ASAP Rocky – I Really Mean It + Yonkers Freestyle

During his visit to the UK, ASAP Rocky stopped by DJ MK and Shortee Blitz’s radio show on KISSFM and went off the top over the ‘I Really Mean It’ and ‘Yonkers’ beats.

Download: Link

Previously: ASAP Rocky Interview w/ PunchBowl (Video)

36 Responses to “ASAP Rocky – I Really Mean It + Yonkers Freestyle”

1. Bricktop Says:

How great is nas when his juniors was niggas like nature. Ill.
    Very.
    Might as well add Cormega and AZ to that list.
    Damn.

2. b Says:

b Says:
    March 28th, 2012 at 11:24 am
    eminem and Nas are in that same bracket. Nas tho…. There’s no real pattern to his scheme. That’s why know one can fully jack the flow. There maybe some similarities but end of the day his flow encrypted

^ This made me think. Around the time the “I am” album was released I had already heard most of the album due to bootlegging, while I did like the music, I felt that nas had slightly regressed lyrically. It took yearsfor me to realize he was just evolving. Ali vegas sounded like he was heavily influenced by nas’s first two albums, but the nas that rhymed on I am would be very difficult to immulate. How great is nas when his juniors was niggas like nature. Ill.

Black Says:
    March 28th, 2012 at 11:30 am
    . Ali vegas

^^^^^^^^^^

I hated that nigga. Its cool if ya voice sounds similiar to someone, you cant control that. To try and blatantly rob a nigga for his flow is some Dick riding shit that should never be approved

^ You are right. I was so impressed that he sounded like nas I turned a blind eye to that.narcotics>>>>>

THE BOY WENT IN.

I’m the reason manny told tammy and her whole family
    to stay away from any boy who goes by the name of nose candy

wooooo, I really love this shit.

cOLD Says:
    March 28th, 2012 at 11:32 am
    But yo. Nature is an ill MC. top tier lyriscm foreal foreal

cOLD Says:
    March 28th, 2012 at 11:36 am
    Natures flow (no rag puss) was braggadocio heavy but he still managed to have some depth to it. His flow too was unpredictable as he took pauses and turned left when you didn’t expect

WTK master of that crossover flow. He stay breaking ankles all up in his flow

A+ >>> Ali Vegas

4. Danny Ocean Says:

there’s always a way to tastefully borrow and incorporate someone elses style into your own

but yea, the shit Elzhi put together with his Elmatic project ain’t it

5. b Says:

Nah bricktop, I cant disrespect Anthony Cruz like that.

At times I believed az was iller than nas, I think it was right after I heard sugar hill. What it was though, az put more emphasis into the multisyllabic style of rap I grew to love,nothing more. Az and nas are on the same level to me even if it aint true. I remember catching az on underground radio show not to long ago, and every caller that called up mentined nas name smh. The man will always be looked at the nigga from lifes abitch,smh. They shouldnt have dropped the ball with that second album, there are still hey az stickers in nyc if you look hard enough.

Someone wake me when that elec single drop. Let’s hope it wont be influenced by watch the drone

7. Danny Ocean Says:

takes a trained ear to appreciate that stream-of-conciousness conversational flow utilized by the likes of WTK and perfected by the likes of Esco

8. Black Says:

@clr

Yeah I recognized the talent necessary to actually pull off a credible Nas impersonation, I just hated the idea of it. Kinda like when Game took Nas flow for that jawn with Chris Brown.

C’mon Game, you went in a lil(none) but there really is no reason for you to feature if you’re gonna just impersonate whoever’s song it is.

9. b Says:

Kinda like when Game took Nas flow for that jawn with Chris Brown.

^ This. >>>>>>>>game.

^ that was intentional. No? I respeck it

11. Danny Ocean Says:

forget this blog shit, i need a new hustle

^ This. >>>>>>>>game.

^ wait wait wait. Are we speaking soley as an mc? Cause if that’s the case … That boy rhyme

13. Black Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

See I think he can too, which is why the fact that he went that route made me *blank stare*.

Danny Ocean Says:
    March 28th, 2012 at 11:44 am
    forget this blog shit, i need a new hustle

^ a little bit of everything a new improved eskay

15. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

Game almost always pays respects to Nas when he takes his flow tho

for someone that grew up in the westcoast during the Death Row era that’s huge, a lot of people out west never appreciated a lot of east coast rap

16. S.I.C.K Says:

*daps all*

It`s my bornday.Show some love if you wish.I`m humbled and feeling blessed.My old earth did`nt make it to 40.I was born premature in 7 months,I`ve been through foster care,miscarriages,divorce,betrayal,beef,loss,etc..The God is still going!!Better than ever!!

17. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

congrats Sick

The prelude >>>

I think Hov reached some spiritual nirvana On that shit. Smh

19. b Says:

Happy Born Day SICKVET

20. Black Says:

“You can’t front on him. Drake’s gonna be around for a long time. His talent is going to outrun whatever you say about him,” Sigel said in an interview.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Beans was probably so far gone off Zanys, syrup, and percs he don’t even remember when he said he wanted to slap that nigga smh.

21. b Says:

cOLD Says:
    March 28th, 2012 at 11:46 am
    ^ This. >>>>>>>>game.

^ He’s not bad, but in my opinion if you gon rhyme like niggas , your skillset should be equal to there’s or better. Game sounds like a bunch of east coast niggas that he’s not better than.

^ word
    “illmatic on the top shelf the chronic on the left homie wanna cop both but only got a twenty on me”

23. b-ease Says:

but yea, the shit Elzhi put together with his Elmatic project ain’t it

Sho aint.

Happy Born Day SICK. *daps all in vicinity*

24. ChainHeavy Says:

Dog ASAP can barely freestyle,but its more refreshing than hearing everybody else just spitting writtens

25. Troyvul Says:

I’m glad Elzhi caked up after Elmatic. Dope.

Happy Bornday SICK *Cops Tebow Jersey*

26. S.I.C.K Says:

Never really liked Game.The tough guy shit was a turn off.He had a few tracks that were praiseworthy.He CAN rap,I`m just not listening.Tough guys don`t advertise their toughness.Case and point Chuck Zito(hell`s angles)never drank or did drugs BUT he whipped Jean Claude Van Dam`s ass and put him in the hospital.

ChainHeavy Says:
    March 28th, 2012 at 11:57 am

^ nosign. If I want to hear a bunch of babble I’d just tap my 5 yr old. Lol by the way I typically don’t play the radio When he’s in the whip but saw him getting it in through the rear view to some tunes. I’m like yea it’s in him.

28. Danny Ocean Says:

if you watch shows like Boardwalk Empire or Mad Men, you could argue that 40 is the turning point

that life begins after that age, the age when it all clicks, sotospeak

29. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

^ word
    yup, there was plenty of times where I’ve gotten the Cam true mag face from everyone else in the car cause a Cormega or Jadakiss song played on the cd player

Tough guys don`t advertise their toughness.

^ true story.

31. b Says:

House Party>>>>>>>

When I was a kid I didnt realize how good this movie was.

” I paid 15,000 dollars for this house”

32. Deen Says:

I respect it.

33. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

that life begins after that age, the age when it all clicks, sotospeak
    cosign

the right combination of experience & money..I think most men reach their peak financial earning in their later 30’s through 40’s

you have to build to that in your earlier years tho

34. S.I.C.K Says:

Both Moses and Muhammad became prophets at 40.

35. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

This just in…

My sources tell me Cam’ron & Vado have split.

Cam allegedly took the majority of Vado’s Interscope advance while Vado has gotten a big head & started missing shows, studio sessions, etc.

Word is Cam is busy finishing up his latest project while Vado has been seen rolling with Jae Millz as of late.

This is all through a 2nd hand source but I’ve even heard members of Cam & Vado’s camps have nearly come to blows on at least one occasion.

Just remember where you heard it first.

36. Bricktop Says:

Nah bricktop, I cant disrespect Anthony Cruz like that.
    W
    At times I believed az was iller than nas……
    Heavy Co all of that. Yeah, it actually kind of hurt me to type what I typed prior. For the life of me I will never comprehend why AZ never garnered more fame in the game.