Video: Brother Ali ft. C-Rayz Walz – Smile (Live)

Performed at Earlham College. C-Rayz Walz joins Ali for the second verse.

20 Responses to “Video: Brother Ali ft. C-Rayz Walz – Smile (Live)”

1. JihaD Says:

big_seth Says:
    April 20th, 2011 at 4:47 pm
    *daps JihaD*
    COngrats on that graduation too.
    —————
    The interesting thing is, I believe Lucas WAS trying every time– his vision made sense to him– he just didn’t have the ability to translate it in a manner that everyone could enjoy.

I think that is my problem sometimes

And Ye DID rerelease CD like a year later or so. Remastered. LOL. I almost forgot about that. You probably right about that too. A lot of musician’s rerelease music like that.

*daps* Appreciate it homie.

And yea, your right, I did forget about that jawn. I’m just waiting for Kanye’s version of the “Greedo shot first” moment, where he completely re-writes his music history in order to meet his vision.

JihaD

2. ilovemia305 Says:

$WonDough$>>>>>>

Hip-Hop in the flesh…Fuck what you say or think

3. Remixznflow Says:

You niggas wilding today… B you gotta get that hate outta ya heart man… Make peace.

4. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

University degrees aren’t really about learning I’m starting to realize, it’s all about sending a signal to future employers [aside from a few more vocational kinds of degrees, like accounting].

You can learn much better for free, the degree is more of a signal. The better the university the better your signal.

Fuck it, I hate that I have to be a part of the struggle just to have a stable job. When you really look at it it’s BS.

Jihad hope you get that teacher/principal gig. I feel like Small business, teaching, and research are the only gigs that sound awesome, and even research doesn’t seem to provide much stability.

I feel like the best way for me is to just struggle and start a small business, and if I get enough money get into some streams of passive income [rental property?]. But that’s so far down the line for me :/

5. why? Says:

Dr. Dre = George Lucas in anything

Kanye = David Fincher

David Fincher directed the Social Network which was like the MBDTF of the movie industry last year. His other movies consist of classics and favorites.

oh and @RNC nah its been almost two years since I been commenting.

6. Nah'sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:

@ – JihaD – Thats whats up. My university offers my degree completely online which allows me to work full time and do school full time.

Congrats on graduating. I got one semester left + summer school

7. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

Kanye probably badly wants to redo CD with full strings. He said he would have the first time but couldn’t afford it.

[sorry land]

8. JihaD Says:

Remixznflow Says:
    April 20th, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Like most Uncle Toms, he would rather be angry with another black man than simply settle his issues with the white face that accosted him and made him feel inferior.

but fuck him tho. That nigga is dead and in the dirt. Sad and pitiful. I’m going to Atlanta tommorow to hit the studio all weekend with my play money, he has to go to work and see the white lady who called him a nigger, and have her report ready by the end of the week, and deliver it with a smile.

SMH @ Zombie niggas.

JihaD

9. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

oh and @RNC nah its been almost two years since I been commenting.
    —————————

maybe I’m the one whose wrong here. I’ve been on here maybe 1 and a half years then….I lurked for a few months before I joined.

10. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

why? Says:
    April 20th, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Dr. Dre = George Lucas in anything

Kanye = David Fincher
    —————————

Now THIS i like.

11. big_seth Says:

I wont con you for a gun but ill con you for some yay in a sec
    I aint a con-artist but I Kan-Ye(con yay) like West

papoose wrote this line & felt it was worthy of being used…

SMMFH @ That nigga.

12. JihaD Says:

*daps RNC*

Thanks homie.

@Why? Dre ain’t no Lucas cuz Dre has legimately released classics and defined to the point his name is synonymous with doing so. If I had to chose a director, I would say Martin Scoresese.

JihaD

13. JDS of the Cobra Kai Dojo Says:

Remixznflow
    6 mins ago

Lol

“you gotta get that hate outcha heart boy. I was the one who put the keyboard in ya crib” (c) Jihad Shuttlesworth

14. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

LMAO.

JihaD

16. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

*daps* Jihad

17. b Says:

SMH @ Zombie niggas.

^LOL.AT least when I say u cant rap its damn near fact and undebatable.I hope u have nothing but success in all ur endeavors outside of rap.u suck nigga, what the fuck nigga?I could never hate u , asshole.I killed u already.but most importantly, u cant rhyme nigga erbbody knows, WE SAY WHEN IS BSG GETTING SIGNED,NOT WHEN IS JIHAD GETTING SIGNED, U AINT EVEN #2, THE PRODUCER RAPS BETTER THAN U.

18. stot Says:

woooooo your boy walked out of the club feeling like a million bucks last night

$2 tuesdays in sf>>>>>>>>

dimepieces everywhere… got called out in the middle of the crowd by some broad who’s hot friend wanted to dance with me on the railing.. shit like that makes me feel like the prize forreal

everyday’s a weekend (c) red cafe & spitta

*daps efl*

19. why? Says:

Basically early NWA shit = American Graffiti and THX1138 shit
    Chronic = Star Wars
    2001 = Lucas Producer days doing Indiana Jones and other famous films
    Detox = Stars Wars Episode 1

And whoa. Scorsese has been making movies every few years unlike Lucas and been making good movies still.

20. big_seth Says:

and this is a little late, but at the end of the day, overall, I Love Ye’s work. every album has something for me, but I understand why that may not be the case for some & I do think that the hype outweighs the actual product at times.