Hi Tek ft. Nas – Music For Life

nas-vma.jpg

Here’s what I assume is just a snippet of Music For Life from Hi-Tek’s Hi-Teknology 2: The Chip. According to the track list it also features Common, Busta, Marsha from Floetry and J Dilla.

Hi Tek ft. Nas – Music For Life

UPDATE: dirty footage of Nas and Jay performing at Wembley arena the other night.

163 Responses to “Hi Tek ft. Nas – Music For Life”

1. Plug Industries Says:

first muhfukkas!!!

2. Plug Industries Says:

now thats how you start off a workday…

3. skeeematics Says:

Real cool… laid back type of Hip Hop. I like this beat better than that “NY” joint. Tek couldve stepped up on the beat for NY

4. keitH Says:

trE pound

5. icon (Trillbert Arenas) Says:

Word

6. Mustafah Says:

FIYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

7. QDotSmith Says:

decent track…nas verse was hot..i like the mellow beat. cant really hate on a song talkin about your life and love for music itself. im sure we could all write a 16 about music in our lives… thats an assignment for the class

8. QDotSmith Says:

morning nahright, hot coffee hot krispy kreme glazed, and a new nas track, bout to throw in Reasonable Doubt…it is a great morning, o yea work, i can get to that later

9. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

ditto on the RD

10. Plug Industries Says:

test

11. Plug Industries Says:

Dam you, eskay….

*raises fist*

12. iLL Change Says:

boost the crime rate

13. QDotSmith Says:

random comment ill change

14. Jay Willz Says:

dime doggY!

15. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

This track is crack….further evidence that:

Nas > Jay

16. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

WHATS GOOD NAH RIGHT, ANYONE KNOW WHEN THIS HI-TEK ALBUM’S SUPPOSED TO DROP ?

17. iLL Change Says:

>> random comment ill change

i’m blasting off

18. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

WHATS GOOD NAH RIGHT, ANYONE KNOW WHEN THIS HI-TEK ALBUM’S SUPPOSED TO DROP ?

^ According to the track, it says OCT17. Ty, remember…Reading is fundamental!

19. QDotSmith Says:

Max we startin the jay>nas war early arent we

20. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

# QDotSmith Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 9:13 am

Max we startin the jay>nas war early arent we

^ absolutely

21. iLL Change Says:

Bost The Crime Rate – Alchemist f/ Sheek Louch & Jae Hood from 1st Infantry

22. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

and its the nas > jay war

23. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 9:12 am
    WHATS GOOD NAH RIGHT, ANYONE KNOW WHEN THIS HI-TEK ALBUM’S SUPPOSED TO DROP ?

^ According to the track, it says OCT17. Ty, remember…Reading is fundamental!

WELL SMART ASS ITS KIND OF HARD TO READ IT IF I DONT CLICK ONTO THAT PAGE, SO IF I CANT SEE THE WORDS I CANT READ IT, BUT THANKS FOR ANSWERING THE QUESTION ANYWAY

24. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 9:14 am
    and its the nas > jay war

NAW QDOT HAD IT RIGHT

JAY > NAS

25. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

^ Sure, anytime buddy

26. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

Damn, i listened to this track 4 times already

***Wishes Nas would have spit longer***

27. iLL Change Says:

Raekwon – Rooftop – ill

28. QDotSmith Says:

jay=nas just depends on the mood you in…you feelin fresh and arrogant, or want a good story you go for jay..if you cheefin and you got some time on your hands to sit back and just think about some shit and just get lost in the music go for nas.

29. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

Jay = (nas – young joc)

30. frank lee speakin Says:

nas=don cheadle

good supporting actor who may shine on his own once every 10 years

what’s poppin. another forgettable Nas verse, nothing to see here.

*waits for Show Me What You Got to leak*

32. iLL Change Says:

Show Me What You Got = Show You How Pt. 2

33. QDotSmith Says:

the hottest part of nas’s verse was him talkin about his pop…i listened to the track once and thats the only thing i remember, wasnt worth the click of a mouse to hear again…but if it was on the radio i’d prolly tune in..nuttin to rush to the store for tho

34. QDotSmith Says:

frank lee you on point with that

35. iLL Change Says:

belittle NaS post #3942

36. icon (Trillbert Arenas) Says:

Nas= probably the best lyricist in the game, but he hasn’t perfected the commercial formula of dumbing down for dollars, and making marketing moves…

37. iLL Change Says:

QDotSmith Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 8:36 am
    decent track…nas verse was hot

eskay Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 9:22 am
    what’s poppin. another forgettable Nas verse, nothing to see here.

