Video: Pharoahe Monch on Recording “Oh No” w/ Nate Dogg

Monch reflects on how “Oh No” with Nate and Mos Def came about.

83 Responses to “Video: Pharoahe Monch on Recording “Oh No” w/ Nate Dogg”

1. kevfrescura de talco Says:

damn did this nigga run up on some rappers he blogs about with his belt unbuckled @ sxsw & get ignored?

ain nothing worse than an eskay gimchee scorned yo.

2. Cypher Says:

not to mention that the more you reply to me, the more money i make.

lmao… to be clear you made a statement, i htought it was funny that youwere calling someone else out on it even tho you participate in the same petty actions.

Then you started getting emotional, and talkin bout niggas running up on you and whatnot.

FTR, i could care less about what ever pennies you get from me pushing f5, if it was that serious to me i would enable AdBlock and NoScript.

i get nothing but dap from rappers. fact.

4. big_seth Says:

Now the nicca on some grown and sexy cat-daddy-at-the-gay-club tight shirt GNC-shake-drinking type of fruity jump off.

LMAO

5. Harlem World Says:

dj quik >>>
    warren g>>>

6. NovemberEnd Says:

I miss Rawkus records

7. big_seth Says:

& for YOUR record, tht is not how web ads work.

eskay, more or less, sells space based on how popular the site is. It has nothing to do with you seeing the ads or not. If you click them tho, that may/may not factor in.

its like TV advertising. They don’t give a fuck if you watch the commercial or buy the big mac, it costs a certain amount depending on time of day and the popularity of the show (or site) being seen.

>>Then you started getting emotional, and talkin bout niggas running up on

you asked me about fuckboy so i answered you. don’t fucking try to act all innocent now pussy.

>>if it was that serious to me i would enable AdBlock and NoScript.

ha ha, ’cause you know you ain’t going nowhere.

dog, enable adblock, matter of fact, don’t ever come back here in your fuckshit life, and i will still fucking eat.

matter of fact, let’s try an experiment. you fucking get off my site for the next 5 years and then check in with me and we’ll see if I’m still eating or whether you fucking ruined me.

smh.

9. Free J Says:

arguin wit eskay is senseless….unless ur jihad, then shit becomes hysterical

10. Free J Says:

big_seth Says:

March 22nd, 2011 at 3:27 pm

what he said

11. Harlem World Says:

# NovemberEnd Says:
    March 22nd, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I miss Rawkus records

cosign – but one thing about rawkus is that i didnt take it for granted – like i did with some of the golden era labels

12. Slumbilical Says:

Monch look like an Arab dictator cross with Kanye cross with Elton John in this video (shots.)

13. kevfrescura de talco Says:

i get nothing but high fives from rappers if i get a good running start to jump up. fact.

>*fixed*

14. Slumbilical Says:

Harlem World Says:

March 22nd, 2011 at 3:30 pm
    # NovemberEnd Says:
    March 22nd, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I miss Rawkus records

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rawkus_Records

On the low, Rawkus was run by Rupert Murdoch’s son, James. Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News and the Wall Street Journal.

“Illuminatti got my mind, soul and my body…”

15. KzA Says:

On the low, Rawkus was run by Rupert Murdoch’s son, James.

wowwww

16. KzA Says:

*eskays it up*
    *clicks with fists*
    *types with headbutts*

17. Harlem World Says:

@ slumbilli

he was a rich hip hop head from a privileged background – they do exist lol

its fucked up tho – because they didnt pay a lot of producers like hitek

and they squandered some of it on Kool G Rap – who got signed for a million – he was never gonna do more than gold at best

18. Free J Says:

people say that im a bad influence
    i say the world’s already fucked im jus addin to it…

19. P.W. Says:

Touched fables
    Ducked labels
    Lookout for the one he’d abide with the terrible stables
    Signed to Rawkus
    I’d rather be mouth fucked by Nazis unconscious

El-p – ds9mm

20. rex hussla Says:

People need to stop assuming shit when it comes to Nate Dogg time before death and who was there for him yadda yadda yadda…he hasn’t been in good health for a while now, so to assume that he was just sitting there waiting for a call or handout or he was living off EBT is way off base and to be honest makes you all come off worse than Bossip or MTO posters and commentators.

21. KzA Says:

on the real tho Rupert Murdoch is like satan himself in my eyes..

reaps benefits off the stupidity and fear of ignorant americans..

22. Harlem World Says:

xxl wrote a feature on rawkus back in 2003

explains the murdoch thing and big l going gold after he died

ill try look for it in my basement if anyone cares lol

23. Remixznflow Says:

@KzA

you seen this?

tinyurl.com/4el9ox4

24. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

you niggas are literally the last thing on my mind.
    not to mention that the more you reply to me, the
    more money i make.

