Crooked I Interview @ XXL

We just threw up an interview with Crooked I over at the 9 to 5. He talks about getting props from Bun B and how he wants to ghostwrite for Snoop.

I could give him that ’07 Long Beach shit. ’Cause it’s a whole new day [in Long Beach]. It’s not 64 Impalas on Dayton’s. That shit is on the rack collecting dust right now. My niggas got Harley’s now. It’s not all khaki suits and Chuck Taylor’s. We wear Dickies shorts. We don’t always walk around looking mean all the time. We’re out here having fun instead of being stuck on that same shit that came out in ’94.

He also speaks on (hopefully) working with Just Blaze, and says that he doesn’t write any of the Weeklys.

Crooked I: So Amazing

Previously: Crooked I – Hip-Hop Weekly #17

56 Responses to “Crooked I Interview @ XXL”

1. CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

JOOKGAL!

2. CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

BigBatyGal! ….WINE’Ya’Badi’Gal…Wine!

3. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

dope

4. The-XFacta Says:

Not 1st!

5. The-XFacta Says:

Damn does Snoop need a ghostwriter?

6. Phuque Says:

Oh….I thought this was gonna be Hip-hop Weekly #57,843

7. 456 Says:

Oh….I thought this was gonna be Hip-hop Weekly #57,843

^LOL

8. CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

SKOOBY! …Shake’Dat’Booty….Turn’It’Roun…NewYark ladies….Wine’Go’Down!

9. nation Says:

>> and says that he doesn’t write any of the Weeklys.

wtf?

10. Phuque Says:

# nation Says:
    July 31st, 2007 at 12:21 pm

>> and says that he doesn’t write any of the Weeklys.

wtf?

^^co-sign

11. The-XFacta Says:

Am I the only one that didn’t know Eskay worked from XXL??

SMH @ Myself and accepting my late pass

12. Soul Clapper Says:

sean price knows what’s up.. dude stays in bratislava and dusseldorf

@ nation

Word.

When the black/white issue comes up in Hip Hop, a lot of people apply the racial climate that they experience on a daily basis to that. Rich white kids in the suburban US going to Wu-Tang shows, wanting to be down or w/e, stealing the culture etc.

I have to say Europe is not the United States, and you can’t apply that climate. In the UK, white folks came to Hip Hop at the same time black folks did (Not long after it grew beyond just NYC in all honestly) There is no major rich/poor divide between races like in the US. Most of the poor people in Europe are white, because most of Europe is white. There are no black people in Slovakia, but those kids will come out in their thousands for a Wu show or BCC. Young Joc ain’t selling records in Bratislava.

In the UK, if Pete Rock was playing a DJ set at a club, the split would be 50/50, or if not, certainly proportionately representative of the racial makeup of the country. If Ja Rule was playing, it would be 14 year old white girls. Harsh, but true.

Fuck it, I don’t even know what point I’m trying to make here. Other than the black/white fan thing may be specifivally an American issue.

13. Phuque Says:

# The-XFacta Says:
    July 31st, 2007 at 12:22 pm

Am I the only one that didn’t know Eskay worked from XXL??

SMH @ Myself and accepting my late pass

^^I’m not even gonna say anything.

Phuque Says:

July 31st, 2007 at 12:22 pm
    # nation Says:
    July 31st, 2007 at 12:21 pm

>> and says that he doesn’t write any of the Weeklys.

wtf?

^^co-sign

^^^ even more wtf (c) biggums

15. Phuque Says:

>>It’s not all khaki suits and Chuck Taylor’s. We wear Dickies shorts.

^^Wow….Dickies…..thats new.

16. ODEMIC Says:

The-XFacta Says:

July 31st, 2007 at 12:20 pm
    Damn does Snoop need a ghostwriter?

^Probably already has one. Rappers are lazy these days

17. 456 Says:

^^Wow….Dickies…..thats new.

^nah…the new shit is that they happy.

18. Phuque Says:

# ODEMIC Says:
    July 31st, 2007 at 12:26 pm

The-XFacta Says:

July 31st, 2007 at 12:20 pm
    Damn does Snoop need a ghostwriter?

^Probably already has one. Rappers are lazy these days

^^If Snoop already has a ghostwriter….whoever it is, they’re getting paid way too much.

>>wtf?

^read the interview

20. 456 Says:

that scowling is so 92

21. landLORD Says:

… still lmao @ Ghostface using a Ghostwriter …

22. Phuque Says:

# 456 Says:
    July 31st, 2007 at 12:28 pm

that scowling is so 92

^^LOL….happy is the new gangsta

23. The-XFacta Says:

@

Phuque Says:

July 31st, 2007 at 12:23 pm
    # The-XFacta Says:
    July 31st, 2007 at 12:22 pm

Am I the only one that didn’t know Eskay worked from XXL??

SMH @ Myself and accepting my late pass

^^I’m not even gonna say anything.

—————————

Say it man say it!!!! I ain’t scrrreeeerrred!

