Daily Headlines 6-29-06

Kim is getting out on Monday

BET might create a seperate awards show just for hip hop. Oh great.

Rapper Chuck D urges educators to understand and utilize hip-hop

B-Girl Be: A Celebration of Women in Hip Hop

The Supreme Court rules President Bush overstepped his authority with military war crimes trials

15 years for looting sounds ridiculously excessive to me.

Pakistani prisoner gets his ass lit up

88 Responses to “Daily Headlines 6-29-06”

1. Yung Davito Says:

oh yeah :-)

2. Ricky D Says:

second!1111

3. STEELZKITCHEN Says:

YUP

4. Jamz (The Real) Says:

BET Hiphop? That might be the Rap City Awards?

5. Yung Davito Says:

@Plug
    wotz tha name of the obie mixtape? cry now???

6. Yung Davito Says:

I wonder if Kim has been writing like krazy whilst on her iron vacation?

7. T Nelson Says:

BET just needs to just pack it up and not exist

8. Stephen Hawking AKA Plug Industries Says:

Yung Davito Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 10:49 am
    @Plug
    wotz tha name of the obie mixtape? cry now???

second rounds coming

9. Yung Davito Says:

Good lookin out plug! Cheers

10. Yung Davito Says:

If anyone else is interested in this Obie Trice mixtape-

11. Yung Davito Says:

Damn! That link is dead. Sorry y’all…
    If anyone has a link post it

12. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

Jamz (The Real) Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 10:49 am
    BET Hiphop? That might be the Rap City Awards?

i hope they dont do that, it will be an award show dedicated to sales, Bugsy will love it, good music lovers will hate it, leave it the way it is keep it an art form an not a popularity contest

13. tyronebiggums71 Says:

yung davito –

datpiff.com/Obie-Trice-Second-Rounds-Coming-mid459.html

14. iLL Change Says:

cool Kim gettin’ out

15. Angry Black Man formerly Kheri Wes Says:

Yung Davito Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 10:51 am
    I wonder if Kim has been writing like krazy whilst on her iron vacation?

you mean if she has been studying her ghostwriters for her next album, kim dont write

16. Yung Davito Says:

@tyronebiggums71
    Thanks bro

17. DJ CONCISE Says:

I WOULDN’T MIND BEING THAT PAKISTANI PRISONER (NO BUGSY)

18. Reninatronix Says:

Them looters need an attorney b/c that is a clear case of cruel and unusual punishment.

19. Rizz Says:

Rapper Chuck D urges educators to understand and utilize hip-hop

i dont think that will really happen for a long time
    maybe in some schools
    but on one of my papers in english i connected what we were learning about to some songs in illmatic and i put quotes and all that and i got points taken away

20. waterman Says:

ah man – and you used the quotes and everything? Bummer. That has happened to me too.

21. Rizz Says:

well her mind wasnt right man she told me to be a writer and that my papers were great and then she gave me D’s on everything so she had some sort of vendetta

but about that 50 song you posted yesterday eskay
    that cant be serious,i dont get how that compares to anything thats been shot at him
    wow have fun supporting 50 after this mixtape kids

22. BUGSYTHEBOSS Says:

BET might create a seperate awards show just for hip hop.

For what,so niggas can fight in the audience and start shooting after the award show.Keep the mix crowd if you ask me becuzz a all hiphop show will be nothing more than a ghetto Source awards

23. tyronebiggums71 Says:

Yung Davito Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 11:28 am
    @tyronebiggums71
    Thanks bro

NO DOUBT

24. T Nelson Says:

25. tyronebiggums71 Says:

^^^ i dont know if thats the word i would of used but that shit is horrible, who is like lets celebrate and document going to jail like this is some honor being bestowed upon her

26. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>Isnt bad enough they gave Kim a show just for going to jail how niggarific is that

I wouldn’t say it’s niggarific, you have the Dog the bounty hunter show, and many others that are simply people taking advantage of this big reality show trend that’s going on.

27. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>Rapper Chuck D urges educators to understand and utilize hip-hop

Sheeit, it’s going to be hard to get educators to WANT to understand a genre of music that largely glorifies violent and illegal behaviors, that’s just being real. Besides, as much as we argue on here about hip hop topics, we all LOVE hiphop and don’t totally understand it.

28. L.P.CROOKS Says:

whats the difference makin a reality show or making a Cd “documenting” your life before jail and callin it real or reality

29. Shanti Says:

hold up. they give people who were “looting” in katrina 15 years? that’s some bullshit. i mean i understand they didn’t “need” the liquor they stole but 15 years is ridiculous. the judge says he wants to teach the looters a lesson. it’s a shame that sentencing in the criminal justice system is often so illogical and unsystematic.

30. Shanti Says:

^gave*

31. L.P.CROOKS Says:

you aint never gone forget that shit

32. L.P.CROOKS Says:

^ if Nahright dont make me flunk out ofschool

33. T Nelson Says:

34. L.P.CROOKS Says:

‘cuz she has a built in fanbase and the numbers are almost gauranteed…thats the only thing they think about when handing out shows
    @ Tnelson

35. godiva Says:

“President Bush on Wednesday said he was considering shutting the facility, and would decide after the court ruled. “I’d like to end Gitmo, like it to be over with,” he said at a European Union summit in Vienna.”

I’m surprised he said that, but then again politicians say anything

36. T Nelson Says:

who the fuck is in lil kim’s “fan base”

37. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>Btw I will be teaching elementary school soon and hip hop is a useful teaching tool whats the capitol of michigan? when I say michigan you say lansing…MIchigan …Lansing

I’m not sure if that’s what he meant exactly…

>>why give somebody a show for going to jail….aint like she some type of political prisoner or somebody important she just a chick that got caught up…. somebody explain why that deserves a show?

Man please. Crawl from under that rock you been sleeping under (and perhaps smoking?) There’s reality shows about everything, from catching convicts, solving random homicides, to the life of a gotdamn babysitter, homey. Since when was tv about “deserving” anything? It’s about what will sell and get ratings, mane.

38. L.P.CROOKS Says:

The people that buy her records…if at least 25% of those watch the show Bet is good…shit Iwatched the show and I dont even have any of her discs

39. godiva Says:

so she cant doing any shows or host any parties til august

40. L.P.CROOKS Says:

It’s about what will sell and get ratings, mane.

41. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>I’m glad Kim is getting early release but it sucks shes on house arrest for a month
    so she cant doing any shows or host any parties til august

She’s Lil Kim for God’s sakes… They’ll bring the party to HER. Trust me, house arrest ain’t SHIT compared to the slammer. I’m sure she’s good with chilling in her lavish crib for a month before being able to do a show, lol.

42. godiva Says:

Shanti says:
    “it’s a shame that sentencing in the criminal justice system is often so illogical and unsystematic”

Its a damn shame!

43. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>right thats what Im sayin if you can damn near gaurantee ratings then you probably deserve to get bread

(Jay Z sample) “Huh?”

44. T Nelson Says:

I just think that there is sooooooo much more BET could do with its reach and influence besides praise a has been rapper

45. L.P.CROOKS Says:

the last song that I listened to from Jay is hard knock life..real talk
    I cant rock wit no nigga tellin me to call him God

46. L.P.CROOKS Says:

@Foe^

47. godiva Says:

@Foekist

yeah shes good but alot of promoters and clubs in ny are ready
    to do the damn thing…Kim gets love in NY! I’m far from a Lil Kim stan,
    but I’ll probally end up at one of the spots and celebrate wit Kim, just cause
    the energy will be there
    I still bump a few tracks off her first album..Drugs is my shit!
    (plus u know Biggie penned most of those tracks)

48. Stephen Hawking AKA Plug Industries Says:

the last song that I listened to from Jay is hard knock life..real talk
    I cant rock wit no nigga tellin me to call him God

Why do you think nas said he sold his soul….

…..And then nas sold his….

49. L.P.CROOKS Says:

I didnt even Know that Nas said that shit… Usually when I say that shit niggaz shout me down^

50. L.P.CROOKS Says:

Russell simmons saidin his book that if you follow Jay Z he will lead you strate to hell… I thought that was ill shit to say since they were/are cool

51. godiva Says:

@LP Crooks
    ^^I remember reading that too^^

but out of context it sounds like an insult

its more about not talking rappers lyrics literally and attempting
    to live the life that often they are only fabricating..u know the whole
    hov did that so u dont have to

I think he was speaking to the youth that tend to idolize and imitate
    rappers, Jay included

52. godiva Says:

edit-talking=taking

53. T Nelson Says:

Don’t follow me young’n, follow my moves, I’m not a role model
    A bad influence got the world drinkin gold bottles

54. 456 Says:

word of the day – niggarific

55. 456 Says:

all rights reserved – t.nelson

56. T Nelson Says:

lol i do what i can

57. 456 Says:

Stephen Hawking AKA Plug Industries Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 1:20 pm
    the last song that I listened to from Jay is hard knock life..real talk
    I cant rock wit no nigga tellin me to call him God

Why do you think nas said he sold his soul….

…..And then nas sold his….

exactly. and God is a metaphor. Gomar Oz Dubar nukka.

58. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 12:40 pm
    >>Rapper Chuck D urges educators to understand and utilize hip-hop

^If they teach American History, they can teach hiphop. Equal amounts of violent and illegal behaviors.

59. L.P.CROOKS Says:

456 (aka GOD)

Comedy^^ LOL

60. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>Gomar Oz Dubar nukka.

I think Tragedy said that on CNN War Report, I was wondering what the heck that was.

61. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>If they teach American History, they can teach hiphop. Equal amounts of violent and illegal behaviors.

I guess… But you know it’s not the same.

62. kween of kweens Says:

>>word of the day – niggarific
    alol. i was gonna say stan-tastic.but yours is hella better.

63. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

I’ve always wondered about what it is about the human psyche that makes us idolize and praise people that couldn’t give a fuck less about you personally like a “celebrity,” who’s simply a human being that’s on tv and happens to honed a particular skill such as singing or shooting a basketball..

64. kween of kweens Says:

i used to idolize people like that. but then i read that poem “richard cory”.
    just realized that idolization is pointless becuase you never really truly know what someone is like unless you know them personally.

65. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>i used to idolize people like that. but then i read that poem “richard cory”.

I’m bout to google that joint… brb

66. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

interesting.

67. kween of kweens Says:

yup. interesting. kinda creepy too.

68. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 2:10 pm

^funny that shit relates to the god shit. Basically people project their powers on idols. We all gods cause we have the ability to create. a celebrity or an idol is somebody that becomes the object of the projection. we project our godselves on that person. if you learn how to manipulate that power you become a god. ex: Mike Tyson in his heyday.

69. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

The life of a celebrity can get crazy though… Everything has a price, you get all the glitter and glamour, but I can’t imagine not being able to live a normal life anymore. People watching you everywhere you go, you can’t go to the movies like a normal person, if you do, you have to wear disguises and stuff, people askin for autographs all the time, I’m sure it can get old QUICK.

70. L.P.CROOKS Says:

whats funny Entertainers used to be looked Down upon like entertain me fool…good job now run along

71. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>funny that shit relates to the god shit. Basically people project their powers on idols. We all gods cause we have the ability to create. a celebrity or an idol is somebody that becomes the object of the projection. we project our godselves on that person. if you learn how to manipulate that power you become a god. ex: Mike Tyson in his heyday.

Damn, that’s deep. I never thought of it like that. Like we often measure our success off what we see these people having on tv. Back in the day, Nino Brown had a damn Jeep Wrangler, now we’re conditioned to think you have to have an Escalade, Range, or Bentley Coupe to feel “successful,” based off the image of success we see on tv and such. Am I off point?

72. kween of kweens Says:

n paparrazi.
    THAT SHIT.must.be.so.annoying.
    but i rarely see many hip hop celebrities in tabloids. except for the infamous bey n jigga beach shots.
    crazy. niggaz cant even go on vacation.

73. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>niggaz cant even go on vacation.

Not to mention the stress of putting together an album, meeting deadlines, doing interviews when you’re going through personal shit and having to act like shit is all good for your image’s sake. I’m the type of person that wears my emotions on my face, I can’t fake for shit… Maybe for the sake of millions I’d be able to do it, though.. :-)

74. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

yeah foe, exactly. our minds can create anything. so when we put energy toward a jay or a 50 they benefit. and they in turn learn how to use that energy to their advantage. if nobody but energy to 50 he would be gone tommorrow. Then he’s the next contestant on Behind the Music. Gods are born, gods die.

75. BUGSYTHEBOSS Says:

America loves a rag to richs story.Thats why 50 cent is so big now

76. kween of kweens Says:

lol. man im great at that type shit. so for millions i could definatly do it.
    nah just kidding.
    i’s rather be a behind the scenes type person in the industry if i was ever in it. like producing. or manager. or some shit.

77. kween of kweens Says:

>>Thats why 50 cent is so big now
    i guess. i thought 50 was so big because he created like a fukkin empire…that seems to never fall out.

78. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>America loves a rag to richs story.Thats why 50 cent is so big now

Eh, sorta. But damn near ALL STARS are rags to riches, but they’re all not as big as 50 (no homo).

79. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

80. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

>>BET might create a seperate awards show just for hip hop.

KEEP THE NIGGAS OVA THERRRRE

81. Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:

>>50 got big because tupac left a void that we were desperate to fill. the legend about him gettin shot up made him the closest one.

THAT’S more like it…

82. kween of kweens Says:

i wanna see how lil kim’ looks when she gets out [no lesbo]
    lol. i just wanna see if without the weave n the makeup if she’ll even resemble herself.
    if thats mean…then oh well.

83. 456 (aka GOD) Says:

@kween – word. i wanna know how her face held up.

Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 2:06 pm
    >>Gomar Oz Dubar nukka.

^Gomar=Wisdom Oz=strength Dubar=Beauty

84. Nigeria Says:

eskay where you get that pakistani story from.

”Thanks Allah, now I feel comfort.”

LOL

85. Big E Says:

kween of kweens Says:

June 29th, 2006 at 2:50 pm
    i wanna see how lil kim’ looks when she gets out [no lesbo]
    if thats mean…then oh well.

_____________________________________________

Fuck that, I wanna see how her titties held up. Remember when them shits popped open? *Shudders*

86. kween of kweens Says:

? lmfaooooooooo

87. tyronebiggums71 Says:

kween of kweens Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 2:13 pm
    i used to idolize people like that. but then i read that poem “richard cory”.

Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 2:15 pm
    >>i used to idolize people like that. but then i read that poem “richard cory”.

I’m bout to google that joint… brb

Foekist aka Norm Tombot Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 2:18 pm

interesting.

that shit was crazy through me for a fucking loop. shits ill

88. Daily Headlines 6-29-06 - HAZING NORTHWESTERN PHOTO…RENT LYRIC Says:

[...] unds ridiculously excessive to me. Pakistani prisoner gets his ass lit up Original post by eskay and Elliott Back Written by fastseo on June 29th, 2006 with no comme [...]