Jean Grae – Gotham Down: cycle 1​:​Love In Infinity (Lo​-​Fi) (Album)

Jean unexpectedly drops a new 6-track concept project. Chronologically, The story of Gothan Down occurs after the events of the as yet unreleased Cake Or Death, but Jeanie isn’t one for linear storytelling. Stream the album below and click through to purchase on Bandcamp.

“I think all of our past, present and future spaces are intertwined, all folded into each other. If you change your present, it changes your future and your past. If you recognized that you had the ability to knowingly jump around in space-time, you would definitely shift things, either for the best or not. Basically, it’s a kick-ass story about the good and evil within us, our abilities to do superhuman things, and the understanding of our place in the multiverse. And boys.” Grae describes the project as complicated and as simple as that.

Previously: Mobetta ft. Jean Grae – Back At The Ranch (Video) | Jean Grae – Special

24 Responses to “Jean Grae – Gotham Down: cycle 1​:​Love In Infinity (Lo​-​Fi) (Album)”

One of da most difficult task is 2 get money & remain low key..specially when u inspired by & aspire 2 b on a class level as da guy on da dat swerve thru ya blocc or on tv or in da magazine or as of late da guy comn out ya speakers smh Meech I almost undastand cuhz

^ yea the downfall of many a gangsta… you see how Deniro tried to stay low in HEAT or how Frank Lucas styled out at the fight with the fur. Or how in Good Fellas, they off’d dude for copping his wifey the new Cadi.

These are tried-and-true methods of either making it out the trap or spending a lifetime behind bars.

^ UPDATED. “you get your money quietly and then you blow” – Hova.

2. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

I think ill cop this pusha album on da strength of a1 stanninnlol

3. The Don Dubb Dollar$ Says:

Cake..cake cake cake cake cake…..

4. TS-LTE Says:

^ UPDATED. “you get your money quietly and then you blow” you keep your cool. – Hova.

#EDIT

5. TS-LTE Says:

THe KiD FRanKiE
    1 min ago
    I think ill cop this pusha album on da strength of a1 stanninnlol

He’s a man of good taste.

I’m copping on GP.

6. The Don Dubb Dollar$ Says:

TS-LTE
    0 mins ago

#EDIT
    ——-
    Das da one

Walter White new what it was… copp a modest auto and invest in a business with growth potential.

Heres, the thing about niggas getting money from the hood. First off the flossing is in you from jump. When you were a kid you styled out with the new bike, as a teen you doted the baddest redbone in school for all to see. Once outta school its only natural that stunt continued. The smart dudes or the ones fortunate enough to find out early knows the hatred that breeds, and if life is a chess game, you need to so blatantly make enemies on your way out the hood. Theres a tight rope act involved though. Style just enough and be exhalted amongst your peers with enough positioning to use people to your advantage… But don’t become a threat, and by that I mean the threat of leaving them in the hood.

8. The Don Dubb Dollar$ Says:

THe KiD FRanKiE
    0 mins ago
    I think ill cop this pusha album on da strength of a1 stanninnlol
    ———
    He talkn DAT TALK…like WE talk dat talk..only few can undastand ya feel me..?

9. JR Says:

i often wonder about this, you risk it all to get everything you never had then all that shit you never had ends up being the reason you lose it all,

then you got someone like myself who was driving an 04 745 at 16 in 05

life is a funny thing

10. The Don Dubb Dollar$ Says:

TS-LTE
    1 min ago
    THe KiD FRanKiE
    1 min ago
    I think ill cop this pusha album on da strength of a1 stanninnlol

He’s a man of good taste.

I’m copping on GP.
    ——-
    Appreciate da respect….as r u doe…Salute

you need not to so blatantly*

12. The Don Dubb Dollar$ Says:

I feel dat cOLD

13. TS-LTE Says:

So, Elaine from Seinfeld has a neg worth of 3 Billy.

Dammit man, who knew…

yo, I know you niggas without kids aint too keen on watching animated flicks. But this movie the Croods I just watched yesterday. Maaaane.

gems galore.

15. The Don Dubb Dollar$ Says:

I remember a point in my life I used 2 enjoy da hate envy brung lol da fear of da repercussions were greater than da hate durin dat era but it brought probs dat coulda been avoided but 2 b. Young & frivolous lol u live learn & adapt

Niggas biggest fear ? Their brethren will make it out and leave em stuck and fucked up in the game.

it’s why our hearts bled for Bang em Smurf.

17. TS-LTE Says:

So many things can be said about hood economics man.

Kiss ALWAYS raps about stacking paper, being humble, and keeping your homies close.

Gotta respect that.

^ co, but it be niggas amongst you giving that side eye treatment. SMH.

19. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

The Juan Epstein interviews>>>>>

So many things can be said about hood economics man.

Gotta respect that.

^ indeed

I remember Meek Millz saying, pops wasnt around, he was raised off Kiss and the jewelery he would leave.

21. JR Says:

But cold it’s not that easy, especially for niggas who never had shit

the mentality is i never had shit so why give a fuck might as well go all out, it almost always takes the worst to happen for niggas to scale back

22. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

04 745 at 16 in 05

^sounds like some rap shit lol

23. The Don Dubb Dollar$ Says:

JR
    5 mins ago

then you got someone like myself who was driving an 04 745 at 16 in 05

life is a funny thing
    ———-
    If I was in ya shoes..I can not in da least bit lie! Cuhz I would STUNT wit NO regard! Lol u really ain’t got nothn 2 b concerned wit! Da paper trail…da insurance…Stunt cuhz! Stunt 4 da ones of us dat can’t so simple my g!

24. TS-LTE Says:

My grandmother won’t leave the projects, I’m tryna raise the slums up.”

When Jay Elect said that… Damn. I feel em though. You can’t take everybody man. You want to. You think you got the heart and the know how to do it. But damn man. You just can’t take everybody.

Next best thing: raise this whole goddamn platform up until we turn this hell into heaven.