Video: Jay Rock – Life’s A Gamble

Jay Rock’s #FMH (Follow Me Home) drops July 26th. Order it here.

Directed by DJ Dave and CEO.

Previously: Jay Rock – Just Like Me (Video) | Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar – Hood Gon’ Love It (Video)

41 Responses to “Video: Jay Rock – Life’s A Gamble”

1. Slumbilical Says:

a Says:

July 13th, 2011 at 3:14 pm
    I remember when Eskay banned Asher Roth. He gets a pass for this song, it’s cool.

Exactly, but then them senior executives at COMPLEX called him on his celly like “ni@@er, we will call the feds and shut down your whole shit just like ONSMASH if you keep beefing with our golden white boy. Start posting his shit at once.”

And eskay yes “YESSA MASSA, YESSA. I … [stutters] … I … I DIDN’T MEEEEEEAN NUTTIN.”

Then they whipped him on his back 17 times for acting out.

So eskay apologized profusely and said that indeed black women ARE nappy headed, and dutifully started posting him again.

2. Troyvul Says:

lmao at Chea

3. Slumbilical Says:

This bin laden beard phenomenon is the only hip-hop trend of late that I can say is a “win”. Good shit. Now please God kill the skinny jeans trend.

4. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Video: Jay Rock – Life’s A Gamble…like my record deal with the lost member of the Insane Clown Posse

5. JihaD Says:

S.I.C.K Says:
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:26 pm
    ok “a” we get the idea stop name dropping nigga.post as you wish

You get my e-mail, fam?

JihaD

6. Slumbilical Says:

Uncle Tom Ah$mi

7. rex hussla Says:

J Rocc > Jay Rock

8. &What?! Says:

Wife cutting off your cock > Jay Rock

9. b Says:

that new evo 3d>>>>>>

10. &What?! Says:

On the real though..

Asher Roth > Grafh, Mickey Factz, Mac Miller, Jay Rock, Fred The Slobson and all the other scrubs that get posted on this site

11. Slumbilical Says:

&What?! Says:

July 13th, 2011 at 3:34 pm
    On the real though..

Good point, but do the math:

Asher disses all Black women = banishment for one day.

Lupe disses rap blogs = banishment forever.

Just sayin.

It’s that crab in the bucket mentality.

12. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

False.

Only reason that kid gets so much pub is cuz he’s clear.

I don’t see why he gets so many features either.

But I’d rather rappers raise their cracker quotient by getting him on their project as opposed to that Mac Miller kid.

13. JihaD Says:

But I digress. Now, where was I? Oh yeah, some of these other sites. I checked Nah Right, and I didn’t see anything. Which should have been a dead giveaway. Then I checked the site I’m no longer allowed to mention, and I didn’t see anything other than a post about how Eminem said (in XXL, natch) that Asher Roth is a genius. I wonder if that was tied to this incident, or if it was a mere matter of coincidence. Is the new issue of XXL even out yet. or is management feeding him exclusives? That would seem counterintuitive, businesswise, but what do I know? I’m just a guy with a business degree.” – Byron Crawford

this obviously offended Nah Right founder Eskay, who responded via Nahright.com with the following…

“Of course, I should’ve known that somebody like Bol would jump at the opportunity to use my silence as an excuse to write one of his bullshit, inflammatory, fuck-boy shock posts.

Am I offended by the “nappy headed hoes” comment? Of course I am. But I’m still gonna give dude the benefit of the doubt and let him explain himself before I go wilding out over something that could be a hoax or whatever.

What really offends me though is when motherfuckers like Bol try to insinuate that I or anybody who blogs on my site accepts payola in any form for any kind of coverage.

I mean, are you fucking kidding me?

I fucking challenge any of you motherfuckers to find anybody anywhere in this industry who can say that eskay has ever asked for or accepted money, or any other form of compensation, to post an artist’s music. I also challenge any of you pieces of shit to come out from behind your keyboard and tell me to my fucking face that I accept payola.”

– Eskay

14. Belize Says:

stot Says:
    July 13th, 2011 at 2:22 pm

section80 is cool and lamar’s clearly got talent but idk it’s a lil boring and odd to me… weirdo rap

really tho..album is weird + he got songs that sound like its made for stoners but he dont smoke. weird shyt

15. JihaD Says:

Opps, I forgot my

JihaD

16. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Asher disses all Black women = banishment for one day.

