Video: Wale – Clappers (Live in NYC)

Wale performs “Clappers”, his collaboration with Nicki Minaj and Juicy J, at his album release event at Best Buy Theater in NYC last night. Introduction by DJ Khaled.

Look for the “Clappers” video to drop soon. The Gifted is out today.

Previously: Wale ft. Nicki Minaj & Juicy J – Clappers (Behind The Scenes) | Wale on NBC NiteCap

105 Responses to “Video: Wale – Clappers (Live in NYC)”

1. Casket Face Says:

That heat is real today NYC …was out there 6am and it was hot as fuck.

That heat is real today NYC …was out there 6am and it was hot as fuck.

^ sun dresses were out in full force, wedged heels, and that light film of sweat forming into bead droplets on her shoulder arm. Maaaan.

3. A-1 Says:

I mean why do niggas feel like Nas betta than Jay.? I mean if we talkn in terms of subject matta I might could giveu dat but I also can argue dat Jay raps bout what’s real 2 him which u can’t knocc..but what’s da science behind Nas b’n betta than Jay..?

4. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

whats the last Hov song where you can honestly say he danced

> whas your definition of dancing tho?

in open letter the subject matter in of itself made it a dance.
    the bitch don’t kill my vibe verse? end zone dancing.

why nas ain dancing in rhymes if he ain rapping about being hey day nasty?

5. A-1 Says:

S.I.K.H
    53 mins ago
    Funny how nobody has a clear cut third place goat emcee.It always boils down to jay vs nas.Who the fuck is THIRD???

don`t you dare say Cam`ron.LOL
    ——
    Big..?

6. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

but what’s da science behind Nas b’n betta than Jay..?

> ether.

it became bigger than a diss track. it is the proverbial worded weapon that took hella steam outta hov & exposed his soul for all the pain he hides.

years later before the reconciliation you know nas was on some: ”AAH! Gimme mines!”

7. A-1 Says:

Top 10
    1. Jay
    2. Big
    3. Esco
    4. Face
    5. Push
    6. Rae
    7. Pac
    8. Jay Elect
    9. Pun
    10. Juve

8. Harlem World: My hoe$ they do drug$ Says:

i just found out yesterday

nas said hed never do an alcohol commercial, years ago

and he is now doin commercials for hennessey (one of my lifetime goals)

after all that shit he talked on stillmatic (what goes around)

about liquor, black killer companies being poison

i can see why jay-z was so frustrated on blueprint 2

like i never pretended to be this humanitarian dude and you sayin im shallow and vain

when this dude dont even practice what he preaches

whas your definition of dancing tho?

the marraige of rhyme and beat in sync… following the terrain of the beat without losin a step.

10. Gob Bluth Says:

LL, Busta, Snoop ??

do they count ??

I forget about Face when top 5’s are being discussed. He def rank worthy.

12. Casket Face Says:

13. d_block_4_Life Says:

Jay is the Range that has power, glamour and can also go off-road. and that’s really it. Nas is the coup that really has no plan B when faced with a ditch. and that’s really it. both sick cars… but ppl prefer the V that can go off road.

Jay > Nas

Nas > BIg

I mean why do niggas feel like Nas betta than Jay

^ its called personal opinion, its really not that deep at all.

niggas prefer who the prefer… My Hov catalog is wild, me and the misses bang Hov in the whip when the childrens is elsewhere. I’d be lyin if I said I fucked with Hov post Kingdom Come though

15. Jackson7 Says:

Gob Bluth Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 10:01 am
    thin lizzy – boys are back in town >>>>>>>>>>

lol foreal, it blew my mind when i learned duke was irish

—————

word me too

father was african mother was Irish…

nigga looked like a deformed Prince..

RIP the great Phil Lynott

16. A-1 Says:

COLD
    13 mins ago
    I ain’t neva heard Nas do a Jigga what type flow

^ you mean like a double time flow. If heaven was a mile away…
    ——
    He did..wasn’t as good as Jigga shit doe lol sorry

17. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

> thas cool. jus know that as nice as nas & hov is they’re beyond that mode now. the message in there rhymes will make you tolerate a beat you normally wouldn’t rock with.

lol. this is especially true in nas case.

18. Tong Po Flo Says:

LL, Busta, Snoop ??

do they count ??

^ Busta def top ten quality

19. Casket Face Says:

Jay-Z proved to be the better emcee, Nas just has to live with the #2 spot.

Hov has contradictions too, but Nas’ has a little more sting to them because he went so hard to make you believe they came from his soul.

Hov basically admits he’s human and tries to win.

