Video: Supernatural Rock the Bells Freestyle

After all these years, Supernatural is still the go-to keep-the-crowd-interested guy.

Props to Bucky at Complex.

163 Responses to “Video: Supernatural Rock the Bells Freestyle”

1. Big Homie Says:

2. Big Homie Says:

Second

3. Big Homie Says:

Third *sighs*

4. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

What It Does

MTV’s complete top mc list.

5. BKScribe Says:

6. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

They making good music, nothing earth shattering. If there music was really that good it would be out already, but its not because you so called fans of there dont buy anything. I internet is full of so called “saigon/pap/joell/term” fans who wont buy and dont plan on buying one album. Start supporting and stop complaining. If they go gold in this climate there good.

7. Jamz Says:

This is one long winded sucka….

8. Joe 88 Says:

*Blank stare*

9. BKScribe Says:

a throwback to true freestylin

10. I Fux Says:

supernatural has interesting ponytails

11. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

yack

12. Plug Says:

*stumbles back in to work from chilies*

*sits down narrowly missing chair*

*puts M.O.P. warriorz cd in to increase kinetic energy*

*attempts to do 10 days worth of work in 2 days*

13. Rey Says:

Is it wrong that my new life’s goal is to slap byron crawford across the face with a wiffleball bat at least 4 or 6 times?

14. Phuque Says:

# Jamz Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 1:06 pm

This is one long winded sucka….

^^ayo?

15. Big Homie Says:

*attempts to do 10 days worth of work in 2 days*

^^ Good luck. I can barely do a day’s work in a day.

16. Plug Says:

I just realized eskay posted like 3 post in an hour.

“who you think you is, Ron O’neal?!?!?!” (c) dude from menace

17. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7074846
    Braves get Mark Teixiera

18. Rey Says:

E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:11 pm
    msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7074846
    Braves get Mark Teixiera

^^^^^

Fuck. (rey = mets fan)

19. BKScribe Says:

yo rey.. if i ever see that fuck bol.. imma spit on the side of his face

20. tyrone biggums Says:

supernat….killed that shit….too bad no one is gonna hit his myspace up like he kept asking for

21. tyrone biggums Says:

…..continued from other thread…..

tyrone biggums Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 1:03 pm
    ok let me see if this can help clear it up

most of us really dont care who makes or listens to any type of garbage jingles…..where the problem comes is when that is mistaken as hip-hop now….and now real hip-hop is pushed to the back….i dont care about any of that garbage because i do turn it off i dont listen….hearing it isnt what bothers me….its not being able to hear the music i want to hear because people only want to distribute the garbage…..if all my favorite artists still dropped atleast once every 2 years….i would never complain about any music ever….i only complain when there is so much wack shit i cant hear the good shit….

22. Plug Says:

^^ Good luck. I can barely do a day’s work in a day.
    ———–
    I see soooooo many papers a day that the site of them turns my stomach. Its definetly about time to transform into Florida industries. I gotta get to Tampa Bay ASAP

23. Rey Says:

@ BKS.. Word.. then we’ll sic a raccoon on him!

You know, just for shits and giggles.

NHJICMIL

24. tyrone biggums Says:

made in milwakee says -

joe 88 says –

*Puts on michael redd jersey*

Co-sign made, not to be bias, but majority of all NYers complain too much, they did the same thing back when the west was on top, all they did was complain, like it aint enuff room for someone else to shine. Them damn yankess showed me there hate @ the first source awards, booing anything that wasen’t from NY, SMH.

ty big’s says –

….yeah and exactly what is it that you 2 do everytime someone mentions the south or lil boosie…….we dont get to hear music we like cause labels encourage garbage and we are complaining…..but you dont like what type of music we listen to and make 28 posts about it and your doing what exactly ?

..incase your wondering your complaing too

25. green eyes Says:

Rey Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:15 pm
    @ BKS.. Word.. then we’ll sic a raccoon on him!

You know, just for shits and giggles.

NHJICMIL

^ or a ferret. phuque knows where you can find one cheap.

26. Rey Says:

tyrone biggums Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:15 pm
    …..continued from other thread…..

tyrone biggums Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 1:03 pm
    ok let me see if this can help clear it up

^^^^^^^

Chuuch. Synagogue. Mosque. Jedi Temble.

27. BKScribe Says:

if all my favorite artists still dropped atleast once every 2 years…

then buddens woulda had 3 albums out
    *wishful thinking*

28. Rey Says:

lol @ Greenita..

29. Soul Clapper Says:

pmass Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 12:46 pm
    Soul Clap said:

July 30th, 2007 at 12:25 pm
    Boosie ain’t Hip Hop.

================

Fortunately, or un-fortunately (however you look at it), Boosie is Hip-Hop…
    All forms of Hip-Hop from all regions and all points of view are needed to make this cipher complete. That’s the gift and the curse we call Hip-Hop.

