During a trip to Zane Lowe’s show on Beats 1 today, Nas announced that Mass Appeal Records will be releasing J Dilla’s long delayed posthumous Rap album The Diary. The project will feature contributions from Snoop Dogg, Pete Rock, Madlib, House Shoes, Nottz and Bilal among others. Zane also premiered a new track from the album called “The Introduction,” which you can preview below.
UPDATED with the full tracklist and production credits below.
Check out Rolling Stone’s interview with Stones Throw GM Eothen “Egon” Alapatt about the project here.
Stay tuned for a release date for The Diary.
Tracklist and production credits
1. The Introduction, prod. by HOUSE SHOES with additional production by J Dilla
2. The Anthem feat. Frank & Dank Prod. by J Dilla
3. Fight Club feat. Nottz & Boogie, prod. by WAAJEED
4. The Shining Pt. 1 (Diamonds) feat. Kenny Wray, prod. by NOTTZ
5. The Shining Pt. 2 (Ice), prod. by MADLIB
6. Trucks Prod. by J Dilla
7. Gangsta Boogie feat. Snoop Dogg & Kokane, prod. by HI-TEK
8. Drive Me Wild, prod. by KARRIEM RIGGINS with live performance by Questlove, Lee Johnson, James Poyser, Pino Palidino
9. Give Them What They Want Prod. by J Dilla
10. The Creep (The O), prod. by HI-TEK
11. The Ex feat. Bilal, prod. by PETE ROCK
12. So Far, prod. by SUPA DAVE WEST
13. Fuck The Police Prod. by J Dilla
14. The Diary, prod. by BINK!
The vinyl edition of the album is now available for pre-order ahead of its April 15 release
Previously: J Dilla – Diamonds (The Shining Pt. 1)