Lupe disses rap blogs = banishment forever.
    ==================================
    Eskay’s money is stuck to the gum under the table.

Until he ate the gum under the table and spent the money on Angus Burgers & 4x 10.Deep tees.

17. Slumbilical Says:

On behalf of my son, I sometimes accept Crayola.

18. JihaD Says:

Byron crawfords whole response to Eskays response,

The peasant mentality in hip-hop journalism
    Mindset of a serf

eskay’s post today going off on me begins as follows:

So I was trying to hold off on posting about this until someone in Asher’s camp released some kind of statement or something…

And therein lies the problem. You don’t have to be on the payroll to be overly deferential to the TIs, though I’d respect these clowns more if they were.

The idea of a journalist waiting to hear from someone’s publicist before reporting on a matter like this is silly to say the least.

JihaD

19. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

========================
    Nigga know he ain’t gonna do shit if someone does.

20. S.I.C.K Says:

@Jihad

listening now…I wanted to provide the backdrop for Poncho II tho.That zips drop is kinda official.I may use it in the future when I got something to let y`all hear.

21. b Says:

its sad that niggas dont even let the music speak for itself anymore

22. Asparaghost Says:

ADHD by kendrick Lamar>>>>>>
    Keep it Warm for ya by freddie gibbs>>>>>

but seriously, that Section 80 shit is gold.

23. NovemberEnd Says:

*dead*

24. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

==================================
    Yeah, Bol left bullet holes & gunpowder residue all over Ashmi’s Nokia web book.

25. S.I.C.K Says:

@amp

hook a fellow harlemite up.Point me to the monumental leak?site?

26. Slumbilical Says:

One thing about eskay – it’s been several years since this site started, and he’s tooken swipes at plenty of rappers, yet still no rapper would dare punk him or run up on him.

Jokes aside – respect that shit.

27. b Says:

July 13th, 2011 at 3:41 pm
    @amp

hook a fellow harlemite up.Point me to the monumental leak?site?

^nigga u from brooklyn

28. Asparaghost Says:

that I ain’t hearing.

29. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

nigga u from brooklyn

ROFF

30. &What?! Says:

The Beatles – Because

If somebody had the rights to sample and mix their songs, they could make a mad cool beat from the beginning of that song.

31. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

Cause it ain’t that serious.

Nah Right can’t make or break an artist and the stuff spewed on here rarely makes it’s way off the net.

Plus, he knows who to get at. Rappers that could potentially see him at a function and beat the breaks off of him rarely get any slugs thrown their way.

32. AmpGeez a.k.a. Amphernee Hardaway Says:

mediafire.com/?xkzkmbh0ib166a6

@ S.I.C.K.

33. JihaD Says:

S.I.C.K Says:
    July 13th, 2011 at 3:40 pm
    @Jihad

You talking bout the Getaway jawn? I have the Session if you just wanna go in over it. I didn’t know you were trying to do it.

A Chick’s sister did the drops for us– I got a bunch of em if you want em.

And *daps*

JihaD

34. ilovemia305 Says:

RIP My nigga J-Rok

The real Noriega

I know you lampin in thugs mansion

21 GUN SALUTE

35. middleclassjoe Says:

”fuck a blog dawg coz one day we gon meet!! Ima spazz on ya ass like im on e!!!!!!!!”

eskay nearly shit his extra small pants when he heard those shots.

36. middleclassjoe Says:

eskay nearly shit pants when he heard those shots.

37. middleclassjoe Says:

eskay nearly shit his pants when he heard those shots.

38. S.I.C.K Says:

thanks amp I owe you one

@jihad

I`ma fall back for now as far as vocals.I was talking about originally wanting to make a beat for the getaway.Seriously Orion`s Belt is a crazy title son,almost epic.

39. a Says:

I see Eskay is still the topic of choice. Makes a change from Boosie’s mask, Nas vs Jay and crazy ass Casket. Alumnah style.

40. JihaD Says:

S.I.C.K Says:
    July 13th, 2011 at 4:04 pm
    thanks amp I owe you one

@jihad

What I’m saying is I can send you the acapella and you craft the beat to it. It would be easier than having to re-record it.

And yea, OB is gonna be >>>. You in a rapping mood? We got a spot open if I can get it back in a week or two.

JihaD

a, take of your mask b. (c) b