Nas Covers XXL’s November Issue

XXL has revealed the cover for their latest issue which features Nas celebrating 20 years in Hip Hop.

When asked if he was happy with how everything turned out, Nas had this to say:

“Dawg, I was naming my album Life Is Good because of how happy I am about how happy things have turned out,” Nas answered. “Sometimes I may wake up and wish my kids were living with me. That’s the only thing, you know what I mean? Our loved ones that are not around no more, like my mom. That’s the only thing. But other than that, everything is great, even when I’m alone. Even when there’s no one around.”

Check out more excerpts over at XXL.

Previously: Nas – Nasty (Video)

139 Responses to “Nas Covers XXL’s November Issue”

oh shit Beyonces belly is really fake?…

2. D_Block_4_life Says:

^ True, enviroment vs genetics… which is more influential.
    nature vs. nurture – Galton

Never was a fan of jim jones but I must admit I admire the fact he tries to be somewhat a hip hop historian.Those throwback freestyles are evidence.

^ he just jumped on a wave… French Montanas to be specific.

4. Cypher Says:

Mixtapes, constantly in the public eye etc. If he were to retire his career overall is alot more complete than other rappers

maybe… But if he did retire would anyone notice?

D_Block_4_life Says:

October 12th, 2011 at 12:59 pm
    ^ True, enviroment vs genetics… which is more influential.
    nature vs. nurture – Galton

^ someone paid attention is pysch 101.

6. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

oh shit Beyonces belly is really fake?…

^i keep hearing this where da proof tho?!?

7. ChainHeavy Says:

I cant remember anything hes actually said because my brain doesnt store the wackness but I recall his verses on that Lady Gaga collab to be trash.

8. D_Block_4_life Says:

Fuck work.

9. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

epigenetics >>>>

10. Troyvul Says:

maybe… But if he did retire would anyone notice?
    Damn, probably not.

baby jesus Says:

October 12th, 2011 at 1:02 pm
    Fuck work.

cBc

^ already

14. D_Block_4_life Says:

Lmao @ John Lackey and John Lester ordering chicken and drinking beer in the back during red sox games…

-Boston Globe

15. baby jesus Says:

c.c is gone tho

my condolences

16. Cypher Says:

COLD
    6 mins ago
    oh shit Beyonces belly is really fake?…

nah… She’s just a surrogate for Jays camel hump till he gets off tour

17. NovemberEnd Says:

# baby jesus Says:
    October 12th, 2011 at 1:06 pm

c.c is gone tho

my condolences
    ?

lmao, just dying at the fact the majority of you all will retire from your jobs at like 65 having given all your golden years to a company that dont give shit about you. This unfortunately is life.

19. Cypher Says:

B
    3 mins ago
    D_Block_4_life Says:
    October 12th, 2011 at 1:01 pm
    Fuck work.

^and school

*chuckle*
    Shoutout to ms andale(?)

they will prehaps throw a retirment party to which you will attend balding, energy depleted on some jay cole shit. People that dont give a fuck about you will write nice things in a card that will end up on your dresser. And thats all you have to remember the last 40 years. Lmao.

21. Cypher Says:

delighting in the misery of others is a trait of the weak.

22. Beezy Says:

cOLD Says:
    October 12th, 2011 at 1:08 pm

^what are you doing differently?

every time you try to leave … you keep getting pulled back in

with just enough savings to scrooge your way to your coffin.

24. Beezy Says:

I might have some super ill shit lined up that involves me leaving to join a start-up company where I’d be a partner … but I can’t really call it.

Too much up in the air.

Might happen really soon though …

*fingers crossed*

*prays*

25. D_Block_4_life Says:

CC is opting out as a business move. why not get 45 mill more from the Yankees? His agent would be an idiot if CC didn’t opt out.

^what are you doing differently?

^ I said you all figuratively speaking. I am of that same majorty.

Im a big dreamer tho, so watch me come up with something.

27. Bricktop Says:

energy depleted on some jay cole shit.
    This one made me chuckle.

28. 456 Says:

yo cold and anybody else doing the knowledge. ill breakdown of sacred mathematics.

youtube.com/watch?v=I7GJ-8SY068

29. Cypher Says:

D_Block_4_life
    1 min ago

true. Yankee money > hot pocket money

I remember a few years back my department had a few retirees that had 30+ years in this field. They called them dinosaurs. I don’t wanna go out like that.

31. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

COLD
    1 min ago
    with just enough savings to scrooge your way to your coffin.

^”Cold’s harsh realities of life”

Chilling

*daps 456*

33. D_Block_4_life Says:

Yo cold,

who you think should be the AL MVP? Also, how do you feel about pitchers winning league MVP awards? One more thing, do you think the NBA players are greedy for wanting 53/47 revenue share as opposed to 50/50? Please respond.

“All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.”

^ buddha quote.

35. 456 Says:

^absolutely not.

36. tHe KiD fRanKiE Says:

Cold
    My goal is to make sr mgnt n stack chips write a book, make a program and then just consult get paid to speak. Like around 55
    I have 2 mentors who do this plus teach

But that’s along time from now
    You gotta at sometime work for yourself

d- bleezy I think Dustin Pedroia first, and maybe Kevin Youkilis second…. and as far as pitchers winning the MVP, stats are stats…. The Pro ballers of the nba have a right in demanding more cake. These owners are caking something fierce.

I think writing a book is a long term goal of mine, Ill movie too… I aint built for this 9-5, its like caging a tiger of thought.

39. b Says:

Cypher Says:
    October 12th, 2011 at 1:10 pm
    B
    3 mins ago
    D_Block_4_life Says:
    October 12th, 2011 at 1:01 pm
    Fuck work.

^and school

*chuckle*
    Shoutout to ms andale(?)

^word, she helping me get my ged again