The Roots ft. Phonte & Dice Raw – One Time

The Roots’ new album undun hits stores Dec 6th.

Pre-order here.

Previously: The Roots – Sleep (Video)

54 Responses to “The Roots ft. Phonte & Dice Raw – One Time”

1. JihaD Says:

Charles Oakley Says:
    November 28th, 2011 at 11:01 pm
    That nigga STAY with the “slow down, those big words are confusing me” face.

JihaD
    he also stay with stretching out words and using sounds instead of words: “er aah” “anda um” uhhm uh”

Yoooooooooooo, sun, on everything I see lil niggas like this at my school. They be STRETCHING words like Mr. Fantastic, b, mad as fuck the syllables don’t connect to save em, lol.

JihaD

2. baby jesus Says:

na sheed

chris johnson (hb) gotta be somewhere on that list

GOTTA BE

you can hardly make out what hes saying, and his constant twitching dont make it any easier

3. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Roots leaked

4. baby jesus Says:

vince young is a fucking idiot

but he dont sound nearly as dumb as some of those other niggas on that list

give the man SOME credit. (n)

5. Charles Oakley Says:

son got a 75 out of 2400 on his SATs..
    Land, you know those tests are racist…..

—–
    he prolly spelled his name wrong
    shit, nevermind….

6. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

In the early 1980s, the Oakland A’s accounting department was freaking out. The books were off $1 million. After an investigation, it was determined Rickey was the reason why. The GM asked him about a $1 million bonus he had received and Rickey said instead of cashing it, he framed it and hung it on a wall at his house.

7. Casket Face Says:

watching this encore cause i missed the first half hour ….but yandy is a beautiful chocolate woman.

and again fabalous is fucking WINNING with emily, but according to the show he fucked juelz baby moms though too?

8. JihaD Says:

E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:
    November 28th, 2011 at 11:11 pm

#MoneyTeam

#TeamIndoorPoolOutdoorPool

JihaD

9. Jackson7 Says:

E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

November 28th, 2011 at 11:11 pm

——————–

word… thats a classic Rickey being Rickey story…

when he played for the Yankees, him & Lou Piniella (yankee manager at the time) STAYED in silly beefs

10. Jackson7 Says:

….but yandy is a beautiful chocolate woman.

—————-

BEEN told niggas

11. Danny Ocean Says:

If he put the same effort into his studies as he did to the court he probably would be a nuclear physicist or something akin to that level of difficulty.

I’d probably take less intelligence and speaking ability for D. Rose’s elite otherworldly athletic gifts and basketball talents

but if you aren’t smart enough to manage the fortune that come with those talents, what good is it I guess

12. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Speaking of…..

I got a $1500 check on my wall from my first vending payment. It’s a bitch of a souvenir because you have to keep updating the check.

13. baby jesus Says:

lol/smh @ lance moore doing “the bernie”

14. Charles Oakley Says:

there’s some blog that posted all of the classic rickey quotes and stories…..

I died all day reading those.

Still he was one of the GOATs, the greatest lead off hitter, power and speed and plate discipline all in one player

steroids >>>>>

15. Danny Ocean Says:

I’m thinking that it’s better to have never had it, then to have had it and lost it.

16. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

My favorite pic of Lauryn:

blogspot.com/-b-EAVa1sw48/Tc5hsJmvQrI/AAAAAAAAAZo/EGjotZAKtBM/s1600/lauryn-hill-freeform-dreadlocks.gif

So perfect. My woman is choco with the same length of hair.

I’m thinking of cutting mines because I hate that my hair is longer than hers.

17. Jackson7 Says:

nosign Lauryn Hill

her looks or singing/rapping

NEVER understood the fascination with her..

18. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

there’s some blog that posted all of the classic rickey quotes and stories…..

jonrascon.blogspot.com/2008/05/25-rickey-henderson-stories.html

19. Jackson7 Says:

Grant Hill’s mother > Lauryn Hill

20. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Danny Ocean Says:
    November 28th, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Been here in my life. First hand account: Better to have had and remember than to not have had in the first place. It’s like muscle fiber. You can remember to get it again. To never have had, you still don’t know how to get it.

and still possess things in remembrance of your income or persona that made you who you were.

TRUST.

One Day It’ll All Make Sense.

21. Jackson7 Says:

3) In 1996, Henderson’s first season with San Diego, he boarded the team bus and was looking for a seat. Steve Finley said, “You have tenure, sit wherever you want.” Henderson looked at Finley and said, “Ten years? Ricky’s been playing at least 16, 17 years.”