QDotSmith Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 9:24 am
    i listened to the track once and thats the only thing i remember, wasnt worth the click of a mouse to hear again… nuttin to rush to the store for tho

change of heart

38. iLL Change Says:

QDotSmith Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 8:36 am
    decent track…nas verse was hot

eskay Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 9:22 am
    what’s poppin. another forgettable Nas verse, nothing to see here.

QDotSmith Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 9:24 am

change of heart

39. QDotSmith Says:

jay-z=denzel washington

you know hes gonna give a good performance no matter the role he takes…shoulda went platinum with reasonable doubt, before he did. just like denzel should have gotten an award for Malcom X. instead he got that big push with TB..denzel got his award with training day..

40. QDotSmith Says:

ill change that was the initial thought of it, its hot, but it aint classic rewind that…i mean and after listening to hurt me soul a couple times in a row, that kinda set the bar for new shit comin out for me

41. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

whattup ill

42. icon (Trillbert Arenas) Says:

The Hi-Tek joint with Talib plus this Nas joint, make the new album a must buy

43. Eric Mangini Says:

Yo eskay you heard Maino stomped Tragedi Khadafi into the carpet at T.I’s party?..Miss Info put me on last night..She also said that that transtesticle looking dude Cam’s with in the pic is also some chick with 2 kids?..Not that it matters but..just trynna do my nahright part??.

44. G7 Says:

Nas came nice on this. It was brief though, nothing special. It’s just as forgettable as Jay talking tough on “Pressure”

45. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

YO ANYONE HEAR THAT NEW REMO DA RAPSTAR MIXTAPE MY BOY SAID ITS FIRE, HE HAS CLINTON SPARKS GREEN LANTERN DJ VLAD AND DIRTY HARRY ALL DJ’ING ON THE TAPE FOR HIM.

46. landLord Says:

… Ramadan Mubarak …

47. nation of moderation Says:

hold your head landlord (n/h)

damn jay better deliver on that single. the name sounds like ass (n/h) but i hope hell deliver some fire.

i have my last driving class today.. driving test october 13th. expect me in a hood near you mid october

48. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug... Says:

eskay, that took 53 minutes and 47 seconds, son. you slackin

49. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

mannnn

50. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

NATION – YOU START WATCHING LOST YET ?

51. nation of moderation Says:

mixunit.com/canadiancoke.html

you already know. damn imagine if he gets signed to g unit

52. nation of moderation Says:

barely ty, ive been busy with school and watching little britain. i will though, my friend is giving me the dvd. speaking of which, im out

53. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

Damn, I didnt know Kanye West produced ‘the cool’. That nigga soundtrakk (who did kick push, The Emperor’s Soundtrack, Real & Sunshine) is a beast…..Needlz & Ron Brownz better be watchin out for that newcomer of the year producer award.

54. QDotSmith Says:

so the pen is mightier then the sword my lord/ my first picture was a line up now im on the forbes/ i still remained an artist through this all/ if you force my hand i’ll be forced to draw/ if the war calls for war hogs/ i hope you got enough spance on your whores walls, i make niggas murals, then escape the buroughs/ investigation out in europe on vacation
    im back for you puppies with pound boy/ raaaah/ heres a round boy/ raaah raaah/ down boy/ sound board you dont wanna hear a sound lash loud noise/ leave niggas paralyzed if not paranoid/ which means you cant walk in my shoes/ to much green you cant talk in my hue/ extended team, holla at Lue/ 1st and 15th nigga thats my Cue, through….the verse wasnt that forgetable G7

55. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

i hope you got enough spance on your whores walls,

^ Wtf are you talkin about?

56. QDotSmith Says:

**space, i forgot max you a hawk for spelling and grammar

57. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

QDOT – THE VERSE WAS PRETTY AVG. A BEST, I’M A HOV STAN BUT IF THATS WHAT WE ARE GETTING ON KINGDOM COME, THEN KEEP IT HOV STAY RETIRED, NOW I HAVE FAITH HIS ALBUM WILL BE CRACK BUT HIS VERSE ON PRESSURE WAS EHHH

PLUS EVERY VERSE ON F & L > JAY’S VERSE ON PRESSURE

58. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

^ and that verse was very forgettable. However, Lupes was not.

59. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

YEAH MAX IS THE SECOND GRADE ENGLISH TEACHER ALWAYS BREAKING OUT THE RED PEN TO CORRECT PEOPLE SPELLING AND GRAMMAR

YOU REALLY COULDNT FIGURE OUT HE MEANT TO TYPE SPACE THERE ?

60. QDotSmith Says:

61. landLord Says:

“…I aint a credited institute graduate
    I aint from Nazareth
    My conception wasnt immaculate
    I aint master no calculus
    I did addition to the rap audi-awnce
    I backflipped on the mattress they slept on me on…”

Lupe Fiasco – Just Might Be OK

62. QDotSmith Says:

excuse me before the red pen comes out ***forgettable

63. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

did a track list 4 the nas or jay come out yet?

64. QDotSmith Says:

landlord that verse is crazy

65. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

**space, i forgot max you a hawk for spelling and grammar

^ No, I hawk for incorrect lyrics.
    “i hope you got enough space on your halls walls.

66. landLord Says:

nation of moderation Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 9:46 am
    hold your head landlord (n/h)

———————–

…thanks nation…salaam…

67. QDotSmith Says:

red flag drawn on the lyric, time to review the play, after closer listen with no distractions, max you are right, and one time out will be taken from QdotSmith i need some coffee

68. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

eskay Says:

September 25th, 2006 at 4:30 pm
    I do, but that has nothing to do with it. Game is a better rapper at this stage in their careers
    ——————-
    I disagree. 50 flow is light years ahead of games. Game is just makin better street music. 50 makes music for the masses. 50 still come hard (n/h) when he wants too

69. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

WHEN ? SERIOUSLY WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE LIKE DAMN BOO-BOO JUST KILLED THAT TRACK ?

70. landLord Says:

QDotSmith Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 10:00 am
    landlord that verse is crazy

———————————

…”Just Might Be OK” is monumental….Lupe has crushed all his peers in the industry….and these F&F cats, Prolyfic and Soundtrakk are beasts on the boards (in addition to Needlez and Kanye)….Kanye and Just Blaze couldnt have done it better…speaking of Kanye, The Cool is his best board work in a while…

71. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

^ Lol, that was pretty funny. I will continue to revel in my faultlessness.
    ***pats myself on the back***

72. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

***NOTE: THIS STATEMENT IS COMING FROM A JAY Z HATER***

Is it me, or does the beat to ”Just Might Be OK” sound similar to “Hovi Baby”?

73. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:07 am

———–

74. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

^ Not true. False.

75. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

how many songs from the F & L advance are on the actual cd?

76. landLord Says:

“…you see what his problem is
    he dont know where his poppa is
    No positive male role model
    to play football or build railroad models…”

Lupe Fiasco – He Say She Say

77. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

# You go 0 for everything, I’m six for six…..Plug Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:14 am

how many songs from the F & L advance are on the actual cd?

^ Too many. All but 4 songs on the retail were on the adv.

78. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

are yall sayin that Games flow is better than 50′s?

79. Two-Times Says:

I agree with Max

I’m Supposed to Die Tonight & Position of Power real good songs.

80. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

are yall sayin that Games flow is better than 50’s?

^ No, but his cd was def better than the massacre.

81. frank lee speakin Says:

lupe fiasco=a grunge talib kweli

82. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:13 am

^ Not true. False.

SERIOUSLY DREAMS > THAN THE ENTIRE ASSACRE

START FROM SCRATH > THAN ENTIRE ASSACRE

DOCUMENTARY > ENTIRE ASSACRE

AND THAT STILL DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT THAT BOO-BOO HASNT SPIT A DECENT VERSE IN LIKE 3 YEARS

>>If you take all the commercial songs off of the massacre, it would be waaaaay better than documentary

no. you’re wrong.

I see Plug is letting his g-unit stannery shine today.

84. Two-Times Says:

My bad I got the posts mixed up

85. landLord Says:

Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 10:10 am
    ***NOTE: THIS STATEMENT IS COMING FROM A JAY Z HATER***

Is it me, or does the beat to ”Just Might Be OK” sound similar to “Hovi Baby”?

———————-

…yep, yep…i was just telling wifey that last night…i even played BP2 to prove it…not only is the beat similar, but Lupe channels Hova in his delivery and cadence….

*Hovi Baby = one of JayZ’s greatest performances*

86. G7 Says:

>>the verse wasnt forgetable but i dont expect this type of hov on his next album. this is a guest feature, atleast we got a verse from him and not just his voice, i.e. im’a hustle, that mary track. i thought it was a decent feature from hov, considering hustlin, and the numerous beyonce features

@ QDot- For a Jay verse it was forgetable. Look at what he mentions in the verse….Forbes, vacation in europe, too much green$$. C’mon man. All material shit we’ve heard how many times before??? The verse was good, nothing great. But I will agree with you that the material on his album will be better.

87. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

ESKAY – YO, YOU HEAR THAT REMO DA RAPSTAR MIXTAPE ( THEY GOT IT ON MIXTAPETORRENTS I THINK ITS ON PAGE 2 NOW ) MY BOY SAID ITS REAL HOT AND WITH ALL THOSE DJ’S I’M TRYING TO HEAR IT

88. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

I see Plug is letting his g-unit stannery shine today.
    —–

89. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 10:10 am
    ***NOTE: THIS STATEMENT IS COMING FROM A JAY Z HATER***

Is it me, or does the beat to ”Just Might Be OK” sound similar to “Hovi Baby”?

———————-

*Hovi Baby = one of JayZ’s greatest performances*

^ Good, I was wondering if I was the only person who noticed that. After 5 seconds into hearing the beat for the first time, I could def pick that out. OK, I can sleep at night again.

90. Two-Times Says:

“Many Men” is defintely better than any song Game has ever put out to date.

Great beat
    Great chorus
    Great lyrics

91. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

I’m Supposed to Die Tonight – 50 Cent > Dreams – GAME

Position of Power – 50 Cent > Westside Story

RYDER MUSIC > any song on games cd

92. Two-Times Says:

Gotta go, I’m out.

93. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

=====http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaAS_SpWQRA====

94. landLord Says:

…i LOVE Jill Scott and im a newly annointed Lupe stan, but “Daydreamin” could have been left off….its the only skip-worthy song on the album (imo)…

95. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

yo, how do you post links?

96. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

You go 0 for everything, I’m six for six…..Plug Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:22 am
    I’m Supposed to Die Tonight – 50 Cent > Dreams – GAME

Position of Power – 50 Cent > Westside Story

RYDER MUSIC > any song on games cd

YOUR CRAZY, I LIKE YOU BUT YOUR CRAZY (C) WILL FERELL OLD SCHOOL

HOW YOU GONNA CONVIENTLY LEAVE OUT THE BEST SONGS ON THE DOCUMENTARY ?

DOCUMENTARY AND START FROM SCRATH > THE ENTIRE ASSACRE

THIS ISNT EVEN AN OPINION THIS IS ALL FACTS

97. QDotSmith Says:

just be ok is def a replica of hovi baby…the drums the horns… def to instrumentals to let your skill show through of riding a beat.

games documentary was better then the masacre. many men though is a classic track. still gets play in the whip. but i think after this album game is gonna surpass 50. he has to, if he doesnt then he will be forgotten. i give 50 one more cd of lime light, and thats it. But no one can argue that GRODT ranks amongst the top as a debut mainstream album.

98. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

landLord Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:25 am

CO-SIGN I SKIP THAT AND SOMETIME KICK PUSH BUT OTHERWISE THE SHIT PLAYS STRAIGHT THROUGH AND THEN I HIT REPEAT

99. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

# landLord Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:25 am

^ I liked that joint like the first 5 times I heard it, but its lost its appeal. I’m a neptunes fan but think think that “I gotcha” could have been left off.

100. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

The original disco inferno > Start from Scratch

101. QDotSmith Says:

i gotcha is something for the radio…something for the white girls, kick push is something for the white doods even the the beat is hot and i like the hook, its good drivin music…i get annoyed with i gotcha, it gets a once a day play if i can even make it through the whole song

102. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

# You go 0 for everything, I’m six for six…..Plug Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:29 am

The original disco inferno > Start from Scratch

^ co-sign…even though the documentary was better than the massacre, that track is appalling.

103. G7 Says:

Right now I’d say Game > 50
    But 50 in his Power of the Dollar days around 99-2000 would give Game a serious run!!

>>ESKAY – YO, YOU HEAR THAT REMO DA RAPSTAR MIXTAPE

who the hell is Remo the Rapstar

105. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

>>ESKAY – YO, YOU HEAR THAT REMO DA RAPSTAR MIXTAPE

who the hell is Remo the Rapstar

^ A terrible rapper who has no skills of charisma

>>Naw. I liked both cd’s. but 50 rides the beat better than game dould ever imagine. he just says what niggas what they want to hear

^wrong again.

>>A terrible rapper who has no skills of charisma

lol at Biggs asking if I heard that. I haven’t even listened to that Luda mixtape I posted yet.

108. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

^ If u havent listened to the luda mixtape, be sure to skip the album…its gobbage!

109. QDotSmith Says:

is the luda cd worth coppin? anyone got scoop on that yet? es? im sure the mixtape is better then the album

110. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

eskay Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:32 am
    >>ESKAY – YO, YOU HEAR THAT REMO DA RAPSTAR MIXTAPE

who the hell is Remo the Rapstar

WORD YOU NEVER HEARD OF HIM, HE’S BEEN AROUND FOR A MINUTE UNDERGROUND MIXTAPE SHIT BUT STILL BEEN AROUND, HE IS FROM THE BX

Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:33 am
    >>ESKAY – YO, YOU HEAR THAT REMO DA RAPSTAR MIXTAPE

who the hell is Remo the Rapstar

^ A terrible rapper who has no skills of charisma

THATS WHAT I USED TO THINK ABOUT HIM UNTIL MY BOY WHO PRODUCES AND HAS BEEN WORKING WITH RED SPYDA ALOT ACTUALLY PLAYED ME A BUNCH OF SONGS REMO DID WITH SPYDA AND I WAS SHOCKED WITH HOW NICE HE HAD GOTTEN, MY BOY ALSO SAID THE ENTIRE MIXTAPE IS CRACK AND LIKE I SAID ANYONE WHO CAN GET CLINTON SPARKS GREEN LANTERN DJ VLAD AND DIRTY HARRY ON THE SAME MIXTAPE I MEAN THATS DEFINTELY A GOOD LOOK

111. landLord Says:

… I like “I Gotcha” … the piano-loop and organ grinding interspersed with the kick-snare and hi-hat is typical, minimalist production by the Neptunes …i love it…

112. QDotSmith Says:

max its gawbage? thats a shame, im not a huge luda fan but i would think since hes trying to “grow up” he would offer something worthwhile, worth a few dollas or sumthin….guess i’ll get it bootlegged

113. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

eskay Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:34 am
    >>A terrible rapper who has no skills of charisma

TRUE I FORGET HOW YOU BE SLACKING ON LISTENING TO MUSIC NOT FROM JAY OR LUPE

QDOT – MY BOY PLAYED THE LUDA ALBUM FOR ME YESTERDAY ITS AWFUL THE MIXTAPE IS ALOT BETTER

>>TRUE I FORGET HOW YOU BE SLACKING ON LISTENING TO MUSIC NOT FROM JAY OR LUPE

Zing!

115. QDotSmith Says:

thanks ty…i might have to go re cop the lox we are the streets…i cant find mines, i think my boy gripped it…bastard

116. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

QDotSmith Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:40 am

YO I HAD TO RE COP THAT JUST A COUPLE WEEKS AGO

I GOT THIS CRAVING I HAD TO HEAR RECOGNIZE AND MINE WAS TO SCRATCHED SO I HAD TO GO RECOP IT, THAT ALBUM IS ON POINT

117. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

# QDotSmith Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:37 am

^ I shit you not, it truly is not worth the time or bandwidth to download Ludas cd. In all seriousness:

Field mobs cd > Ludas cd

118. QDotSmith Says:

the funny thing is my boy aint a lox fan and he played it while we was on our to the bar, and the cd was scratched and shit, and it got me wantin to hear the shit skip free and i cant find mines…. thieves man i hate them with a passion, yo atleast if you gonna steal from me take care of my shit, and he always looks at my cd collection whenever he at the crib

119. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

HERES THE INFO FROM MIXUNIT.COM ON THE REMO MIXTAPE IF ANYONE CARES

120. landLord Says:

…it seems Luda is capable of so much more lyrically, but he seems more intent on being a rap personality instead of a stellar MC ….classic case of dumbing down …it must be his radio background…

121. QDotSmith Says:

i heard a couple tracks off that field mob…they iight in my book, ehhh ima run to circuit city and check it out…i might end up gettin that sheek louch after taxes, i slept on it long enough

122. Shanti Says:

^^co-sign.

123. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

^ Landlord, have u heard ludas new shit? If so, what did you think about the project as a whole? Ty and I laid down our opinions, whats yours?

124. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

QDOT – THEIVES HAVE BEEN PILLAGING MY CD COLLECTION FOR YEARS, I HAVE GOTTEN HUNDREDS OF CD’S STOLEN, BORROWED AND LOST OR BORROWED AND FORGOTTEN SO MANY TIMES ITS RIDICULOUS I’VE HAD TO BUY SOME CD’S LIKE 4 AND 5 TIMES, THATS WHY AS SOON AS I COP AN ALBUM NOW IT GOES STRIGHT INTO MY ITUNES AT MY HOUSE AND MY ITUNES AT WORK SO NOW I ALWAYS HAVE TO BACK-UPS, NOW IF ONLY I HAD THAT SHIT FOR THE PAST 10-12 YEARS I WOULD OF SAVED ME ALOT OF CASH

125. Shanti Says:

i didn’t download the luda mixtape or retail. glad i didn’t waste space on my computer.

126. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

i might end up gettin that sheek louch after taxes, i slept on it long enough

^ Try hibernation…that cd is wack (and this is coming from a d-block stan)

127. You go 0 for everything, I'm six for six.....Plug Says:

^wrong again
    ———-
    you dudes is somethin else. Yall dont like 50 because he went commercial. but like game because his whole life IS a commercial. lol

128. QDotSmith Says:

luda is a lyrical monster…i got high expectations for dood. he one of the down south mc’s i respect. and is it me or can luda do better then shake your money maker. skateboard P could have done a better track then that…he shoulda had timbo produce that track

129. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

landLord Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 10:47 am

THATS WHAT IVE ALWAYS SAID ABOUT LUDA, HE HAS ALL THE TALENT IN THE WORLD AND POTENTIAL TO BE A SERIOUS PROBLEM BUT HE HAS TO STAY ON HIS CLOWN CARTOONISH TIP, PEOPLE LIKE LUDA METH AND REDMAN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM SIT DOWN AND GIVE US SOME REAL HEARTFELT INTROSPECTIVE SHIT, SOMETHING BUDDENS WOULD DO I THINK THEY COULD ALL AMAZE US IF THEY JUST TRIED SOME SHIT LIKE THAT

130. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

^ I think the beat is crack…but the lyrical content is wack. I can’t stand that song.

131. Temp Agency Says:

**chux da middle finger**

wat up wat up

132. QDotSmith Says:

no lie ty…it seems like alot of people like to steal my jay cds, like i dont buy 2 and have one sittin at the crib still in plastice waitin for the first one to get stolen…thats the only artist i always keep a fresh disc at the crib…if i replace one i go by another one to replace the next. but cd thieves are the worse. or cd borrowers, always return ur shit with 50 thousand scratches, and the only songs that play are the ones you always skip

133. landLord Says:

Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 10:48 am

—————————-

…nah, i dont check for Luda like that…but from what i’ve streamed and sampled, it sounds like it has it’s brief moments of promise, but as usual, Luda is average at best….

134. Shanti Says:

shake your money maker is a boring song. i think he intended it to be a club banger but he failed.

135. Jamz Says:

Hi-Tek is dope, but underrated on the hiphop scene. I hope this album gives him some shine this time around. He has definitely raised his featured guests game up though, which should get more folks to check for this new album!

Reflection Eternal > Talib’s Solo Joints

136. Eric Mangini Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=tU6a729o61E > Shake Ya Money Maker

137. Jamz Says:

Shanti Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 10:57 am

^^Failed terribly!

138. frank lee speakin Says:

ludacris= a more comical xzibit

139. QDotSmith Says:

Shanti got it right…the songs boring…hes had better club bangers. it kinda sounds dated like it should have come out in 2000

140. Temp Agency Says:

nah shake ya money maker isnt terrible its just normal..were used to seeing something out of the ordinary from luda..but i guess he doesnt have as much time 2 spend in da studio as b4

it took…9 months for ya mom to make ya….might as well…..shake wat ya momma gave ya..LUDA!!! (c) luda

141. Temp Agency Says:

im pushin it….push it 2 da limit

142. landLord Says:

>>>Reflection Eternal > Talib’s Solo Joints

———————–

…easily…

143. QDotSmith Says:

one hot line in a song thats how long…i dont like the crashing orchestra breaks in the song either, ruins the whole flow of the song…

144. TYRONEBIGGUMS71 Says:

landLord Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 11:03 am
    >>>Reflection Eternal > Talib’s Solo Joints

———————–

…easily…

NO QUESTION

145. Jamz Says:

I think Luda is trying so hard to stand apart from the other southern rappers, that it seems corny at times. His lyrical skill is recognized, but his songs don’t last the test of time! There is not much replay value for Luda tracks, once they have ran their course.

You can put on some classic Pete Rock & CL, Big, Nas, Jay, The Roots, Blackstar, etc. years after they were released and still enjoy them as if they were new releases.

146. QDotSmith Says:

speakin of classics i need to cop another Big L, the disc has lasted a long time, but scratches have plagued it over the years…

147. Shanti Says:

i don’t think luda is necessarily trying to stand apart from the other rappers. i think he’s just corny. plain and simple. sure he’s lyrical but that doesn’t mean he’s trying to stand apart. an example of someone standing apart from southern rappers is a group like lil brother. luda has a southern image & sound.

148. QDotSmith Says:

i think luda should work on his acting career personally… take some challenging roles and roll wit it. he could be another will smith, drop a movie and an album at the same time…with the lead single of his album on the movie. why dont more rappers think like that? to me it seems like easy paper if you in the position to do it…

149. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

ludas movie career in the future > ludas music career in the future

150. Shanti Says:

do you all think luda is a good actor? the only movie i’ve seen him in is in crash and maybe its because i didn’t really like the movie but i didn’t see anything spectacular about his acting skills. his corniness comes through even on the big screen.

151. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

Ludas acting was fairly impressive, as well as Crash. As for ludas corniness….

Luda > Shock G (Humpty Dumpty)

152. Shanti Says:

crash seemed too cliche to me. i don’t understand why everyone thought that was such a good, thought provoking movie. i didn’t walk away from that movie feeling like it shined a new or interesting perspective on anything about racism.

153. Jamz Says:

When I hear Luda, I don’t hear southern rap actually. Not based on today’s standards anyway. When I think rap in the south, I automatically think Lil Jon, TI, Jeezy, D4L, JD, Lil Wayne, etc…not Luda for some reason.
    That’s from a non-southerner perspective though. Luda’s videos and subject matter remind me of Missy Elliott. They don’t want to be put into a box, and they remain challenging the stereotypes that currently exist in rap music.

Luda also reminds me of a young Common Sense (before the “I Used To Love Her” track blue up). Common seemed like he hadn’t found himself on his early works, but now he’s matured into his own. Maybe, one day that will happen for Luda, but right now…it is what it is.

154. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

# Shanti Says:
    September 26th, 2006 at 11:21 am

^ Yeah, you’d rather go watch “Waste” Deep….I’m just playin w/ you. It was thought provoking, but at the same time, the intertwining stories and message has been done before. You can’t tell me the part w/ the hispanic and his daughter werent heartfelt though.

155. Jamz Says:

Shanti Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 11:21 am

^^That statement surprises me? It’s the simplicity of the stories and how the overlapped each other that gave the movie its real appeal. The movie was well put together as a whole. The racism was just the storyline.

156. Shanti Says:

^^ see i don’t even remember the part with the hispanic man and his daughter. the only part i really remember from that movie is the storyline concerning the black woman (i forgot the actress’ name), her husband and the white police officer. oh and i DID NOT go see waist deep. lol.

157. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

> see i don’t even remember the part with the hispanic man and his daughter. the only part i really remember from that movie is the storyline concerning the black woman (i forgot the actress’ name), her husband and the white police officer. oh and i DID NOT go see waist deep. lol.

^ LOL, I figured u didnt see waist deep but had to throw it out there anyways. Yeah, the movie was acually very good though. I highly recommend it.

158. Shanti Says:

^^^^i just didn’t get much out of the movie. i mean don’t get me wrong. i think crash was an ok movie but i feel its a little overrated. maybe i was expecting too much because people were giving it such good reviews.

159. Max AKA Thieven Stealberg bka Trillie da Kid Says:

OK, over to the other thread

160. Jamz Says:

Shanti Says:

September 26th, 2006 at 11:31 am

^^I gotchu, but it may have touched many people because most of us that have lived in this country for any real length of time have been through several of those racist situations personally. U’r just a young tullip just really getting her roots wet with the racist waters of America…ha ha?

161. Shanti Says:

^^^^i live in the south. trust me, i have experienced racism. shit is still not that sweet down here. my problem with the movie is that it was just so predictable and it didn’t really make me think.

162. fletch Says:

ORIGINALLY POSTED AT:

163. richie welsh Says:

Nas
    yeah, yeah
    it started with rhythms i heard listenin to the wall
    the bouncin of basketballs on playgrounds and all
    the empty bottles is hollow wind blowin inside em
    the flow and the rhymin got my alignment to a science
    mixing with my moms in the kitchen, them spoons rattling
    pots and pans, faucet water pouring tunes managing
    to come from all the fussing and ramballing what i know this was, pure music untampered with
    and all them fuckin things showbiz does
    older thugs showed us stuff, like how to hold a plug
    juice from the street life it almost could have blowed us up
    crates of records, great sessions, had the whole hood jammin
    large speakers fresh made smell the wood sandin
    father did his blues, smooth legendary jazz man
    saw his wife secondary to his true passion
    started with my crew rappin
    new jacks in 82
    never look back now look what it changed me to, music

marsha (floetry)
    we gotta believe the future, we gotta believe the past
    we gotta believe in more, they know that we have
    we gotta believe each other, we gotta open up our minds
    coz music is for life

Hi-tek
    whats the difference between me and you
    is im a real cognisor of this rap shit i really do it
    my whole life man is really music
    through my bass line im living through it
    another expression of life i couldnt live without
    i like my music straight pure not watered down
    damn it feels good to fulfil my dreams of getting out the hood
    kept me busy, gave me a chance to stop selling drugs
    spending time in the basement kept me from acktin up
    zoneing out, wishin dre could check it out
    im here now
    i cant believe the proof in the pudding, everything happen for a reason
    through this music im able to feed my family
    when im stressed out its my sanity
    its a life style, all on the street, in here hollywood
    music in my DNA, its my lively hood, music

chorus

Common
    keep the music alive
    the good and the strong survive
    i close my eyes and imagine i was jackson 5
    randy and michael going through lifes cycle
    music allowed me to let life go
    so vital to a youngster comin up amoung street hustlers
    the big beat would touch us in such a special place
    given the ghetto a taste of what freedom is like
    i reached the point in my life when i was needing a mic
    no second guessing, self expression, and lessons learned
    aggression became sessions where sess was burned
    put my soul into it, now my feet is firm
    in the game where a name is hard to earn
    and hot cats careers get scarred and burned
    through the years mine took a godly turn
    this is the story of my life man trapped in the verse
    no matter money or the movies, music is first

not sure if its all right but i couldnt find this any where so i decided to do it myself