Video: SchoolBoy Q, Ab-Soul & Jay Rock on Black Hippy Album

“Us actually coming together in the studio all at one time, the chances of it are really slim”.

During a recent interview with HipHopWired Ab-Soul declared that there will probably never be a joint Black Hippy LP. In this clip, Page31 asks Ab, Q and Jay to explain why not. While Ab brushes off his initial comment as an impromptu reaction to constant questions about a joint project, Q reasons that collaborative albums of that nature are “corny” and never work out well.

Previously: Colin Munroe ft. Kendrick Lamar & Ab-Soul – Scars N Stars

8 Responses to “Video: SchoolBoy Q, Ab-Soul & Jay Rock on Black Hippy Album”

1. Dos Equis Says:

I am a jack of all trades. Excepting those trades I do not like. I am a web developer of simple, reliable solutions to problems.
    Comments out of order in WordPress 2.7?

01.09.09Posted by clifgriffin in Uncategorized4 CommentsTags: comments, wordpress, WordPress 2.7

I have opened up a discussion on wordpress.org about comments getting out of order in WordPress 2.7. So far, it seems to effect the zero level comments in threaded discussions. We have yet to trace it to a repeatable scenario, but the evidence is clear. For example:

Comment 1 – Day 1
    Comment 5 – Day 2 (reply to Comment 1)
    Comment 7 – Day 4 (reply to Comment 1)
    Comment 2 – Day 1
    Comment 9 – Day 5
    Comment 10 – Day 6
    Comment 3 – Day 2
    Comment 6 – Day 3 (reply to Comment 3)
    Comment 8 – Day 10 (reply to comment 6)
    Comment 4 – Day 2

This is a fictional example but demonstrates the problems we’re seeing. This may lead to a official bug trac. If you have noticed this issue, please join the discussion. We need more examples to figure out what is causing this.

Update:

Commenter Gh. Alex has figured out how to replicate this error on any post. From his comment on wordpress forums:

I have found a pattern for this problem.
    1. Doesnt’t matter how many comments you have;
    2. Doesnt’t matter what theme you have installed;
    3. Comments show up in order if you disable threaded comments;

By default, most of the themes with threaded comments support have that “Reply” button removed when a comment reaches 3/4/5 (depending of your options) levels of comments. That’s great but how about the edit_comments.php section from the admin area? The reply link is still there even if you reach your selected number of levels.
    So, if you reply to a comment that has reached the max numbers of comments, from the admin area, this comment will show up in the bottom of the page and messes everything up.
    I’ve made a test post to see what i mean, i can easily replicate the problem.

Very sorry for my bad english, i hope you guys can understand what i have just said:)

Needless to say, we’ll be opening up a bug report with WordPress.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
    Windows 7 Beta 1 Upgrade Complete
    Windows Media Center in Windows 7 Beta 1 in HD Action

Disqus

Dislike

Add New Comment

Image

Showing 3 comments

Boy70

Any recommendation on what to do and what not to do? ,
    2 years ago
    Gh. Alex

Hi there
    I found a pattern for this problem. Check the WP-support Forum post.
    3 years ago
    clifgriffin

Excellent work. I have opened up a trac ticket for this issue:

3 years ago
    in reply to Gh. Alex

M Subscribe by email
    S RSS

Trackbacks
    Trackback URL

Upgraded to WordPress 2.8 Beta 1 « Clifton Griffin

05/18/2009 08:47 AM

[…] about, it appears they are not going to fix the Ticket Trac issue I reported to them concerning out …

2. Dos Equis Says:

About a week ago, comments started getting out of order. I’m wondering if I mesed something up with the comment loop.(I converted this theme to 2.7) Any ideas?

Anyone have any ideas??

mrmist
    Forum Janitor
    Posted 3 years ago #

Easiest way to tell is to temporarily switch to the default theme and see if the comments still appear messed up. If they are ok, it’s a theme issue.

rishk789
    Posted 3 years ago #

I’m having the same issue on my blog:

Maybe this is a glitch in the comments loop? I never manually converted my previous comments template to 2.7… I just employed the comments_list template tag inherent to the RevolutionTwo theme.

Posted 3 years ago #

I switched to the default theme….the comments are still out of order.

Any other ideas?

ghalexweb
    Posted 3 years ago #

Same probleme here…it is not a theme related issue.
    BTW, everything works fine when I deactivated threaded comments in WP options.
    Help:)

Posted 3 years ago #

Is it possible this is a WP bug?

It’s difficult to troubleshoot when I’m relying solely on WP functions. WP functions that seem to work until a certain number of comments.

ghalexweb
    Posted 3 years ago #

Exacly…everything works fine with posts that have just a few comments.

Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)
    Half-Elf Support Rogue & Mod
    Posted 3 years ago #

clifgriffin … I don’t see any problems with your page. The comments that are ‘out of order’ seem to be reply to other comments which is how that’s supposed to work.

Comment 1 – Day 1
    Comment 5 – Day 2 (reply to Comment 1)
    Comment 7 – Day 4 (reply to Comment 1)
    Comment 2 – Day 1
    Comment 3 – Day 2
    Comment 6 – Day 3 (reply to Comment 3)
    Comment 8 – Day 10 (reply to comment 6)
    Comment 4 – Day 2

Those are ‘in’ order. If you turn off threaded comments, they zip back to the straight line order.

ghalexweb
    Posted 3 years ago #

Ipsteanu – please check this page When I post not as a reply, as a “new comment”, it appears in the middle of the page, not in the bottom like it should.