All in all…..your opinion is respected by me……I would love for hip hop to be like it was…..when I called it mine…….but those days are done, so I have to share it with everyone(none)…….grudgingly…..

===============================================

I appreciate your opinion pmass. And everybody else too.

I’m just depressed with this music at the moment in time. Too much T.I.P, too much Lil’ Wayne, too much Boosie. Too much trap. Too many Casio keyboard beats. Not enough of that BDP spirit. The first time I heard G Rap. The first time I heard “Lookin’ at The Front Door”…. Not enough Slick Rick, not enough Public Enemy….

Not enough of that from-the-heart rebel music/culture that I was brought up with. I used to be in a b-boy crew back in the day. Came home with bruises from doing backspins (nhjic)…. my mother would smack the shit out of me because she thought I was out fighting!

Also, I watched ‘Wild Style’ at the weekend. I Listened to Long Live The Kane. Twice. Maybe I’m longing for a culture that has moved on, the way blues gave birth to rock and roll… fuck it, I’m getting misty.

*wipes away tear*

30. nation Says:

>> it’s called the Rapeover freestyle, but I’m not upping it.

tall YN’s is runnin this rap shit

>> @ NAtion. I am one of the definition approvers for Urban Dictionary.com

yeah, we all are, i just got fed up of approving other people’s shit, and mine was never coming up (pause)

go give this some thumbs up:

31. Phuque Says:

greenie:

>> or a ferret. phuque knows where you can find one cheap.

^^Shole do…Hootie might just try to hump Bol’s leg or something though…

32. Rey Says:

BKScribe Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:19 pm
    if all my favorite artists still dropped atleast once every 2 years…

then buddens woulda had 3 albums out
    *wishful thinking*

^^^^^

*wipes tear from eye*

What? No.. My contact..

33. pmass Says:

ty biggs said:

ok let me see if this can help clear it up

=======================

so I said:

Ty, hate it or love it, it’s all Hip-Hop…..just apply the filters when you find it neccessary…..

34. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

^^^^^
    Word, it’s hard to take anyone serious when they hated on Ice Cube, Snoop, and Dre when they were in their prime. No one has to like the music, but at least show some respect.

35. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

tyrone biggums Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:19 pm
    ^ All Im saying is be honest with yourself. Redman.Pharoah, Or any of your favorites made classic albums this time around. It might have been okay, but thats it. I said that to say this: you cant complain about the quality of music if you arent do THAT much better. We know they better than hurricane chris, but after that who’s album where they that much better than?

…redmans was good nothing like his classics….pharohoes was though….talib’s new album is his best since ear drum…common stays releasing dope shit….the new term mixtape is better than anything i have heard on the radio in years…..i believe saigon and his over the top statements……sean price….royce….black milk…..all recently released shit a whole lot better than t.i. vs. t.i.p. but most people dont even know that…..hip-hop is dead

^ But how many of those albums did you buy? Every artist I like, I buy. If you dont support, than dont blame the artist who do get support.

36. Rey Says:

Phuque Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:22 pm
    greenie:

>> or a ferret. phuque knows where you can find one cheap.

^^Shole do…Hootie might just try to hump Bol’s leg or something though…

AAAAYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOO!!!

37. nation Says:

first time i heard ay bay bay… can i die now?

“ay bay bay was just the beginning, now i’m finna run the game”

don’t count on it

38. green eyes Says:

@ nation- done

39. Joe 88 Says:

^SMH, Boosie only has one album (solo) but he’s on his grind in the mixtape circuit, so I get my fix, while those lazy bums you like wait for someone to give them a deal, or start up $ to drop there album like they really deserve it just because there from NY, & got fans like yourself that fell they deserve to have a album out because there so called “nice” naw, the world doesen’t work like that, you have to earn you’re spot, boosie been out for years, as long as budden, grinding on the underground scene, he knew nothing was gonna be giving to him, he had to make people belive. I started bumping boosie in like 03-04, before the “wipe me down” before he even had a video, you know how his music reached up here? He was on his grind, he was determined, you can say what you want about his music, but he deserves everything he gets, he aint no overnight MC he put in that work, but an artist like budden, he had the work ethic, he was on alot of mixtapes starting out, but after his 1st album he slowed down, where’s MM3? exactly, stop sitting on shit & release it & he’ll prolly be relevent. Where’s papoose? he signed a major deal earlier this year, before that deal he had hella mixtapes, soon as he signed the deal he got lazy & got off his grind. Most NY/up north artist feels like they deserve something cause there “nice” but that only the tip of the iceberg, you gotta work, & these southern artist work

90% of this shit is yo biz-ness, 10% of this shit is yo talent mystical

40. Plug Says:

…If humpty hump was hip hop, then lil boosie is too…

41. nation Says:

jesus christ, this the the Lil Boosie Joe 88 was infatuated with?