^Pride cometh before the fall!
    Iont wish harm or ill will on no one but fam, you
    should learn some humility. God can take all your
    blessings away immediately! That type of
    attitude will get you touched b.
    #Real Talk
    You should be happy we come here, n lay off the
    tough talk. We r essentially ur customers and u
    shit on them!
    #my2cents
    *pops popcorn*
    Continue

25. KzA Says:

@Remix sure did.. I was just reading aobut it actually. Dont know if Im stoked on the addition of touchwiz but that thing sure looks ill

26. Free J Says:

to all the drugs that ive done, im still gon do
    to all the people i offended, yea FUCK YOU TOO!

27. Remixznflow Says:

KzA Says:
    March 22nd, 2011 at 3:41 pm

yeah… it does look pretty dope.. however… again.. NO peripherals.. lol… first tab with a fuckin USB port that WORKS is gonna be a game changer… im unsure of why this hasnt happened yet.

28. Free J Says:

*downloads MMLP and SSLP*

*transforms into high school self*

29. big_seth Says:

@Free J

so no comments on that site map fam?

30. P.W. Says:

# tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:
    March 22nd, 2011 at 3:40 pm

you niggas are literally the last thing on my mind.
    not to mention that the more you reply to me, the
    more money i make.

^Pride cometh before the fall!
    Iont wish harm or ill will on no one but fam, you
    should learn some humility. God can take all your
    blessings away immediately! That type of
    attitude will get you touched b.
    #Real Talk
    You should be happy we come here, n lay off the
    tough talk. We r essentially ur customers and u
    shit on them!
    #my2cents
    *pops popcorn*
    Continue

^^^^ Real talk that kid cypher popped off at the guy that runs this shit. If he popped off, he has every right. right or wrong we all have the right to protect our perception.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it. – voltaire said that and no, not the guy from can ox.

31. mcb Says:

i shouldnt need weed to correct my mood,
    but it eases my mind, helps me eat food,
    so after a long grind, i reach for the tools,
    double meaning, but like monotheism,
    only 1 is true,
    and misunderstood, it creates a poisonous brew,
    and with some support, a boisterous crew,
    but im getting off point like a canoing joint,
    so let me talk this until im profitless,
    hoarse throat holding an IOU note,

32. KzA Says:

Remixznflow Says:

March 22nd, 2011 at 3:43 pm
    KzA Says:
    March 22nd, 2011 at 3:41 pm

first ‘real’ commercial tab that is. Someone actually just got the USB port on the xoom to work with a little work around

33. rex hussla Says:

whoever owned Rawkus must have had disposable income because every single release of theres would have crazy promotion. The local vinyl shops would be stocked with 18 x 24 posters, record sleeve sized ads, postcards and stickers out the ass of every single release they had coming. I know that shit is expensive, and they did it everywhere. I still have a bunch of those posters and shit on ice just chilling.

34. Free J Says:

@Free J

so no comments on that site map fam?

lol i dont kno how u missed my response…twice. I thought i responded when u sent it on my email. i liked that shit alot fam. i saw u ask this mornin too and i answered in the middle of my ranting fam. hows them logos comin along. i thought i responded to it all at once

35. kevfrescura de talco Says:

eskay been thought of the c-section as customers in the negative sense.

like how drug dealers think of their ‘custies’.

but when you’re a wee man thas how you build yourself up. can’t blame the forever runt for that tho.

36. rex hussla Says:

all those posters, stickers and postcards were stacked high and up for grabs for anybody to take…shit was crazy. Especially for a hip-hop hoarder like myself.

37. Casket Face Says:

# Slumbilical Says:
    March 22nd, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Looks like Musiq Souldchild, Kayne and Michael Straham were fist fighting and tussled into some Ninja Turtle ooze and formed a new being

38. KzA Says:

I stay finding great ways to use my tab tho…
    I recently started doin morning cardio..
    watching the wire in HD on my treadmill at 530 AM >>>>

39. big_seth Says:

@Free J,

I remember the email, but I don’t think you said much about it there. I just wanted to make sure. I haven’t started the logos yet. I probably will sometimes this week.

I’m finishing up the ZIPsquad cover so that is taking precedent right now.

I actually just heard some news that might make me switch priorities tho. I still need to get you a price for all this as well. I’ll be emailing you about that stuff later.

40. Free J Says:

*lui kang kicks wife in the stomach*

*is daydreamin*

41. mcb Says:

W.A.R. out today, you know Pharoahe’s album…

42. Harlem World Says:

vanessa hudgens >>>

shes legal right? (no r kelly)

43. kevfrescura de talco Says:

watching the wire in HD on my treadmill at 530 AM >>>>

> lol @ your heart rate going up every time chris & snoop go to work.

44. Free J Says:

@big seth – appreciate it fam. cant wait to see everything. i been focused on the wrong shit as u can tell…need to get bak in the studio and calm down

45. Harlem World Says:

I Used To Be Free, J

46. Remixznflow Says:

Free J Says:
    March 22nd, 2011 at 3:49 pm

*lui kang kicks wife in the stomach*

*is daydreamin*

*laughs in stereo*

47. GMLLZ Says:

>>did anyone manage to get footage of Warren G & DJ Quik @ SXSW?

^^^^^^^^^^

I did. From the top floor of Venue 222….but I don’t have a blog.

48. big_seth Says:

next year I’m doin it big @ SXSW

I’m gon take time off work & everything.

Fuck all this “missin” out bullshit.

49. big_seth Says:

what up tho GMILLZ

50. Free J Says:

ya kno last time a few females pissed me i made an entire mixtape dissin ppl, soem ppl caught it for no reason. i called it 3x The Bullshit… 3x the drugs, drama and talkin about beatin up bitches. i might post that.

my last rap name i had before Free J was SK(Skinny Kid) Raps

51. mcb Says:

Free J Says:

March 22nd, 2011 at 3:49 pm
    *lui kang kicks wife in the stomach*

*is daydreamin*

then the judge says
    “get over here” in scorpion voice

52. GMLLZ Says:

what up tho GMILLZ

^^^^^^^^

Chillin yo…losing some money at the moment in this slow market

53. rex hussla Says:

man those Iphones videos are legit…I’m gonna have to get me one of those. My boy shot a whole session from the stage at a Dilated Peoples show from a couple weeks back and the sound and visual was on point.

54. david blackham Says:

why pharoahe let someone do dat to his vest? kinda faggish.

55. KzA Says:

Harlem World Says:

March 22nd, 2011 at 3:51 pm
    I Used To Be Free, J

LOL

56. kevfrescura de talco Says:

yo mcb…

you get that c1hunit mixtape yet?

57. mcb Says:

rex hussla Says:

March 22nd, 2011 at 3:54 pm

yeah video quality is suprisingly ill. my friend does this at shows, i dont bother recording anything on my crappy camera

58. GMLLZ Says:

# big_seth Says:
    March 22nd, 2011 at 3:52 pm

next year I’m doin it big @ SXSW

I’m gon take time off work & everything.

Fuck all this “missin” out bullshit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SXSW was crazy this year. I highly recommend it.

59. mcb Says:

kevfrescura de talco Says:

March 22nd, 2011 at 3:55 pm
    yo mcb…

you get that c1hunit mixtape yet?

playin it as we speak

its nice man, i got a few favorites, but beats are sick, verses are some of the best ive heard from them, im gonna play it for my friends prob this weekend, give em some cds.

60. Harlem World Says:

GMLLZ Says:
    March 22nd, 2011 at 3:51 pm

>>did anyone manage to get footage of Warren G & DJ Quik @ SXSW?

^^^^^^^^^^

I did. From the top floor of Venue 222….but I don’t have a blog

*Jimmy Iovine smile*

you got an email address no homo?

61. Free J Says:

yo for anyone who hasnt hesrd click my name

Free J – In Loving Memory mixtape
    —-

hear it before u hear DRASTIC changes in my style

62. kevfrescura de talco Says:

word mcb…

*daps*

63. big_seth Says:

Chillin yo…losing some money at the moment in this slow market

damn fam. hope all is well.

Yea I’ve been to SXSW a few times, but this year seemed extra LIVE & i didn’t head up there once. FAIL

64. Casket Face Says:

# big_seth Says:
    March 22nd, 2011 at 3:52 pm

next year I’m doin it big @ SXSW

I’m gon take time off work & everything.

Fuck all this “missin” out bullshit.

Son! Who you telling? Had the money just didn’t have the time bro…going hard in the paint right now (pause)

…we should have a C-Section summit next year, I’m wit it!

65. big_seth Says:

@Rex & mcb,

the whole reason I aint copped a Flip Cam is because I’m gon cop the best iphone released this year. For that reason.

I’m gonna film shit like that & try to do a little bit of artsy crap too.

66. mcb Says:

the only one, shake em down, the singles, 1hunit miles and running, some ******,

gettin money, parking lot, i mean, damn, they put some work in man. it shows.

o like the idea of intros on symphony (verses are ill, makes you wanna listen to more), is that you on there?

67. Cypher Says:

GTFOH Seth.. do you even know how Adblock works?

It hides ads or keeps you from pulling from the server the ad is hosted on.