Posted 3 years ago #

Ipstenu, look again…towards the bottom it gets out of order. The nested comments are fine. It’s the 0 level comments that get messed up. See Bramus!’s comment. It is immediately after a Dec 23rd comment and immediately followed by a December 2nd comment.

It makes no sense.

Posted 3 years ago #

I should note that when I view this in the admin interface, the comments are in order.

So strange!

Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)
    Half-Elf Support Rogue & Mod
    Posted 3 years ago #

My post was eaten … I was trying to ask if this happens on every post or just after a certain number of comments. This is something I’d open a trac ticket about if it’s repeatable on multiple posts.

ghalexweb
    Posted 3 years ago #

In my case, it only happened with one post with more than 270-280 comments.

Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)
    Half-Elf Support Rogue & Mod
    Posted 3 years ago #

ghalexweb, do you have other posts with that number of comments?

Posted 3 years ago #

My post has 20 – 30 posts which is the most I have currently so I have nothing great to compare to.

Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)
    Half-Elf Support Rogue & Mod
    Posted 3 years ago #

clifgriffin – Same thing. EVERY post or just this one? What’s you’re next biggest commented post? I’d test on mine, but my biggest is 30, but it wasn’t done with threading so it doesn’t count, y’know? :(

Posted 3 years ago #

It’s only happened on this post as far as I can tell. Everything else is pre-threading.

Posted 3 years ago #

I lied: this post has 27 comments with threading enabled about half way down.

All of the posts are in order however.

ghalexweb
    Posted 3 years ago #

Ipstenu – no, it’s the only one with almost 300 comments.
    I kind of solved this problem.
    So, the comments listing looked like this in my case:

Comment 1 – Day 1
    Comment 5 – Day 2 (reply to Comment 1)
    Comment 7 – Day 4 (reply to Comment 1)
    Comment 2 – Day 1
    Comment 9 – Day 5
    Comment 10 – Day 6
    Comment 3 – Day 2
    Comment 6 – Day 3 (reply to Comment 3)
    Comment 8 – Day 10 (reply to comment 6)
    Comment 4 – Day 2

I deleted every comment under day 6 (comment 3, 6, 8 and 4) and now everything works like it should.

Posted 3 years ago #

Deleting comments isn’t a very good option though. :)

Posted 3 years ago #

Ipstenu, do you want to open up the bug report or would you prefer I do so?

I don’t see anyway these problems are being created by the user.

Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)
    Half-Elf Support Rogue & Mod
    Posted 3 years ago #

I think you should, since if they need debugging, I have no access to do so :) It’s really weird, you’d think this would show up on more blogs if it was prevalent.

ghalexweb
    Posted 3 years ago #

Another post with this issue occured on my site (178 comments this time) … Something is wrong, i disabled all my plugins but the problem persists. Only if I disable threaded comments, they show up in order.

ghalexweb
    Posted 3 years ago #

I have found a pattern for this problem.
    1. Doesnt’t matter how many comments you have;
    2. Doesnt’t matter what theme you have installed;
    3. Comments show up in order if you disable threaded comments;

I’ve made a test post to see what i mean, i can easily replicate the problem.

Posted 3 years ago #

Excellent! That makes perfect sense…I believe I adjusted the level of threading allowed after this particular post already had a fair number of comments.

Great work.

Posted 3 years ago #

I have opened up a trac ticket:

Please note any additional information there.

ttk_2k
    Posted 3 years ago #

I don’t know if there has been a solution to this issue,
    I’m having the same problem, I have only 2 levels, and I didn’t reply to any comment thru the admin area, but now i’ve noticed that some comments are out of order.. :(

ttk_2k
    Posted 3 years ago #

OK, strange enough, after looking into the database I found that the improperly ordered comment was posted to a 2nd level comment by a user who doesn’t even have any back-end privilege. How can he do that, since I’ve already set that only 2 levels of comments are allowed, and he should see no button to click and reply to the comment which is already on the 2nd level.

The user is using IE8.

c.bavota
    Posted 3 years ago #

I’ve encountered this issue on one of my posts and I think I discovered the cause.

The problem is that I have been responding to certain comments through the admin and some of these comments are already threaded under other comments. It was all my fault.

I had to go into the database and just remove the comment_parent value from my comments that were causing the problem and everything went back into place.

Hope that helps.

12Next »
    Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

3. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

> like what? terminal diseases and mounting doctor bills?

translation: i got tired of getting my ass whooped and started carrying bangers for protection

these are examples of conjectural either that fall flat due to desperation from the onset of factual ether.

i see y’all typing…but when the ill etherist gon get at me? alls i see is hotep mummies & tattered blouses.

4. The Shot Clock Says:

Lupe tweets a bunch of religious scripture at keef. keef tweets back “talk what u see and not what u hear”

5. Cypher Says:

so…?.

comments is outta order cause some of the commenters is masked up admins..?

6. hood trill stunting aka trap day man Says:

factual ether = that pic of your family. u cant win.

>suidicidalist, please.

you jus bitter i have a family.

ain my fault your parents ain love now you incapable to start ya own.

7. Cypher Says:

B, been had the record for nahright fails…

curse the day niggas convinced him not to kill himself.

PLUS ever since LMG the nigga finally found the father figure he been missing his whole life…

shits sad…

8. b Says:

you jus bitter i have a family.

> I would be bitter if you had a gorgeous wife and healthy kids, u have an ugly unloveable bitch and one of jerrys kids. and the survey says