*calls Child’s Services*

42. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

Boosie has dancing and rapping in his videos, thats 2 out of the 4 elements of hip hop. Boosie’s more hip hop than alot of rappers(Boosie just happens to be a really bad lyricist)

43. Rey Says:

Cosign J88– But you really think Pap and Budden are both lounging around counting their industry money smoking big ass cigars, Monty Burns style?

You’re better than that.

44. Plug Says:

——
    I’m pretty sure buddens is. He looks like a cat that lets the herbals get in the way of business.

45. tyrone biggums Says:

…i buy every album of ever rapper i listen too ( even after i already dowloaded it and even if i’m disppointed in it, unless i’m sickened by it like i was with encore ) however me buying that lupe album only made him sell 61,376 instead of 61,375 so what can i do ?

and again your missing the point the problem isnt with the artists caking off the jingle/ringtone shit it with the labels not putting out the music people like me wanna hear…..i know for a fact there is a large fan base that thinks just like me….they miss the hip-hop they grew up on they miss their rappers they miss classic rap not the jingle shit….my problem is there is too much focus on the poppy shit and the real hip-hop gets ignored…..there isnt room for both when one side is being told to be more like the other….

46. nation Says:

>> @ nation- done

*love’s you* but, i already gave it a thumbs up from this computer, so it won’t work if you click it again

47. Soul Clapper Says:

E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:27 pm

^ Breakin’ and emceeing? Hammer had that shit in his videos too. But this ain’t a check list, it’s a culture.

And Hip Hop is raping itself….

48. Rey Says:

@ Plug.. Unless he’s completely full of shit (doubtful given his music and label sitcheeation), he’s drug-free..

*prepares for onslaught*

49. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

MadeInMilwaukee….Since1979 Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:30 pm
    tyrone biggums Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:22 pm
    ^ Because ya’ll HATIN’!!! I like Boosie and other rappers ya’ll dont care for, but do I saying what ya’ll like is wack….no. Reason being, because I like what ya’ll like too, I’m just not going to limit myself to one region with the exception of a few choice rappers.

…smh..here we go again…..royce is one of my favorite rappers….common black milk…….andre 3000…..scarface…..little brother i fuck with all their music i dont care where you are from it just so happens i dont like that style of rap…..dont tell me i’m hating cause of where the are from….you ninjas sound like 2 x’s trying to come up with a reason why we dont agree with him

^ It’s the truth to an extent. I dont like Pharoah at all, have you every heard me say he was wack? NO. Ya’ll sound like a white person naming their 4 black “friends”, when ya’ll talk about southern rappers. Is it a quota on the amount of southern rappers an east coaster can like?

50. Joe 88 Says:

You’re better than that.

^Until they show me something (nh) that’s what I belive, nothing is stoping them from dropping music, everybody knows the mixtape game is where it’s at, what better way to get more fans then by giving shit away? Give the fans what they want.

51. Rey Says:

Cosign Ty again..

I should just make a stamp that says that.. NO HOMO

52. pmass Says:

Rey Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:28 pm

You’re better than that.

==============

Rey- I honestly think they are.

Face facts: you have some artists out here who just get lazy when they get “that check” (industry).

If these cats stayed on their “hungry/will rap for food/mixtape grind” AFTER
    they’ve secrured their label deal……believe me, they’d be in a whole better position.

Those that get comfy in their situation, get passed by

53. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

tyrone biggums Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:30 pm

54. Rey Says:

Okay J88, I see what you’re saying.

I want MM3 or a new Budden retail more than I want…um…I dunno, pick something.

55. Joe 88 Says:

>It’s the truth to an extent. I dont like Pharoah at all, have you every heard me say he was wack? NO. Ya’ll sound like a white person naming their 4 black “friends”, when ya’ll talk about southern rappers. Is it a quota on the amount of southern rappers an east coaster can like?

Life is harsh, hug me, don’t reject me, or make records to disrespect me blatant, or indirectly

56. Phuque Says:

…..Tiny Italians is runnin’ this rap shit….

57. tyrone biggums Says:

joe 88 -says

….ok cause people hate when we talk about budden i’m just gonna say this one thing and thats it…..i right now on my comp. have well over 200 -300 completely different joe budden songs……budden has released like 20 different mixtapes , just cause you havent heard them all you call him lazy ?

maybe you havent seen the interviews where he said he felt he oversaturated himself in the market he put out too many mixtapes in too short of a time the peope couldnt digest it all….maybe you missed the point where he is trying to get mm3 released through an indy ( remeber you 2 before said so what just go to koch….he is trying he wants mm3 released on koch obviously hov isnt letting it happen )

you always bring up buddens work ethic when dissing him which is hilarious because real talk budden has released more music than almost anyone you can think of problem is its all floating around on mixtapes and the internet and people like you dont know about them

58. I Fux Says:

HHDX: The final question I have for you is on a more positive note. I just have to ask how it feels to hear Lil’ Wayne on the new Ja Rule song, “Uh Oh,” paying homage when he spits, “Call me young Raekwon, I’m a chef in hell’s kitchen”?
    Raekwon: Yo, that’s good money right there. I’m glad he feel like that. That means that he’s recognizing my mustache. He respects my mustache, and I respect his for even saying that. I feel like when these young dudes pay homage they track record becomes more respected, because you respect dudes that already did it. So I can’t do nothing but take my hat off to the kid and just say, yo, I admire that. That’s what it’s all about, real detecting real. I appreciate that.

^^respect the mustache!

59. Rey Says:

@ PMass.. But what are the odds Budden’s money has lasted him THIS long? 4 years after an almost-Gold album? Dude’s money isn’t that long, and I doubt he’s on the club/college circuit like that, not with his material.. Sheeit, maybe the emo coffee house circuit..

(note to self: start drinking coffee…)

60. Plug Says:

I dont know why yall so mad at hip hop. Prodigy gave me a classic, devin gave me a nice one. Even KRS gave me somethin tight. Canibus didnt even let me down. Most of the music I ever listened to was not on the radio, ie spice 1 ect, so why do yall expect to here it on the radio now. az was never on the radio, wu was barely on the radio before triumph, MOP, ect. hip hop is alive. real hip hop was always underground. what yall trippin for. the sea is plentiful with music, if you dont like catfish, throw it back in the sea and wait a minute or two, your bound to catch a perch or somethin….

61. tyrone biggums Says:

Plug Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 1:29 pm
    ——

.,.actually budden doesnt smoke or drink ( not since the dust ) go ahead call me a stan but if you listend to any one of his 300 + songs you would know that ……

62. pmass Says:

Phuque Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:36 pm
    …..Tiny Italians is runnin’ this rap shit….

==========================

Martian Presidents (money) is runnin’ this rap shit…..It’s all about a dollar….ring that register (sell/sell-out), or cease to be (die)

63. G7 Says:

>>^ They need to get on there independent grind then. I dont see any of them really pushing the issue of getting there album out. If thats really your life work, you got to be out there. Outside of Sai, not one person you waiting on has done that.

====
    I was just saying yesterday how lazy J.Budden is gettin’. The motivation is definitely not there right now.

64. Joe 88 Says:

Yankees feels like there owed something cause there from NY, we know it’s the birthplace of hip hop, but nigga that don’t mean you don’t have to work for your spot, so what you’re talented (nh) if you aint gonna put in the work, the teams GM gonna go find someone with half the talent, double the work ethic, & bench you, period. Say what you want about wayne, but he lives in the studio & as a fan of the music (as we all say we are) we should have waaaaaay more respect for that guy cause he’s on his grind. Who doesen’t respect a man that’s always tryna be better at his craft?

65. I Fux Says:

Joe Budden would rather smoke…. no disrespect to people who smoke but dudes I run across that smoke alot of herb tend to be some lazy Mofo’s

66. Plug Says:

——-
    somebdy laced one of his optimos? my boy got zapped wi some 51′s and aint been the same since

67. tyrone biggums Says:

…….when did you see me single any rapper out….where did you see me say south…..you told me when i said jingle/ringtone music i meant south….i didnt i meant mims and chicken noodle soup….but you felt a certain way a bout it i dont know maybe your the one looking for the ” hate ” from us….show me where i even hated on boosie today ? maybe your mixing and matching my posts with others but i did no hating today except for the labels that push the ringtones and try and change the artist i already like……

68. Soul Clapper Says:

Gotta bounce. But three things…

(1) I’ve silently co-signed everything that Ty has had to say on the subject thus far. I would like to offer a pre-emptive co-sign on anything he says on the subject while I’m away (as long as it isn’t gay)

(2) I don’t want to hate on peoples music too much. Joe88 likes what he likes, and I respect that. I just feel that there’s not many people out in the big wide world who are supporting what I would class as real Hip Hop (and that goes for Tall Isreali’s, Radio DJ’s and the music-buying public).

(3) What I really want to know is when Hip Hop went through a major sea-change like this the last time around, did all the ‘old school’ emcees/fans think it was bullshit? Did Kool Moe Dee think that Pete Rock & CL Smooth were wack? Did Cold Crush think that KRS-One was bullshit music?

Maybe the answer to number (3) will tell us something about how to look at the current superiority of the trap music new jacks. But maybe it wont.

-1-

69. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

Plug Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:38 pm

^ Co-Sign. In my neck of the woods, Jay,WU,Spice 1, Too Short, only got played on the radios on Friday night, outside of singles.