Now yes initiallly companies buying ads go by how popular your site is however if after they bought the the ad space they notice that they were promissed 100 ad views only 10 ads are viewed they realize that maybe this ad space isnt as popular as they thought it was.

For example you rent real estate thinking that a 100 people walk by then find out only ten people frequent that area… it seems like a bad investment so you’ll cancel your lease and seek property else where.

Oh and as far as gettin off Eskays site, if you want me gone nigga ban me the shit should be to easy.. until then i’ll be here sucking up bandwith

68. kevfrescura de talco Says:

kevin nottingham jus posted my teams mixtape.

thas whasup.

69. kevfrescura de talco Says:

> yep!

you know i had to talk my shit!

we shooting a video for that next month too.

70. mcb Says:

big_seth Says:

March 22nd, 2011 at 3:59 pm
    @Rex & mcb,

I’m gonna film shit like that & try to do a little bit of artsy crap too.

word i got an upgrade/renewal in like sept. im gonna wait and even get a super cheap iphone 4, or mabe the new one,

if another phone looks as good, ill obv consider that, the only thign about the iphone i dont like, is typing on it, but obv thats me not the phone hahaha

71. big_seth Says:

@Free J,

I would suggest you head to austin next year too.

If you can get a show it would be a great look.

72. rex hussla Says:

yeah those videos my homie took where top-notch…I’m gonna get my blogging on at all the shows and venues I go to, I’m already slipping. I could have had wild shit by now.

I heard the next Iphone for Verizon will be out in June so I’m probably gonna wait until then. You can edit them on the phone too.

73. GMLLZ Says:

# big_seth Says:
    March 22nd, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Chillin yo…losing some money at the moment in this slow market

damn fam. hope all is well.

^^^^^^^^^
    oh nah its all good — good days and bad days…this is neither….yea this year was nuts…I had no wristbands, just one my best friends came down from NYC and he was in mad shows and knows mad niggas so I had crazy backstage access at madddd events…I missed all the NahRight shit tho…but I was at the FreeOnSmash jawn, Ruby Hornet jawn, 2Dopeboyz jawn and I was at Vibe like 3 out of 5 days/nights. Never met Eskay before, but word to Shake and Meka at 2DopeBoyz showed me a lot of love out in Austin.

74. mcb Says:

kevfrescura de talco Says:

March 22nd, 2011 at 4:02 pm

> yep!

you know i had to talk my shit!

we shooting a video for that next month too.

thats whats up, everyone brought their game for that.
    lock down like refugeee camps,

i almost went “ohhh” out loud hahaha

75. GMLLZ Says:

*Jimmy Iovine smile*

you got an email address no homo?

^^^^^^^^

yea but you don’t want my video son…I didn’t stand up there filmin the whole show…I was drinkin and shit…I think 2Dope posted a vid from the show that’s much better than anything I got

76. big_seth Says:

GTFOH Seth.. do you even know how Adblock works?

k.

meanwhile 99% of us, & I would the other visitors of this site, never click the ads, yet Nahright has only grown???

I only work on websites all day long for a living so what do I know.

77. GMLLZ Says:

I’m out. I need to hit the gym. Peace nahhggaz.

78. tHe kiD fRanKiE Says:

Just saw a vagrant/homeless/drugasddict white dude standin @ intersection w a FUBU coat
    LMAO

79. plug Says:

YO!

why aint nobody tell me Call of Duty black ops was the greatest game of all times?!?!?!

dog! that gameis so mufuggin sweet!

aint dont have the 5.1 dolby digital sound wit the big sub

somebody came thru wit the helicopter and dropped grenades on me.

then somebody blacked out my gps and murked me wit the double oozies

who was that?!?!

was it you?

you?

80. kevfrescura de talco Says:

blackops is truly that deal.

81. Cypher Says:

SMH.. you’re missing the point. Eskay stated just keep pressing F5 you’re only making me more money. I stated that i’ll just enable adblock canceling out the adviews he gets from me everytime i refresh.

And once again I could care less if his site fails or succeeds, it dont effect my life either way. However I would never go out of my way to contribute to the failure of another mans success.

And yes i realize that a couple individuals using adblock would not have much of a impact on a sites revenue. the exception being maybe tech sites where a majority of the visitors use adblock or an equivalent

82. Cypher Says:

@Pug I be on that BlackOps occasionally you got it for the PS3 or Xbox?

sn- them lil kids be wildin.. mad emotional and angry when you kill them

83. Nah Right » Video: Snoop, Warren G, Daz & Kurupt Pay Tribute to Nate Dogg @ VIBE’s Respect The West Showcase Says:

[…] Previously: Pharoahe Monch on Recording “Oh No” w/ Nate Dogg […]