Brooklyn Rapper Gravy “Treached” Outside Hot97

gravy.jpg

Brooklyn rapper Gravy who, unless you live in NY or are a SMACK DVD aficionado, you’ve probably never heard of, was "Treached" (my Urban Dictionary entry is pending) last night outside the Hot 97 building. From the reports I’m reading about the incident, his fat ass kept it extra gully and still went upstairs to go through with his interview:

The 28-year-old MC (born Jamal Wollar) was struck by a single bullet as he got to the station around 9:30 p.m. Word is Gravy went to the station with an entourage of approximately 30 people sporting T-shirts with his moniker on it.

According to sources, while people began scattering upon shots being fired, Gravy kept his cool and walked upstairs to conduct his interview as scheduled.

Cops later sealed off the station, looking for victims. After finding Gravy hobbling inside the station, authorities asked the rapper what happened. Sources say he told cops he had fallen. Cops then noticed blood and Gravy was taken to St.VincentsHospital in stable condition.

Man, I went to sleep last night after posting the Snoop arrest story thinking I had the jump on today’s news cycle, and then I wake up and see this. Let this be a lesson to any of you kids thinking about getting into the hip hop blogging business, you have to stay on your grizzly, because you never know when a C-List rapper can wind up shot in the ass.

108 Responses to “Brooklyn Rapper Gravy “Treached” Outside Hot97”

“Let this be a lesson to any of you kids thinking about getting into the hip hop blogging business, you have to stay on your grizzly, because you never know when a C-List rapper can wind up shot in the ass.”

^^ Lol… fuckin’ hilarious!

First, you pansies. *and first to mention the Gravy shootin’ on here but I’ll let Eskay slide*

3. Alicia Says:

Treached…nice. One of the funniest scenes I’ve ever seen on TV.

*back to lurking*

4. E From BK Says:

What the hell is going on in front of that building? Something is always going down. Anyway, this is that same cat on the DVDs with all the guns and the mean face all of the time.

5. Froey! Says:

Yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyyoooyyyoyyyoooyyyooo! That is one overweight jigga killa foo! You all whack! Dog! Pimp it! Deee-ttrrroooiiitttt! Ye-yeah!!!!!

6. Froey! Says:

That dog beens eating too much gravies dog!

7. SOSA 420 Says:

“TREACHED” is right……notice how he was the only calm one after the shots rang out?? And how everyone was wearing his T’s? For the cameras!!
    Straight Sopranos here….anyone see Bobby Backula lurkin’??!

8. dubble13 Says:

It only cost him 7G’s to get “treached”, and now INSTANT street cred. 8 more shots and he can sign to Aftermath.

9. Luis Says:

Damn, thank GOD he’s that seriously injured!

10. HIPHOP101 Says:

YEAH FOR REAL NIGGA’S CRACKIN JOKES, BUT THANK GOD NOT ANOTHER LOST FOR HIP HOP.

11. T Nelson Says:

12. HIPHOP101 Says:

T Nelson Says:

April 27th, 2006 at 12:54 pm

WORD? WHYS THAT?

13. Dumb Nigga aka Milk Money Says:

Damn, next time i think about being a hip hop blogger i better think twice, i’ll never know when a c-list rapper gets shot in the ass!

Will this guy talk about getting shot now? If so that would be embarressing! If i got shot in the ass, i wouldnt want anyone to know, i’d lie saying i got shot in my leg.

14. SOSA 420 Says:

“Maybe its me but when I saw that on the Sopranos I was kinda offended by that shyt ”

-It’s more of a take on the industry itself.

15. tyronebiggums71 Says:

* WONDERS IF MAIN-O HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS, HATES TO SPREAD RUMORS POSSIBLY ACCUSING SOMEONE BUT *

” PEOPLE ASK ME IF I GOT BEEF WITH GRAVY/ HOWS THAT WHEN I USED TO COOK BEEF WITH GRAVY ” – MAIN-O

16. DaSupaEmcee a.k.a. DaVillan Says:

i bet that morning he woke up he did’t have tha slightest clue that he would be shot in da ass later that day. poor guy

17. midnight snax Says:

i’m surprised they even let Hot 97 stay in the west village. only part of that hood where shit is ever poppin off.

18. T Nelson Says:

Its one of those things that you sense people laughing at you and not with u…… I think it makes rappers look stupid especially the scene where Lord Jamal is in the hospital and the record exec is telling him getting shot is good for him and that the fact that he used to work for a living hurt his street cred…and u notice they dont show the execs face (probably Jimmie I)….its just feeds into the view of niggas not being to be successful without violence in hip hop… I mean come on paying somebody to shoot u in the ass to sell records sit back and think about that..

19. DaSupaEmcee a.k.a. DaVillan Says:

“treached” dats classic

20. Reninatronix Says:

_______________________________
    Treached. Laughing my ass off. First of all. Dude. Soprano’s rockin with tha new lingo now.
    Thats hella fresh.

Oh my god is all I can say.

21. Luch Says:

the sopranos episode was aight… it was actually pretty funny…

is this the same Gravy who kicks it with D-Block?

22. reggaetonslasher Says:

t nelson I feel what your saying, but theres no such thing as bad press, and if being shot in the ass causes some sort of buzz, hey thats a plus. Basically we do what we gotta do to get to the next level, no one plays by the rules anymore in this game.

23. tyronebiggums71 Says:

T Nelson Says:
    April 27th, 2006 at 1:04 pm

NAW HOMIE IT JUST FEEDS INTO THE IMAGE OF THE TRUTH IF 50 NEVER GOT SHOT WE WOULDNT KNOW ABOUT HIM HE WOULD OF BEEN STUCK ON COLUMBIA FOREVER, ITS NOT THE SOPRANO’S FAULT FOR BEING REAL, THATS HOW IT WORKS ITS SAD BUT TRUE, AND THE SOPRANO’S MAKE EVERYRACE LOOK BAD IN THE SHOW ( ARAB,ITALIAN,BLACK, RUSSIAN,SPANISH YOU NAME IT ITS A SHOW ABOUT THE MAFIA FAMILY WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT THEY ARENT GONNA USE KNAYE ON THE SHOW ) I ACTUALLY THOUGHT IT WAS THE OPPISITE OF OFFENSIVE ESPECIALLY THECENE WHEN TONY AND LORD JAMAR ARE CHATTING IT UP AND TONY’S OFFERING HIM A BETTER DEAL ON THE FIGHT AND TH WAY THEY GOT ALONG AND REALIZED HOW SIMILAR THEY WERE WAS CRAZY TOO ME

24. DaSupaEmcee a.k.a. DaVillan Says:

guns=violence
    violence=death
    a rapper geting shot in that ass=the funniest shit i’ve heard all day

25. tyronebiggums71 Says:

Luch Says:
    April 27th, 2006 at 1:07 pm
    the sopranos episode was aight… it was actually pretty funny…

is this the same Gravy who kicks it with D-Block?

GRAVY IS FROM BK AND IS ACTUALLY BOYS WITH YOUR BOY 50 LUIS, IM SURE HE PROBABLY DID A MIXTAPE TRACK OR 2 WITH SOME D-BLOCK GUYS BUT HE DOESNT RUN WITH THEM, HE HAS HIS OWN LABEL SHIT DIRTY MONEY I THINK ITS WITH ATLANTIC MAYBE WARNER

26. Dumb Nigga aka Milk Money Says:

I dont know which is funnier, this or Killa Season.

27. T Nelson Says:

@ reggaeton

thats a bullshyt argument because Nelly (not a fan) never had to resort to some other shyt to sell records nor has Outkast Kanye Fab Na and some other rappers its just these wack ass no talent mixtape ass niggas fucking it up for real talented dudes

28. tyronebiggums71 Says:

^^^ DAMN CLOSE CALL THATS FO SHO

29. tyronebiggums71 Says:

^^ AT DUMB NIGGA

T NELSON ITS NOT FAIR TO COMPARE THOSE DUDES TO PEOPLE TRYING TO COME UP NOW, FIRST OFF THEY ARE ALL WAY MORE POPPY THAN RAP ESPECIALLY NELLY AND KANYE THATS A SEPERATE CATEGORY OF MUSIC, FAB IS NICE BUT IS STILL MORE COMMERCIAL THAN NOT AND OUTKAST IS ALL OVER THE PLACE WITH THEIR MUSIC I MEAN BOMBS OVER BAGDAD THEY APPEAL TO THE WIDEST RANGE. YOUR SO FUCKING RETARDED TO THINK CAUSE SOME NEW RAPPER NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF ( AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL NEVER GIVE A CHANCE BECAUSE YOU NEVER HEARD OF THEM SO THEY CANT BE HOT LOGIC ) HOW DO YOU EXPECT SOMEONE TO GET NOTICED ( 50 NEEDED TO GET SHOT AND THEN HAVE EM AND DRE SAVE HIM ) KANYE HAD JAY HELP HIM OUT NO ONE IS COMING OUT ON THEIR OWN DOING BIG NUMBERS ANYMORE NOT ANY REAL HIP-HOP

30. tyronebiggums71 Says:

NOBODY HAD ANY THOUGHTS ON MAIN-O HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS OR IS IT THAT MAYBE 3 PEOPLE ON HERE KNOW WHO MAIN-O IS ?

