Video: Mariah Carey feat. Gucci Mane – Obsessed

via Yardie

87 Responses to “Video: Mariah Carey feat. Gucci Mane – Obsessed”

1. Aram "Mr. Coke is a Popular Drug" aka Alfable Alpaca aka Congenial Complexion Says:

I just see a big red ass square.

Peac Luv , Rev Run………….

*chunks duece*

2. No_neva-eva Says:

JDS Says:
    July 23rd, 2009 at 7:58 pm
    i really hope Blue Eagles isn’t on Cuban Linx 2 seeing as how long its been out. As for that other track Surgical Gloves, its dope as shit, but it ain’t Cuban Linx nigga.

^^^^^

Yo but all I’ve ever heard of Blue Eagles is 1 verse and then it fades out at the end of the 2nd..is there a full version out there?

3. No_neva-eva Says:

BURR!

4. baby jesus Says:

wwowowowowow

leading lady>>

5. Digital Scales Says:

Gucci verse is just so fucking god awwwful

6. Breaux Brosephson the !! Says:

I aint that little pregnant white bitch but “juno”.
    This nigga fab is about to get a spot in my top 5….all his verses of late has been 5 star

7. D_block_4_life Says:

Lol ^

8. Ghost Writer Says:

I don’t even think he tried

9. NovemberEnd aka Respect The Architect Never Test The Elohim Says:

how do these wack azz niggas get on (nh)…like how does a A&R or record exec listens to a Gucci/OJ da Juiceman (smfh @ the name) verse/song and with a straightface give these niggas record contracts….they gotta be thinking “damn this shit is gaabage….but its selling like a mafucka”

10. JDS Says:

No_neva-eva Says:
    July 23rd, 2009 at 8:08 pm
    JDS Says:
    July 23rd, 2009 at 7:58 pm

^^^^^

^^^^^

not that i know of. the one i have on my ipod has a verse and then some talking at the end. if thats the same one that D_block posted then yeah, thats the only one i think.

11. lanski Says:

I really need to know how much Gucci got paid for this feature.

yall niggas lunchin punchin a clock (c)

12. No_neva-eva Says:

Well then I wanna hear the full version, on the album or wherever. That beat is nextest level.

13. Busta Cracka The English Smacka Says:

LF: Does anyone have the full version of that Nas “colours” track from the other day??

And Gucci should be buried alive for this verse..

14. Tong Po Flo Says:

8.His Actual Lyrical Ability

^ Shoo I dont think that even matter to the typical listener, as long as the joint is hot they will bump it

15. Danielson a.k.a. My Blog Game Proper™ Says:

gucci mane is the worst rapper on earth

16. D_block_4_life Says:

gucci mane is the worst rapper on earth
    For real though, like no bullshit…

17. zman Says:

Mef is one of the best ever, what do you mean he got chewed by the internet soldiers?

18. ironduke Says:

Nah man Gucci is dope

he’s got a definite original style about him, also charisma is there, he seems like a real dude

19. Danielson a.k.a. My Blog Game Proper™ Says:

none of these attributes you mention are relevant to the fact that he is shit at rapping.

the same cats that say Game is whack go in their whip and bump some Gucci. smh.

20. The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

bling bloa wow!

21. D_block_4_life Says:

Lol, word…

22. lanski Says:

*re-listens (maybe I’m being too critical)*

Nope, the shit is garbage.

Can’t really say shit he hustled and got paid for the bullshit.

9, 10, 11, 12 diamond chains on (c)

23. The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

Gucci is a pure emcee tho, he puts together solid songs (see: First Day Out).

this verse is terrible tho, thats for sure….but he gets it

24. Apollo Says:

*yells with watermelon seeds(pause)in my mouth*

GUCCI!

25. ironduke Says:

dude knows how to stand out and get people to like him with his lyrics. his content is real talk. also his choice of beats at times is real crazy, the way he flips it you can just feel it. it might require an open mind, but when youre there you might even catch how much freshness flows through some of his bars regardless.

he’s not big on the super heavy inverted compound syllable rhyming or whatever, but eloquence has never been a matter of skill.

flame on guys :p

26. ironduke Says:

Gucci is a pure emcee tho, he puts together solid songs (see: First Day Out).

this verse is terrible tho, thats for sure….but he gets it

First Day Out is his awesomest song imo

27. ajdf;kj Says:

eminem should get on this ha

28. JDS Says:

The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:
    July 23rd, 2009 at 8:51 pm

Gucci is a pure emcee tho, he puts together solid songs (see: First Day Out).

this verse is [b]terrible tho, thats for sure….but he gets it[/b]
    ————

this whole exchange reminded me of 2 high school teachers discussing over the water-cooler the “troubled boy” who puts his head down on his desk and doesn’t contribute the entire class. specifically the bold lol. but maybe i’m just daydreaming.

i wouldnt be surprised if Gucci was one of those kids in school though

29. Danielson a.k.a. My Blog Game Proper™ Says:

I can name 100 MCs with better ears for beats and another 100 that have better lyrical content than Gucci. He’s trash – the only way you could truly rep him is if he was from your hood/city.

name me one artist he’s better than in any of those departments – excluding yung berg and oj da juiceman.

30. JDS Says:

terrible tho, thats for sure….but he gets it

html loss

31. baby jesus Says:

Nah Right Lite

Judge drops Nas off at the cleaners

imout (c) d_b

32. Danielson a.k.a. My Blog Game Proper™ Says:

the only way you could rep him and be clinically sane is if he was from your hood/city.

*fixed

33. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

*Gucci manes it up*

*Eats Paint chips*

34. The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

it aint about that…its about mic presence. like I said, Gucci gets it. he controls the microphone. he’s an emcee. 90% of rappers today are NOT emcees.

on top of that he’s got a very clear, original, pithy lyrical style. some of it is straight coonery and to the passerby it sounds like garden variety southern bamma idiocy.

But if you actually sit down and listen to his work, you’ll understand what he’s doing and come to appreciate it

35. ironduke Says:

AYE
    maybe you shouldnt try to categorise him for the top 100, even though some powers that be might want you to
    AYE
    going off this single verse its hard to argue, given a broader view of his stuff I mightve made a better plea
    OKAYE

if i meet him, i’ma greet him, beat him, eat him up and leave him

37. Tong Po Flo Says:

*Gucci Mane’s it up*

*Rhymes bar with star*

*Thinks I can compete with NaS now*

38. CHILE ! Says:

Fuck this stupid ass mo’fucka, i can’t believe you guys still hype this bullshit up..yall critizes every rapper out, that actually put consistent music out and then ur hypin up this bullshit..i can’t believe this shit

39. The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

where’s my equal? i don’t see him, never met him, never meet him
    if i meet him, i’ma greet him, beat him, eat him up and leave him

BUR!

40. Tong Po Flo Says:

eat him up and leave him

^ ghey

41. lanski Says:

You can not over intellectualize Gucci Mane.

People like him as a joke.

When something is so horrible, it can easily become the shit.

As long as he realizes that 75% of he people that buy his music are laughing at him not with him. Cash Rules.

*Does the Biz Mark*

42. baby jesus Says:

Niggas care wayyy to much about what some other nigga listen 2.

43. GC Says:

why does mariah insist on doing duets with the ugliest niggas in the game?

44. No_neva-eva Says:

Why do dudes wanna talk about dudes being ugly or pretty? smh..

45. lanski Says:

As long as he realizes that 75% of the people that buy his music are laughing at him not with him. Cash Rules.

*fixed*

*Knocks Biz Mark’s greatest hits*

*actually contemplates downloading Gucci Mane*

*doesn’t, continues to wait for OB4CL2*

46. ironduke Says:

*Rhymes bar with star*
    *Thinks I can compete with NaS now*

the first one is funny, the second one is out of character. i reckon he could give a fuck about nAs

its humanly possible to like those artists that youre speaking of and Gucci

categorical thinking is just a way of your mind to make sense
    doesnt mean it cant be wrong

its part a commercial pressure of dumbing that shit down so that they
    control your consumption (the other part is social pressure related to your needs within your peer group)

for instance when Jay-Z, a rapper who you might respect, says there is only good or bad music, and every time theres an opp to break down musical barriers, do you know what hes speaking of?

47. NovemberEnd aka Respect The Architect Never Test The Elohim Says:

Danielson a.k.a. My Blog Game Proper™ Says:

July 23rd, 2009 at 8:58 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    CO-TO THE MOTHERFUCKING SIGN

48. Tong Po Flo Says:

^ Lol I know, I think Gucci is coo it’s just fun to clown dude

49. Vick Says:

trae day coverage…and gucci is dumb

50. The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

the funny thing is…I used to clown Gucci just like yall

…..then I actually downloaded a mixtape and gave him a listen.

51. I AM GERALD SALUTI Says:

This Nigga Nas got screwed, $40,000 a month… Well Damn! (c) Gucci

52. No_neva-eva Says:

The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:
    July 23rd, 2009 at 9:27 pm
    the funny thing is…I used to clown Gucci just like yall

…..then I actually downloaded a mixtape and gave him a listen.

Exactly. I think dudes got it twisted cause of the XXL cover w/ OJ, Shawty Lo, & Soulja Boy. None of those cats are even approaching Gucci on the mic.

53. I AM GERALD SALUTI Says:

*downloads two more Gucci mixtapes*

56. I AM GERALD SALUTI Says:

# Tong Po Flo Says:
    July 23rd, 2009 at 9:36 pm

Wondaful (c) Gucci. Co-sign this track to da death

^ link?

I think his best song lyrically. That ain’t sayin much, but still..

57. 40 Inc Says:

this is the hottest nigga in the game? r u fuckin kidding me? dude raps like dr suess how is this acceptable it like going into the nba and not knowing how to dribble WTF????

58. The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

that ill Cosby photo is beyond hilarious

59. ironduke Says:

Wondaful (c) Gucci. Co-sign this track to da death

60. I AM GERALD SALUTI Says:

Tong Po Flo Says:
    July 23rd, 2009 at 9:36 pm

Wondaful (c) Gucci. Co-sign this track to da death

^ link?

Type wonderful in the search box, its on NR

61. The marv Says:

The south stays winning…..New york got lyrics, but beat section is monotone. Delivery is dated and predictable. south tends to be witty also and have beats with movement and boom.

62. Tong Po Flo Says:

Type wonderful in the search box, its on NR

^ Thanks homie

63. The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

basically…..also the south is more open minded so they aren’t afraid to evolve and embrace various styles

64. illmatic since 1982 Says:

im sorry for being late But why in the fuck does Nas stay losing when it comes to females, fuck what everybody thinks i think hes the best that ever did it FUCK YOU if you dont like it , but damn 44,000 a month thats like what i make in a year goddamn. that shit hurt my heart when i heard that shit, Hes going to be paying that for like the next ten years or until she marries another rapper or white guy… Damn Nas, i should say nas would not give a fuck if i got divorced but im still human and i feel bad for that man Keep your head up

65. ironduke Says:

i second that
    predictable is boring
    you can keep the classics on repeat though you cant repeat em

66. GMZ Says:

Whatever…whose looking at Gucci anyway. Mariah is still one of the baddest chicks out son. She got at Em. No nigga wants a chick saying that you’re obsessed with her.

67. MNRN Says:

real niggas feel gucci all you internet thugs are irrelevant, just take a ride outside your suburban towns into the city and you will find that all these fake ass kanyes are not felt at all, let hood niggas get shine with no hate,

68. TheCo!!inB Says:

eskay, 2 thing:
    1.) wheddup?
    2.) go ahead and let that new Hov go.
    good look

69. GC Says:

# MNRN Says:
    July 23rd, 2009 at 9:56 pm

_________________

I didn’t know that Gucci fans had a monopoly on realness and/or nigganess. Thanks for that.

“If I don’t like it, I don’t like it. That don’t mean that I’m hatin’.” (c) Common.

70. GMZ Says:

I like that boy Gucci. The nigga is not nice, but he makes aiight songs. Really, Jeezy is my dude…he can’t rap either really…even though he’s nicer than Gucci. Nah none of these niggaz is Hov, but who the F is?

71. The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

how dude hold heat and preach nonviolence?
    shhh, he bout to start the speech c’mon, silence!

72. NovemberEnd aka Respect The Architect Never Test The Elohim Says:

The marv Says:

July 23rd, 2009 at 9:48 pm
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    agreed the ny flow/delivery is predictable and dated…but south witty gtfoh…b

73. NovemberEnd aka Respect The Architect Never Test The Elohim Says:

_________________

^^^^^^^
    LMAO!!

74. PHENOMENON Says:

This Nigga Nas got screwed, $40,000 a month… Well Damn! (c) Gucci

^ ^
    If I were President that would be one of my first orders of business.

These Child Support laws are ridiculous.

What child needs 4O,OOO dollars a month??!! And the laws are bias towards women.

Basically, Child = Meal Ticket.

The only way I would be ok with it is if the majority of the money went into a trust for the child and what ever monies used would be for the child’s needs. . . not whips, Prada bags, & etc.

75. GMZ Says:

Regardless….after this video and this track….Gucci Mane Welcome To Pop Culture…dare I say it…its about to be Gucci Mane and Drake season…

76. jfoxgotraps Says:

Gucci’s got lyrics:

red bezel on my jacob looking like a sliced tomato
    fuck a hater i blow acres of jamaica in decatur
    im so extraordinary while my bracelet so canary
    choppers that my niggas carry probably scare the military
    half your budget spent on luggage, spent your mortgage on a portrait
    purple bud look like an orchid, cant afford it? watch me torch it
    tell your shorty, gucci at her birthday party, cost her 40
    this imported foreign flying saucer make me feel important
    tell big booty gina from virginia if you ever see her
    i remember last november and i can’t wait till the sequel
    where’s my equal? i don’t see him, never met him, never meet him
    if i meet him, i’ma greet him, beat him, eat him up and leave hi
    really?…when i read this i thought you were being sarcastic. i can write something better than this in 45 minutes. You are high as fuck for the first time in ten years if you think that is something great. Gucci is trash. I say TRASH. Soulja boy>Gucci. and oh my goodness SB is bad. If you are a gucci fan u are part of the problem. Trust that.

77. ironduke Says:

being disrespectful is no way to argue, its weak (trust that)

i wont go as far as to imply that ur the trash, but definitely ur part of ‘the problem’

78. One20 Productions Says:

Dope. Mariah on the table.. Lookin’ good… Gucci Mane is the man!

79. Jerrell Jackson Says:

Its enough hate in here to bring the civil rights movement back wel damn lol !!!!

80. RealUptownKids Says:

BOUT TIME GUCCI GOT HIS JUST DUE… BURRRR

81. gurg Says:

Eminem vs Gucci!

82. White and on Nahright Says:

# Danielson a.k.a. My Blog Game Proper™ Says:
    July 23rd, 2009 at 8:58 pm

^^^^^^
    Eli Porter, Shawty Lo

83. Suki Babii Says:

yall some hataz fuck yall niggaz gon click on da link fa but u dont like gucci man yall pussys scKrait hataz BLING BLAOH MURR SO ICEY

84. Suki Babii Says:

PS half yall niggaz hatin prolly late on yall bills and da other half of yall hatin are on at da public library broke mufuckaz

85. Suki Babii Says:

86. killahc Says:

This shit is golden man. Look at Gucci in that fuckin suit HAHA. You’re all just jealous cause his style got him a chance to get close to That bangin’ body of Mariah Carey.

87. Nah Right » Eminem - The Warning (Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Diss) Says:

[...] Mariah Carey feat. Gucci Mane – Obsessed (Video) | Em Talks About “Bagpipes From Baghdad” & Nick Cannon [...]