——————-

LMAO

Rickey STAYED referring to himself as “Rickey”, like he was talkin bout some other nigga

22. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Jackson7 Says:
    November 28th, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Grant Hill’s mother > Lauryn Hill

Umm….

His wifey >>>>>>>>>>>>>> most of mankind.

23. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

And this song, >>>>>>>>>

24. Jackson7 Says:

Jemele HIll > Lauryn Hill

25. Charles Oakley Says:

Jemele HIll > Lauryn Hill
    nah, jemele got the charles barkley shaped dome and face

cant do it

26. Jackson7 Says:

Hllary Clinton > Lauryn Hill

27. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Real talk:

I made without my degrees than I have with them.

Shit is crazy.

D.R.E.A.M. (Drive Rules Everything Around Me)

28. sealsaa Says:

Jackson7 Says:

November 28th, 2011 at 11:31 pm
    Hllary Clinton > Lauryn Hill
    =======================

How you gone skip Peggy Hill?

29. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Jackson7 Says:
    November 28th, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Hllary Clinton > Lauryn Hill

^Stop

30. Jackson7 Says:

nah …Jemele Hill looks more like Michael Wilbon than Charles Barkley..

she kinda cute tho no homo

31. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

I’ve made more*

32. d_Block_4_Life Says:

Giants defense is getting fucking gashed… this hurts

33. Jackson7 Says:

Paris Hilton > Lauryn Hill

34. d_Block_4_Life Says:

our pass rush has been a fucking joke the past 5 games… niggas are a shell of themselves.

35. Jackson7 Says:

Loring Air Force Base (Maine) > Lauryn Hill

36. sealsaa Says:

d_Block_4_Life Says:

November 28th, 2011 at 11:32 pm
    Giants defense is getting fucking gashed… this hurts
    ====================================

Told niggas…

Archie Manning sanctioning them late term abortions. I ain’t seen Peyton since the Saints beat the Colts by 55

37. Charles Oakley Says:

d_Block_4_Life Says:
    November 28th, 2011 at 11:32 pm
    Giants defense is getting fucking gashed… this hurts
    *hard to breath*

38. baby jesus Says:

its ite jorge

yall aint bodied…mathematically

39. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

One that note,

Peace Nah.

Y’all be blessed.

(((((1)))))

40. d_Block_4_Life Says:

I know, b…. i keep telling myself all we gotta do it beat the Cowboys twice and the skins once and we win the division with 9 wins.

41. d_Block_4_Life Says:

I want John Gruden to speak at my funeral.

42. Mel Kiper III Says:

Just have that hundo for me?

K?

43. d_Block_4_Life Says:

No, no… YOU have that hundo for me…

44. kevfresco Says:

jim jones can’t keep his breeze in check?

fuck be wrong with these harlem niggas?

too much mamas fried chicken?

they cook that shit with sucka for love seasoning?

45. kevfresco Says:

still…

emily>

john jackson fuckin up.

don’t let me see her in an NY club one night.

46. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

kevfresco Says:
    November 28th, 2011 at 11:53 pm

they cook that shit with sucka for love seasoning?

^Just happy you said the word “that” right for once.

Proceed.

47. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

The Roots >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

48. Casket Face Says:

watching passenger 57

theme music >

49. d_Block_4_Life Says:

Kip…. i got 1 slot left in this Nah NBA fantasy shit… you want an invite?

50. d_Block_4_Life Says:

email me if you do..

51. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Co-sign Amp.

The ROOTS, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“You came to celebrate. I came to cerebrate.”

Black Thought >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And Dice Raw will craft a verse that will cut you deep into your soul.

“When I look into the mirror, and see my own image, I feeling there’s something else far off within the distance.”

52. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

I remember working a site in Now Orleans, Meterie County, Louisiana smack dab in the middle of Lake Pontchartrain on the freeway. The bridge lifted up out of nowhere and since the site is located on the lifting bridge, I me and my team of workers were all thrown into the far side of the cabin and our computers destroyed (except mine. Panasonic Toughbook FTW!!!!). We all thought we were going to fall into the Lake because we didn’t what the fuck was going on. All that kept running through my mind was Dice Raw’s verse on Criminal. Don’t know why.

Still think about that shit to this day.

53. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

“What if the best of me is really just the worse of me?”

-Dice Raw: Now Or Never

54. spirit equality Says:

Hllary Clinton > Lauryn Hill

^Stop

^ Son really jumped out a window with that one. L-Boogie was on a lot of dudes’ Dream Wifey list in her prime, mine included. That 96 Source photo spread was the business.