70. landLORD Says:

Tyrone biggums said

————————–

… lemme find out you believe evertything you hear on a song …

71. tyrone biggums Says:

Plug Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 1:38 pm

…..i agree with all this….my problem is most people dont realize this though….because of the push by the labels to encourage the ringtone era…..thats all i was saying

72. pmass Says:

Rey Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:38 pm

(note to self: start drinking coffee…)

========================

Rey- the fault lies within……when you have the material to put out AND you’re on a major, but have to resort to mixtapes, something is wrong with YOUR situation.

73. Phuque Says:

….Tempermental Indians is runnin’ this rap shit….

74. tyrone biggums Says:

landLORD Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 1:43 pm
    Tyrone biggums said

————————–

… lemme find out you believe evertything you hear on a song …

….not 1 song…..but like 57 songs…and a bunch of interviews..he says he is an addict an addict for life so he cant go back to any of that shit…..do i believe anything…of course not but why would i think he is lying about this ? you think he was gunning for the dusthead demograhpic you think he made it up ?
    ialso know addicts and former addicts and the only ones who can function are the former addicts and the ones that keep it that way….

75. hoodtalk.org Says:

Would you give Buddens head if you seen him in the back of the club?

76. Plug Says:

I advise anyone that thinks hip hop is dead to take to of these and call me in the morning

77. nation Says:

Premo week begins nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

my bad for the lack of MP3, i’m working from the library of John Jay College

78. Joe 88 Says:

tyrone biggums Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 1:37 pm
    joe 88 -says

^SMFH, how can you have the quote above you’re comment & still get it wrong, I gave him his props, but what mixtape has he dropped this year? Exactly
    =====================================

>….maybe you missed the point where he is trying to get mm3 released through an indy ( remeber you 2 before said so what just go to koch….he is trying he wants mm3 released on koch obviously hov isnt letting it happen )

^How about this, fuck MM3 then, if he can’t get it out on a indy as of right now, keep MM3 in the cut for right now then & make another mixtape, I know he got some broke homies around him, make a mixtape with them, do something, he sitting on MM3 likes it gonna cure cancer or change the world, fuck that, release something, i’m not a fan & I wanna hear a whole CD from this guy (naw, no I don’t but the suspense is killing me)

79. Rey Says:

pmass Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:44 pm
    Rey Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:38 pm

(note to self: start drinking coffee…)

========================

Feel like A-Rod, some say his time’s up
    Boo a nigga at home, yup I’m in my prime But
    he by far the best player on the team
    And then turn around, drop ‘em to the bottom of the lineup
    Should get traded, but he don’t wanna move
    ‘Cause this the only city he got somethin’ to prove
    And that’s why I’m seen with heaters
    ‘Cause you can’t be the man when you on the same team as Jeter Ya dig

80. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

tyrone biggums Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:42 pm

^ Come on TY, we both been on NahRight a long time, so just because you havent done it today dont mean you have done it. I respect what you saying because at least you debate things civilized unlike others around here.

81. hoodtalk.org Says:

nation Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:47 pm
    Premo week begins nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

my bad for the lack of MP3, i’m working from the library of John Jay College

^Why you taking summer classes…that sux….

82. Rey Says:

*stamps “Cosign Ty” on NR Memo*

@ Hootie– Come on, homey.. Keep it scientific.

83. BKScribe Says:

Emo-Bot 1000 Says:

Feel like A-Rod, some say his time’s up
    Boo a nigga at home, yup I’m in my prime But
    he by far the best player on the team
    And then turn around, drop ‘em to the bottom of the lineup
    Should get traded, but he don’t wanna move
    ‘Cause this the only city he got somethin’ to prove
    And that’s why I’m seen with heaters
    ‘Cause you can’t be the man when you on the same team as Jeter Ya dig

^imitate jim jones.. end up like cory lidle.

84. Plug Says:

Premo week begins nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    —–
    good ish

85. hoodtalk.org Says:

Rey so…Joe Buddens is saying that he is AROD…and Jay-Z is Jeter?

roflmfao…thats bullshit lie…

86. pmass Says:

Feel like A-Rod, some say his time’s up
    Boo a nigga at home, yup I’m in my prime But
    he by far the best player on the team
    And then turn around, drop ‘em to the bottom of the lineup
    Should get traded, but he don’t wanna move
    ‘Cause this the only city he got somethin’ to prove
    And that’s why I’m seen with heaters
    ‘Cause you can’t be the man when you on the same team as Jeter Ya dig

===========================

If we all see what the problem is, and he can write so prolific about his situation- do like A-Rod can do at the end of the year….opt out and bounce…. He needs to step his lawyer-game up

87. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

Saigon recently said in an interview with XXLMag.com that he wanted to talk to you about changing the title of your album, Greatest Story Ever Told, because it’s similar to his upcoming LP, The Greatest Story Never Told. What’s your take on the situation?
    I don’t really give a shit. I’m not trippin’. He do his thing, I do my thing. I didn’t get my album title from him [and] he didn’t get his from me. We were just thinking on the same levels around the same time. I’m cool with dude, but it ain’t really too much to be done. My shit is on its way. And I don’t think our markets cross enough for it to really be that much of a problem. And with me, dawg, we have a tendency to fall into some shit and people want to make it something bigger than what it is. It ain’t that big of a deal. If dude wants to find me, he knows how to get at me.

^ From David Banner’s interview at xxl.mag

88. Rey Says:

@ BKS– You know it, dunny.

@ Hoots– Come on, man.. That line is so accurate it’s crazy.

89. nation Says:

>> Why you taking summer classes…that sux….

lmao nah man i’m joking, i just woke up… John Jay College= the police academy d rug d ealer would post from

90. hoodtalk.org Says:

Joe Buddens isn’t AROD of the Rap Game…no disrespect…

91. Joe 88 Says:

hoodtalk.org Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 1:51 pm
    Rey so…Joe Buddens is saying that he is AROD…and Jay-Z is Jeter?

roflmfao…thats bullshit lie…

^I have to co-sign hoodtalk on that one, he must be still smoking dust to even think of some dumb shit like that.

92. BKScribe Says:

93. Rey Says:

Yo– I’m done defending Joe Budden today. We do this all the time.. I just want new music for him.. EmoBot or not, he writes songs that help me untangle the mess I have in my mind, and his next album could be a fuckin’ collabo with Chris Brown and Jim Jones and I’d cop that just outta respect for the man who wrote “Whatever it takes” aka “Six Minutes”.

94. hoodtalk.org Says:

Joe Buddens isn’t the AROD of the rap game…and thats actually disrespectful to AROD…

AROD is going to go down in history as one of the best baseball players ever, if not the best..

How does this compare to Joe Buddens in the rap game?

95. pmass Says:

BKScribe Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:53 pm

====================

lol…..give your ears back to God…..you don’t use ‘em right

96. Rey Says:

Hoots– He’s talking about his specific team, his situation.

Again, I’m done talking Joe Budden today.

97. Rey Says:

B-U-D-D-E-N

Not “BuddenS”.

There’s only one of him.

98. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

Ya’ll need to check out that Banner interview. He about to stir some stuff up.

99. green eyes Says:

BKScribe Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:53 pm

^ cosign

100. nation Says:

>> Joe Buddens isn’t AROD of the Rap Game…no disrespect…

not of the rap game… of Def Jam, in regards to Jeter

101. green eyes Says:

made: where is it?

102. nation Says:

>> anyone who doesn’t feel that broken wings freestyle has no reason listenin to hip hop

anyone who doesn’t feel Billz’ novel from the broken wings freestyle thread has no reason to live

103. hoodtalk.org Says:

That nigga is delusional…Talking about he AROD of the rap game….

Thats what happens when you off your meds…start believing fantasies

104. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

BKScribe Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:53 pm

^ True, but that dont make him “A-Rod” of the rap game.

105. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

green eyes Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:56 pm
    made: where is it?

^ XXLMAG.com

106. hoodtalk.org Says:

nation Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:56 pm
    >> Joe Buddens isn’t AROD of the Rap Game…no disrespect…

not of the rap game… of Def Jam, in regards to Jeter

^How is he the AROD of Def Jam? when they got Nas on it and Jay?

107. hoodtalk.org Says:

Its disrespectful to compare Joe Buddens to ARod….its like going up to ARod and spitting in his face….

108. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

nation Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:56 pm
    >> Joe Buddens isn’t AROD of the Rap Game…no disrespect…

not of the rap game… of Def Jam, in regards to Jeter

^ He aint the the “A-Rod” of Def Jam either!

109. Joe 88 Says:

@Rey

I like “whatever it takes” I like some of his music, if that helps the situation at hand, so that should let you & other budden fans know i’m not saying things strictly for shock value, I wan’t budden to be victorious, & I want ya’ll the fans to be happy, even tho ya’ll really don’t respect my outlook on alot of the stuff I listen to ahem*boosie*ahem, but w/e w/e w/e, it’s not a competition like ty biggums thinks it is, cause if most of the artist ya’ll like music was that tight then it would be out, it’s more the times then the artist, people are parting more nowadays, like when disco came out, they were parting to the max back then, you can say the same for hip hop right now, things slowed down back then as it will in the future, but for right now the party continues

110. pmass Says:

hoodtalk.org Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:58 pm
    nation Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:56 pm
    >> Joe Buddens isn’t AROD of the Rap Game…no disrespect…

not of the rap game… of Def Jam, in regards to Jeter

^How is he the AROD of Def Jam? when they got Nas on it and Jay?

==================================

He’s now the Matsui…..unable to get a word in cuz they don’t understand where he’s coming from (none)

111. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

hoodtalk.org Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:58 pm
    nation Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:56 pm
    >> Joe Buddens isn’t AROD of the Rap Game…no disrespect…

not of the rap game… of Def Jam, in regards to Jeter

^How is he the AROD of Def Jam? when they got Nas on it and Jay?

^ Yup!!!

112. Joe 88 Says:

^links please?

113. BKScribe Says:

# hoodtalk.org Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 1:58 pm

nation Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:56 pm
    >> Joe Buddens isn’t AROD of the Rap Game…no disrespect…

not of the rap game… of Def Jam, in regards to Jeter

^How is he the AROD of Def Jam? when they got Nas on it and Jay?

^^that song was made before nas got there gully mcgillicutty

114. Joe 88 Says:

Budden is the bat boy of def jam.

115. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

pmass Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:00 pm
    hoodtalk.org Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:58 pm
    nation Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:56 pm
    >> Joe Buddens isn’t AROD of the Rap Game…no disrespect…

not of the rap game… of Def Jam, in regards to Jeter

^How is he the AROD of Def Jam? when they got Nas on it and Jay?

==================================

^ LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

116. Rey Says:

@ J88– Dude, I named my last album “Crazy Rey Party”.. I know people wanna party, lol..

I think “Wipe me down” sucks, but I’ve been sonned enough on this site to know not to base opinions on one song, so that’s why I don’t give you shit about boosie.

And I know what Ty’s saying too.. His argument is valid, name-checking regardless, you know that.

117. green eyes Says:

wow @ the david banner interview…

What about Al Sharpton and his campaign to censor hip-hop?
    Fuck Al Sharpton. And I hate Jesse Jackson. Anybody that got something to say about it, they can come see me. All the things that Al Sharpton could be talking about, all the woes in the Black community… Dude, if you don’t agree with what we do, come talk to us. Then they get up on TV in front of all these other people and they crucify their own children so you can get in good with your investors and the rest of these White people. And I’m very disappointed in our parents and the fact that they did the same thing with rock ‘n’ roll [and] jazz. Anything that’s not church music—which once again keeps us under control—then it’s the devil’s music. That’s bullshit!

118. nation Says:

@ Big Homie: new post

*holsters gun*

i’m going out to lunch, anybody want something?

119. Plug Says:

What about Al Sharpton and his campaign to censor hip-hop?
    ———-
    AND ME!!!!!

120. green eyes Says:

nation Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:04 pm
    @ Big Homie: new post

*holsters gun*

i’m going out to lunch, anybody want something?

^ surprise me. you know what i like.

121. nation Says:

go here:

and give this a thumbs up (no pockets):

122. Joe 88 Says:

i’m going out to lunch, anybody want something?

^Bring me back 2 grape dutch masters, & you’re best of joe budden CD, I need something to break my weed up on

123. nation Says:

>> surprise me. you know what i like.

baby ‘cum juice’ was just a joke we made to annoy Two-Times because he was hooked to vitamin water, i’ll pick up some salad and you’ll toss it if you don’t like the smell of it

jkkkkkk

124. Rey Says:

Jeter- 4 rings.
    Jorge Posada- 4 rings
    A-Rod– Zero Rings.

Jay- 3 classic albums (RD, BP, Black Album) = Jeter
    Nas has “rings” platinum albums, respect, etc. = Posada

Budden = A-Rod.. but A-Rod (nh) always fails when the game is on the line.. He’s been in the post season 3 times with NYY.. It can be argued then that Budden has only been to the post season once..

Sheeit, if anything, Budden’s selling himself SHORT by saying he’s A-Rod..

He’s more like Dan Marino.. mad numbers, obvi skills, but only got to the Superbowl once..

Or more likely, he’s like Patrick Ewing.. Yeah, Budden = Ewing.

125. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

Told you Greenie!!! I stand behind what he said 1000% percent!! Southern University stand up!!

126. nation Says:

>> I need something to break my weed up on

Boosie’s chest

127. Plug Says:

SPEAKING OF AL SHARPTEN,

*TURNS OFF CAPS*

we got this new chick in here, ole super christian. all she does is listen to al sharpten in the morning. If she wasnt 5’10 wit long hair and cute as a button, I’d tell her a thing or two.

*shakes raised fist*

128. green eyes Says:

nation Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:07 pm
    >> surprise me. you know what i like.

jkkkkkk

^ see.. i knew youd take it there but i didt think youd go that far… smh

129. Joe 88 Says:

nation Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 2:07 pm
    >> I need something to break my weed up on

Boosie’s chest

^Ayoooooooooooooo,

130. BKScribe Says:

Or more likely, he’s like Patrick Ewing.. Yeah, Budden = Ewing.

