Curren$y’s Jet Life Tour @ Irving Plaza on 06/6

Curren$y’s Jet Life Tour will be touching down in NYC on June 6th at the Irving Plaza and we’re giving away a pair of tickets, courtesy of Live Nation, to celebrate the release of Curren$y’s Covert Coup EP.

To win the pair, answer the following question:

On what track does Curren$y mention Nah Right?

E-mail the correct answer to nah.right.contests[at]gmail[dot]com.

UPDATE: Contest closed. Look out for another ticket giveaway closer to the concert date.

Special guests include Trademark Da Skydiver, Young Roddy, Fiend and Corner Boy P.

Buy tickets here.

116 Responses to “Curren$y’s Jet Life Tour @ Irving Plaza on 06/6”

1. Camelot Says:

yesterday u was a blood but u flip tonight, cause u like that sh*t that cilled Superman, you’s a “Crip Tonight.”

DEAD.

Any papoose fan should shoot their foot.

*Thanks God he left burner @ home”

2. Captain Planet Says:

Nas killed it at Coachella too.

I’ve seen the GOAT perform. It’s a good feeling.

He had a lot of energy and was really into it.

I was worried because people that went last year said Jay-Z was kind of lame; just walking around and shit.

I know that’s what he does but against the backdrop of so many epic performances at Coachella I can understand how that could be a let down.

Damien was chill too. Did a remix of his pop’s Exodus joint.

3. big_seth Says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jay wrote that “you made it a hot line, I made it a hot song” shit years ago.

Thats why he used P & Nas lines so much… so he could diss them later. LOL.

LIke “I know who I paid for that sample” type shit.

4. JihaD Says:

S.I.C.K Says:
    April 20th, 2011 at 3:36 pm
    *daps RNC*

You need to start throwing me random samples again.Last time you gave that Angie jawn and it was a internet sensation putting FreeJ that much closer to stardom.Plus I wanna bless BSG(II)before it`s said and done.

Speaking of which, did you get that last e-mail I sent you about homegirl singing on those tracks for us?

JihaD

5. SPITGAME Says:

“There’s somebody out there right now wit a bowl a cereal… Readin the back of the cereal box… Rappin… And he comin for my spot… Ima sign Em Doe” – SC

Ima find the track that’s on…..

Killers’ll put the glocks to your memry
    I’ma son of a gun, so if im coming my pops comin with me”

^ this isnt so horrible.

7. Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:

Lil B full of shit

8. GMLLZ Says:

worstpapoose.tumblr.com/

^^^^^^

no words

9. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

you.u wack as hell.
    DJ Chase Says:
    April 20th, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Kanye is one of the few rappers who will say that other rappers are better than him. Kind of funny when you contrast it to his otherwise arrogant persona. But I honestly don’t think Kanye thinks anyone is better than him, even if he says it, haha.

^But this is why I respect Ye, to a degree. Just cuz you better than him, he aint necessarily, or at least knowingly, trying to stiffle your hustle. He’ll just try to outdo you.

Lollipop remix && barry bonds. Damn near every song he ever did with Jay. Son respects the art and combats, jay just buys your contract and make you humble yourself.
    —————————————————–

EXACTLY. No subtle power plays like Camel. He actually wants to earn his place.

The whole ‘earning it’ theme is all over his career, too. From the Taylor Swift thing and other award shows, to the way he put other dudes names larger on the covers for his singles/Good friday songs, he’s all about credit where it’s due.

That’s why I don’t think he has ghostwriters, nor do I think he cares for politics and PR. He actually wants to make the best music and get recognized for that. His controversial nature isn’t really forced, that’s him.

10. JihaD Says:

Captain Planet Says:
    April 20th, 2011 at 3:42 pm
    Nas killed it at Coachella too.

I’m hoping he kills it at the Root Picnic too. Its literally the only reason I’m going.

JihaD

11. Camelot Says:

b Says:
    April 20th, 2011 at 3:41 pm
    to niggas that know how to rap, kanye west is not nice, he is good.

Um……

tinyurl.com/3b2p2ta

12. Troyvul Says:

@ RNC

right now, probably leaning towards the Tories, never voted for them before. but for some reason I get a bad feeling about ignatief. Harper has a plan established, Ignatieff hasn’t said anything note worthy.

You?

13. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

big_seth Says:
    April 20th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I think he knows that people are better at some aspects (like Lupe & actually rapping), but Kanye probably thinks he is the BEST musician ever.

Like no one puts it all together like him. Videos, beats, raps etc.
    —————————————————-

Agreed. The thing that always held Kanye off the best ever lists was his pure MCing ability. Even though on select songs he showed he could rap really well, and on his others those are songs no one should ever try to spaz on anyway [imagine Eminem on Family Business].

That’s how you start your career with 4-5 classics [when the next best guys has maybe 3 classics to his name], and still get left off GOAT lists.

14. JihaD Says:

RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:
    April 20th, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Chill god, you stanning too hard. Niggas BEEN knew Kanye had ghosties penning bars and developing flows– ain’t no shame in it for him, since he a producer type too.

And if you don’t think Kanye dont wanna be recognized as the best, then you don’t understand the position he in– you dont make it that far without that type of desire, b, whether he says it or not.

The over-the-top shit he does is how he stunts, b, not always in the rhymes.

JihaD