24. The-XFacta Says:

Vitamin Water is the new Black Fist!

25. The-XFacta Says:

Can’t leave blogs alone the game needs me!

26. pmass Says:

456 Says:

July 31st, 2007 at 12:28 pm
    that scowling is so 92

=====================

Remember guys…….a smile is a frown turned upside down (some stupid shit I heard when I was a kid)

27. Phuque Says:

Say it man say it!!!! I ain’t scrrreeeerrred!

^^lol…

*hands X-Facta late pass #17849327841073829104738901.7*

28. nation Says:

>> read the interview

no, but i take it that he just stands there and does the Jay-Z/Wayne/Biggie/Ja-Rule thing. Crooked I = 2007 Skillz

29. Big Homie Says:

30. Phuque Says:

^^Pretty much.

31. Phuque Says:

>>If you guys love the 36 Chambers album and Kung Fu flicks, you will like my latest post. Click my blue name

^^What if we want to click the red one?

32. ODEMIC Says:

^^What if we want to click the red one?

LMAO you phuquer!

Tay Zonday interview is way too long, but dude is cool.

34. Joe 88 Says:

*The bad guy walks in Nah Right mean muggin*

*Gives vets fives*

*Turns up Webbie “G-shit”*

Tell me waht you know about me? W-E-B-B-I-E, a.k.a trill E-N-T, young S-A-V-A-G-E niggaaaaaa!!!!!

35. Big Homie Says:

Phuque Says:

July 31st, 2007 at 12:38 pm

^^What if we want to click the red one?

^^ lol Phuque you…lol Sup homie?

36. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

All 17 of these hip hop weekly’s > any album released this year.

37. CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

….applaud that Laurie Ann chick, she called Puff, Corny…lol.

38. Joe 88 Says:

Having a crooked eye > listening to crooked I

*Turns up Dr Dre “Xxplosive”*

Niggas aint down with that

*Throws on all red khakis*

*Proceeds to throw up gang signs*

39. Joe 88 Says:

….applaud that Laurie Ann chick, she called Puff, Corny…lol.

^Yeah that was a classic moment in reality show history. I’m surprised puff aint get someone to edit that out

40. CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Joe 88 Says:

July 31st, 2007 at 12:58 pm
    ….applaud that Laurie Ann chick, she called Puff, Corny…lol.

LOL

41. Phuque Says:

>>Yeah that was a classic moment in reality show history. I’m surprised puff aint get someone to edit that out

^^It made for good TV

42. Mac Brown Says:

LF:
    Lindsey Lohan = party girlWhitney Houston/Maia Campbell = crack headParis Hilton’s sex tape = $ and great publicityJanet Jackson’s titty = lynch mob and black listingMark McGwire = once american hero now allowed to remain private after roids and all the evidence that was foundBarry Bonds = gets more investigation than Bin Laden with no real evidence

PROFOUND!

43. G7 Says:

Tay Zonday interview > Crooked I interview

44. Joe 88 Says:

Where is everybody?

45. G7 Says:

Crooked sonned Snoop with class in the interview.

46. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

traethatruth.djpanicworld.com/trae.html
    free download of Trae’s new mixtape

47. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

48. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

Crooked sonned Snoop with class in the interview.
    yup

49. I Fux Says:

hiphopremix.com/content/view/248/28/

^^ My Drop this week over at HiphopRemix Feel free to visit and comment.

*daps the Nah Collective, runs around high fiving, halfhugs and what not*

50. CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

fux… wheres the new bitch?

51. !Ven-Tech? Says:

Puffy IS corny…do any of you remember how he sounded on the “Dolly My Baby” remix by Supercat?

And don’t give me that “but he got doe” story either. George Dubya got doe too, he’s a little more gangsta than Puff tho (tell me I’m wrong)

52. !Ven-Tech? Says:

53. !Ven-Tech? Says:

ayo, check it out:

Mega Banton – Soundboy Killing
    Black Moon – I gotcha opin
    Prodigy – Stop Frontin

___________________________

All 3 of these songs sampled the same song. Does anybody know what the original song is? I been tryin to figure out for weeks! I been thinkin that it’s something from Barry White or Isaac Hayes but I can’t find it. If somebody could offer some insight I’d appreciate it.

If somebody could offer some insight I’d appreciate it.

^kill your myspace page, .. honestly upload yourself a virus and open it.

55. !Ven-Tech? Says:

cOLD Says:

July 31st, 2007 at 1:34 pm
    If somebody could offer some insight I’d appreciate it.

^kill your myspace page, .. honestly upload yourself a virus and open it.

If you’re a male, I think it’s kinda gay weird that you would offer an opinion about my myspace page. If you’re a female, you’re probably fat. Either way, it has nothing to offer towards the name of the song I’m trying to find, go stand out in the hallway until I call you back into class.

As for anyone else paying attention, can you name the song?

56. 40 Inch Says:

^ can u say already did?