“That ain’t the reason why I be buying expensive chains” (c) Jay-Z

Casket Face Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 10:40 am

^ Gnaawl Gnaw, not dis time ( Dikembe Mutombo voice)

21. Jackson7 Says:

so many more layers and dimensions to jayz as a MC and as a man

nas never developed into anything more than Illmatic

noshots tho, he one of the 5 illest to ever do it

1 jayz
    2 camron
    3 busta rhymes
    4 nas/raekwon

etc
    etc
    etc

lol. this is especially true in nas case.

^ content is a necessity I should of added.

23. A-1 Says:

Hood Trill Stunting Aka Trap Day Man
    8 mins ago
    but what’s da science behind Nas b’n betta than Jay..?

> ether.

——–
    Cool..but let me play devils advocate 4 a sec..we REALLY gon compare a WHOLE song 2 ONE verse..? And in REALITY Ether DID MORE 4 Hov than it did 4 Nas so…….

1 jayz
    2 camron
    3 busta rhymes
    4 nas/raekwon

etc
    etc
    etc

^ lol when Cam and Busta is in the same list as Nas…. I gots not choice but to flick my collar and Keep it moving…

25. Casket Face Says:

Scarface was overrated… so was Tupac.

They both made good music but lyrical they were not.

Lucris was lyrical.

related sidenote: Is it me or is Jay Electronica a definition of a sellout? It just felt like he was waiting on a meal ticket. And I said this from jump.

26. d_block_4_Life Says:

Nas doesn’t have the capabilities to generate major interest at this stage in his career. Just a shiny car that can go really fast but can’t do much else.

27. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

I’d be lyin if I said I fucked with Hov post Kingdom Come though

> aw you played yaself then.

i know AG & WTT still gets spin in the crib & the whip.

28. Jackson7 Says:

Ether won the battle tho

superugly saved some face

but Ether bodied jay

jay still greater tho

its like when iverson showed out on jordan

jordan still the greater player by far

29. Gob Bluth Says:

Jay > Nas

overall without a doubt

the run from Dynasty to Black album alone should cement the fact

30. A-1 Says:

Good analogy J7…I can respect dat

31. Jackson7 Says:

Camron and Busta both had greater careers by nas

by alot

nas is a master lyricist and poet no doubt

but he just dont Move the Crowd like Busta and Cam

and thats in the mc job description first and foremost

32. Casket Face Says:

Project Pat’s lyricism and cadence >>>>>> Scarface

Mista Don’t Play should’ve went platinum and got 5mics and XXL

*what? yeah I said it*

33. Jackson7 Says:

greater careers than nas > had greater careers by nas

i know AG & WTT still gets spin in the crib & the whip.

^ I forgot about American Gangsta…. he had some good songs on there

35. Jackson7 Says:

*daps DBlock and everyone else*

36. Jackson7 Says:

Scarface was overrated… so was Tupac.

————–

all FACTS

*doesnt dap DBlock out of concern its a mask*

38. d_block_4_Life Says:

*Daps Land, cOLD*

39. A-1 Says:

Ether was NEVA really dat great 2 me doe..cuhz was jus statn da obv..Hell yeah dat Jay ugly & superficial but niggas ALREADY knew dat lol it aint like he showed em his 1st tec & cuhz lata on rhymed bout it or left condoms in da baby seat ijs

40. d_block_4_Life Says:

no mask… just diabetes.

41. A-1 Says:

Casket Face
    2 mins ago
    Project Pat’s lyricism and cadence >>>>>> Scarface

Mista Don’t Play should’ve went platinum and got 5mics and XXL

*what? yeah I said it*
    ——
    I respect it but Ghetty green>mista don’t play IMO

no mask… just diabetes.

^ *daps*

43. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

we REALLY gon compare a WHOLE song 2 ONE verse.

> when hov lost to nas on hot 97 by unanimous decision & they played jay songs all day in memoriam as if he died…that right there cemented the overpowering influence ether had took.

whoever sanctioned that made whatever hov say after that seem like a melt.

thas what ether does.

44. A-1 Says:

Jackson7
    2 mins ago
    Scarface was overrated… so was Tupac.

————–

all FACTS
    ——
    Smh lol

45. Gob Bluth Says:

Yo who’s the OG with Nas & Diddy in the Hate me now video ?

46. A-1 Says:

Bout 10 million people disagrees!

47. Tong Po Flo Says:

nas never developed into anything more than Illmatic

^ That’s what a lot of people want. The same man with life changes like everyones else and able to speak on it

48. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

Scarface was overrated

> smfh

49. A-1 Says:

Hood Trill Stunting Aka Trap Day Man
    1 min ago
    we REALLY gon compare a WHOLE song 2 ONE verse.

whoever sanctioned that made whatever hov say after that seem like a melt.

thas what ether does.
    ——
    I can dig it

50. S.I.K.H Says:

I respect Busta at number 3 and Tariq at number 4 or you can flip the positions(II)

51. Casket Face Says:

If You Ain’t From My Hood >>>>
    Cheese and Dope >>>>
    Ski Mask >>>>
    Gorilla Pimp >>>>

That album was a CLASSIC

52. Tong Po Flo Says:

but he just dont Move the Crowd like Busta and Cam

^ When certain NaS joints about to start you can’t say it don’t get a crowd hyped

53. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

brad jordan switch flows jus as well as nas does. no, he’s not as lyrical but, the texture of his voice commands tracks. cut it out.

54. S.I.K.H Says:

IWW>>Illmatic

Nas came of age and the production was stepped up.

55. Casket Face Says:

I remember when I had my old school lifted up with the 5.0 engine and the four 12’s ….came through banging “If You Ain’t From My Hood”…when the beat changed come flying down the block BEATIN’ niggas had the “wtf face”.

Choices should’ve went platinum too…

56. A-1 Says:

Hood Trill Stunting Aka Trap Day Man
    0 mins ago
    ——-
    This

S.I.K.H
    0 mins ago
    IWW>>Illmatic

Nas came of age and the production was stepped up.
    ——–
    & that

57. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

When certain NaS joints about to start you can’t say it don’t get a crowd hyped

> yeah i’s about to say dude must’ve ain been to a nas concert in a while.

made you look be having bitches wylin throwing it back. i doubt get it in Ohio has that effect.

58. A-1 Says:

“IF U AINT FROM MY HOOD U CAN GET FROM ROUND HERE!”

Ahh da memories smh lol

Paul & J & Pat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

59. Gob Bluth Says:

IWW>>Illmatic

Nas came of age and the production was stepped up.

this

60. Casket Face Says:

For some reason when Scarface songs was playing it felt like I could smell that nigga through the speakers. Scarface look like his B.O. is serious.

I don’t know if I ever correlate that with my judgement of his music. Like the brim of his hats stink.

61. A-1 Says:

Three 6 as da smoke clears>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dat posse song>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

62. Jackson7 Says:

nas had a few albums better than illmatic

stillmatic

4…..
    5….
    6….
    2833837488294848329. Cam’ron

65. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

smh.

so this asshat hears a nigga music & thinks of how he smells.

no wonder ”pussy played out” to eem.

66. A-1 Says:

Killa shoulda been in my top10 off SDE ALONE! I ain’t een countn come home wit me & Purple Haze! Come on now smh

67. B Says:

You nigger porch monkeys sit at home receiving welfare and unemployment while your govt strips you of your privacy right before your eyes and you dudes are sitting online instead of trying to get a job so you can stop eating off of welfare your debating about two rappers who dont give a fuck about you.

68. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

Three 6 as da smoke clears>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ever notice how when certain obscure things start to become more mainstream they lose their flair?

3-6 will never ever recapture their ass & titties wave. ever.

69. A-1 Says:

Destiny Jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

70. TS-LTE Says:

Smfh.

Stupid nigger.

Stop smellin niggas.

71. b Says:

A-1 Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 10:32 am

> Always been that way, cant explain it. Even after listening to nas sophomore, and jayz debut at the age of 14 maybe 15, my thoughts were”this guy seems like he was really a drug dealer”,”he aint fucking wit nas tho”. Nas is the better artist/mc , In my opinion. Jay is the better rapper/hustler.

72. Casket Face Says:

I remember this chick down south had “Take Da Charge” as her voicemail, Wendy Raquel Robinson in wife beater and hoopin’ shorts with her abs showing…but her hair was always done ….mmm mmm mmmmm

…she was a set up chick though, I was suppose to be one of her vics guess she changed her mind. I still had out of town plates and was new to the set. She told me she was gonna set me up but I made her laugh cause I was goofy.

Keepin it real outside >>>>>>

73. A-1 Says:

Destiny Jones da best thang Nas(or Jay..?)created RealTalk smh I NEED DAT IN MY LIFE! (c) Juve da Great

74. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

2833837488294848329. Cam’ron

> lolxsmh

75. The Architek Says:

i truly do not understand the phenomenon that is Cam’ron stannery

76. Tong Po Flo Says:

^ lulz, that’s where the way a rapper/singer looks comes into play. I was like that with DOOM for minute; couldn’t take dude seriously until I finally copped Operation Doomsday….the rest was history my lads

77. b Says:

please use ya own name to to handle any gripes or beef u have with sn’s ,thanks.

78. Casket Face Says:

TS-LTE Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 11:08 am
    Smfh.

Stupid nigger.

Stop smellin niggas.

LOL …that nigga just look like he stank bro, that nigga that sing the chorus on Lil Troy “Baller” too.

I don’t why, some niggas just look like they stank….

Jada has said this too in interviews #FACT

79. B Says:

Stupid niggers thats why 90% of prisons are blacks because you dudes have your priorities fucked up. Get off of welfare stop worrying about rappers who dont give a fuck about you. LMAO only a fucking nigger will listen to a song where a guy is telling you he will kill you and fuck your “bitch” and like it. Do better for yourself.

80. A-1 Says:

Hood Trill Stunting Aka Trap Day Man
    2 mins ago
    Three 6 as da smoke clears>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3-6 will never ever recapture their ass & titties wave. ever.
    ——–
    Sadly this is true smmfh

81. The Architek Says:

who am i foolin, tho

prime minister pete nice >>>>

can’t explain why

nhjic

82. TS-LTE Says:

I ain’t ya bro bitch.

Don’t address me, and don’t be smellin niggas.

83. A-1 Says:

“ASS & TITTIES & BIG BOOTY BITCHES!”

Da memories……smmfh

84. A-1 Says:

B
    3 mins ago
    A-1 Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 10:32 am

——–
    I can respect dat..I mean I thank dey equally as important as influences but if I had 2 chose I’m a roll wit Jay..more relatable 2 my situation lol

85. Tong Po Flo Says:

“ASS & TITTIES & BIG BOOTY BITCHES!”

Da memories……smmfh

^ Lol co, 3-6 musica was the staple back in the day

86. Free J Says:

Nas vs Jay is personal opinion. Y’all worried about their antics and personal endeavors tainting the legacy when none of that shit matters. Stop looking for idols. I like their music, that’s all there is to it… If u out of high school, these dudes shouldn’t be the manual on how u live your life.

87. b Says:

Cam is that nigga tho

You had some lyricists that go way over ya head

The average music listener can fuck with cam shit

88. Free J Says:

Jay z had a better legacy then nas… Not really debatable. Comparing lyricism is subjective.

89. Casket Face Says:

Son that nigga look like he stank bro …FUCK what yall talkin’ about.

90. Free J Says:

Cam is that nigga tho

You had some lyricists that go way over ya head

The average music listener can fuck with cam shit

This. Cosign other nas albums being better than illmatic as well

91. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

“ASS & TITTIES & BIG BOOTY BITCHES!”

> i used to beat the block up in my pops spaceship back in the day pullin up round hoes playin this on purpose.

that baseline was a movie.

92. B Says:

Jay-Z doesnt care about you niggers. If you got to close to him he would call security and have you arrested. Worry about getting off of welfare and findig a high paying job that doesnt involve selling crack or playing fucking basketball.

93. Tong Po Flo Says:

Cam is that nigga tho

You had some lyricists that go way over ya head

The average music listener can fuck with cam shit

^ Cats need to start with his early work instead of his Dip days

94. Troyvul Says:

Cam washed?

Are w ejust here waiting for the comedic value of Cousin Bang?

95. Casket Face Says:

90’s videos hoochies >>>> 2000’s video hoes

They actually danced, body banging IN CLOTHES, poolside booties bouncing. New York hoes look like they we’re a cess pool for STD’s but you’d STILL go in cause they look like the sex is just…

These hoes today just don’t cut it, I wish I was older back then maybe by 10-12 years.

96. S.I.C.K Says:

Want the same fate like dj nate?
    Try scheming on the plate of SICK the great

97. Tong Po Flo Says:

^ hustlin’ rocks tho >>>>>

98. Casket Face Says:

B Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 11:20 am

LOL, troof doe

99. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

Are w ejust here waiting for the comedic value of Cousin Bang?

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5erbYAh-Do&feature=youtube_gdata_player

there’s potential there.

100. Troyvul Says:

there’s potential there.
    Most Def, shit is hilarious

101. A-1 Says:

Hood Trill Stunting Aka Trap Day Man
    8 mins ago
    “ASS & TITTIES & BIG BOOTY BITCHES!”

that baseline was a movie.
    ——-
    Lol word

102. cashmere cavalli aka snowbunny sampson Says:

Niggas ears are dumb

Scarface is the GOAT and mista don’t play went platinum

103. Tong Po Flo Says:

there’s potential there.

^ Word, Cam & Bang are very capable of making a Friday-type movie

104. Casket Face Says:

How to rich and your crib look like a trap nigga’s honey comb hideout?
    You know trap niggas can’t decorate no apartment or house.

Niggas have expensive couches, and tvs, no tables, no pictures on the wall, no rugs, no dishes …niggas be lightin’ candles when females come through though.

trap nigga logic <<<>>>>>