31. Ru Says:

HAHAHHAHHAHAH/ dood just went up and did his interview???
    HE is trying TOO hard!
    damn..me thinks this was a stunt to get dood famous.
    i once got shot with a bb gun (by my own stupid hand) and i thought i was gonna die! i stopped the world to come see about me and call me an ambulance..so this guy being THAT gangsta to go and talk to some ppl for an hour or whatever THEN notice he had been actually shot
    smells afoul to me!
    or he is too fat to have the bullet penetrate..like a whale’s blubber.
    i unno

32. T Nelson Says:

Im not blaming the Sorpranos Im blaming hip hop and us….. we supported certain images in hip hop so long that they have become acceptable aka profitable forgetting that hip hop represents who we are…. when shyt like that happens America’s response is basically look at these silly niggers

33. Dumb Nigga aka Milk Money Says:

Tell you the truth, i really dont know much about Main-O. I heard some freestlye but i didnt think he was good, and i know that he runs with Kim. Thats all i know about Main-O

34. 813 Says:

damn, seems like everyone is gainin street cred these days havin sumthin happen to them OUTSIDE of hot 97..

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPIC, cud someone tell me wut happened wit A TEAM?? why tha hell did they break up, i was feelin them! i know im late as hell on this

35. Dumb Nigga aka Milk Money Says:

@Biggums

36. Dumb Nigga aka Milk Money Says:

Damn i’m slow

37. Foekist Says:

Oh my goodness, is that something close to a smile on Gravy’s face in that picture? Oh, that explains why he’s still a B list rapper, HE’S SMILING for Gods sakes. haha

38. T Nelson Says:

@ Tyrone

IF YOU MAKE GOOD MUSIC PEOPLE WILL NOTICE YOU. “IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME”. It works in every other genre of music why not hip hop country stars dont beef to sell records Alicia Keys aint never been shot you dont see no Linkin Park vs Korn mixtapes

39. DaSupaEmcee a.k.a. DaVillan Says:

i feel u biggums(no bugsy)

40. DaSupaEmcee a.k.a. DaVillan Says:

this is off tha subject but i just smoked a blunt tha size of texas

41. tyronebiggums71 Says:

Dumb Nigga aka Milk Money Says:
    April 27th, 2006 at 1:32 pm

HE’S NOT THE BEST LYRICIST BUT I REALLY FUCK WITH HIM, HE’S REAL HE GETS ON HIS THUG TALK BUT DUDE IS REALLY BUILT LIKE THAT JUST GOT OUT OF DOING A 10 YEAR STRETCH FOR KIDDNAPPING AND ASSAULT AND SHIT ( I KNOW DUDES THAT WERE LOCKED UP WITH HIM WHEN HE DECIDED TO START RAPPING AND I KNOW DUDES WHO KNOW HIM KNOW, MY BOY DID A TRACK FOR HIM ON A SICKAMORE MIXTAPE ( THUG MUSIC ) )

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE SONG RUMORS ? OR WHO THE FUCK IS YOU? ( ITS BASICALLY THE FOLLOW UP TO RUMORS ) RUMORS HE TALKS ABOUT ALL THESE DIFFERENT RUMORS IN HIP-HOP ( ITS A COUPLE YEARS OLD NOW ) ITS KIND OF LIKE 50′S HOW TO ROB WITH A DIFFERENT TWIST AND DEFINTELY MORE RESPECTABLE HE DOESNT JUST TALK SHIT ON EVERYONE ALTHOUGH IT COULD BE PERCIEVED HE TOOK SOME SHOTS AT CERTAIN PEOPLE BUT CHECK OUT HIS HUSTLE HARD MIXTAPES ( HE HAS ONE MIXTAPE AT DATPIFF CALLED THE BROOKLYN’S TROUBLEMAKER, IT HAS RUMORS ON IT AS WELL AS A JOINT OVER NAS’S AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TRACK THATS CRAZY, AND HES GOT SOME OTHER REAL NICE SHIT BUT I HAVENT HEARD THIS WHOLE MIXTAPE )

42. Dumb Nigga aka Milk Money Says:

Yeah i heard the song rumors. I thought it was ok.

43. tyronebiggums71 Says:

813 Says:
    April 27th, 2006 at 1:32 pm

RANSOM BASICALLY SAID THEY JUST FELT THEY NEEDED TO MOVE ON AND DO THEIR OWN THING, HE SAID ITS NOT LIKE THERES BEEF BETWEEN THEM THEY JUST NEED TO WORK SOLO, ITS A DAMN SHAME BUT RANSOM IS STARTING TO ACTUALLY GET SOME SHINE AND LOVE SO HOPEFULLY HE WILL BLOW SOON CAUSE DUDE IS CRAZY NICE PLUS

JERSEY STAND

44. tyronebiggums71 Says:

T Nelson Says:
    April 27th, 2006 at 1:35 pm
    @ Tyrone

I STRONGLY DISAGREE BECAUSE ME AND MY PEOPLE THE ONES WHO LIKE REAL HIP-HOP WE DONT BUY BARELY ANY STUDIO ALBUMS ANYMORE NO SAM GOODY WE STAY COPPING MIXTAPES CAUSE THATS WHERE THE GOOD RAP IS, IF YOU WANT COMMERCIAL POPPY SHIT THEN TURN ON THE RADIO.

