Video: The Round Up Ep. 1 (Busta Rhymes)

In the premiere episode of the The Round Up, host Shaheem Reid presents an in-depth interview with Busta Rhymes. Busta speaks on being a recording artist for the past 20 years, working with artists from Diddy to Q-Tip and how he’s seen the music industry evolve.

Part 2 below.

Previously: Busta Rhymes & The Conglomerate – Catastrophic (Mixtape)

70 Responses to “Video: The Round Up Ep. 1 (Busta Rhymes)”

1. TruthSerum Says:

Thanx for the promo….Now….I…..KNOW…..I…..HURT….YA..FUCK…..ASS……FEELINGS…..Thought you was rolling out of that skyscraper…..Nah, right…??? I.OWN.YOU.SLAVE…..Yung Sandpaper I’m gracious that YOU sat thru 4mins to find one line…..Becuz they don’t count the view if its under a min…..Thanks again, buddy…..Aye-Rab nigga MAAAAADDDDDDDD……Somebody better lock down O’Hare Airport…..SashCHEA is on the loose…..Hide ya airplanes and skyscrapers…..lol…..Yung Aggy-Rab….I want you Mike Tyson Punchouting ya keyboard, boy…..Slam them fingers down on them keys like the US Navy did ya head into that bucket of water, Sandpaper….

#TruthHurtsBitch!!!!

2. General Glamour Says:

nahright is becoming like a lord of the flies enactment

i stole that analogy from gunplaykirk who lurking right now

we don’t even talk no more

barely joke

always out for blood

gets tedious

what about da keeds ? (c) ebony emanuel

3. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

lmaooooo @ you never gettin bodied chea!

i done clapped at you a couple times & made you strap on that STFU bomb in recent weeks. why you think it’s gettin cloudy for you lately beyond justin?

cut it out, halfway kaffir. smh

4. Mack Martinez Says:

Yung Next Chris Dorner need to get his PTSD in check…shit’s scary. Dude bout to lose it. Yung Unstable.

5. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

strap on that STFU bomb

^maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn look lmao

6. TruthSerum Says:

C’mon….1 of ya 25 different s/n’s has to comment….Keep the 5yr tradition going skrong, boy….You KNOW you wanna….Just hit dat submit button…..Today’s the 85th day of 2013….Lets see if you can go the whole 365 like last year….lol….fucking LOSER….

#TruthHurtsBitch!!!!

7. Fyodor Drostoevsky Says:

parlay into a executive level position afterwards

know the ins and outs of all the laws your company would be exploiting for profit ?

sounds good right ?

what other interesting ways you know of to make $150-$200K tho ?

fuck being a salesman or doctor tho for me personally

Don’t get me wrong I think if that kinda intellectual/social/business challenge interests you go for it. I respect that. Same goes for being a doctor. But if it were just about the money… Nothing seems like an easier run than investment banking.

Same starting salary. Multiple career lanes. Higher long-term financial upside. You would have to deal with absurd people, but fuck it, that is any job really. I’d say the same goes for high-end management consulting, slightly lower starting salary but way more travel. But I guess you could do whatever with a JD.

8. General Glamour Says:

Don’t get me wrong I think if that kinda challenge interests you go for it. I respect that. But if it were just about the money… Nothing seems like an easier run than investment banking. Same starting salary. Multiple career lanes. Higher long-term financial upside. You would have to deal with absurd people, but fuck it, that is any job really. Or management consulting. But I guess you could do both with a JD.

there’s barriers to entry in investment banking tho

harder to get in, get a good position and cutthroat to keep it but yea that’s be my dream job but with the economy the way it was before kinda deaded that

yea that would be ill

spend your youth living it up, working 80 hour weeks, partying with prostitutes and cocaine

ill

9. King James Says:

P & Chad >>>> (n)

How do niggas hear these instrumentals in their head and make them shits?

Incredible.

The GoAts

It’s a shame punk ass dre does no work for years and is considered the best

10. Chief Ali Says:

case load looking funny in the light

11. General Glamour Says:

back to the plantation

yall be easy

12. Shao Khan Says:

Is this what you want yung dorner?!?

