Jay-Z: “Bleek, You Don’t Work Hard Enough”

In this nearly 10-minute long interview, Memphis Bleek speaks to M.Reck about Jay-Z telling him he’s lazy, discusses Tru Life being sent away (and the rumored conditions of his signing), not being able to diss or listen to Beanie’s diss, jump-starting his new label Kush Gang and the classic Freeway vs. Cassidy battle.

Previously: Memphis Bleek – Nice Night (Video)

34 Responses to “Jay-Z: “Bleek, You Don’t Work Hard Enough””

1. Captain Planet Says:

Black Says:
    April 7th, 2011 at 3:53 pm
    @CP

I actually like Ross music tho so we agree on that, i just dont give a fuck what other artists like… that shit holds no weight with me.

Kanye like Ross’ music…. the nigga also likes to dress in blouses.

>>> Obviously I respect Kanye’s music taste more than his dressing taste.

You’re telling me Kanye co-signs a new artist you’re not more likely to check it out then a uncosigned artist? C’mon fam.

2. F YOU PAY ME! Says:

MEMPH BLEEK IS >>>>

3. F YOU PAY ME! Says:

Id rather be a Chitlin Circut Rapper ie Currensy , Big Krit

than a Wiz Khalifa/Drake pop mega star anyday

Chitlin Circuit rappers can have a lot more longevity, fans are more loyal, and the $$ is good

plus your famous but not famous to the point where you cant go anywhere without being annoyed

and you still get groupie love

chitlin circuit rappers win

4. Harlem World Says:

Memph Bleek is getting ready to go see my cousin!

#memphbleekfacebookstatus

5. el feces loco Says:

I was cool with a couple CO’s..niggaz think them phones and drugs be walking they way into the prison..no a CO did that.

There are pig type CO’s though..rednecks mostly.

I cant hold it against a 27 year old rapper cause he had a prison job at 19…that shit seems stupid to my mentals.

6. Captain Planet Says:

I would NEVER have checked out Cyhi the Prince without a Yeezy co-sign.

That nigga look like a mentally challenged dwarf.

I still don’t like him, but to deny an established artist’s power to influence is to deny hip-hop itself.

How many artists got their start from a feature?

7. mcb Says:

def not respected/listened enough

8. F YOU PAY ME! Says:

How many artists got their start from a feature?

The living God in the Flesh Nasir Jones himself got his start from a feature

Captain Planet won

end discussion

9. TheCo!!inB Says:

“Jay say Bleek you aint rich keep the du rag on.” *fixed*

10. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

>>> I’m not upset you don’t like Ross. I think you keep forgetting you came at me.

I’m upset you deny Ross’ music SIMPLY because he was a CO.

I can fuck with oh BMF was hot but I can’t fuck with CO music. That’s cool.

But to say a Ross song has never been hot simply because he was a CO? That’s beyond me.

And I never said you should stop liking a rapper because he co-signs someone else. I’m saying you’re acting like I’m crazy to like Ross shit when your favorite rappers like his shit.

*sighs*

I never said I didnt fuck with him ONLY because he was a CO. his content sucks. I didn’t like that beat on BMF either. Hell, I honestly don’t like none of those southern new lex Luger sounding beats. Those shots is trash to me. I like smooth Dilla shit bro. SMOOTH shit I can relate to.

I never came at you. I simply said “No”, Ross didn’t make the best hooks to me. He doesn’t. It ain’t only because of BMF either

And yes it does matter what songs if youre taking swipes at what images I support. I been liked the Clipse since I was 14. That ain’t gonna change. Ross on the other hand had opportunities them niggas ain’t have. But that’s another topic.

I just don’t like that ignorant shit man. I really don’t. I can’t stand it. *shrugs*

But yeah, I’m a hypocrite, I know. I’ll take Pusha’s coke rap before I take Ross’.

Pusha didnt take an oath to be an upstanding citizen and beat the shit outta caged niggas that get outta line.

11. Black Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Of course but the cosign game goes way back, all I’m saying is that if a nigga’s music is trash then its trash and i dont care if Nas, Jay Z, Jesus, and Muhammed all appear on MTV saying the nigga is the best ever.

Hov – Bleek
    Nas – Quan/Nashawn
    Ye – Big Sean and he did a song with that chick talking bout nail polish or sum shit.

12. Captain Planet Says:

There are pig type CO’s though..rednecks mostly.

>>>I honestly believe Ross has a story like this he be telling rappers.

I understand niggas saying rappers will do anything for money, but these niggas got brothers and cousins in jail for terms. And he getting features from legends who don’t NEED the money like that?

That nigga got an alibi.

He was the noriega of that Prison. The REAL Noriega.

13. hl Says:

TheCo!!inB Says:

“Jay say Bleek you aint rich keep the du rag on.” *fixed*

^Jesus.

14. GMLLZ Says:

# mcb Says:
    April 7th, 2011 at 4:00 pm

GMLLZ Says:

April 7th, 2011 at 3:58 pm
    Sean nice

Carter, yeah, but Sean Price is the best/

^^^^^^^^^

that was implied….check the spelling of their names kid

15. Captain Planet Says:

#TeamTiger

Watching Golf ain’t that bad. Especially if you catch a hole in one. (NMC)

And it does feel like #RichNiggaShit

16. el feces loco Says:

eskay Says:
    April 7th, 2011 at 1:59 pm

i guess ya’ll are referring to that fuckboy side site niggas started?
    niggas are adorable b. I hope them fuckboys go and fucking stay over there and never come back, but I think we all know that’s not gonna happen.
    I guess when I caught niggas on here on a Saturday night and let them know what losers they were that was the last straw huh? lmao.
    niggas is like “waaaa eskay doesn’t appreciate us as commenters, we’re gonna start our own site” stomping they feet and slamming doors and shit.
    lol….don’t leave while you hot, that’s how Ma$e fucked up.

word..you need to give GBM the drug de a ler type censor too..I was riding with them till I saw a few things they said about my beloved nah.

You should go over there and ban everyone that posted over there too..have them kizzaz stuck in lurkatory

17. Harlem World Says:

a c fuckin oooo man

c.o’s be setting niggas up for beatings and fuckin up their parole – i bet ross was like that

id have thrown my piss and shit on ross – fuck it

18. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

LOL

19. Black Says:

How many artists got their start from a feature?

^^^^^^^^^

The argument is going all types of sideways. All i said was that i base my opinions on good music people make and that the opinions of other niggas(whether their artists or not) has no basis on my opinion.

Listening to a nigga because an artist you respect does aint the same as liking a nigga’s music cuz an artist u respect does. Shit, the C Section put me on to alotta niggas i would never listen to.

20. Captain Planet Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hov – Bleek
    Nas – Quan/Nashawn

>>> C’mon your list is biased!

All them niggas have a vested interest in those artists succeeding.

I understand Hov at the beginning but what does Nas gain by Ross doing well? Raekwon? Kanye?

This niggas established artist and Ross isn’t on their signature label. They don’t even need Ross shine like that.

21. Remixznflow Says:

Harlem World Says:
    April 7th, 2011 at 4:04 pm

a c fuckin oooo man

id have thrown my piss and shit on ross – fuck it

*weeps*

22. Harlem World Says:

c.o’s are sadists and power mad

i know of a few c’o’s but they were female ones

when that riot gear comes on – they squadding up in that cell to beat niggas to death

“oh he fell off the balcony”

23. G7 Says:

>> jump-starting his new label Kush Gang

^Didn’t Bleek start some bullshit Get Low Records last year? this guy is hilarious

24. G7 Says:

I think Sheek is reppin’ du rags harder than Bleek these days.

25. Black Says:

C’mon your list is biased!

All them niggas have a vested interest in those artists succeeding.

^^^^^^^^^^^

CP Hov is on record saying “Bleek is the new and improved Jay Z”.

Signing a nigga to your label is the ultimate cosign.

26. Captain Planet Says:

Black Says:
    April 7th, 2011 at 4:05 pm
    How many artists got their start from a feature?

^^^^^^^^^

>>> You got me all wrong. I wasn’t saying because Kanye liked Rick Ross I liked him.

I’m saying I think this music is hot individually. Nas, Jay, Ross, Yeezy and Raekwon think his music is hot.

How can I be crazy for liking it? It’s more like the God’s of Hip-hop have co-signed my taste more than I am liking Ross because they do.

The Chicken and the egg.

27. Eastern_Digital Says:

You aint work hard enough…that Maybach still ain’t shinin like it’s supposed to. Wax on, wax off, Bleek!

28. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

Harlem World
    1 min ago
    a c fuckin oooo man

id have thrown my piss and shit on ross – fuck it

*Shakes Harlem Hand*

Didn’t that nigga win a perfect attendance award or some shit? Or was it outstanding behavior?
    You KNOW that nigga was coonin back then, beating niggas with batons, setting them up, snitching and all that. I bet he had himself a white girl at that time too.

29. Zee! Says:

Bleek you dont work hard enough…..

AYO

30. Captain Planet Says:

CP Hov is on record saying “Bleek is the new and improved Jay Z”.

Signing a nigga to your label is the ultimate cosign.

>>> No it’s not.

C’mon. Bleek was his best friend.

Even outside of business this is true. If you’re looking for a lawyer and your homie is like you should use my brother he’s the best, you better look around before you pick him because your homie is clearly biased. But if your friend says I was caught in some shit last year and Weinstien and Bros made it as painless as possible, that’s a more legitimate co-sign.

You know this Black.

31. F YOU PAY ME! Says:

that makes 50 even softer

how the fuck you cant kill a nigga who was a CO career

bet you Hov had beef with Ross

Ross would have been FINISHED!

50 music just not good enough to do the job

32. Yama Says:

Am I the only one who has no sound?

33. Yama Says:

Never mind. I got it poppin’ after all.

34. Nah Right » Video: Memphis Bleek – Serato & Blunts Says: