’ve hit buddens if the beef was over Meth…but he let his bodyguard do it? lame…And Budden is buns for posting about it with a ice pack on his eye…Buncha Buns Ol’ heads

92. L.P.CROOKS Says:

The longer this bullshit goes on I start to think that Wu is worried about another “group” of individual MC’s gettin shine

Daps Nahregs*

93. Eviction Notice Says:

I got snooked like that once, got played by a bitch, ex girl and shit, straight lured me to her place, walk in the room lights is out, nigga hidin behind the door came out and yoked me then like six niggas came out the bathroom, straight clowns, that’s the most bitch shit ever. I feel Joey sayin he apologized and felt he wasn’t in a place to talk shit, I don’t give a fuck how hard you say u are that’s a fucked up situation… 6 on 1, then a mutual friend said these niggas went around braggin and shit like they hard… The funny thing is these kids caught wind that i had some real niggas looking for em and the phone started blowin up with apologies… Fuck Rae for even approaching buds like that, no Stan but I think if buds wasn’t such a bloggin, Internet cat, and if he quit beefin and gettin involved in bs, the nigga might have some stans, that’s why niggas hate, the dude better than half the bullshit that’s around…

94. djbomba Says:

chang weisberg is the bees knees!

95. Escape with Budden, it’s not bad. Well… « Zebra Is Food Says:

[...] that you wouldn’t have noticed him, for he’s a social hermit, a perpetual loser. His recent scuffle with Wu-Tang, specifically Raekwon and Inspectah Deck, has added fervor to the plethora of anti-Budden sentiment that has residualy festered ever since [...]