Video: House Shoes ft. Jimetta Rose – Castles

House Shoes drops the second video off his Let It Go project, dedicated to the late J-1, “The Deer”. Life+Times debuted the video and also spoke to House Shoes about the album, his relationship with Dilla, Detroit and more.

Cop Let It Go on iTunes now.

Previously: House Shoes ft. Big Tone – Time (Video) | House Shoes ft. Quelle Chris & Guilty Simpson – Nails

72 Responses to “Video: House Shoes ft. Jimetta Rose – Castles”

1. Bx Blue Says:

JDeridda – you should send your daughter to the African Gang Bang school that 456 sent his wife to. If she gonna be a smut, she might as well be the best.

Still SMH at that whole story. Dude really sent his wife to get sexually trained in Africa. Her box probably came back looking like an african elephants asshole.

2. rex hussla Says:

Pass On Ribs?, I Don’t is pretty dope though

3. Smooth Says:

Marraige is stupid because u essentially try to posses some1
    as soon as you posses some1 you take them for granted
    you look at them like property
    u know they wont leave you, cause theyve invested so much, so u stop appreciating them
    hence married people are usually miserable together
    furthermore, how can u make a permanent promise, who knows what the future holds? people make such promises out of fear, fear of loneliness, fear of loosing their lover etc…making permanent decisions on temporary emotions
    the law should be this – if u have kids with some1, you are committed to them until the kids are 20 years old. but any decent human being will be there for the kids anyway. no need to make it a legal thing. but obvious for the dead beat dads, some sort of law should be there…
    asides from that, any form of legalizing any relationship…whether it be sexual or a friendship, is just ugly!

4. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

^was this true?!

Bx blue: ofbodying kza fame? Of meeting up in ny wit hoots fame?

Lol

5. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

Nas Says Jay Electronica Was Originally Supposed To Produce All Of “Untitled”

Don’t tell me this shit all after the fact, nigga!

6. Bx Blue Says:

Smooth – shorten up your verses my G. No one is reading that journal entry on a Friday. Go see a priest.

Its pure ignorance Friday.

FakeDeepThoughts.corn is thataway

7. Bx Blue Says:

@ Frankie – yes that 456 story was true. He tried defending that decision all day, but once the wolves had him it was a wrap.

hahahahahhaha yea meetin up with hoots for a drug transaction. Dude whilin.

8. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

^was this true?!

Yeah. He was talking about them teaching her how to caress dick by gripping chicken necks or something. Shit was weird.

9. rex hussla Says:

FakeDeepThoughts.corn is thataway

LMAOOO

10. Smooth Says:

all ambition is based of insecurity
    think about it.
    ur ambitious, because ur trying to prove urself to somebody
    hence good looking people tend to do worse in education than ugly people. because good looking people are already accepted, they dont feel the need to work as hard…if u go to any college, the finest girls are in the dumbest courses
    your ambition stems from your inferiority complex
    hence kids dont have any ambition…until their parents tell them that they arent good enough, or society/tv programes them to feel inferior.
    the more ambitious you are, the bigger ur inferiority complex!

11. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

DJ Clark Kent on The Combat Jack Show

“… And then that’s when I knew Jay & Big didn’t write their rhymes.”

12. Fyodor Drostoevsky Says:

Nas Says Jay Electronica Was Originally Supposed To Produce All Of “Untitled”

The dude Jay Elect is like the physical manifestation of disappointment.

13. Captain Planet Says:

Jay Elec produces ?

14. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

^was this true?!

he was saying things about older women teaching young brides how to jerk men off using live chicken heads

b-ease said some joke about 456’s wife getting dick dapped by a slave ship full of mandingos and it was game over

15. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

Jay Elec produces ?

I’m not sure if you’re being clever or actually serious.

16. Harlem World Says:

nosign jay the zionist, freemasonic lover electronica

17. French Kevin Says:

Cheating on your wife isn’t what ruins your marriage. Your inability to forgive one another is. Your insecurities as a man, or as a woman is what prevents you from understand that being horny and wanting to have sexual relations with someone different is human nature for both the woman and man.

Forgive one another, and move on from it together. Don’t break the family up over an orgasm.

18. Fyodor Drostoevsky Says:

the more ambitious you are, the bigger ur inferiority complex

No shots but that is (1) ass backward logic (2) ignores any notion of personal agency/existential freedom/independent thought and (3) comes off more as a confession of your own phenomenology.

19. Bx Blue Says:

Jay Elec produced “Queens Get the Money” off Untitled. It was actually the best song on the album….but I mean, it wasnt really “produced” Just a single piano and a movie sample.

20. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

Smooth

Go melt somewhere else

Ain’t no one readin dat shit bro

21. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

Y’all are trying to force #gems.

22. Harlem World Says:

no love fudda udder side….

if i cant be BAWSE…then i dont wanna be…..

23. Captain Planet Says:

I’m not sure if you’re being clever or actually serious.

LOL

No, I had no idea at all

I thought Just Blaze did most of his shit

24. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

“I wanted to get him to do the entire Untitled album, the N-word album. He had ideas. He was pulling records from J Dilla… He was pulling records, and he was there with me while I was working on it, and he did the first record on there and it would have been so ahead of its time, because no one at that time [knew him], he wasn’t signed, he wasn’t out there like that,” he said. “It would have been great right now to go back and say this dude produced my whole album years ago. It would have been cool. He’s ahead of his time like that. Now, yeah, but everyone knows who he is now and some of the mystique would be gone if he did that but who knows how it would come out? It would probably be crazy still.”

25. Bx Blue Says:

French Kevin – Lighten up you douchebag. Jesus, why is everything so serious and philosophical.

This is a rap website.

JDeridda – when your slut seed is 18 – up them pics, fam

26. S.I.C.K Says:

@French

What do you make beats with?

27. Fyodor Drostoevsky Says:

Just a single piano and a movie sample.

Gotta give him credit, my dude ran with that idea though. If dude had any legit ambition he could be over at Stones Throw making millions off kizzas buying him rapping over old ass movie scores.

28. Captain Planet Says:

It’s Friday

Ether Somebody

Anybody

29. Indiana Ron Says:

keep going smooth

all u pussy boys fall back

30. Bx Blue Says:

JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Y’all are trying to force #gems.

^This is the one. Fall back

31. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

JDeridda – when your slut seed is 18 – up them pics, fam

^this nigga is relentless

32. French Kevin Says:

S.I.C.K Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 1:45 pm
    @French

What do you make beats with?

Don’t type at me. Carry on.

33. Captain Planet Says:

I dunno about him producing

But if Nas x Jay Electronica did a joint LP, Hip-Hop would cream itself

34. Harlem World Says:

sex and the city fucked the game up

35. Captain Planet Says:

Nas x Jay Electronica – Watch the Heavens

( To be released year 3013 )

36. Captain Planet Says:

French and Smooth need to ether each other

37. French Kevin Says:

S.I.C.K Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 1:45 pm
    @French

What do you make beats with?

Don’t type at me. Carry on.

lol just kidding man, I use Acid Pro 7 to cut samples, and FLStudio 7 to put them together.

38. Captain Planet Says:

The Queens, New York native also said that he always wanted to spit over a J Dilla beat but he didn’t know who he was until it was too late. “You know what’s crazy? I didn’t know who Dilla was until he was passing away. To me, I was like, where was I all this time that I didn’t know who he was? Then I heard he went under another name, Jay Dee, or even another name. Wasn’t he producing for A Tribe Called Quest? The Ummah. I knew that name but I didn’t know who that was. So when I put it together, I never knew.”

lol

39. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

It would have been worth it to at least hear Nas x Dilla.

40. Bx Blue Says:

You guys are really trying to figure out the eternal mysteries of life on a website where we get 4 posts a day of Mysonne pointing fake guns at a camera, freestyling over 3 year old Dipset beats.

K, carry on

41. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

Captain Planet
    1 min ago
    French and Smooth need to ether each other

^nah they need to FaceTime each othet

42. Captain Planet Says:

Bx Blue Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 1:49 pm

K, carry on

Yo ! Yo ! Yooooo !!

43. Captain Planet Says:

Smooth and French need to produce b’s album together

44. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

Stttttttaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

45. Bx Blue Says:

But don’t let my negativity ruin anything.

As far as fake albums:

Nas/Premo >>> Act II >>>Detox >>> Helter Skelter (you young’ns prolly have no idea about this. Hint: its not sean p and rock)

46. French Kevin Says:

lol, keep the hate coming bitches, sticks and stones.

47. Fyodor Drostoevsky Says:

On another note, I have high expectations for that No Idols joint. That Bronson x Sweatshirt joint was nice.

48. Harlem World Says:

Kush Cuties: Trap Life (Snapbacks & Jays) (*Warning* Must Be 18yrs Or Older To View)

==================
    nice work

cosign strippers

49. Captain Planet Says:

That Mysonne – Money beat is hard

But he’s rapping too slow x calm

He could have murdered that

50. Bx Blue Says:

Underrated album of the day: Nature – For All Seasons. That shit GOEEEESSS..not one skippable song. Thank me later.

51. Smooth Says:

no. ambition is can only function in some1 with an inferiority complex
    think about. if ur happy and totally secure, why would u be driven to be the best? why would u be driven to crush ur peers? its been psychologically proven. why waste effort trying to accumulate social status?
    inferiority complex is drilled into you from a young age. by tv, parents, teachers…this makes u believe that u cant be happy as you. that ur ‘not good enough’ and inadequate. this fuels all amibition

romance is a cultural phenomina that was invented by the french about 300 years ago. we are programmed from a young age to seek meaning and happiness/fullfillment in romantic relationships. we are programmed by disney films primarily. cinderela/jasmine is leading a life of misery, until she meets her prince charming who changes her life and lives happily ever after. this us to spend our whole lives chasing happynes in relationships…thinking that there is some ‘amazing’ human out there that is just waiting to meet you and change ur life for you…notice how in all the stories, the man that saves the female is a ‘stranger’ that appears out of nowhere. and the female usually comes from a broken home. these are all emotional triggers that are used to infiltrate our subconscious.
    society wants us to be trapped in this thinking, so we cant find happiness and fullfillment outside of a relationship. it fuels the consumerist culture.

52. Captain Planet Says:

Andre 3000’s next album somewhere there too

53. Bx Blue Says:

Yea No Idols might be quite nice..but im really looking forward to Rare Chandeliers. Might could be a instant classic.

54. Captain Planet Says:

Yo Cold

where you at ?

Did Nas really say Andre 3000 was the greatest rapper ???

I can’t really see the Queens Oracle fixing his mouth to say that

55. Bx Blue Says:

Is anyone reading Smooth’s senior thesis? What a weirdo

Harry Fraud beats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

56. Fyodor Drostoevsky Says:

Lotta fail coming out of the big apple right now. And i’m not talking about the Knicks or that outhouse of an arena the Nets are about to play in.

57. Captain Planet Says:

Jet lalalalaaaa

58. Captain Planet Says:

Smooth might fuck around and drop the meaning of life on nah today

59. Fyodor Drostoevsky Says:

Got my AA in film studies rap

60. Smooth Says:

the feelings u feel in a romantic relationship are not ‘love’ but purely sexually fueled. think about it. you dont ‘fall in love’ with some1 you arent sexually motivated to.
    the feelings are intensifyed by programming from a young age. all the movies and tv shows tell you how to act when u find a mate. they program you to ‘fall in love’ and be infatuated. they program you as to what ideal characterstics your mate is going to have…then when u meet some1, you project these characteristics onto them, not seeing them for who they are until after the ‘fall in love’ feelings exist. look it up, its called – limerance

this behaviour is NOT normal for humans. read about ancient cultures. people who fell in ‘passionate love’ were ridiculed…because it was widely known that such feeling for a person are purely down to sexual motive.
    u can “fall in love” with an animal, a child….people who are sexually into animals fall in love with, pedophiles fall in love with kids

61. Fyodor Drostoevsky Says:

Harry Fraud beats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Co-sig. I find myself listening to this Rugby Thompson, and wonder why ASAP Twelvy doesn’t sound like a group home kid. Fraud is the reason.

62. Captain Planet Says:

Smooth is Mindfucking French Kevin right now

63. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

*skips every smooth conment*

Ur Trollin bro

64. Harlem World Says:

let smooth cook!

some truth in his comments

65. Fyodor Drostoevsky Says:

Mass killing in a Scandinavian country rap

66. Captain Planet Says:

84 riding … I did that for ma lifers .. yeaaaa

67. Smooth Says:

“falling in love” and “love” are 2 completely diff things. u need to know this. they dont teach u it at school.
    falling in love is purely sexual. the more barriers to sex, the more stronger ur feelings of ‘love’ are…but its really infatuation not love. thats why in all the movies there are BARRIERS to the 2 people having sex. its programming. ever notice how in all the stories, theres always something stopping the 2 people from having sex? like cinderalls wicked mother, or a cultural thing, parents (romeo and julient), religion etc..
    the more barriers to sex, the stronger the infatuation with the person…

68. Bx Blue Says:

Lotta fail out of NYC right now, but we also some of the best product right now. Check it:

Action Bronson
    Joey Bada$$
    A$AP Rocky
    Mr Muthafuckin Exquire
    El-P
    Nas
    Kid Daytona
    AG da Coroner (don’t sleep)
    Roc Marcy
    Ka

69. Bx Blue Says:

lf: Anyone listen to that Flatbush Zombies tape? Is it worth a download?

I hated that Thug Waffles, but I liked Face Off

70. tHe kID fRanKiE Says:

Action Bronson
    Joey Bada$$
    A$AP Rocky
    Mr Muthafuckin Exquire
    El-P
    Nas
    Kid Daytona
    AG da Coroner (don’t sleep)
    Roc Marcy
    Ka

^sans Nas rocky is the only one w star potential on that list imo

71. Indiana Ron Says:

Harlem World Says:
    July 27th, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    let smooth cook!

some truth in his comments

^ Word, you can tell he making folks look in that mirror lol

72. French Kevin Says:

Smooth let me tell you about how I fell in love with my wife.

When I first saw her, she was a 20 year old gorgeous woman from Santa Cruz, Bolivia and I really wanted to slap her face with my dick and smash her little pussy in.

When she became pregnant while we were dating, I did the right thing and married her, and helped her raise our child.

After years of being with her, our lust faded and I wanted to fuck other girls which is a natural thing as you said. However, watching her raise my child and being a wonderful mother, I grew respect for her.

Eventually, that respect grew into love. I now love her, I respect her, I respect her space, and who she is as a person, and I have no objections to anything she wants to do with her life, or if she wants to have a personal affair. Why? Because I love her and I want her to be happy. (retrospectively, my respect for her space makes her want to stay with me and be with me that much more)

Conclusion: I fell in love with my wife, and it was a natural process.

Are you married smooth? Do you have children?