Black August 9th Annual Benefit Concert

black-thought-ba.jpg

The Black August Hip Hop Project is a celebration of Hip Hop and our Freedom Fighters. Organized by the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement we strive to support the global development of Hip Hop culture by facilitating exchanges between international communities where Hip Hop is a vital part of youth culture, and by promoting awareness about the social and political issues that affect these youth communities. Our goal is to bring culture and politics together and to allow them to naturally evolve into a unique Hip Hop consciousness that informs our collective struggle for a more just and equitable world.

kweli-ba-t.jpg roots-ba-t.jpg

clsmooth-lord-jamal-t.jpgm1-ba-t.jpg

agular-imtech-t.jpg ed-og-quest-t.jpg

wise-intelligent-t.jpg m1-toure-t.jpg

UPDATE: Here’s a review

158 Responses to “Black August 9th Annual Benefit Concert”

1. WestCoast_GetsDown Says:

haha

2. nation Says:

whiteman is devil

3. tyronebiggums71 Says:

FEW GOOD JOB WEST COAST

4. T Nelson Says:

When is the Roots album coming out Ive read reviews about it but havent heard anything else otherwise

5. WestCoast_GetsDown Says:

got lucky..shit was like findin a clean wall to tag

August 29th T Nelson

7. Temp Agency Says:

damn youtube is down….u know wat that means

yo Ty ya girl look like quest love

eskay Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 12:12 pm
    August 29th T Nelson

^ On Def Jam that means probably 2 months after that.

u know wat that means

^ What does that mean?

10. Temp Agency Says:

WAR!

Yo… is it wrong if you wish you could tell an ol’ lady to step outside?

12. nation Says:

^ aint nothing wrong with beating an old women silly

this post is coming back on a horse
    (c) Benzino

13. nation Says:

>> old women silly

note: i wasnt calling you silly, that would be madd homo, i meant beating someone silly. just wanted to clear that up. that is all.

14. Nigeria Says:

I knew MC Gray aka Talib Kweli would fumble his way there

15. spotrusherz Says:

at least he fumbled his way there unlike a lot of rappers that we talk about daily on here

16. nation Says:

“hov and nas in november” = competitionnn
    this shit is so predictable

17. nation Says:

damn im sorry did i heart someones feelings, or step on some crickets? ok i take it back. they will not be competing

18. spanish jay a.k.a role through ur hood with no nunchucks Says:

22. Temp Agency Says:

I could live without roots, and all the people featured on that post

# cbrizzle Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 1:00 pm

I WISH THIS WAS MAINSTREAM HIP HOP. ROOTS IS THAT REAL GOOD MUSIC
    @@@@@@

yea but then you’d start hating on them! when fif jumps ona track or provides a beat.

haha
    ***am definatly gone now!**

24. 456 Says:

fucked up i missed it.

25. lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:

just realized that was ed og..where da bulldogs?

26. coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but dude in the bottom left pic, is that dude from poor righteous teachers?

27. coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

just realized that was ed og..where da bulldogs?

^that was my next question

28. Caliber Says:

tyronebiggums71 Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 1:01 pm

NAW HOMIE YOU GETTING IT TWISTED, YOU EVER MET A GIRL THAT TALKS TOO DAMN MUCH OR HAS A HIGH PITCHED WHINEY VOICE AND WHEN SHE TALKS IT FEELS LIKE HER VOICE IS DRILLING A HOLE IN YOUR HEAD, THATS WHAT I’M TALKING BOUT DONT THINK A NO HOMO IS REQIURED ON THAT ONE
    ____________________________________________________________

..yo i fucked w/ this white girl for bout 4 days..not jus no reg. joint tho one of them hood white girls..tha select few that actually grew up in tha city..tha black girls hate..tha niggaz luv cuz they can get mopped up and fuck anytime….anyway i couldnt even fuck w/ her no more..head game was impeccable and ride game was on point..but this bitch used nigga more than i did..all that bullshit thats borderline and yapped her fuckin mouth off!!! couldnt even do it no more so i passed off like stockton and let my nigga lg handle it..

..he was good for a like week..

29. 456 Says:

is that homeboy from poor righteous teachers?

30. lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:

“hov and nas in november”=competition

Looks up to the heavens and lets his mind drift*..I bet Jay gonna say something like its “HOVEMBER” then nas gon be like nah its “NASVEMBER” which will create more bullshit buzz…I can see MTV newsbreak with kurt loder now..”This just in Nas has declared this month his, tho he has competition from his boss Mr Jayz” which will lead to mass exodus of white kids running to the store to cop both…A lil sibling rivalry always helps sales.

31. StopBeingATom Says:

Peace. This event was for a just cause and the brothers that showed up get my respect. Unlike most of these handkerchief head wearing Toms talking about the streets and all types of other issh and don’t show and prove. Both Immortal and Lord Jamar get dap, the Gods even rolled up to the Rocksteady 29th Anniversary. Word is bond, if you ain’t dealing with the elements of hip hop, you ain’t hip hop, stop faking jacks. Just because you talk street slang and grew up in the hood, that doesn’t make you hip hop. Show and prove and stop lying to yourselves.

32. lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:

# 456 Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 1:22 pm

is that homeboy from poor righteous teachers?

Yess indeedi..that trenton bridge scene from the rock this funky joint is what I always think of when I think of these cats..”shakilla my queen” was my joint too back in the day..I had a friend named shaquia..used to cll her shakilla she used to hate that shit..RIP SHA SHA.

33. fresh Says:

yeah, Wise Intelligent was in PRT.

34. lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:

I beg to differ..hip hop is one big umbrella with different forms/genres of hip hop under it..everything has its place in hip hop..thats why it’s such a great thing..white boys nowadays listen to rap ..not Frank sINATRA..DONT YOU THINK OLDER white men are saying the same shit about them that you are saying about younger hip hop fans?..I could go to a Rocksteady Show then leave and hours later b on my block selling crack, drinkin a 64 with my gun in my waist..does that mean I am not hip hop?..Nope it just means I like Rocksteady Crew.

We have to allow each other the space to be different.Everybody wants everybody else to be like them..no individuality.

35. nation Says:

>> Great marketing ploy..I doubt HOV thought of this though…Juan prolly hooked the shit up.

yeah… i dont think so. juan has nothing to do with this shit. nas had a release date… and then jay said, oh what a coincidence, i did want to drop before the year ends. thus if anything happends jay will put his album and out say FUCK NAS, ILL SHOW HIM HOW MANY MORE BIG RHYMES IS GONNA COME OUT OF MY FAT LIPS

36. nation Says:

edit: juan has nothing to do with this shit. you just said thay because you just found out who dude was yesterday

37. boston george Says:

yo immortal technique is that dude!! if yall aint knowin..check his shit. one of my fav.’s is “the 4th branch”…shit looked like a ill concert. even tho most of these dudes is blue collar rappers, they music has purpose and shouldnt be overlooked-side bar (check out EDO throwin out the 3′s for the home team)

agallah’s shirt is too ill LOL

“what kind of shirt is that”?

38. 456 Says:

lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 1:35 pm

^emphatic cosign. hiphop cannot be defined. it is what it is. you know it when you hear it/see it/feel it. git in where you fit in.

39. Blitzpro Says:

lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 1:26 pm
    “hov and nas in november”=competition

^ LMAO

40. spanish jay a.k.a role through ur hood with no nunchucks Says:

any one seen the Landlord today?

41. nation Says:

collectin rent, its the fifteenth

42. the Landlord Says:

spanish jay a.k.a role through ur hood with no nunchucks Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 1:46 pm
    any one seen the Landlord today?

—————————-

…i have….whaddup Sp-Jay?….

43. Dem Says:

““HOVEMBER””

genius. eskay, get your boy on the horn..

I remember when they did ‘Roctober’

45. nation Says:

dipcember…

anyway, if anyone actually reads xxl blogs, or sickamores, or his piece on 80′s babys, check what this guy posted on the comments section

46. nation Says:

no homo, but what song does alicia keys sample for the song DIARY (feat. tony tony tony totonie tone)

47. nation Says:

alotta you guys will recognize yourself in that comment

48. Dem Says:

“28) You own a pimp cup that you made with a bedazzler.”

bwahahaha. i wish a nigga would.

49. DBrown11 Says:

nation Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 2:08 pm
    dipcember…

anyway, if anyone actually reads xxl blogs, or sickamores, or his piece on 80’s babys, check what this guy posted on the comments section

I thought that was pretty good. nBmore and Bugsy definately should peep that

50. nation Says:

>> 33) You think rap, basket ball and crackrock are the only viable ways to ever make it in the world.

everyday im husslin

>> I thought that was pretty good. nBmore and Bugsy definately should peep that

they live by it. that and the ten crack commandments.

man i thought sickamores shit was good, but i prefered that, i can relate to it more than what sickamore is saying. just by doing the research for that shit dude proved he ISNT an 80s baby, cuz he does know all that shit. he soulda done 80 reasons youre an 80s baby – but that woulda caused mad stanism

51. nation Says:

i would think that since youtube is down most of you dudes would be trolling around here

52. DBrown11 Says:

Anyone heard The Don by Nas if so post it

53. boston george Says:

lottos hahaha. i had grey joints with that removable color patch on the sides…i was GULLY. (i couldnt afford an 8ball jacket tho)

54. nation Says:

boston george. whats up dude. you do know that you have an impersonator runnign around. chicken george. says alot about his character

55. lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:

Fabolous – Monkey Business

Oh yea ESKAY had posted the new DEF JAM commercial disguised as song last night..

41) Because you live below the mason dixie, you feel like you actually are in Lebanon and NY is Isreal and your prepared to die for the south to prove that the south is the home of “real hip hop”

56. nation Says:

It’s the nigga with the mask on that will yack dude for jewels
    Aint gotta say it, that dudes the truth
    make me put that tool to use
    these niggaz will be in the game shakin like Mahmoud Abdul Rauf/
    Not turrets, gotta rep, my team to the end
    Lambos to ferraris to the beamers to the benz
    If I blam it’ll kill, never ran never will
    only thing that bleed on me is these jeans on my timbs
    Hat low its not a weak link in my squad
    I’m LL In Too Deep, I’m thinkin I’m God
    As far as rappers I’m thinkin theyre frauds
    call ‘em all rubix cubes cause I really used to think they was hard
    For once trust me you don’t wanna start problems
    the pound will make you Eddie Curry wit a heart problem
    So if you on the block wit only a few grams man
    then you a bird nigga, Tucan Sam
    And any beat ima air that, rappers just gotta wear that
    Fox Brown should be the only one that can’t hear that
    Hit you in the spine or the belly, gun on me
    I ain’t Sticky Fingaz, I ain’t leave mine in the telly, smell me?
    Thank god he ain’t fuckin wit that red line
    cuz i’ll merk any nigga that disrespect mine
    If it wasnt fed time, or lock up or rec time, dude ‘ll be a daily news headline
    You ain’t the best, what memo got sent?
    if you got dogs what kennel they in?
    So if you wanna get fresh like a mentos mint
    then it’ll tempt those men, wit clips longer than Leno’s chin
    Aint no type guts wit you
    you terrel owens them niggaz that wear eagles they don’t even wanna fucc wit you
    Me fam? I was pimpin weed dirt, back when niggaz used to rock Simpsons t-shirts
    I’ll give it to any nigga, I mean any nigga
    big man or skinny nigga, dare a dude tempt me nigga
    auto or semi nigga, dump it till it’s empty nigga
    they don’t even want you in New York, you like Penny nigga
    Check the time it’s around that hour
    lil niggaz they ain’t around that powder
    They ain’t super or luigi or Mario, ain’t found that power
    plus they couldn’t spit fire if they found that flower
    Cowards, know the toys bust loco
    they tryin to dap my hand like the Boy’s Club logo
    And yea that 5 slide and clock
    im the million dollar baby, but I won’t die tryin to box
    Dont want a piece of the cake, I won’t the pie and all
    I don’t believe ‘em when they say they be supplying the raw
    You don’t move white you lyin dogg
    that’s a neverending story without the white flying dog
    These dudes is broke don’t know the feeling of bread
    they in dept, tampon niggaz still in the red
    And the fans keep askin if ya man stopped beefin
    I call ‘em Mr. Fantastic,
    tell ‘em stop reaching

57. nation Says:

sorry i felt that was necessary today

^ Jersey Joe

59. tyronebiggums71 Says:

Temp Agency Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 1:11 pm
    I could live without roots, and all the people featured on that post

NO SHIT THATS WHY YOU FOCUS ON JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE AND CHEESECAKE

Real.Talk. 8x platinum a.k.a. tired of ppl saying hip hops dead, ya’ll sold it to tha man for a quick buck!! Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 1:14 pm
    # cbrizzle Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 1:00 pm

I WISH THIS WAS MAINSTREAM HIP HOP. ROOTS IS THAT REAL GOOD MUSIC
    @@@@@@

O WORD 50 IS PRODUCING NOW? GTFOH THE ROOTS DID THE LIVE UNPLUGGED FOR JAY-Z NO ONE LOST RESPECT FOR THEM ( WELL EXCEPT NAS BUT W/E W/E W/E )

60. nation Says:

reach. death just showed up at my door. true story

61. Foekist Praxis Says:

>>lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical

What’s up with that screenname homey. Is there a real meaning behind that?

62. tyronebiggums71 Says:

nation Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 2:56 pm
    sorry i felt that was necessary today

NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE SHIT KEEP HE HEAT COMIN CAUSE REALLY WHOSE FUCKING WITH THAT ?

63. nation Says:

“i murk any nigga that disrespect mine”
    and i mean nigga in the most respectful way, HAHA

64. tyronebiggums71 Says:

lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:

WHAT YOU TRYING TO SAY? LEE SUGGS IS NO LONGER ON THE BROWNS, BOY IS OFFICALLY A JET NOW

65. Foekist Praxis Says:

Talib would be str8 if he got a voice box operation.

66. boston george Says:

what up nation. nah i aint know about chicken george-ben vereen ass nigga. lol. “he aint makin no muthafuckin sales tho duke” (ghostface ©)

67. Foekist Praxis Says:

I thought he was saying he plays for the Browns… I just got off the phone wit my boy on the squad and afternoon practice just started. I was about to pull his card if he was frontin like he’s in the league or something.

68. DBrown11 Says:

Brooks looked terrible for the Raiders last night

69. nation Says:

yo im out, im gonna go hit up this crazy terasse
    ill holler

no homo

70. tyronebiggums71 Says:

Foekist Praxis Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 3:04 pm

71. tyronebiggums71 Says:

DBROWN – BROOKS LOOKED BAD BUT AT BEST CASE IT WILL TAKE HIM TIME WORSE CASE WELL HE WILL JUST BE AARON BROOKS

72. the Landlord Says:

DBrown11 Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:04 pm
    Brooks looked terrible for the Raiders last night

—————————————

…and rookie QB Tavarais Jackson looked pretty good (no homo) in his first NFL action….Daunte who?!?….

73. the Landlord Says:

….Randy Moss still aint grown up…he was screaming and jumpining up and down at the sidelines because Brooks didnt get him the ball on a crossing pattern while being chased from the pocket….in a preseason game….still wish he was a Viking though….

74. tyronebiggums71 Says:

NEVERMIND SUGGS DID FAIL THE PHYSICAL FOR THE JETS ( WIPES FOREHEAD THANK GOD DERICK STRAIGHT IS GONNA BE DAMN GOOD WE BETTER NOT GIVE HIM AWAY ) AND IS BACK ON THE BROWNS I GET IT NOW

75. DBrown11 Says:

He might be a beast, he had a couple shake and bakes on the 2nd string but still impressive

76. Foekist Praxis Says:

>>EARLY YESTERDAY LEE SUGGS WAS ON THE BROWNS BUT HE GOT TRADED TO THE JETS LATE YESTERDAY. I DONT KNOW WHAT HIS WHOLE FAILED THE PHYSICAL THING IS UNLESS HE FAILED THE JETS PYSHICAL AND THE TRADE DIDNT GO THROUGH THATS THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE

Oh, ok. I miss playing football, greatest years of my life so far. *sniff sniff*

77. tyronebiggums71 Says:

80. Temp Agency Says:

nation Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:00 pm
    reach. death just showed up at my door. true story

?

81. Foekist Praxis Says:

>>NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE VIKINGS BUT IT WOULD BE DAMN HARD NOT TO BE COMPETITIVE IN THAT DIVISION

I’m pretty optimistic on the Lions chances this year. It’s their turn. Even the damn TIGERS are having a good season… It’s gotta be their turn.

82. coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

fucking sports *sighs*

83. DBrown11 Says:

The Lions might have a powerful offense with Martz on board

84. the Landlord Says:

DBrown11 Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:12 pm
    Vikings will be competitive but not a powerhouse

—————————–

….they still need a stud runningback…i dont know why they didnt take Lawrence Maroney from U.Minn….the Patriots already plan on starting him, and if ReggieBush isnt rookie of the year, Maroney has a shot…

85. coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

football is gay

86. coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

listen to the terminology ” stud runningback”

87. DBrown11 Says:

Reggae hiphop and sports go hand and hand (no homo)

88. tyronebiggums71 Says:

FOE – THE JETS ARE MY TEAM WE ALL KNOW THIS BUT I’VE ALWAYS ROOTED FOR THE LIONS SINCE BARRY SANDERS AND I’VE BEEN WAITING ON THEM TO BREAK OUT FOR THE PAST 3 OR 4 YEARS SO I WONT SET MYSELF UP FOR DISAPPOINTMENT THIS YEAR ( ALTHOUGH KITNA x100> HARRINGTON SHIT EVEN MCCOWN IS. I HOPE THEY DO WELL BUT I WONT COUNT ON IT, AND SHT THE VIKINGS BEARS AND LIONS SHOULD ALL HAVE 2 GAURNTEED WINS THIS YEAR THEY ALL GET TO PLAY THE GOD AWFUL PACKERS TWICE

89. the Landlord Says:

DBrown11 Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:16 pm
    The Lions might have a powerful offense with Martz on board

———————–

…Coach Martz cant throw the ball though…and neither can Kittna….last place for Lions…unless Farve really is done….

90. coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

i’m just bullshiting, this is what happens when youtube is down, and your work is done at the plantation, the slaves get to jiving

91. tyronebiggums71 Says:

the Landlord Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 3:16 pm
    DBrown11 Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:12 pm
    Vikings will be competitive but not a powerhouse

—————————–

THAT SHIT MIGHT OF PISSED ME OFF MORE THAN YOU, I DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE FEELS THENEED TO HELP THE PATS OUT AND MAKE THEIR JOB EASIER MARONEY IS NICE I WISH HE WENT ANYWHERE BUT NEW ENGLAND

92. the Landlord Says:

…*correction*^^…Favre…

93. the Landlord Says:

coldplayReggaetonslasher Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:17 pm
    listen to the terminology ” stud runningback”

————————————

…lol…no homo…of course

94. DBrown11 Says:

Ty you know I hate the Pats too same division as my sqaud

95. tyronebiggums71 Says:

the Landlord Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 3:19 pm
    DBrown11 Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:16 pm
    The Lions might have a powerful offense with Martz on board

———————–

I’M A HUGE FARVE FAN ( HOW COULD YOU NOT BE IF YOU GREW UP WATCHING HIM IN HIS PRIME I MEAN HOW COULD YOU NOT RESPECT HIM ) BUT HE IS DONE, HE IS STILL BETTER THAN HALF THE STARTERS IN THE LEAGUE BUT THE TEAM IS SO AWFUL HE CANT WILL THEM TO WIN LIKE HE USED TO DO.

LIONS FANS JUST BE HAPPY MARTZ IS YOUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR CAUSE HE IS AN AWFUL COACH GOOD SMART OFFENSIVE MIND ( LOVES TO THROW TO MUCH BUT THEY COULD TURN JONES INTO A FALK LIKE BACK ) BUT IF HE EVR IS HEAD COACH OF ANY TEAM AGAIN JUST GIVE UP CAUSE IMMEDIATELY

96. Temp Agency Says:

lil wayne got arrested 2 delay his response 2 gilly lol

97. Foekist Praxis Says:

>>lil wayne got arrested 2 delay his response 2 gilly lol

He’s been doing a good job of that without the arrest.

98. Temp Agency Says:

true

99. the Landlord Says:

…in their primes…Farve > Elway…

100. tyronebiggums71 Says:

DBrown11 Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 3:24 pm
    Ty you know I hate the Pats too same division as my sqaud

YEAH I KNOW ( REMEBER WHEN THE BEGALS GAVE THEM DILLION FOR NOTHING THATS THE SAME FEELING HAD WHEN I WATCHED MORENY SLIP TO THEM.

SPEAKING OF YOUR SQUAD HOW DO THE PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT
    WILLIS ” I CANT STOP RUNNING MY MOUTH ” MCGAHEE ?
    I MEAN I LIKE MY PLAYERS TO BE CONFIDENT AND COCKY BUT NOT TO A POINT WHERE ITS ABSOLUTELY OUT OF CONTROL AND INSULTING TO THE REST OF THE LEAGUE ?

What’s up with Chad Johnson’s mohawk?

Chad or T.O.?

102. tyronebiggums71 Says:

the Landlord Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 3:26 pm
    …in their primes…Farve > Elway…

YYYYEEEESSSSIIIIIRRR , THERES FEW THINGS I HATE IN FOOTBALL MORE THAN THE FARVE HATERS ( AND I UNDERSTAND A VIKINGS,BEARS OR LIONS HATE BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO HAVE THE RESPECT THAT LANDLORD CLEARLY HAS FOR THE MAN, SERIOUSLY WHAT OTHER QB USED TO GET DRILLED LIKE HE DID AND THEN GET BACK UP AND HEADBUTT WARREN SAPP )

103. the Landlord Says:

…McGahee and Clinton Portis never shut up…they’re cut from the same green and orange cloth…

GET BACK UP AND HEADBUTT WARREN SAPP

^ What happened to Sapp’s explosiveness?

105. the Landlord Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:28 pm
    What’s up with Chad Johnson’s mohawk?

Chad or T.O.?

————————–

…wow, that’s a tough one…T.O. based on his longevity…

the Landlord Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:29 pm

^ Got damn ‘Canes. FL teams is a monopoly in the League.

107. tyronebiggums71 Says:

D.BILLZ – CHAD NO DOUBT

I MEAN SKILL TALENT WISE ITS CLOSE BUT EVERYTHING T.O. DOES IS ALL ABOUT ME ME ME LOOK AT CHAD JOHNSON AND HIS TOUCHDOWN CELBRATIONS THE DUDE GRABS A SANTA HAT AND A BAG FULL OF FOOTBALLS AND TOYS AND GOES HANDING THEM OUT TO KIDS. T.O. IS A CANCER CHAD JOHNSON IS THE TYPE OF PLAYER YOUR TEAM ENJOYS MAKE THINGS MORE FUN AND THE TYPE OF PLAYER YOUR TEAM WILL RALLY AROUND.

ASK ANY EAGLE FANS THAT QUESTION ?

108. the Landlord Says:

…Chad Johnson was sponsoring Buffie the Body earlier in her, ahem, “career”…

109. the Landlord Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:29 pm
    GET BACK UP AND HEADBUTT WARREN SAPP

^ What happened to Sapp’s explosiveness?
    ———————————————

..old age and excess swine consumption…

110. tyronebiggums71 Says:

the Landlord Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 3:29 pm

TRUE BUT MCGAHEE IS WORSE ( WELL MAYBE NOT PORTIS JUST HASNT RUN HIS MOUTH AS MUCH RECENTLY )

D. Billz Says:
    August 15th, 2006 at 3:29 pm
    GET BACK UP AND HEADBUTT WARREN SAPP

^ What happened to Sapp’s explosiveness?

HE GOT FAT AND OLD IT HAPPENED RIGHT INBETWEEN THEM WINNING THE SUPER BOWL AND THE NEXT SEASON, THAT BOY WENT FROM COMPLETELY DOMINATE TO PRETTY MUCH WORTHLESS

…wow, that’s a tough one…T.O. based on his longevity…

^ Same here. It’s a toughie but Chad still need a few more years under his belt before I give him that title. T.O. is still my manz.

I know for T.O., irony came in a multi-million dollar contract when he signed to the team that caused him the most controversy when he played for my all-time favorite team (9ers for life), and now plays for the team I despise the most (but still gonna root for the dude anyway).

the Landlord Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:31 pm
    …Chad Johnson was sponsoring Buffie the Body earlier in her, ahem, “career”…

^ Lol. Kay Slay’s fat ass is the new charity for her.

113. DBrown11 Says:

SPEAKING OF YOUR SQUAD HOW DO THE PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT
    WILLIS ” I CANT STOP RUNNING MY MOUTH ” MCGAHEE ?

He said he was the best runningback in the league mid season and didn’t score another touchdown for the rest of the year. Basically an overrated bum

114. tyronebiggums71 Says:

DBROWN 11 – GOOD TO SEE YOUR NOT A DELUSIONAL FAN ( WE JUST NEED TO JOIN FORCES TO TAKE THE PATS DOWN )

T.O. IS A CANCER

^ But that’s why I fucks wit’ dude! (pause) He bucks the system, even though he whines like a mofo, be he don’t back down just because they cuttin’ him a check.

be he don’t back down

^ *he don’t back down…

Chow time… 1

118. DBrown11 Says:

No doubt Ty

Chad right now has the slight edge just for the simple fact he’s a team guy

119. 456 Says:

^he wasn’t saying much during the superbowl…

120. lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:

>>lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical

What’s up with that screenname homey. Is there a real meaning behind that?

^^^ Naw not really, Im a big JETS fan i was listening to ESPN when i started and teh JETS had traed for suggs..only to find out he failed his physical this morning..hence..Im actually a regular on here.

121. lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:

SIDEBAR..How come yo always see your typos just right after you hit “submit comment”?

122. the Landlord Says:

lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 3:41 pm
    >>lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical

What’s up with that screenname homey. Is there a real meaning behind that?

———————–

…el feces loco?…

123. Real.Talk. 8x platinum a.k.a. tired of ppl saying hip hops dead, ya'll sold it to tha man for a quick buck!! Says:

>>>lil wayne got arrested 2 delay his response 2 gilly lol

he dont even need to respond, i think trina ja ruled him before he even got a deal

124. lee_suggsRBcleBROWNS_cause I failed my physical Says:

^^^ Youre buggin ty..Strait lost his job and was performing so poorly that mangini was trying him out at Safety..I had high hopes for Strait too but..we need a RB more than we need 6 good corner backs..(barret, mickens, rhodes, coleman, justin millier)..we are stacked.. we need someone that can pick up blocks so chad can survive and who also can rush for more than 2 yards per carry ala blaylock , askew and the other RB…our rb situation is disgutin b(c) someone famous

125. 456 Says:

i think trina ja ruled him before he even got a deal

^ja ruled him??

126. lee_suggs is on his way back to cleveland aka el feces Says:

yea thas me land..waddup?

127. DBrown11 Says:

Jets running game is gonna be non existent and don’t get me started on the qb position

128. Eric Mangini Says:

What ever happened to that dude “HE HATE ME” from the XFL? maybe we should be calling that dude?

129. DBrown11 Says:

Eric Mangini Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 4:00 pm

Carolina Panthers special teams KR/PR

130. DBrown11 Says:

Rod Smart

131. Eric Mangini Says:

Dbrown.. I think if we have a 4 yd per rush back we could be ok..Chad is the best 2 yd passser in the league..so you figure rush 2 times that’s 8 yards..2 yard pass that’s first down..we do that 10 times per drive and we good.

132. Eric Mangini Says:

Yea Rod Smart..he was a running back in the xfl tho..It s cool to see how he marketed himself with that name into a real career in the NFL.

133. iLL Change Says:

what’s happenin’ Nah Right?

134. DBrown11 Says:

Eric Mangini Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 4:02 pm

Chad is the best 2 yd passer in the league is comedy

135. D.N.(The Kufi Smacker) i'm as ill as a convict who kills for phone time Says:

D.N. the kufi smackers in the building, haters no need to apply man.

136. the Landlord Says:

…whaddup el…whaddup i’ll…

137. Eric Mangini Says:

aint shit land..trynna survive this last hour at the slave..catchin up on my jeTS BLOG/FORUM..its almost timbo and sweathoodie weather..I cant wait.

138. DBrown11 Says:

Oct/Nov for me Football and World series can’t beat it and the start of the NBA

139. iLL Change Says:

what’s good Landlord. i’m so dissapointed in Obie’s new album. i’v had it for a good week or two, but i just can’t give it a good listen all the way thru without wanting to skip tracks or listen to somethin’ else. those rock-influenced beats… they’re all the same…

A yo, I just got back from lunch. So me and my manz was discussin’ Jay’s “Dead President” video, right? The part when they were playin’ monopoly, Biggs says somethin’ like (this isn’t verbatim), “yeah, what’s up with California? It’s a lot of money over there in Cali”… and BIG rolls the dice and says “who shot ya?”, and then everybody laughs. Keep in mind that there is no California on the Monopoly board. So was that a subliminal Pac diss? Am I late?

141. D.N.(The Kufi Smacker) i'm as ill as a convict who kills for phone time Says:

>>i’m so dissapointed in Obie’s new album

142. D.N.(The Kufi Smacker) i'm as ill as a convict who kills for phone time Says:

Billz, i think you might be alittle late, because he even throws a subliminal in Brooklyns Finest…

143. 456 Says:

^d.billz investigating as we speak

144. Foekist Praxis Says:

>>Didn’t Em produce most the album, i still haven’t heard the whole thing yet….but if Em produced most of it, i’m just gonna pass on it.

Yeah, Em has NEVER been impressive to me with the beats. Only one I liked is that “I just wanna loooove you, for the rest of my liiiife…” I’m not even sure Em made that…

^ Yeah, I know about the “if Faith have twins” line. But I figured it was somethin’ that nobody ever discussed before so I wanted to know was I the only person who missed that.

146. the Landlord Says:

iLL Change Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 4:21 pm

D.N.(The Kufi Smacker) i’m as ill as a convict who kills for phone time Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 4:23 pm
    >>i’m so dissapointed in Obie’s new album

======

…who’s idea was it anyway to let Mathers on the boards?….i have yet to hear ONE Mathers beat that was ill….not one…not “carry the cross”, not “renegade”…..nothing…..i would love to hear Obie over a JDilla or Madlib beat though…

For the record… I was listening to the “Glamour Life” song on the way home from VA on Sunday. I miss the ORIGINAL Terror Squad.

Big Pun
    Fat Joe
    Cuban Link
    Triple Seis
    Armageddon
    Prospect
    Tony Sunshine

148. Foekist Praxis Says:

>>i’m so dissapointed in Obie’s new album

Shame on you for expecting a great album from Obie anyways, pimp juice.

149. iLL Change Says:

yeah, i was a huge Obie fan after Cheers, even tho the album wasn’t even that good. but then 2ROM comes around, with no Dre beats like Cheers, and instead 90% of them done by Em. Eminem isn’t a good producer. back during the Marshall Mathers/Em Show era he was alright, but all the fucking beats sound the same. like every beat he did on the album, he used the exact same sound. and some of them use his trademark rock-influenced shit, which is garbage half the time. he uses the same fucking sound for the drums too! Cheers was more well-rounded, tho 2ROM is crazier lyrically (tho not necessessarily better lyrics.) i’m just wondering how the fuck Obie put this disc out. i’m dissapointed as hell.

150. jimmybias Says:

they was gettin at the left coast in ” dead prseidents” shit was so gangsta at the time, cause you could see they was just on that get $ shit were snoop and pac was on same fake ass gayme 06 shit with the ice grills kickin over buildings, GTFOH

151. 456 Says:

d.n. that wasn’t subliminal. but the question is was who shot really for pac? i can’t call it from the video. but big always said he made who shot ya way before pac got hit up. now i don’t know.

456 Says:

August 15th, 2006 at 4:41 pm

^ Good observation. Because nothin’ in the Who Shot Ya song is really pertinent to Pac in my opinion.

153. D.N.(The Kufi Smacker) i'm as ill as a convict who kills for phone time Says:

>>but the question is was who shot really for pac?

No it wasn’t…..but the I Shot Ya Remix was…

154. Foekist Praxis Says:

>>his trademark rock-influenced shit,

I hate that shig, but he’s a what boy, so I guess I can’t be 2 surprised.

155. D.N.(The Kufi Smacker) i'm as ill as a convict who kills for phone time Says:

Well atleast Cool J’s verse was, Keith Murray i believe was going at Prodigy, and Prodigy i have a hard time deciding if he’s even going at anyone, Joe is possibly, and Foxy, well i’m not too sure…..

156. tyronebiggums71 Says:

first off lets give a hand to eric magini for stopping by.

second el feces rhodes and coleman are sfaties the jets love straight versitility ( check why the pats won cause they were so versatile and skilled at multiple positions
    they love the fact he could play cb and safety ( they are trying him at safety while coleman is hurt he has been one of the most highly talked about people all camp )

ill change – I liked your impersonation shit was funny I responded to you mad late it was like 11 this morning.

and i’m disappointed by the obie album too. I haven’t been able to really get into it and fuck with it but I have heard it all and don’t have much of a desire to really knowledge it.

157. rubyspirit Says:

I’m loving Toure t-shirt. Cool!

158. DeeDee2 Says:

The new roots new album is crazy! Should be the best thing that has dropped in awhile.
    This was a good review of the album.