^ he did finger roll gloria velez

131. green eyes Says:

MadeInMilwaukee….Since1979 Says:

^ yes sir. banner is def dropping some knowledge in that interview. Nice to see a rapper taking about real issues, not just their album getting pushed back *cough* Sai *cough*

132. pmass Says:

green eyes Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:03 pm
    wow @ the david banner interview…

What about Al Sharpton and his campaign to censor hip-hop?

============================

He always speaks truth…..he should be hip-hop “official spokesperson”

133. Rey Says:

LOL @ BKS

134. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

BKScribe Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:09 pm
    Or more likely, he’s like Patrick Ewing.. Yeah, Budden = Ewing.

^ he did finger roll gloria velez

^ His career highlight thus far!! J/K!!

135. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

green eyes Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:10 pm
    MadeInMilwaukee….Since1979 Says:

^ CHURCH!!!

136. Joe 88 Says:

Sheeit, if anything, Budden’s selling himself SHORT by saying he’s A-Rod..

Or more likely, he’s like Patrick Ewing.. Yeah, Budden = Ewing.

^But marino & ewing had spectacular careers, while budden only had 1 (& he wasen’t even roty) good year under his belt, budden hasen’t done anything to stir up convo to non budden fans, marino haters have to give props, but most people still look @ budden as the “pump it up” guy

Joe budden = Michael ray richardson

137. Belize Says:

Good read:

You may need to read this half way into it:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lufthansa_heist

138. landLORD Says:

hoodtalk.org Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 1:57 pm
    That nigga is delusional…Talking about he AROD of the rap game….

Thats what happens when you off your meds…start believing fantasies

142. G7 Says:

lol @ this entire Budden convo

143. tyrone biggums Says:

G7 Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 2:15 pm
    lol @ this entire Budden convo

…..co-sign…the shits funny too me….the people who hate him love to talk about him more than anyone….

144. G7 Says:

Anybody check out that new Skyzoo mixtape yet, Corner Store Classic? One of the best this year imo. Plenty of ill tracks on it.

145. LadiesMan217 Says:

I agree with Rey!

146. The-XFacta Says:

SMH @ Any rapper over 45 still trying to rap!

147. Rey Says:

Wow, thanks LadiesMan217! You must be awesomer than awesome!

148. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

^ Can someone up that broken wings freestyle?

149. The-XFacta Says:

@

LadiesMan217 Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:18 pm
    I agree with Rey!

————————

Rey=One Step Below God!

150. LadiesMan217 Says:

Rey Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:19 pm
    Wow, thanks LadiesMan217! You must be awesomer than awesome!

^^^^^^^^

AAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOO!!!

151. Joe 88 Says:

Wow, thanks LadiesMan217! You must be awesomer than awesome!

^Ayooooooooooooooo, smh @ rey making a homo comment towards himself, lol & J/K

152. pmass Says:

I wish the best for all these cats……the alternative for a lot of them would probably be fucked up……

How about a happy medium that has never been brought up……

A BOOSIE/BUDDEN COLLABO? (Joe 88) or
    A BUDDEN/BOOSIE COLLABO? (Ty/Rey)

Let’s make it happen fellas! (none)

153. Rey Says:

LadiesMan217 Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:20 pm
    Rey Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:19 pm
    Wow, thanks LadiesMan217! You must be awesomer than awesome!

^^^^^^^^

AAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOO!!!

Dang, you got me there! NH.

154. Joe 88 Says:

MadeInMilwaukee….Since1979 Says:
    July 30th, 2007 at 2:19 pm
    ^ Can someone up that broken wings freestyle?

^like right now, this better be the best thing since sliced bread. (nh)

155. green eyes Says:

LadiesMan217 Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:20 pm
    Rey Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:19 pm
    Wow, thanks LadiesMan217! You must be awesomer than awesome!

^ LMAO

156. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

I jam Budden’s music, I even copped the album the day it dropped. Dude got talent for sho.

157. tyrone biggums Says:

@ made and joe 88

nahright.com/news/index.php?s=broken+wings+freestyle

158. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

tyrone biggums Says:

July 30th, 2007 at 2:25 pm
    @ made and joe 88

nahright.com/news/index.php?s=broken+wings+freestyle

^ The file had been deleted.

159. Big Homie Says:

Back from lunch. I miss anything?

160. tyrone biggums Says:

@ made

161. I Fux Says:

^^ you can listen to broken wings here

162. Furiou$tylez...I'm So Chicago Says:

whats poppin everybody?

why Lebron will always be king…

163. Thepunkguy » Morning Music Links (07.30.07) Says:

[...] b. Check out pitchfork’s coverage of Rock the Bells HERE. Check out mr. freestyle himself Supernatural rock the crowd at Nah Right HERE. [...]