April XXL Cover

Unbelievable.

Discuss.

182 Responses to “April XXL Cover”

1. The Truth... Says:

He’s pushin it…

2. 456 Says:

hahaa

3. Crazy88Since88 Says:

BANG BANG BITCH!

4. Blitzpro Says:

Smh

5. bob saget Says:

booyah grandma

6. green eyes Says:

i already know too much about whar weezy f baby does with his tongue (no ifux)

7. Crazy88Since88 Says:

…On Some REAL shit… BIG should have that COVER, i wont even Buy that shit… FUCK YOU XXL!

8. Crazy88Since88 Says:

They Give a OPENLY GAY rapper the cover over BIG… Fuck YOU XXL!!!

9. killa jones Says:

“Return of the Mac… that’s getting niggas ready for H.N.I.C 2… ‘Cause KOCH is gonna go hard. They know if I have an H.N.I.C album, that shit is like, incredible… to have that shit over here at KOCH. So, they did real good with Jim Jones and all that shit but H.N.I.C is gonna be like, that’s another level. That’ll be out like the beginning of the summer.”

“We don’t do nothin’ old, we don’t never go back, we don’t never take it back, we don’t never do nothin old, old Mobb sound, none of that shit. It’s all new music. We taking it to the future. Know what I’m sayin’? We don’t never look back. A lot of people like ‘yo yall need to go back, and do…’ That’s why you do what you do, and that’s why I do what I do, know what I’m sayin’?”
    if that album sound anything like HNIC

and prodigy comes correct on that album, is gonna b a classic

10. Shanti Says:

has anybody seen that video where weezy’s playing the guitar? smh @ that shit.

11. 456 Says:

now see. that’s appropriate. wayne is at the center of the game, like it or not. he is what pac was pre-prison. he went platinum with no cross-over single. he makes hot records. like it or not. him and ti are the leaders of the new school.

12. Mac Brown Says:

13. HERBAL KINT Says:

FUCK THIS SHIT

WE NEED TO TRY OUR EXPERIMENT FROM THE LAST THREAD WITH WHOOPI SOMEONE BODY LIL WEASEL LETS SEE IF HE IS A LEGEND THEN

14. They mad cuz we jump outta cabs, and hop on the bus. Coppin dust, PLUG INC rocks the whole Metropolis Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:12 pm
    —-
    cosign

15. Wongsta Says:

He ain’t Hip-Hop, dat’s for sure. He is a RAPPER. There’s a difference.

16. green eyes Says:

hey….anyone remember that cover XXL did years back- maybe their first year of publication? it was a hip hop version of the ‘great day in harlem’ jazz picture? THAT was a hot cover. i think i have the poster of it somewhere actually..

17. killa jones Says:

eskay why u post this homo?

this guy all in my grill n shyt

18. HERBAL KINT Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:12 pm

THEY GOT CRACK IN AFRICA ?

19. Shanti Says:

eskay tryin to step his bloggin up and get back on the grind…

20. Crazy88Since88 Says:

killa jones Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:16 pm
    eskay why u post this homo?

this guy all in my grill n shyt

CO-SIGN!!!!

Crazy88Since88 Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:12 pm
    They Give a OPENLY GAY rapper the cover over BIG… Fuck YOU XXL!!!

21. green eyes Says:

Shanti Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:12 pm
    has anybody seen that video where weezy’s playing the guitar? smh @ that shit.

^ more like just standing there holding it, fiddling around

22. Shanti Says:

THEY GOT CRACK IN AFRICA ?

^^lmao

it’s the truth tho biggums. especially the ti part :)

23. Mr. MEEN Says:

I did my best!

24. They mad cuz we jump outta cabs, and hop on the bus. Coppin dust, PLUG INC rocks the whole Metropolis Says:

I’m back on my weezy ish. (no smithers). You cant deny his skills

25. Mac Brown Says:

green eyes Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:17 pm
    Shanti Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:12 pm
    has anybody seen that video where weezy’s playing the guitar? smh @ that shit.

^ more like just standing there holding it, fiddling around

****Yeah……..he’s used to “holding it, fiddling around”…….if ya know what I mean?!

26. I Fux Says:

@Hoodtalk………..I like NaS more but as far as consistency and what he has meant to hip-hop Jay is greater any other problems with my list

27. Jamz Says:

Shanti Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:12 pm
    has anybody seen that video where weezy’s playing the guitar? smh @ that shit.

^^Is that my leather so soft shyt??

Listen to Lil Wayne’s music, hell no…
    I’d rather mop the flo in a peep show…(c) Ras Kass

28. 456 Says:

THEY GOT CRACK IN AFRICA ?

^my bad. lets put joey on the cover see how much that sells.

29. Shanti Says:

hey meenie

30. The Truth... Says:

@ 456

Weezy is cool….but c’mon. His last album wasn’t bad….but c’mon.

31. They mad cuz we jump outta cabs, and hop on the bus. Coppin dust, PLUG INC rocks the whole Metropolis Says:

They Give a OPENLY GAY rapper the cover over BIG… Fuck YOU XXL!!!
    ———
    how many times do yall expect them to photoshop that one picture of big

32. Shanti Says:

^^Is that my leather so soft shyt??

^^yeah that song. still smh. everything is wrong about that video.

33. HERBAL KINT Says:

Shanti Says:
    February 8th, 2007 at 3:17 pm
    eskay tryin to step his bloggin up and get back on the grind…

SERIOUSLY 3 POSTS ONE DAY

ESKAY IS WATCHING

GOOD SHIT

EVEN IF IT IS THE HOMO

Shanti Says:
    February 8th, 2007 at 3:18 pm
    THEY GOT CRACK IN AFRICA ?

^^lmao

it’s the truth tho biggums. especially the ti part

YEAH OK AND BUDDENS IS THE BEST TO EVERY RAP

34. 456 Says:

Weezy is cool….but c’mon. His last album wasn’t bad….but c’mon.

^tell me who would sell more magazines at this point? they just put TI on the cover last month.

35. I Fux Says:

I am a hater most of the times but I cant deny Weezy he is animal of an MC, No Homo though

36. green eyes Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:19 pm
    THEY GOT CRACK IN AFRICA ?

^my bad. lets put joey on the cover see how much that sells.

^^ shots fired.

37. Shanti Says:

y’all acting like 456 said weezy and tip are the best to ever do it. he said they’re the leaders of the new school. there’s a difference.

38. green eyes Says:

Shanti Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:21 pm
    ^^Is that my leather so soft shyt??

^^yeah that song. still smh. everything is wrong about that video.

^ the song aint too hot either

39. Shanti Says:

^ the song aint too hot either

^^i agree

40. Klive Rex Says:

Can’t deny the boys mic skills. SMH at XXL having Carter 3 as the most anticipated album of 2007 though.

41. green eyes Says:

c’mon shan– you know they cant admit that a southern is leading anything in hip hop

42. green eyes Says:

*southerner

43. Jamz Says:

green eyes Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:23 pm
    Shanti Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:21 pm
    ^^Is that my leather so soft shyt??

^^yeah that song. still smh. everything is wrong about that video.

^ the song aint too hot either

^^That shyt is terrible!! I’m still waiting on Baby to say one verse that really rhymes??

44. HERBAL KINT Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:19 pm
    THEY GOT CRACK IN AFRICA ?

^my bad. lets put joey on the cover see how much that sells.

HA SEE POST ABOVE

LISTEN I REALIZE JOEY ISNT GONNA SELL LIKE OTHERS BUT LIL WAYNE IS AWFUL I REALLY HAVE TRIED TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE BUT HE IS TERRIBLE, T.I. IS NICE ( EVEN THOUGH THE LAST ALBUM WASNT VERY GOOD ) BUT NEITHER OF THEM ARE TAKING OVER AND TO COMPARE EITHER OF THEM TO PAC IS INSANE ON SO MANY LEVELS

45. 456 Says:

YEAH OK AND BUDDENS IS THE BEST TO EVERY RAP

^and btw when are you going to give up YOUR pipe dream…niggas on koch get more light than your man. And stop blamin jay. you just a fan of a depression case, lol

46. Shanti Says:

biggums–

who do you think are the leaders of the new school?

47. killa jones Says:

Legendary music producer Dr. Dre has inked a multi-year film production deal with New Line Cinema. According to Variety, Dre will co-produce dark comedies and horror films with longtime collaborator Phillip Atwell, and will be closely involved in the music aspect of the projects through his newly formed company, Crucial Films. New Line president Toby Emmerich, who used to run the company’s music business, orchestrated the deal. “Everything Dre has worked on becomes a hit, and one of the reasons for that is that he never put his name on anything that he doesn’t really believe in,” Emmerich said. “His records have always been very narrative in nature, and you can tell from his songs that he understands how to tell a story. We’re excited to work with him as he branches out into the film world.” Dre has worked with New Line in the past, perhaps most notably on the score for the film Set It Off with Queen Latifah. “This is a natural switch for me, since I’ve directed a lot of music videos,” Dre told Variety. “And I eventually want to get into directing.”
    i think he should stick with what he does best

acting wasn’t his thing

and i don’t think making movies is gonna be his thing

until he proves me wrong is whatever

48. Mac Brown Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:25 pm
    YEAH OK AND BUDDENS IS THE BEST TO EVERY RAP

WHOA

49. The Truth... Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:21 pm
    Weezy is cool….but c’mon. His last album wasn’t bad….but c’mon.

________________________

Not sure….I buy the mag anyway, not cause who’s on the cover. If anything, I probably wouldn’t buy this one BECAUSE he’s on the cover.

Honestly, anybody here buy a mag just because of who is on the cover?! Random mags, maybe…but XXL or The Source?

50. HERBAL KINT Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:21 pm
    Weezy is cool….but c’mon. His last album wasn’t bad….but c’mon.

ANYONE THAT DOESNT KISS GROWN MEN ON THE LIPS

THIS IS HIP-HOP PEOPLE DON’T CONDONE FAGGOTRY

February 8th, 2007 at 3:25 pm
    YEAH OK AND BUDDENS IS THE BEST TO EVERY RAP

WELL IT DEFINTELY IS JAY’S FAULT CAUSE JAY IS THE ONE NOT LETTING THE ALBUM OUT, I REALIZE HE WOULDNT SELL GREAT BUT DID BLEEK YOUNG GUNS METH OR GHOSTFACE SELL WELL ? NO BUT THEY STILL GOT ALBUMS OUT, IS REDMAN GONNA SELL NO BUT THE SHIT WILL DROP, JAY ISNT LETTING THE GROWTH DROP, FOR WHATEVER REASON THATS FACT

51. I Fux Says:

the biggest thing going against Weezy is that he is a homosexual and unfortunately that is huge in the realm of hip-hop……….but step aside and see that that mothafucka’ is the most lyrical right now

52. Crazy88Since88 Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:20 pm
    They Give a OPENLY GAY rapper the cover over BIG… Fuck YOU XXL!!!
    ———
    how many times do yall expect them to photoshop that one picture of big

BIG > Fag Kissin Fake Daddy

53. Jamz Says:

Why do these magz continue to put the same follks on the covers all of the time? Give some shine to the unknown talents instead.

54. Mac Brown Says:

Like it or not the new school leaders are Jeezy, TI, Lil Wayne, and Juelz.

55. hoodtalk.org Says:

Papoose aint a mixtape legend, street legend?..Everybody respects…Papoose..

Papoose gets respect and acknowledgement from Nas, Tony Yayo, Kiss, Sheek, Cam, Jimmy, Game, Kayslay, Mister Cee, Maino, Fat Joe and…all the Real Brooklyn niggas that actually was in the streets…Not mufuckas that decided to be hard at 40 years old and were wearing colorful button ups and say “uh huh uh huh chea…chea…yessur”

Papoose gets acknowledgement from everybody for being that lyrical dude, everybody is looking for that next papoose, to take the mixtape scene by storm and to get more offers on the table than DAVID BECKHAM..you heard..

1.5 million just doesn’t come because you wack…come on now…?

Papoose is molding the culture…Labels is looking for the next papoose….

Eybody says Pap got Big L delivery…so you know he in good company..

all that equals = legendary status..

and I could really give a fuck if a bunch of ol’ nielsen soundscan ass niggas that livin in the suburbs and have milky white complexion agree with me or not..

“The Crackas buying your albums, so what the plotting about?” – Styles P

56. HERBAL KINT Says:

LETS ALL WAIT AND SEE HOW LIL WAYNE SELLS AFTER THE KISS BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH HE SELLS

57. 456 Says:

TO COMPARE EITHER OF THEM TO PAC IS INSANE ON SO MANY LEVELS

^ya niggas act like pac was always the pac that became legend. pac was just a cocky bastard with a black panther pedigree till he became bishop. strictly for my n.i.g.g.a.s was g.a.r.b.a.g.e. and i listened to that shit a lot. but pac always had a swagger and was truly commited to the mic. weezy get on my nerve but reality is reality and he’s doin it right now far as the game go.

58. Crazy88Since88 Says:

Mac Brown Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:29 pm
    Like it or not the new school leaders are Jeezy, TI, Lil Wayne, and Juelz.

TIP
    FAB
    JUELZ

59. Jamz Says:

What is the definition of a New School Leader?

60. They mad cuz we jump outta cabs, and hop on the bus. Coppin dust, PLUG INC rocks the whole Metropolis Says:

———
    platinum. he gave 2 crossover hits wt alan thick and LLoyd.

61. HERBAL KINT Says:

Shanti Says:
    February 8th, 2007 at 3:26 pm
    biggums–

who do you think are the leaders of the new school?

HONESTLY I WOULDNT SAY THERE IS ONE

HOW ARE T.I. AND LIL WHOOPI LEADERS OF THE NEW SCHOOL THEY’VE BEEN IN THE GAME DAMN NEAR 5 PLUS YEARS ?

IF YOU ASK WHO I THINK THE NEXT BEST IS I’D SAY

JOELL ORTIZ
    TERMANOLOGY

PROBABLY THE TOP 2 I’M LOOKING FOR

62. They mad cuz we jump outta cabs, and hop on the bus. Coppin dust, PLUG INC rocks the whole Metropolis Says:

JOELL ORTIZ
    TERMANOLOGY
    ——–
    good greif

63. green eyes Says:

dunno about juelz 88

64. 456 Says:

^most people do. if XXL put paris hilton on the cover then linsey lohan then that gay utah center you probably leave the shit on the newstand.

65. HERBAL KINT Says:

SMH @ PEOPLE SAYING SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN AROUND DAMN NEAR A DECADE A LEADER OF THE NEW SCHOOL I GUESS BUSTA AND CHARLIE BROWN STILL COUNT THAN TOO HUH ?

66. Mac Brown Says:

Jamz Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:31 pm
    What is the definition of a New School Leader?

^^ To me, its just the dudes that the 13-19 yr old crowd is feeling. (nhjic)

67. G7 Says:

>>Eybody says Pap got Big L delivery…so you know he in good company..

^similar voice, not delivery

68. Crazy88Since88 Says:

Jamz Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:31 pm
    What is the definition of a New School Leader?

Confidence

——–
    good greif

BOTH OF THEM WOULD MURDER WEEZY WITHOUT EVEN BREAKING A SWEAT

70. green eyes Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:33 pm
    ———
    platinum. he gave 2 crossover hits wt alan thick and LLoyd.

^ r&B collabos dont count

71. 456 Says:

JOELL ORTIZ
    TERMANOLOGY
    ——–
    good greif

^LMAO

72. hoodtalk.org Says:

IFux is your blog new…thats shit is hot props…god mad vids that aint even seen…good look on that…Like a site with mad vids on it…

But why you only got like 8 niggas commenting on your site? you need to promo betta my dude…

back to Nas and Jay…yeah Jay is more consistent…Can’t deny that at all…Jay has the mass appeal and pop culture in his grasp…Jay has that affect on people tho…

:( But to me Nas always won and will always be greater than anyone on that top 5 dead or alive…

I think Jadakiss should be added….but If I tell you who you should take down…yall get mad…

without doubt Jadakiss is top 10 dead or alive…..He needs greater and classical albums…I can’t believe people hated/slept on Kiss of Death…

73. I Fux Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:35 pm
    JOELL ORTIZ
    TERMANOLOGY
    ——–
    good greif

^^^LOL at plug………but those two are doing it

74. 456 Says:

Confidence

Swagger

Style

Ability to hold ones attention

Storytelling ability

Ability to change flows in each Album

Ability to attract the Crossover market while staying loyal to hardcore fans

A professional entertainer & except that

Someone who can market themselves with out gimmicks

A Bellwether

^co-fuckin-sign

75. They mad cuz we jump outta cabs, and hop on the bus. Coppin dust, PLUG INC rocks the whole Metropolis Says:

>>Eybody says Pap got Big L delivery…so you know he in good company..

^similar voice, not delivery
    ———-
    pap is vig L sprinkled wit a pinch of Canibus for lyrical flavor

76. Crazy88Since88 Says:

green eyes Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:35 pm
    dunno about juelz 88

If this Dude Shakes off Cam & Goes under Lyor or someone Highpower like that… Dude could spread his wings & become 100xs more marketable…

77. HERBAL KINT Says:

Mac Brown Says:
    February 8th, 2007 at 3:35 pm
    Jamz Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:31 pm
    What is the definition of a New School Leader?

^^ To me, its just the dudes that the 13-19 yr old crowd is feeling. (nhjic)

IF THATS THE DEFINTION THAN I’LL FALL BACK, YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT

BUT TO ME A LEADER OF THE NEW SCHOOL SHOULD BE SOMEONE THAT IS GETTING THE TORCHED PASSED TO THEM A YOUNG NEW CAT COMING IN HUNGRY READY TO TAKE THIS GAME OVER, AND HAS AN ABUNDANCE OF TALENT

78. green eyes Says:

Crazy88Since88 Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:38 pm
    green eyes Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:35 pm
    dunno about juelz 88

^ maybe. dudes got flow. but i think ill always see him as a weed carrier

79. Jamz Says:

Crazy88Since88 Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:36 pm
    Jamz Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:31 pm
    What is the definition of a New School Leader?

Confidence

Swagger

Style

Ability to hold ones attention

Storytelling ability

Ability to change flows in each Album

Ability to attract the Crossover market while staying loyal to hardcore fans

A professional entertainer & except that

Someone who can market themselves with out gimmicks

A Bellwether

^^^I don’t know anyone with all of that shyt playa! Sounds like the bionic rapper to me…LOL!

*We can rebuild him*
    *Make him better, stronger and faster*

80. I Fux Says:

hoodtalk.org Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:36 pm

^^^ Thanks for the props……….Yous a friend of ours(c) Random Wop

81. hoodtalk.org Says:

Crazy88Since88 Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:36 pm
    Jamz Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:31 pm
    What is the definition of a New School Leader?

Confidence

Swagger

Style

Ability to hold ones attention

Storytelling ability

Ability to change flows in each Album

Ability to attract the Crossover market while staying loyal to hardcore fans

A professional entertainer & except that

Someone who can market themselves with out gimmicks

A Bellwether

^IMMA KEEP IT FUNKY WITH ALL OF YOU…..THE YOUTH ONLY CARES ABOUT THE WAY A RAPPER DRESSES, HOW MUCH MONEY HE MAKES, WHAT WHIPS HE HAS, HOW HE LOOK (IMAGE IS EVERYTHING FOR THE YOUTH ESPECIALLY THE YOUNG LADIES), WHO HE SONNED OR SMACKED OR SHOT, HOW MUCH WEIGHT HE PUSHED ON THE BLOCK AND HOW MANY TIMES HE BEEN TO JAIL.

Yes I know sad but true…..The youth doesn’t give a fuck about lyrical ability…..

I mean bitches I know think that Lil Wayne is cute and sexy…muthafucka look like retarded kid with down syndrome that survived the abortion and had flesh eating diseas in his face…ugly mufcka…

82. 456 Says:

Dude could spread his wings & become 100xs more marketable…

^true. nigga got the voice. he killed that chris brown shit. but he got step his lyrical game up. weezy was killin him on those collabos.

83. green eyes Says:

^^ none of those older cats are trying to pass any torch. those dudes would rather see it extinguish in ther bathroom than pass it along

84. Shanti Says:

^^*clears throat*

TI has all of that.

85. Rey Says:

Fuck Lil Wayne. (No…Ah fuck it. No Birdman)

Dude is over-rated like crazy. I’m supposed to be impressed cuz this asshole takes 2.5 bars to say one fuckin’ rhyme?

Or maybe I’m supposed to be impressed that Whoopi Goldberg & A Muppet had a love child?

Or maybe I’m supposed to be impressed that he wears the same tore up jeans Dirt Angel wears?

Fuck Lil’ Wayne. It’s not even hating. It’s me S M motherfucking H head at the world ready to anoint this asshole off of (say it with me now) ONE ALBUM & ONE MIXTAPE!

Idiots.

Budden > Weezy

86. Rey Says:

Don’t even get me started on those blasphemous fuckers not putting BIG on that cover, either.

87. I Fux Says:

No hate disclaimer but:

GAME is that nigga right now he has all of the above, plus that gene that Tupac/DMX have its called being Crazy

88. green eyes Says:

lol @ agree w/ shanti

89. HERBAL KINT Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:38 pm
    >>Eybody says Pap got Big L delivery…so you know he in good company..

^similar voice, not delivery
    ———-
    pap is vig L sprinkled wit a pinch of Canibus for lyrical flavor

RIGHT AND CANABIS AND BIG L NEVER SOLD EVEN AFTER BIG L GOT KILLED HE NEVER SOLD SO PAP GETTING MURKED WOULD NOT MAKE HIM SELL AND NOT MAKE HIM A LEGEND

( PLUG THIS ISNT DIRECTED AT YOU JUST GOING OFF YOUR LAST COMMENT )

90. green eyes Says:

man.. fuck game.

91. 456 Says:

HERBAAAALLLLLLL…..HERRRRBALLLLLLL…HOW MUCH DID JOEY SELL? nah but seriously you really believe that joel ortiz is going to “take over the game”?

92. Crazy88Since88 Says:

Crazy88Since88 Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:38 pm
    green eyes Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:35 pm
    dunno about juelz 88

Shit… Jay-Z and now TI came under Lyors Thumb… Im tellin Cats… T.I. “IS” that Next HighPower Artist to follow after Jay.