RAP HAS NEVER SOLD EVER, IT USED TO BE HUGE FOR RAP TO GO GOLD KNOW CAUSE A COUPLE PEOPLE CROSSED OVER EVERYONE IS UPPOSED TO GO POP AND FORGET ABOUT REAL HIP-HOP, NAW FUCK THAT REAL HIP-HOP STILL HAS THE SAME CORE FANS AROUND STILL LOOKING FOR THAT LYRICAL HEAT WE CAN ONLY FIND ON MIXTAPES.

YOUR TALKING ABOUT ALICIA KEYS AND LINCON PARK HOMIE OF COURSE THEY SELL MORE THAN RAP THEY APPEAL TO A WIDER AUDIENCE WHO ACTUALLY BUY THE MUSIC THEY LISTEN TO

45. tyronebiggums71 Says:

Dumb Nigga aka Milk Money Says:
    April 27th, 2006 at 1:42 pm
    Yeah i heard the song rumors. I thought it was ok.

YEA AGAIN HE ISNT KNOCKING DOWN DOORS LYRICALLY BUT I FUCKS WITH WHAT HE SAYS AND I ACTUALLY BELIEVE HIM TOO WHICH HELPS, BUT I LIKE HIS MUSIC OVERALL

46. Dumb Nigga aka Milk Money Says:

@tyronebiggums

I guess i’ll have to check out his other shit then to see if he’s got other songs that i might like.

47. Fe Says:

Thank you T Nel!
    I thought I was the only one offended by that shit. After reading ppl comments after your posts, I really think that we (and I mean you and I, and others who were offended) are wrong. Read the majority of comments on the matter you raised and realize that they should be making fun of us.

When grown ups don’t see the irony of the cameo, it shows you how they can make fun at you, mock your culture and most of y’all dont even realize it.
    WHO SAID THAT YOU NEEDED TO GET SHOT TO MAKE IT? You think Main-O or any other rapper who get shot is going to make it?
    That’s some of the dumbest shit, i’ve heard.

5-0 didn’t blow because he got shot nine times. Maybe yeah, because his voice changed. But in term of marketing, that is not what made him blow like that. The shooting surely helped his career, but it didn’t MAKE him into who he is. His marketing genius did. Understand the difference.

And so-called hip-hop head supporting this argument show that they ARE NOT hip-hop heads. Just because you been listening to it for a minute, don’t make you an expert in it.

48. 813 Says:

good lookin biggums

49. DaSupaEmcee a.k.a. DaVillan Says:

see i think a big factor in this whole shit is that people get emceeing mixed up wit rapping , emceeing is that more lyrical shit as opposed to rapping, tha more poppy shit. tha whole key is to take emceeing an making that appeal to a wide fane base. thats called savior of hip hop right there

50. MaddenMaster Says:

THATS A BIG ASS MAN……………. AND I GIVE IT 5 YEARS UNTIL SOMEBODY DIES OR THEY SHUT HOT 97 DOWN!!! WHATS DO YOU THINK?

51. HATCHBACK Says:

@T Nelson
    Shit Gravy ain’t wack, he can rap the hell out some of these record deal no skillz wack ass Mc’s out there, Big ups to Gravy!!! bullet in the ass or not, Gravy still got skillz

52. DaSupaEmcee a.k.a. DaVillan Says:

yeah gravy Is an so is them bullets in his ass. ha ha

53. Fe Says:

You think Gravy or any other rapper who get shot is going to make it?
    ^correction
    And I like Gravy. I just don’t think he has that thing yet. He’s nice, but he ain’t saying nothing new. He don’t have a great voice. Maybe him, playing Biggie will actually help his career, but I dunno man…

A-Team is the shit. I still play their first mixtapes at least once a week. Ransom’s last video on The Come-Up was nice. He talked some real shit, like not many rappers can.

54. T Nelson Says:

@ Tyrone

Let me school you real quick those mixtape songs that you love so much are only songs that dont make the album because execs dont think they will sell….. Its all about dollars and cents…… if people coped what you deem mixtape songs in a studio version more of it would be out there…… if mos def, roots & common did nelly type numbers they would be the majority and mtv wouldnt know who nelly is….. in business terms companies are only going to put out what people buy they really dont care if its nelly or rakim…..

55. Dro410 Says:

Ransom got it in on Fabolous “Loso’s Way” mixtape. The joint with him, Fab, and Paul Cain ober the Alchemist/Mobb Beat was sick. I don’t think Hitchcock’s gonna make it though. Ransom’s got a lil following in Bmore.

I could care less if this was a Maino and Gravy situation. Neither of them is gonna really make any impact outside of NYC

56. Joe 88 Says:

Agree wit T nelson & Fe
    we are looking at it from the inside because we grew up on hip hop (or most of us) the people on the outside(corperation, MTV, etc) are laughing at us. they don’t give a fuck bout us I bet right now gravy’s A @ R is telling him this a good time to drop with all this hype surrounding what happen. When our hip hop icons are murdered we hurt, we mourn, those corprate motherfuckers don’t care it’s a win win for them. They laughing at us

57. DaSupaEmcee a.k.a. DaVillan Says:

dats why niggas gotta quit buyin niggas like 40 cent and p-unit

58. Foekist Says:

MaddenMaster Says:

April 27th, 2006 at 1:57 pm

—————

Word. You would think that a high profile radio station like that would have some kind of security or something in place. Now it’s like you go on Hot 97 you gotta be ready for whatever when you come out, cuz your enemies know EXACTLY where yo ass is, haha.

Dro410… you from B’more too? That’s what’s up. We slowly creeping up in here like roaches when the lights go out.

60. Plug industries AKA the Regulator Says:

*roles up the block swurvin in an all black suburban*

*sees Foefist, MaddanMaster, and D Bills posted on the corner*

*roles tinted window down reveiling identity*

*lets off 6 horizontal rain droplets into crowd*

*Catches Foe in the right testicle, and Madden in his gamers thumb, d billz runs into liquor store*

*plug turns up Master P’s Ice cream man*

*toots horn, bends corner in search of luis*

Hitchcock just dropped a response to that track Ransom made about the breakup, did ya’ll hear it? it’s kinda hot. Ransom is the better rapper but I like Hitchcock’s song better

Here it is:

Hitchcock – Emotion

63. Foekist Says:

Plug. What an imagination you have.

64. TYRONEBIGGUMS Says:

Dumb Nigga aka Milk Money Says:

April 27th, 2006 at 1:50 pm
    @tyronebiggums

yea check out his mixtape on datpiff im actually gonna listen to the whole thing now, but his real recognize real mixtape is whatsup. he also has this song called mixtape love that is fucking crazy talking about how important mixtapes are and shit. like i said he isnt killing it lyrically but he says some real shit ( and he’s mad cocky and pops alot of shit ypical bk dude * bk dudes and jersey dudes are exactly the same like that ( no disrespect to the other 5 boros ) but bk and jersey dudes tend to run their mouth alittle more than most and again he really lives what he raps so i respect that and i like him for different reasons than buddens and dudes like him, i like his hooks and what he says and will bump to it all day * its great getting high or amped music * but i dont look for the crazy insane complex lyrics but he does say mad cocky slick funny shit

65. TYRONEBIGGUMS Says:

T Nelson Says:

April 27th, 2006 at 2:11 pm
    @ Tyrone

man you dont even realize your making my points for me. mos common roots have been around for years over a decade and they never sold more than gold if that but they were still thought of as some of the best in hip-hop because no one sold. then DIDDY AND MASE took hip-hop and split it into different categories. all that puffy shit isnt hip-hop its pop music its backstreet boys type shit same with g-unit nelly d4l dem franchize boyz ying yang.

ONE LAST TIME IN HIP-HOP SALES DONT DETERMINE WHO IS THE BEST SKILLS AND TALENT DO.

and as far as your mixtape comment your crazy count the number of mixtape sold and they shit over the amount of studio albums, real hip-hop heads look for that new mixtape crack every week

and your talking buisness terms thats our point fuck sales fuck buisness fuck converting to pop real hip-hop ells just as much as it used to. shit if buddens went gold in 96-98 he would of been one the top sellers in hip-hop

66. TYRONEBIGGUMS Says:

” ive made more beef than friends/
    i like it like that so i dont have to pretend/
    i guess they dont like/
    that I like/
    to speak my mind/
    I said i run brooklyn these niggas thought i was lyin/
    i always felt JADA was my favorite rapper believe me/
    so i loved it when the boy brought the heat to 50/
    how these dudes gonna compare me to 50?/
    i done shot niggas up dog can you compare that to 50?/
    i dont care if niggas dont like that im greasy/
    no matter regardless brooklyn needs me/
    hope success comes to me/
    before these bullets get to me/
    but if so please lay my nine next to me/
    Im a trouble maker only cause i do what i feel nigga/
    not ass kisser baby boy im a field nigga/
    THE INDUSTRY WASNT MADE FOR REAL NIGGAS/
    THEY MAD THAT IM HERE NIGGA ” – MAIN-O

67. TYRONEBIGGUMS Says:

eskay Says:

April 27th, 2006 at 3:16 pm

eskay Says:

April 27th, 2006 at 3:20 pm
    Here it is:

Hitchcock – Emotion

GOOD LOOKS ESKAY I HAVENT HEARD THIS SHIT YET,

THATS WHATSUP THAT RANSOM HAS A FOLLOWING OUTSIDE TRI-STATE BUT B-MORE KNOWS WHATSUP REAL RECOGNIZE REAL

68. Dro410 Says:

Yea Billz I’m from Bmore. East and Northeast to be exact. Shout the whole 410.

@eskay

That Hitchcock joint was was straight. Hitchcock got his moments. I got some joints back when A team w/ Stack Bundles was goin at Ali Vegas. He got it in. I thought he was better than Ransom then. Ransom just kicked it into overdrive and been killing on everything I’ve heard from him recently.

69. Dro410 Says:

@Biggums

It’s only right. Niggas in Bmore listen to a lil bit of everybody. But don’t get it tangled nor twisted, niggas know hot shit. Plus a LOT of cats out here spit and the battling shit gets intense. Been like that for years. No difference then when I be in Philly. You gotta get ya punchline game way up or its a problem.

BTW- Check out http://www.thiquemag.com

That’s my peoples magazine show some luv yall

70. Joe 88 Says:

@Dro410
    That’s the bisness B more is in the building.

71. el_feces_loco Says:

@tybiggs..I respect Mains street game,his jail swagger whatever, but musically the lil 16 you just wrote looks better typed than how he spit it.,,,HE NEED ANOTHER 10 YRS TO PERFECT HIS DELIVERY..HIS SHYTS AWKWARD

I just got up on RANSOM 4 weeks ago and since then, everyday I get home a spark a blunt and watch The COME UP before I do anything else..I gotta listen to UNCLE MURDER first tho..then RAN..then J HOOD…that shyts the hottest I ever heard J HOOD spit.

“WANNA KNOW THE DIFF BETWEEN ME AND 5TH IMMA TELL YA/HE GOT SHOT 9 TIMES I SHOT 9 NIGGAZ/YOU SHOOT 50 HE GON DISS U ON RECORD/YOU SHOOT MURDER HE GON HIT YOU WITH THE DESSERT”..-UNCLE MURDER..

MY GIRL DONT REALIZE HOW IM NICE WITH THIS/SHE THINK IM PLAYIN CANT EVEN PAY THE LITES WITH THIS/…THAT SHYT AINT MEAT ON THE TABLE/CANT EAT NO RICE WITH THIS……YOU ONLY GOT DRO MONEY HOW YOU GON GET HAZE/HOW COULD U FUKK THAT BISH RAW AND RISK AIDS- RANSOM

GOT THE GIFT OF GAB..I COULD SELL A BULLET TO 50-J HOOD..

MAN 15 MORE MINUTES AND I CAN GO WACTH MY SHYT
    PS..I NEVER HEARD HITCHCOCK B4..HE KINNA NICE..BUT RAN IS A NIGGA IMMA RUN WITH FOR NOW…I DLOADED THAT RAN VS S.P. FROM PIFF LAST WEEK..FIYAH.

72. el_feces_loco Says:

*AFTER HITTIN “SUBMIT COMMENT AND SEEING THE LYRICS..THE WORDS ECHO IN HIS HEAD AT HIGH DECIBELS*…..

CAM GOT SHOT IN DC..SO WHEN THEM DC NIGGAS COME HERE THEY CANT ROC..I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW NEGGAS SAY BIG WAS THEY MAN/WHEN BIG GOT SHOT/ALL NEGGAS DID WAS SAY BIG GOT SHOT/ AINT NOBODY RIDE FOR HIM/MIGHTA SHOUTED OUT HIS NAME/POURED OUT A LIL LIQUOR OR GOT HIGH FOR HIM/ WHEN I DIE DONT CRY FOR ME/DONT SPRAY PAINT ON THE WALLS R.I.P/SPRAY THEM THANGS MAKE THEM NIGGAS D.I.E…UNCLE MURDER…DAMN ONLY 5 MINUTES PASSED?..FUKK IM LEAVIN EARLY..ONES.

73. TYRONEBIGGUMS Says:

^^^ i was just gonna post that link

74. 813 Says:

@ el feces loco

cosignin wit 60 bars from ransom, that shit is straight fire, i still bump that

But u got locked up, cant get ur back up off tha ground,
    Its tha prison system, I call it the black lost and found,
    U got tha game twisted, u think jus a couple songs is gonna prevent my daughter from havin a lame Christmas,
    Im in tha same district wit bitches thatll flame biscuits,
    U get ur brain shifted jus to get ur chain lifted,
    I sacrifice my life for this, my baby motha don’t really know how im nice wit this,
    She thinks im playin around, cant pay for hta lights wit this,
    That shit aint putting meat on tha table, u cant eat rice wit this,
    I spit pain till it reaches tha center, of ya stomach
    Im lethal, I hope tha streets rememba,
    I cant wait to reach December, cuz while yall niggaz waitin to see who owns tha summer my niggaz is tryin to keep tha winter,

btw good lookin eskay on postin that hitchcock track, i read that theres a track by ransom talkin about tha situation as well, its called shine, cud u post that plz

75. KingML Says:

it would take more tahn 1 bullet to take down taht bastard.

and i think they leave hot 97 in west village so rappers DO get shot.

I guess this guy got the name Gravy cause he was sitting in his bathtub watching the water turn brown and hes like “What do you put on this much meat? gravy bitches!”

^^ LMAO!

77. Sour D. Says:

lol @king. i’ve heard alot of hype about gravy. i tried listening to him a couple years back, but sounded like a wack big imposter. anyone disagree and got a song thats hot, i’m open for it.

btw, you think when he got shot someone tried gettin him to let it leak over mashed potatoes?

78. biggumskiller Says:

tyrone you should know gravy was going at gunit on that last jay hood song over the have a party beat him an 50 arent cool they dont rock like that but gravys street cred is finished now not even one of those thirty people he came with shot back? what the fuck

79. tyronebiggums71 Says:

^^^ biggumstalker – gravy street cred never got started dude never did anything in BK ask main-o

all i know is ive heard gravy say i think it was the labels song ( the one gravy song i like ) something like “people hatin on me cause im cool with fiiftay ”

sour.d – gravy boring and fake as fuck check out any of those main-o cd’s main-o been pulling his card on this shit for a minute

80. www.Reachnyc.com Says:

81. Sour D. Says:

yeah i haven’t really felt main-o. i heard a couple of his songs probably around the same time i heard those gravy tracks. and i thought he had a commercial flow. if you cosign with him though i’ll give him another shot.

82. tyronebiggums71 Says:

SOUR D. i mean dudes not the savior or anything but he’s real and i feel him, for the same reason why i really like jay, he speaks real and he gets me amped and in real cocky full swagger mode, its cocky shit talking music but again defintely if you can check out any main-o songs check out mixtape luv maybe ESKAY Ccould find it and post it or a link i dont know how to upload shit i got it from a kay slay mixtape hosted by main-o

83. Saskwatch Says:

Rule number 1. Stay the fuck away from Hot 97

84. J Says:

It wouldn’t surprise me if he set up his own shooting outside Hot 97 to create buzz (I wouldn’t put anything past these rappers) Now he can go in to the studio and record a track detailing the shooting and bragging about how he took one bullet but still kept it moving.

85. Sour D. Says:

has he had any mixtapes on datpiff biggs? or does he just throw a song out here and there. also, i been meaning to bring this up. a long time ago. i think maybe even late 90′s, this kid named pretty ugly dropped a freestyle dissing all of badboy. it was meant to be a funny freestyle not on some real hater shit. and he came through with maybe 6 more freestyles over the next 6 years. anyone heard of him cause i was really feelin dude (no bugsy), but it seems like he drops a freestyle once every year and a half for the fuck of it.

86. tyronebiggums71 Says:

HE’S ONLY GOT ONE ON DAT PIFF, MY FAVORITE MIXTAPE OF HIS IS THE REAL RECOGNIZE REAL MIXTAPE BUT ITS NOT ON DATPIFF BUT HERES THE LINK FOR BROOKLYNS TROUBLEMAKER

87. Sour D. Says:

you sure its called real recognize real biggs, i’m lookin for it online and can’t find it. only postaboy’s mixtape comes up. god i hate postaboy.

88. Sour D. Says:

J, maybe he got the idea from treach on sopranos.

89. Dumb Nigga aka Milk Money Says:

I still think this shit’s funny.

90. TYRONEBIGGUMS Says:

SOUR D.

HOPE THIS IS OK WITH EVERYONE ME POSTING THE LINK FOR HIM

91. Sour D. Says:

chill biggs, this aint the place for that. c’mon man, this is the internet.

92. TYRONEBIGGUMS Says:

o yea fuck my bad what was i thinking im sorry everyone

93. » Could It Be That It Was All So Simple Then? - XXL Says:

[...] and cuff with him. {+} Children, thirty people wearing a rapper’s promo shirt as he gets “Treached,” while technically being his entourage, [...]

94. marde BK Says:

Since when do niggas hop out of escalades and pop shots. Since when? Shit sounds treaced up to me. u got love these rappers coming up with new ways to get publicity.
    Cam stalking
    Gravy treached
    field mob trying to talk shit
    mobb deep riding the iron horse with jake (they still might get robbed)
    HIphop is now COMEDY CENTRAL

95. el_feces_loco Says:

@813…yea ran got me with that joint …

@ “STREET CRED”..street cred nowadays is so overated..I mean I know niggas with street cred that get credibility for one act, like a lil nigga shot up a empty house and everyone since then is like ” that lil nigga crazy he buss his guns”..I really dont no no more…

@gravy looks too happy to be a rapper, every time I ever saw him he looked like a kid on his way to chukky cheese…he looks like a short order cook.

96. el_feces_loco Says:

He look like that nigga from “HOLLYWOOD SHUFFLE”..the chef ..the nigga that’s with pops sellin, say it wit me now…”winky dinky dogggggggggggs”….If he wasnt so wack to me I wouldnt care..but I seen this dude on mad DVDS etc..my pastor can spit better rymes than duke…Maybe Im prejudiced against fat people named after foods?

flashback*remember when B.I.G was like “B.I.G?..it used to stand for Business Insteada Games but I changed it to Bullet Inda Gut”……classic. This gravy train nigga cant fukk with BIG.

97. E From BK Says:

I’m tired of these cats.

Free Shyne!!!!!!!!!!

98. gunitgroupieforlive Says:

that ni99a shine aint gotta rep, its all about JAYO now ya dig
    TALK OF NY TONYYYYY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYOOOOO
    YAYOOOOO YAYOOOOHOHOHOHOHO ITS YAYOOO YAYHEHEHEHEHEHOOOO

99. E From BK Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    See?

100. itbeezlikethat Says:

another rapper shot, what a shock!

101. MIKE LAURRY Says:

GRAVY GOT HIT BY HIS OWN PEOPLES…CAUSE HE HIS PU**Y………..THE WOVLES PREY ON THE SHEEP

102. mister Says:

SOSA 420 Says:

April 27th, 2006 at 12:59 pm

-It’s more of a take on the industry itself.

^^^^^^^ cosign sopranos always takes shots at us no pun intended

103. MissInfo.tv BLOG » Gravy got some B.I.G. shoes to fill…..Good luck. You’ll need it. Says:

[...] I’m on wait-n-see mode. Gravy’s got the look and the background, but that butt-shooting incident would never have went down with Frank White, lol. [...]

104. Notorious Casting (no pun intended) | OnSMASH Says:

[...] Angela Bassett – Voletta Wallace Derek Luke – Sean Combs f/k/a Puff Daddy Anthony Mackie – Tupac Shakur Jamal Woolard – The Notorious B.I.G. [...]

105. Mp3Fable.com Download Mp3 Music » Blog Archive » Notorious B.I.G. Film Casts Rapper to Play Rapper Says:

[...] The planned Notorious B.I.G. biopic Notorious has found its star after an open call audition. Brooklyn-based rapper Jamal Woolard, who performs under the nom de MC Gravy, has been cast to star as the B.I.G., beating out more than a hundred other Biggies who tried out for the part. Like the man he will be playing, Woolard segued from his job as a drug dealer into that of a rapper. Gravy also earned instant street cred two years ago, when he was shot in the buttocks before a radio appearance outside NY hip-hop station Hot 97’s studios, and then proceeded to brush off his wound and go inside for his interview. Gravy joins a cast that includes Derek Luke (who will play Sean “Diddy” Combs), Anthony Mackie (as Tupac Shakur) and Angela Bassett in the role of Biggie’s mother Violetta Wallace. In casting Jamal to play her son, Wallace said, “He is a talented and charismatic actor, and I am excited that he will bring Christopher’s character to life” and that Gravy’s “charming personality, warm spirit, wonderful sense of humor and beautiful smile” captured the essence of B.I.G. The film, which will be directed by George Tillman Jr. (Men of Honor, Soul Food), is due out January 2009. [...]

106. there can only be one... Says:

[...] Like the man he will be playing, Woolard segued from his job as a drug dealer into that of a rapper. Gravy also earned instant street cred two years ago, when he was shot in the bum before a radio appearance outside NY hip-hop station Hot 97’s studios, and then proceeded to brush off his wound and go inside for his interview. [...]

107. Hip-Hop 2.0: Notorious Blog | Black Web 2.0 Says:

[...] Barrow used the site to break the announcement that Jamal Woolard, a Brooklyn rapper known as Gravy, was being cast in the role of B.I.G. The blog also promoted Woolard’s photo in character as B.I.G. (pictured above). Just last year, Woolard was shot outside of New York’s Hot 97, and his music was later banned from the station by Funkmaster Flex. [...]

108. Jamal “Gravy” Woolard, who made headlines … [Casting Couch] | weeklyexaminer.com Says:

[...] Jamal “Gravy” Woolard, who made headlines in the spring of 2006 when he was shot in the butt outside the Hot 97 building, has been tapped to play the Notorious B.I.G. in Notorious, the Biggie Smalls biopic scheduled to hit theaters in 2009; the movie will also feature Angela Bassett as Biggie’s mother, Voletta Wallace. According to Nah Right, Gravy has been at the front of the casting line since the Hot 97 incident, so all those open casting calls that even got the New York Times interested may have been nothing more than publicity stunts to drum up excitement about the movie. [MissInfo.TV / Nah Right] [...]