13. Harlem World: My hoe$ they do drug$ Says:

King James Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:11 pm

P & Chad >>>> (n)

How do niggas hear these instrumentals in their head and make them shits?

Incredible.

The GoAts

It’s a shame punk ass dre does no work for years and is considered the best

=====================
    cosign

but the 1,2 combo of the chronic & doggystyle >>>>>>____

14. King James Says:

Chief Ali a Chicago OG

Niggas like him and black you take serious

15. &What?! Says:

Nandos >

16. Fyodor Drostoevsky Says:

How do niggas hear these instrumentals in their head and make them shits?

I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be able to read sheet music, say a concerto, and hear that shit in your head, then be able to write down your own shit. Seems magical (II). I wonder if that is how Fantasia feels when she looks at a book.

17. Gob Bluth Says:

Busta >>>>

he’s a legend, just needs to stop dickriding [II]

18. Mack Martinez Says:

Chief Ali Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:11 pm
    case load looking funny in the light

Yung Bipolar.

Civil conversation one moment, then piggy-backing (literally piggy-backing like a faggot) on BoofSeamen the next.

Invited you to see me after Juma to catch the fade – supplied an address and everything – I was there, WHERE.WAS.CHIEF.COCK-ME?

Exactly.

Fuck ass pussy – fall back before I dig up your corpse and shoot it up again for fun.

19. King James Says:

Murder was the case>>>>>>>

Dre was killing beats in 92 and 93

20. King James Says:

Xxplosive>>>>>>>>

2001>>>>>>>

21. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

Get up bitch get up bitch Get up bitch get up bitch Get up bitch get up bitch

22. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

^classic

23. Chief Ali Says:

Exactly.

———

420 w van buren pussy. fuck juma, i be at the office while you dummies be on your knees bussin’ it open for muhammad. i done gave you numerous locales we could meet up to shoot the 5

you can type tough all you like, negus been seen the bitch in you, it bleeds through the monitor every time you cop a plea and back down on some peace shit

24. The Architek Says:

Woooooooooo!!!

*runs for cover*

25. b Says:

lol @ young yassers meltdown

26. King James Says:

Gets popcorn ready

27. Mack Martinez Says:

Will never … EVER … show up at a time and place of my enemy’s choosing.

I studied the art of war, pussy, I’m not gonna let you pay your cousin RayRay 50 bucks to fade me out with a lead pipe…I’m shooting at you, not all of your dusty cousins and uncles.

Bring your whole family to Juma and your whole family can either pray with me in peace or get your skulls stomped out, TAKE A PICK.

28. TruthSerum Says:

Create 25 mo’ s/n’s SashCHEA, you Geek Squad Gangsta…..That’s the sign of a COWARD….Hiding ya face……But hey, you’s a NOBODY ass nigga in Real-life so it’s only right that it transfers over to your online personality……Like this ya LIFE, you have to cycle thru 25 different s/n’s just to LIE……Grow the fuck up, chump….Ya schtick is played the fuck out…..Like really what’s the purpose of having more than 1 fucking s/n unless you got sum real disgusting ass shit to hide…..You fucking lil kids and throwing em over the bridge like B.I.G. said, SashCHEA…???? You’s a nasty ass muthafucka, bro…..Ya real life is a punchline, tho……I can laugh at that shit ALL DAY……Fucking lame….

#TruthHurtsBitch!!!!

29. Chief Ali Says:

negus agreed that Fela was that dude and he thinking we friends

i don’t befriend your type

i be on 42nd and indiana after i leave the office. thats my land over there, where i rest at. you so fucking tough gon’ head and pull it pussy. i’ll be back around the way at 6, fuck around and get waterboarded hymen face

30. b Says:

mask fall back lol,

Chea, just hangit up truthserum just eneded ya chapter dude

31. TruthSerum Says:

SashChea aint it time fo’ you to drop down and get ya eagle on for Allah……How you Muslim but pray like a Catholic, tho……Allah.Don’t.KNOW.YOU.Ahki.

#TruthHurtsBitch!!!!