Those Jews Put & will put More Money into T.I.s projects…

93. I Fux Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:42 pm
    Dude could spread his wings & become 100xs more marketable…

^^^^ Co-siggity

94. HERBAL KINT Says:

Crazy88Since88 Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:38 pm
    green eyes Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:35 pm
    dunno about juelz 88

AGREED I THINK JUELZ IS NICER THAN WEEZY JUST LAZY AND TOO DIP-SET INFLUENCED,

TI > JUELZ > WEEZY

95. Conor Says:

At least Weezy is wearing a shirt on this cover (No Please say the Baby)

96. Crazy88Since88 Says:

hoodtalk.org Says:

Sad but tru… *Daps Hood*

97. HERBAL KINT Says:

PREMO AND GURU HAVE BOTH CO-SIGNED PASSING THE TORCH TO TERMONLOGY, AND YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN DOESNT NESSECARILY NEED JAY-Z TO CO-SIGN HIM ( LOOK HOW THAT HELPED LUPE )

98. They mad cuz we jump outta cabs, and hop on the bus. Coppin dust, PLUG INC rocks the whole Metropolis Says:

HERBAAAALLLLLLL…..HERRRRBALLLLLLL…HOW MUCH DID JOEY SELL?
    —————-
    classic

*pulls up cam audio*

99. I Fux Says:

Those Jews Put & will put More Money into T.I.s projects…

^^^^ True and his movie blew him up………but he needs to put on some weight tell him to see Jose Canseco

100. 456 Says:

Fuck Lil’ Wayne. It’s not even hating.

^the last line is the funniest.

101. hoodtalk.org Says:

Juelz Santana has charisma thats about it.

But SMH @ Grown Men on here talking about how marketable Juelz Santana is…..that sounds almost half gay….

Unless you’re a Jewish Executive of course…which I doubt anyone on here is…

February 8th, 2007 at 3:42 pm
    Dude could spread his wings & become 100xs more marketable…

^I know this mafucka didn’t just say “He got that voice”…I hope you meant delivery…cuz you sounding like a teenage bitch who’s obsessed…

102. green eyes Says:

^ only those silly bitches who dont know a thing about hip hop think dude’s cute.
    weezy got hit with an ugly stick.

103. Jamz Says:

Shanti Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:42 pm

^^*clears throat*

TI has all of that.

^^Gurrrlll stop! He has many of those, but no all? I would say Biggie was teh closest to that description.

104. HERBAL KINT Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:44 pm

I DON;T KNOW IF ANYONE WILL EVER TAKE OVER AGAIN BUT I DO THINK IN 3 YEARS WE WILL BE SAYING THE NICEST DUDES OUT ARE JOELL ORTIZ AND TERMONOLOGY

LEADERS OF THE NEW SCHOOL SHOULD BASICALLY BE LIKE THE HEAD OF A DRAFT CLASS IN BASKETBALL/FOOTBALL

105. Conor Says:

LMAO at the Still stylin on you cover…..that shit looks like a high school kid did it for extra credit

106. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

Niggas can hate all they want but, Wayne live Hip-Hop. He strive to be the best and he putting work, as far as mixtapes and keeping his name hot. Ya’ll big up the Game when all he does is switch sides and name drop. Give credit when credit is due.

107. G7 Says:

weezy is alright, still young and has the potential to be really good, but at this point in his career he’s just way too flucken cocky. He needs to fall back a little bit and let his lyrics prove how good he is. Instead every time I hear him he’s talking about greatest rapper alive. Just rap. His over confidence is not helping him.

108. Shanti Says:

^^what doesnt he have that was on that list? like crazy said–”T.I. “IS” that Next HighPower Artist to follow after Jay.”

109. HERBAL KINT Says:

HERBAAAALLLLLLL…..HERRRRBALLLLLLL…HOW MUCH DID JOEY SELL?

AND HE DID GO GOLD OFF ONE SINGLE NO PROMO AND BEING A ROOKIE NO ONE HAS HEARD OF NOT TO BAD ? BUT W/E W/E W/E

110. I Fux Says:

hoodtalk.org Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:47 pm
    Juelz Santana has charisma thats about it.

Not half, that is definetly Faggity

111. green eyes Says:

weezy so gully he shot himself.
    idiot

112. Jamz Says:

green eyes Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:43 pm
    lol @ agree w/ shanti

^^Greena you can stop with all of the Laverne & Shirley “Shimill, Shimyvell” stuff too…LOL

I know you rolls with Shanti pretty tuff on here, so I expect you to cosign…LOL

113. 456 Says:

^clown. go check herbal’s man guru: “its mostly the voice…”

114. Conor Says:

Wayne stepped it up, but more than anything he went the wobbily wobbldy kid to legitimatly being lyrical

115. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

HERBAL KINT Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:46 pm

^ No offense, but there co-sign dont mean shit to most people in 2007.

116. Crazy88Since88 Says:

Jamz Says:

*We can rebuild him*
    *Make him better, stronger and faster*

…LOL…Jamz u’z a wild Boy (c) martin. …lol… But Jay HAD it, BIG had it, Slick Rick HAD it, BDK HAD it, Rakim HAD It, afew cats had it… its like what HOOD said… These young cats dont give a fuck… and the ones that do give a fuck… they get lable’d corny for not follow’n the crowd…

117. Rey Says:

It’s not hating, homey. I could honestly care less about how much money homeboy has, or that he’s selling.

‘Nilla Ice sold 10 mil, we know sales don’t equal skills & money don’t equal skills.

This dude hasn’t done shit to impress me yet, and I’m a motherfucking KANYE WEST stan. (no tiny bookbags)

Treach’s 2nd verse on OPP > Lil Wayne

Last Point– Since when the fuck did “swagger” become synonymous with “ability to rhyme”? It’s like NBAers becoming all stars based on “hustling & running the floor” instead of oh, i don’t know, points and rebounds.

Fuck outta here.

118. green eyes Says:

@ jamz- shes right though. you said big– but bigs dead- how can you say hes closest to being the ‘leader of the new school’?

119. I Fux Says:

Anna Nicole smith just died

120. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

Conor Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:51 pm

^ Dude was always nice. Most east coast fans just couldn’t get pass that line.

121. HERBAL KINT Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:51 pm

^clown. go check herbal’s man guru: “its mostly the voice…”

NOTHING HOMO ABOUT IT A RAPPER VOICE IS VERY IMPORTANT LIKE GURU SAID IT IS MOSTLY THE VOICE, SEE : JADA

AND ONE OF THE THINGS I HATE MOST ABOUT WEEZY IS THAT WHINEY NASALY SCRATHY VOICE THE SHITS LIKE NAILS ON CHAULKBOARD

122. Dockevoc Says:

Fuck Whoopie Goldberg! This faggot is so bad that Fergie says he has to step his game up! FUCK THIS FUCKING CLOWN!

123. Jamz Says:

^^Definitely, but I was mainly considering the younger katz of today! All of those dudes you mentioned had it, but they are far and few between!

124. 456 Says:

His over confidence is not helping him.

^this is hiphop. what are you talkin about…

125. HERBAL KINT Says:

MadeInMilwaukee….Since1979 Says:
    February 8th, 2007 at 3:51 pm
    HERBAL KINT Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:46 pm

^ No offense, but there co-sign dont mean shit to most people in 2007.

ITS SAD BUT TRUE WHICH IS WHY I SAID REALLY I MEANT THE PASSING THE TORCH THING MORE FIGURATIVLY CAUSE LIKE GREENIE SAID PEOPLE DON;T JUST TOSS OUT CO-SIGNS AND LIKE YOU SAID OTHERS DON;T CARE

126. G7 Says:

MadeInMilwaukee….Since1979 Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:48 pm

^ Wayne is improving, Game is getting worse. The name dropping is sickening!!

127. hoodtalk.org Says:

So we have established that Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne, Juelz Santana, T.I., Fabolous

are the future of rap? and you have to accept that right?

You gotta admit some dudes is just getting too old for this…..Your time is up tho..

Young Jeezy = 2007 The Southern Version of Jadakiss…i know its a reach…but you gotta throw the south a bone….

Lil Wayne = 2007 The Southern Version of Jay-Z….Pop appeal, Marketables…..People always wanna know what he is wearing, is on the radiowaves every second, albums go platinum…

T.I. = 2007 The Southern Version of Nas….Lyrical by Southern Standards…

Juelz Santana = 2007 Version of LL Cool J…..Charismatic dude, Swagger Right, Signed to a Major…Should only rap for the ladies…but doesn’t..

Fabolous = dude is nice with the punchlines and syllabels, he can spit crack…needs to drop his next album, which will be hot btw because he has every major producer and every big artist in the game…ya dig?

128. T Nelson Says:

Never knew having ghostwriters was an element of hip hop

129. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

G7 Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:55 pm
    MadeInMilwaukee….Since1979 Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:48 pm

^ Wayne is improving, Game is getting worse. The name dropping is sickening!!

^ We all know that pic was suspect, but line for line ain’t too many rappers young or old fucking with Wayne right now.

130. HERBAL KINT Says:

Treach’s 2nd verse on OPP > Lil Wayne

Fuck outta here.

CUUUUUCH

131. HERBAL KINT Says:

NYCKS > LIL WAYNE

132. Conor Says:

If wayne had Gillie writing all of his stuff, why doesn’t Gillie get more props as a lyricist, and why was the Dedication 2 up to par with the standards on the carter II, who would pay for mixtapes ghostwriters……no weezy stan, but I give credit

that being said

Term > Joel

133. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

T Nelson Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:55 pm
    Never knew having ghostwriters was an element of hip hop

^ So you going to believe somebody who can’t even run a weed house?

134. hoodtalk.org Says:

HERBAL KINT Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:53 pm
    February 8th, 2007 at 3:51 pm

^clown. go check herbal’s man guru: “its mostly the voice…”

^With Jada…its not about the voice…he is lyrically inclined…WTF YOU SPEAKING BOUT?

135. MadeInMilwaukee....Since1979 Says:

HERBAL KINT Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:58 pm
    NYCKS > LIL WAYNE

^ Me> Joe Buddens

136. hoodtalk.org Says:

ME AND MY BITCH GETTING BENT OFF A BOTTLE OF BOOZE

Imma Gangbang boss and a Byrdgang star
    I got the inside scoop on your broad
    She PSYCHIC…owwwwww
    She like to play on the SIDEKICK…owwwwwwww

Max B is that dude :)

137. Jamz Says:

Shanti Says:
    February 8th, 2007 at 3:49 pm

^^Well, his story telling is just average, because it’s mainly about the same stuff when he tells one. Some of the great story tellers like Slick Rick, Biggie, Kool G. Rap, etc. really made you feel the story as if you were there. They were on some Stephen King type ish…

The other is: Ability to attract the Crossover market while staying loyal to hardcore fans.
    I have heard so many fans of his earlier works that hate the stuff he’s doing now. The crossover stuff is not going over well with many of his once loyal fans. So, he loses on that one too.

TI is a helluva lot better than Weezy in my opinion, but he still has some more work to do. With some more time and work he could definitely be one of the great ones.

138. Crazy88Since88 Says:

MadeInMilwaukee….Since1979 Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:48 pm

i feel where u comin from (no homo) but in the Music Biz, the people that Need to respect Weezy, dont.

In the Music Biz, you get to the No.1 spot by respect only. People Respect your Business, Your Work, Your Style, Your Money, your Power, who YOU move (are cool/work) with, your professionalisum, how you mature IN the business & how your people Handle damage control… YOU are your Brand. And thats how your peers & everyone Judge and respect you.

Wayne aint even close to that. im not sayin he cant be, but you gotta EARN that kind of respect, Not take it… The Entertainment Biz aint the hood, u cant pull guns on niggas and demand respect… the Jews who pull the strings will shut that shit down!

Look @ 50… we all know where the nigga come from & his makeup… if he lost control and wigged out on Cam that day with Angie… That shit would have fucked his money up with them Jews… it would have show’d them that He (50) does not have control & he cant run a Multi-Million $$$ corporation (IE: Everything G-UNIT). he aint havein that & THEY dont want that.

139. hoodtalk.org Says:

What yall niggas think about Polow da Don?
    Feeling him or not (No homo, I can’t believe I have to say that everytime I type, mufuckas aint sure at all about they sexuality)
    Polow Da Don started exposing White Bitches Skirts on that verse…
    LOL
    “AND EVERY BITCH SHOULD HAVE A PICTURE OF MY DICK ON THEY WALL”
    lol…

140. hoodtalk.org Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=twBWigk3wuI

^Check out this stack bundles video…this is why people listen to rappers….swagger is very important facet of a rapper..

141. Shanti Says:

^^but he CAN tell a pretty good story plus there are always SOME loyal hardcore fans that complain about newer material. look at how people were criticising Kingdom Come.

TI is not the best in each of the categories Crazy listed but at the same time no one is. however, he does have everything crazy listed in varying degrees.

142. Jamz Says:

The real problem is the lack of exposure for the lessor known talented hip-hop artists that exist! Take Phonte from Little Brother for example. He’s one of the great ones in my opinion, but because LB doesn’t get any real exposure they get overlooked by the masses. The white kid that rolls with them Joe Scudda is a beast on the mic too, but who knows him?

My point is.. if all you ever get fed are crackers and cheese, then you may begin to think that’s the best thing going. U have to get out of the cheese line and hit the buffet to acquire some new tastes.

143. TruDat Says:

APRIL!?! I haven’t finished reading March yet…When does XXL close the writing on each issue? Has all the material been completed for this issue already? What is the cycle each month’s issue?

144. hoodtalk.org Says:

Why eybody clowning Young Jeezy for….He has swagger….Do you think people would be buying his album if they didn’t think he sold drugs?

Jeezy was riding lamborghini before he met puff or jay….

Jeezy went double platinum with his first album…and I think he already passed gold on his sophmore…

Jeezy is molding the culture…He has mad radio play and video play…

He’s new school don..

145. Jamz Says:

green eyes Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 3:52 pm

^^Let me clarify: My statement was – Biggie was the closest to that description that we’ve had in any generation. The term “New School” confuses me too… Is that age or years in the game?

146. hoodtalk.org Says:

TONIGHT, NAHRIGHTERS SHALL REUNITE AND RE-LIVE THE MOMENTS. skeet till you get rash burns for her sakes

147. Real>Tough Says:

What a Homo! He should be banned from hiphop wearing a shirt like that… He’s not even a legend or a great! He did 2 Jay Z albums…. Kissing dudes, shot himself in the leg for Street Cred…. Weezy Goldberg is wack!

148. j Says:

what’s with the photoshop overkill? dude looks like a painting. and who cares if he thinks he’s hip hop? wayne is pimping “hip hop” internet sites and magazines. ain’t that how all the great rap stars of the new millennium are made?

149. d stapes Says:

funny ya’ll talkin about how lyrical dude is and he raps about the same ish over and over again.

i’m from the south and, even though his album was trash, lupe is more lyrical than weezy f baby any day of the week. a banging beat and the ability to glide on it does not make you a lyrical monster. the ability to rap about more than 5 things is a skill he shoul learn.

also, i don’t give a fuck if dude kisses his pa on the mouth…doesn’t make him more or less trash to me.

can’t deny that dude will sell though.

150. d stapes Says:

^^^^^^^
    real talk

151. cklhiphop Says:

Finally he is on the cover of xxl by himself…

i’m gonna grab 3 copies.

152. BY ANY MEANS Says:

AFTER SEEING THIS COVER I HAVE SOME HATRED IN MY HEART XXL NEED TO BE COCKED SMACK. LIL WAYNE NEED TO BE COCKED SMACK ooh my bad it’s daily thing for him. This LiL nigga better have a hot ass album

153. Paperstacker Says:

Look at the irony of the t-shirt.. I am hip hop? Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit, this cover is as disgraceful as when Bizarre and D12 were on the cover of this or the Source or some shit.

Weezy does drop some fire single sometimes, i wont even lie, there were some gems on the carter and the carter 2, lyrically and beat wise. But regardless he dont deserve no xxl cover like this.

But as far as teh south goes, yall niggas gotta admit this weezy goldberg nigga is better lyrically than TI. Get the fuck outta here with that TI is the next jay z shit, haha, niggas on here really hitting that crack pipe.

154. ASK Says:

# green eyes Says:
    February 8th, 2007 at 3:16 pm

———

I still have that issue…CLASSIC!!!

155. esbee Says:

But who’s to say Weezy ain’t hip hop though? Folks don’t need to get mad at the fact he’s wearing an “I am Hip Hop” tee..shoot, everyone who’s down with the culture can wear one. Won’t change the fact that he isn’t a goat rapper as of yet.

I already have an idea of what XXL will love to have him say, prolly gas him up to reiterate his stance on Jay and Nas or whatever. I just hope Jay doesn’t give his stepson any attention..not right now at least.

Remember Mos Def’s words on BOBS? “whenever you ask where’s hip hop going, ask yourself where you’re going..”

Hip hop is for anybody and everybody who cares to embrace her.

156. Hip Hop since 79' Says:

What can I say? What are the perfect words?

Let me take a shot in the dark… “stop smoking crack!!”

157. KellEL Says:

If you are going to celebrate one of hip hop’s legend’s shouldn’t he be on the cover instead of someone how does nothing for hip-hop besides make a lot of freestyles and brags about dumb isht someone at XXL needs there kufi slapped.

158. riblet Says:

hey. why does eskay subtlely hate the Wayne. I mean honestly no one is near him lyrically or rhythmically. He has mad flow, by definition. people hated on BIG and Pac back in the day. find me one hater now.

159. D.N.(The Kufi Smacker) Says:

Lol @ Lil Wayne being on the cover.

160. Joey Cake Says:

Damn! What is the printing cycle on XXL? I subscribe and still ain’t got the March joint yet, what gives? Anyone know?

161. eBay Says:

Hey.. its your mag eskay lol

162. mariokart Says:

how the fuck weezy go in complex mag and say he’s better than Hova… and he was serious! fuck XXL. i’m ashamed to have a subscription

163. whatthefuck Says:

c’mon xxl what the fuck is wrong with u. How u going disrespect the greatest rapper of all time by not putting him on the cover. That shit right make me not wanna buy the magazine ever again. I don’t give fuck who u put up there it should have been big

164. Big Jah Says:

Lil’ Wayne with a guitar looks eerily similar to Tracy Chapman, circa “Fast Car”.

The kids got ability, but he’s not nice–he needs to step his writing game up (write a fast song). Whomever said he’s similar to pre-prison Pac is smoking paint chips–Pac had mystique, ability AND love from different audiences (from “When my homie calls” to “Brenda’s Got a Baby”…). Weezy’s got one group–cats that value flow over content. Revolutionaries don’t feel him, chicks don’t feel him, old heads DEFINITELY don’t feel him…

He’s limited. Very nice background music, because of his amazing flow, but limited…

Jah

165. Jah Says:

Peace,
    Jah

166. Sean Mayor Says:

homo thug.real men don’t kiss men

167. E From BK Says:

# Mac Brown Says:
    February 8th, 2007 at 3:29 pm

Like it or not the new school leaders are Jeezy, TI, Lil Wayne, and Juelz.
    ==================================================
    What’s sad is that Joel Ortiz and Saigon murders each of them.

168. real spit Says:

E From BK Says:

February 8th, 2007 at 9:55 pm
    # Mac Brown Says:
    February 8th, 2007 at 3:29 pm

Like it or not the new school leaders are Jeezy, TI, Lil Wayne, and Juelz.
    ==================================================
    What’s sad is that Joel Ortiz and Saigon murders each of them.

——————————————————————————

WHATS REALLY, REALLY SAD IS THAT NO ONE CARE ABOUT NO WACK AZZ JOEL ORTIZ OR WEAK BROKE AZZ SAIGON, NOW THAT REALLY SAD FO REAL, FO REAL

169. Samantha Says:

omg @ whoever said weezy looks like he survived an abortion

*dies*

170. the right coase Says:

lil weezy is a kook. lets hear some andre nickatina news im tryin to keep it hyphy and do some thizzle shittt

171. Rude the Day F@ck Face! Says:

Everybody’s so teary eyed over this shit.
    Give me a break.
    They all come and go, on the cover one month, never again ever again…except Wayne….he’s been around for a while while while now, he aint going nowhere. And as long as you keep talking about him, he’s always gonna have a voice, and the reason people talk about him is because he’s worth your breath till yall all cough up on yourselves and cry some more. Stop bitching and start making. Damn.

172. Darth Cipher Says:

big pun rest in peace… why he didnt get the cover is beyond me

173. SMARTENUPNAS.COM » Blog Archive » LIL WEEZY on the cover of XXL magazine Says:

[...] (got the pic from nahright.com ) Bookmark to: [...]

174. Dockevoc Says:

my love for baby is sooo soft….
    my music so soft…

175. Complex » Blog Archive » Rap Sheet: Fitty Gets His Money Says:

[...] XXL follows our lead: Puts Lil Wayne on their cover. [...]

176. VISAR Says:

XXlL FUCk benzino

177. M1zz-Queen Says:

Are y’all for real?……
    ________
    hoodtalk.org Says:
    swagger is very important facet of a rapper..
    ________

what the hell swagger got to do with it? thats why cats is confused out here, coz y’all done forgot what this ish really is about. it aint about an image. what happened to the days when hip hop was about expressing yourself, and being real and artistic in the midst of adversity and opression. this ish went from a fad to a culture in and of itself because people were passionate about the art, now its all about the money. n who y’all think is really cakin’ trust me it aint y’all beloved artists. its them folks up there in corprate offices pullin their strings
    …..talkin bout swagger while that brother lookin like he need to b on a skateboard o somethin……

178. BigLite Says:

Weezy rap ok for ah Southern nigga, but then again how can we really know when his style dramatically changed when Gillie got signed? You dummies think that’s ah coincidence. Furthermore, anybody who co-signs him is prolly ah faggot too. If a grown man kissed his 1 year old son, he might get ah pass, but two grown men kissing……..Baby prolly molested that boy. Why Wayne gonna go after legendary niggaz who he know won’t answer his bitch-ass, but he didn’t say shit when KaySlay screamed on’em!

Why not? I’ll tell you why……Because he didn’t wanna get “Ethered” by Papoose. It’s alotta cats on Wayne’s level in the game that ah smoke him

Pap, Saigon, Jae Millz, and ah bunch ah niggaz on my block.

179. Keenan Says:

To me im bout ready for someone to challenge Lil Wayne for claiming that he is the best rapper alive. Back in the day if someone would say something like that their would have been a good clean battle to see who was the best. Wayne is nice on the mic and I think he is up there but if nobody challenges him then shit I guess he is hip hop and the best rapper alive.

180. Truth Says:

Damn, I’ma have to stop checkin for XXL, it is slap in the face of hip hop to put Weezy on the cover and not BIG.

181. JROCK Says:

wEEZY is a chump what Gillie said Gillie ment , weezey is not original that is the spoken truth anybody think else holla at me i’ll smack some sence in yall non-believers , fuk cash money ! ! !
    no-hating just regulating ! ! !

182. GET Says: