FUSE just liberated some rare footage of Biggie performing “Get Money” with Jay-Z as hypeman at a birthday party for Ralph McDaniels back in 1996.

McDaniels told FUSE:

“Every year, I had a birthday party,” said McDaniels. “I wanted to get B.I.G. to host [it], but really I wanted him to perform. Jay-Z came with the whole Roc-A-Fella crew and they got on stage. I told the DJ, ‘If Biggie gets on stage, play a Biggie song and we’ll get him to perform.’ DJ Ace threw on ‘Get Money’ and the whole crowd went crazy. B.I.G. looks at me like, ‘I guess I’m supposed to perform now, right?’ Jay-Z plays hypeman to B.I.G. on ‘Get Money.’ That just rang through the hood forever.”

Spotted: Prefix via Broken Cool

Previously: The Notorious B.I.G. – Behind The Music (Sneak Peek)

31 Responses to “Video: Biggie & Jay-Z – Get Money (Live @ Ralph McDaniels’ Birthday Party, 1996)”

1. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

Getting paid to be creative >>>>>>>>>

Not enough arrows.

My cousin has owned his own little clothing thing for years. He won’t take the leap and let it grow, though.

I don’t know why, because he has the talent and does pretty well for it being a side project.

2. Ayo Says:

Too many chiefs, Not enough Queef

3. Chief Ali Says:

i applaud all the enterprising spirits on here. working for self doing something you enjoy is not work at all, and you getting paid on top of that?

i need to start working on a plan b myself, corporate america is not for me at all

4. rex hussla Says:

facebook.com/remainanonymous

Chief…scroll down a little for the lookbook, and the store links through here too.

Main site is kinda under construction, looking to get that squared away this weekend.

5. Ayo Says:

If Plan B aint in Plan A

You LOST

Dance puppet Dance

6. Chief Ali Says:

rex hussla Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 2:12 pm

—-

bet

7. Chief Ali Says:

You LOST

—–

27 years old
    no kids
    in the best shape of my life
    travels regularly
    bills are paid
    stomach is full
    eLBowS of the finest loud on deck
    accounts comfortably in the black

Yep I’m losing for real.

8. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

Lol @ stomach is full

I’m.eatin!

9. Casket Face Says:

happiness is subjective, not objective…to each is own.

there’s a hoodrat out there with who’s 19 with 2 kids, 2 different fathers with a full clip in the fridge, juicy juice on deck by the case loads, free wifi from the neighbors and a netbook with no job.

…in her mind she’s winning, who know’s she just might be and we’re losing

10. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

…in her mind she’s winning, who know’s she just might be and we’re losing

^interesting…

11. Big_seth Says:

I got a mega corporate gig right now. My first actually.

It’s still doing what I enjoy tho. Plus I’m learning about mobile apps which will pay off in the future.

I still wanna have my own shit going tho. Which is why I freelance. We been talmbout this Tshirt shit since college. Damn near 6 years.

Time to make it happen now that I’m not broke.

12. Ayo Says:

Dance puppet dance

13. Das racist Says:

Lol @ stomach is full

^^^^^^

Co-lol.

Nosign arguing w/ masks tho.

14. Casket Face Says:

i don’t brush my hair to look more african, i notice that i make more money selling these socks and kanye west shutter shade glasses

15. Ayo Says:

@dasracist

You aint got the heart for war

juuuuuu hearrrrdddddd

16. Chief Ali Says:

Nosign arguing w/ masks tho.

—-

word, but there ain’t a mask big enough to hide the bitch in him/her

Black Brokejaw know what it is, he got tired of getting aired out under that alias so he decided to switch it up

its the nah way

17. Casket Face Says:

follow the white rabbit. . .

18. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:
    May 14th, 2012 at 10:34 am
    I just got my gig in Queens @ the beginning of the year. Fresh out of school, making my little 45K, proud of myself and whatever… niggas took all the wind out of my sails.

Big_seth Says:
    May 14th, 2012 at 10:51 am
    I was making 40k for years… Don’t take nah so serious tho.

Big_seth Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 2:28 pm
    Time to make it happen now that I’m not broke.

*incinerated*

19. Ayo Says:

Imma go worship the sun for a lil bit..Imma be back

*queefs are heard as he walks out*

20. Chief Ali Says:

JDS Of The Cobra Kai Dojo
    0 mins ago
    JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:
    May 14th, 2012 at 10:34 am

Big_seth Says:
    May 14th, 2012 at 10:51 am
    I was making 40k for years… Don’t take nah so serious tho.

Big_seth Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 2:28 pm
    Time to make it happen now that I’m not broke.

*incinerated*

This nigga.

40k in tx is FAR from broke.

I was talking about before I even made that much. Lol. I was doing ah ight on 40k.

Fishing for shots. Lol.

*daps*

24. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

Chief Ali Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 2:37 pm
    JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 2:36 pm

—-

ROFFLE

Seff be unknowingly yet politely shitting on negus

LOL…

I ain’t even mad. It’s cool to see the homie do well.

I’m about to catch up a little bit though.

25. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

This nigga.

40k in tx is FAR from broke.

Fishing for shots. Lol.

*daps*

Roff

Jokes, kid.

26. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

^your.soul.burned

Lol I did unwittingly melt that morning.

27. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

cOLD, did you check out any more of that Rammstein?

I don’t really like everything they do, but some of their shit is cool if you’re into that sound.

28. Chief Ali Says:

your.soul.burned

—-

lol @ the imagery

nas is the GOAT off the strength of Ether alone

29. Casket Face Says:

if you making 45K with no kids you winning, and doing better than 40% of the country seeing that 57.3K is the average salary as of 2012.

JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

May 18th, 2012 at 2:46 pm
    cOLD, did you check out any more of that Rammstein?

^ nah, but that one joint was eerie. small doses.

yo kevstacks, that youtube link was bajan niggas, hardly yardy b.

31. MiddleClassJoe Says:

Aye lmao at captain planet showing his face over here.

Lying ass teenager. Re-virgin.