32. Chief Ali Says:

lmao i’m 28 pussy i handle mines for dolo

like i said in the past, you can catch me at 31st and ashland at that charter fitness, we can set a time and shoot the 5 in the parking lot, that shit about 5 min from where you stay at in pilsen faggot

pull it

33. Mack Martinez Says:

b Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    mask fall back lol,

Chea, just hangit up truthserum just eneded ya chapter dude

This coming from a dude who once rapped about watching pr0n with my newborn. Fall back Yung Michael Jackson.

34. King James Says:

Damn the ball is in your court Chea

35. Mack Martinez Says:

Chief Ali Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:29 pm
    lmao i’m 28 pussy i handle mines for dolo

Fuck a fair one my family will have white stuff pouring out of your ears pussy, I don’t use fists.

36. Mack Martinez Says:

TruthSerum Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:29 pm
    SashChea aint it time fo’ you to drop down and get ya eagle on

Do you always ask men to do suggestive dances for you?

“Suck a straight cock…whoa
    that’s gay hip-hop for you niggas”

(4:08 mark)

RIP Justin Martin of California

37. KING SOLOMON Says:

Once it s friday this place turn into fallujah
    land mines and ied
    Niggas gotta watch how they tread

38. Mack Martinez Says:

Anyone else want it? Please bring it. Got enuf fade for everyone who wanna fuck with the yung bawse.

39. Cypher Says:

You know what we call that…

40. b Says:

> See what I mean, u just responding to everything thrown now, wheres the wit? you have met a superior etherist bro, you should just log off and go pray,in traffic.

41. Mack Martinez Says:

KING SOLOMON Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:32 pm
    Once it s friday this place turn into fallujah
    land mines and ied
    Niggas gotta watch how they tread

I tried to be civilized but niggas love the beef because niggas is corny, financially broke fucks riding 3 year old dusty ass Challengers, mentally challenged ass niggas, son. They wanna lick shots I’m licking shots right back.

42. TruthSerum Says:

Yung Sandpaper give that man his 5min…..Wha’ chu’ SCARED of getting punched in the mouf…..Den why you type alladat fuck shit den….??? 5min is all that man requesting….You don’t know how to box, huh……Welp, guess ya best bet is to run home w/ ya tail between ya legs like the frightened school girl WE all KNOW you are…..Fucking pussy…..

#TruthHurtsBitch!!!!

43. b Says:

chief u still on that crossfit?

44. Mack Martinez Says:

b Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Thanks for the advice Yung Impotent, Yung Robbed by Screennames, Yung Suicide, Yung Homotional, Yung Pedo … I’ll be sure to take the advice…

45. Chief Ali Says:

matter of fact hang around ya lil mosque on 47th and greenwood

the god drove to work today, it ain’t shit for me to take lakeshore drive and hop off on 47th to deliver that fade then grab some garcia y vegas from your peoples at the gas station next door

make sure you over there around 6 faggot. you named the place, i named the time.

46. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

[x]

47. TruthSerum Says:

ARGGGGGHHHH-Rab give dat man his 5…..That’s a fair and honorable request….Only a pussy ass coward nigga is afraid of catching dat fade……Weak jawbone, huh……Frail hands that can’t even ball up into a fist……You typing from a bunker…….All dat #300 dis #300 dat…..Nigga wanna shoot the 5….He shook…..PUSSY…

#TruthHurtsBitch!!!!

48. Chief Ali Says:

——–

@ b this is what i’m on right here, i’m on week (rotation) 4 of my second go ’round

combine this with 20 min of HIIT cardio a few times a week? maaaaaaan listen

49. b Says:

R. I P SLumbilical aka mack muhammad aka aunt jocelyn aka mack martinez, aka boofseamen aka yasser pair a gats. aka b

50. TruthSerum Says:

My Car BODIED YOU…..Why are YOU mentioning the automobile I OWN…..Why does it plague your mind so……Why are you preoccupied w/ visions of what I’m driving instead of your vehicle…..Oh yeah….cuz you push that 8 Bus to work, tho….No doubt….Now go and fight that man, you pussy ass faggot…..You can’t comment here anymore if you don’t honor that man’s request…..If he there solo, catch the fade….if he brought ppl’s w/ him run like a bitch….You already accustomed to that anyway, tho….Fucking Pussy….

#TruthHurtsBitch!!!!

51. Harlem World: My hoe$ they do drug$ Says:

lookin very fuckin cloudy out here

52. b Says:

Chief Ali Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:38 pm

——–

combine this with 20 min of HIIT cardio a few times a week? maaaaaaan listen

> Chief wtf man crossfit wasnt enough lol. I wanna try this,but you have to have a gym membership for that, I been on my bodyweight grind but damn sam. What exactly are your goals bro?

53. Dwayne Gretsky Says:

Catch that fade.

54. rex hussla Says:

*lurks and f5’s with speed and determination* [ll]

55. TruthSerum Says:

Now you jacking my slang…..Yung….Yearn….Nuffin’ sacred to ya people, huh….Where’d YOU go….Tumbleweed status….Fucking coward ass sand nigga, b…..How a man challenges you to a fade in the same town you live in…..But you back down like a bitch……That man owns ya masculinity, bro….Go ask Nation for sum help, he might join in….Yall can be tag team partners….lol…..

#TruthHurtsBitch!!!!

56. b Says:

why do I really hope chief beats the shit out this clown tho lmao

57. Dwayne Gretsky Says:

Catch
    That
    Fade

58. Mack Martinez Says:

TruthSerum Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:33 pm

#TruthHurtsBitch!!!!

1200 E 47th St, Chicago, IL

You love talking about torturing Muslims, here’s where you’ll find 500 in one place. You can torture all of us at once, pussy.

Not at 6 pm. I said after Juma. Today’s is passed. Next Friday, pussy.

59. rex hussla Says:

I’m on my third week of Crossfit, 4 times a week…feeling good [ll]. Not feeling the Olympic lifting cause it’s new and my technique is wack…but everything else is good money. I’ll be in the club shirtless like Situation by summer LMAOO

60. Chief Ali Says:

——–

Crossfit was cool but i had to switch it up, wanted to try something more traditional to improve my form and put on as much mass as quickly as possible

if you ever come up on a gym check that shit out, seriously. the deadlifts and squats alone going to help you pack on muscle like you started juicing

61. Mack Martinez Says:

b Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:43 pm
    why do I really hope chief beats the shit out this clown tho lmao

Because you’re a real cheerleading ass pussy who loves beef but ain’t got the testes to come catch a fade yourself.

62. TruthSerum Says:

Go ask Nation to teach YOU how to Fight, Dawg……Seems like you a moving target out there in the Chi…..Letting random ppl cold cock you in the mouf w/ no repercussions at all……Catch.That.Fade.

#TruthHurtsBitch!!!!

63. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

you have met a superior etherist

> stop tryna improvise on my terminology, blandon. smh. ya e-dad ain teach you shit. foh

64. Chief Ali Says:

Chea i know you in the west loop right now

you pick a spot by willis tower to catch that fade

ain’t no security like that in these parking lots over here. what’s good pussy, your face can beat up my hands in peace

65. TruthSerum Says:

Excuses…..Excuses….Ex….FUCKING…..cuses…..Bro go fight dat man or don’t comment here NO MO’…..simple….Cuz after today, shit just aint gon’ be the same for you and ya 25 s/n’s around these parts…..understood…..Quit throwing innocent ppl in the line of fire….Just like ya brother Mohammed Attah, nigga had to kill a buncha innocent women n children for ya fuck ass cause…..Nah, faggot…If I gotta prollem w/ YOU….I handle it w/ YOU nobody else….Unless they wanna be collateral damage……Sandnigga gonna get sumbody innocent hurt….Hope it’s his kids….to be honest…..

#TruthHurtsBitch!!!

66. Casket Face Says:

My brain hurts …I need a break from work.

67. b Says:

Kevin, this aint about u bro, can we clown someone else for a change?

kev always tryna be the focus of attention in here.

68. Dwayne Gretsky Says:

Chea i know you in the west loop right now

you pick a spot by willis tower to catch that fade

^^^^^^^
    Offers on the table Haji.
    See that man from the shoulders.

69. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

lolololo @ two chicago niggas that don’t know what either one looks like meeting up for the fair one tho.

niggas is gonna stand outside for two minutes & pass one another lookin like identical black eskimos.

70. b Says: