Drake Interview w/ The Source

Off the announcement of his four Grammy nominations, Drake spoke to The Source last Friday about Kanye’s 5 Mic rating, his European tour with J. Cole and his dream Grammy performance.

Kanye’s 5 Mics Album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

“Kanye put together a great album. It’s a really solid project. I think people had so much time to sit with the songs, that it threw them off a little bit when the album came out and so many of those songs were already on it. But at the same time, when you get that project and you can imagine getting all those songs on one day and we didn’t have to deal with the power of leaks and internet stuff. I definitely understand why people hold that album at such high regard. It’s a great project and it’s definitely given me something to strive for because perfect scores are hard to come by nowadays and I’ve seen a lot of them on that album. That definitely lets me know what I’m gunning for on this next project. ”

Gearing Up To Tour Europe With J. Cole

“Just being with Cole and going to Europe for the first time, I wanted to do something different set wise and setlist wise. I wanted to bring an adaptive show out there. Cole is in my city tonight, man we are just having fun. Just having fun being young and rapping and living and enjoying it. Being good, responsible people, I mean we meet on a whole bunch of levels. It’s great because before I got to talk to him I didn’t know where our relationship was heading. When I finally got to meet him I realized like ‘oh man, this guy is so easy to like.’ I know what people are trying to do between us, but I’m going to like this guy and we are going to be friends and make great music together, hopefully for years to come. Cole is one of those guys that I can coexist with even though we do two completely different things. I mean, the one area where we meet on is lyricism, but that should be the case with any rapper regardless of genre. I meet on lyricism with a lot of people. There are a lot of lyrical cats out there doing great shit. I mean, it’s really easy for me and Cole to get along, and getting along with someone like that usually leads to great music so being on tour that long and me having a new album on the way and him finishing his project, you never know. It’s something I want to do so I’m all in man, it’s whatever. ”

My Dream GRAMMY Performance

I would love to do a medley with me Wayne and Nicki. Only because having Wayne is so amazing, and the year Nicki has had is so great, and to share a stage with my family would be incredible man. That would be the craziest thing, or performing “What’s My Name,” with Rihanna would be crazy. I haven’t performed that yet.

Photo by Ernest Estimé

Previously: J. Cole ft. Drake – In The Morning (Live in NYC) (Video)

85 Responses to “Drake Interview w/ The Source”

1. Harlem World Says:

wikileaks cables>>>

2. KzA Says:

halfrican bromance

3. Harlem World Says:

Shaq x Biggie – Can’t Stop The Reign >>>>

all day..

4. KzA Says:

‘You got a good eyebrow guy? I need a good eyebrow guy’

5. A chick Says:

*stans it up*

Drake and J Cole are gonna do it better than Nas and Jay-z ever did!

6. KzA Says:

‘Can you believe they let us say n*gg*???!?!?’

7. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

# A chick Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 12:58 pm

*stans it up*

Drake and J Cole are gonna do it better than Nas and Jay-z ever did!

^SMHead

8. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

monobrow rap

9. Deen Says:

“What kind of sunscreen lotion do you use?”

10. A chick Says:

The performance in NYC was live as hell!

I ain’t never seen Jay & Nas get it like that.

11. Deen Says:

“Dark skinned girls disgust you too, right?”

12. The Cool Says:

uk got blacks in london

Lol, like London is the only place with blacks. We’re all over England. I know Wales and Ireland got some. Don’t know about Scotland.

13. Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:

these niggas shimmer in the sunlight like them twilight vampires (nhjic)

14. A chick Says:

Deen Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:03 pm
    “Dark skinned girls disgust you too, right?”

————–
    wack

Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:04 pm
    these niggas shimmer in the sunlight like them twilight vampires (nhjic)
    ————–
    good one ;)

15. KzA Says:

Jcole better secure a Drake hooked certified HIT single.. or this whole tour is a waste

16. Deen Says:

Deen Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:03 pm
    “Dark skinned girls disgust you too, right?”

————–
    wack

Don’t get your feelings hurt – this ain’t America’s Next Top Comic.

17. KzA Says:

A chick Says:

December 6th, 2010 at 1:03 pm
    The performance in NYC was live as hell!

I ain’t never seen Jay & Nas get it like that.

you go?

18. Beezy Says:

Whose taking what in whose ass first?

19. rocstar Says:

cole and drizzy have the same hand motions when performing.

20. Beezy Says:

this whole tour is a waste

^J. Cole getting his Ford Focus money

touring is the only way he can earn a single cent

he HAS to do it

21. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

“I’ll talk to my agent about it, a urban version of Brokeback Mountain would be a good look”

22. A chick Says:

KzA Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:06 pm
    —-
    The last thing he needs is for those “beezy” types to start yapping about how Drake launched his career.

Jermaine would never have that….my dude stands on his own.

23. White and on NahRight Says:

Why is this fucker doing the pouty-kissy face in every damn picture? Shit Drake, get it together!

24. XerCes Says:

*007’s it up*

Drake cldnt get Wiz on his concert so he scooped up J cole?
    Wiz >>>>Cole
    Spitta>>>Cole

25. Beezy Says:

be careful with your teeth

26. KzA Says:

XerCes Says:

December 6th, 2010 at 1:10 pm
    *007′s it up*

Drake cldnt get Wiz on his concert so he scooped up J cole?
    Wiz >>>>Cole
    Spitta>>>Cole

you dont gotta do that.. apples and oranges

27. Deen Says:

“You know I brought light-skinned niggas back in the rap game, right?”

28. Nah'sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:

Drake is such a bitch. Talking like he gonna outdo or do as well as Kanye? GTFOH, BlouseGod will outsell your bitchass all day.

29. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

No wait, your dad’s name is WHAT?!?!?!?

#Jcoleanddrakeconvogems

30. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

“just start out with two fingers to build your tolerance up”

31. KzA Says:

A chick Says:

December 6th, 2010 at 1:10 pm
    KzA Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:06 pm
    —-

Jermaine would never have that….my dude stands on his own.

I mean.. true.. but my only gripe with Cole is just that his hook game is NOT good.. Id pay money to hear Wiz put new hooks on all of Friday Night lights.. Im willing to bet that the first JCole single has a feature on the hook

32. KzA Says:

Nah’sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:

December 6th, 2010 at 1:11 pm

yo.. you may be shocked tho.. Drake has white girls on lock whilst Kanye pissed them off

33. AlbertFindsdimes Says:

“BlouseGod”
    _________
    LMAO!

34. A chick Says:

KzA Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:12 pm

————-
    I think FNL proved that a Janelle Monae or Erykah Badu hook would be perfect. He needs that r&b touch.

35. Beezy Says:

you sure using gerbils like this is safe?

36. XerCes Says:

Tryna bring light skin back rap

37. Troyvul Says:

Word, or is a wrizzy

38. Deen Says:

“BlouseGod”

Gem.

I think we have another addition to the Nah Slang Book.

“Kanye Da Blousegod.”

39. A chick Says:

KzA Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:14 pm

——————–
    Why you think NOWB mad? His girlfriend must’ve asked for Drake Concert Tickets for Hanukkah.

Both of em’ are JEWISH so you know she’s infatuated.

40. Deen Says:

needs more gully rap…

41. Abortatron Says:

Yo , you got 20$ i can borrow til jay gives me my allowance?

#jcoletextstodrake

42. Beezy Says:

I would never go to another Kanye concert. I saw him in Chicago in 2008, it was all white 11yr olds.

Not long until Drake is the same.

J. Cole’s shows are only attended by bloggers, and internet obsessed weirdos.

43. George Says:

We brothers
    We’re happy
    And we’re singing
    And we’re *semi* colored

Give me a high five!

44. kevfrescura de talco Says:

Why is this fucker doing the pouty-kissy face in every damn picture

>nas christened that look “the girly mouf”.

45. hl Says:

Deen, check your email when you get a chance.

46. KzA Says:

A chick Says:

December 6th, 2010 at 1:17 pm
    KzA Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:14 pm

——————–

Both of em’ are JEWISH so you know she’s infatuated.
    LOL… NOWB’s girl and Drake linked up through JDate

47. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

Why is this fucker doing the pouty-kissy face in every damn picture

I believe it’s called the blue steel

48. kevfrescura de talco Says:

“BlouseGod”

>very funny.

49. Beezy Says:

pouty-kissy face

>nas christened that look “the girly mouf”

Duckface
    June 9, 2010 Urban Word of the Day

A term used to descibe the face made if you push your lips together in a combination of a pout and a pucker, giving the impression you have larger cheekbones and bigger lips.

50. KzA Says:

Beezy Says:

December 6th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

true.. I mean I had a GOOD ass time, but the Wiz show was all high school kids.. It was very strange

51. Beezy Says:

picchore.com/people/epic-duckface-gif/

52. KzA Says:

those compilation vids of girls makin the same duckface in every single picture are hilarioussss

53. clarenceD Says:

Wiz >>>>Cole
    Spitta>>>Cole

Get. The. Fuck. Outta. Here.

Cole world.

54. KzA Says:

LMAO @ beezy

55. rocstar Says:

J. Cole’s shows are only attended by bloggers, and internet obsessed weirdos.

no-sign. u shoulda seen the amount of hunnies in that place.

56. Beezy Says:

rubberduckface.com/

57. Nah'sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:

My girl wouldnt date drake. She likes real dudes with their own money, not money given to them when they ask by a 50 year old faggot named “Baby”

58. The Cool Says:

*Throws gum*

Yo NOWB

Niggas invited you to Nah, rep it right my kizza
    Be untouchable my kizza
    And you can be Nah for life my kizza

59. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

# clarenceD Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Wiz >>>>Cole
    Spitta>>>Cole

Get. The. Fuck. Outta. Here.

^Co-Get. The. Fuck. Outta. Here.

60. Beezy Says:

Nah’sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:24 pm

My girl wouldnt date drake. She likes real dudes with their own money

^oh the fucking irony

61. A chick Says:

So yall just gonna sit around a discuss a man’s lips without FBM?

He gonna be mad as shiiit later when he sees this fuckery went down w/o him.

Adios haters~

62. kevfrescura de talco Says:

that duckface gif is hilarity.

thas the same girl, same face, and when i scrolled back up to reference it with aubreys…..

insta*death*

63. Deen Says:

@hl

I see…

…once again it’s on niggas.

64. Nah'sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:

Beezy Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:26 pm
    Nah’sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 1:24 pm

My girl wouldnt date drake. She likes real dudes with their own money

^oh the fucking irony

Lmao, I didnt mean it like that. Thanks beezy :(

65. KzA Says:

Nah’sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:

December 6th, 2010 at 1:24 pm
    My girl wouldnt date drake. She likes real dudes with their own moneyteeth.

*fixed

66. KzA Says:

Nah’sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:

December 6th, 2010 at 1:24 pm
    My girl wouldnt date drake. She likes real dudes with their own moneyteeth.

*fixed

67. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

lol

68. Deen Says:

Wiz >>>>Cole
    Spitta>>>Cole

Co-sign.

Right now, I’d rather listen to Wiz than Cole. That could change soon. Once Cole learns to write better hooks or saves enough tour money to pay Ms. Badu for one.

But I’ll always prefer listening to Curren$y over Cole. That will never change.

zoolander pose. If this was said already my bad.

70. kevfrescura de talco Says:

rubberduckface.com/badass-duckface/

>i quit. WTF!?!

71. hl Says:

@HH check your email homie if you’re lurking.

72. Beezy Says:

J. Cole needs a shave

that rat-stache look ain’t workin’

73. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

girls that pose with the duck face and rock the faux tans are easy to smash though

shout out to them

74. Nah'sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:

I use to think Wiz was cool. During the whole B.A.R. mixtape and How Fly. But now dude is becoming a genunie fuckboy. NOFBM

The sad thing is, Wiz stole 95% of Curren$y’s swag (NH) and no one has a problem with that. Talkn’ all that paper plane shit yet, before you met curren$y, you were smoking blunts.

Fag

75. Troubleshooter1900 Says:

2Face>>>>>

76. Nah'sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:

*Daps The Cool*

BTW, who are you? That’s gotta be a mask

77. rocstar Says:

lmao at crooked i speaking on the tupac/flex thing like he has any business speaking on it. drop a debut album dude then talk

78. crooked I Says:

rocstar Says:

December 6th, 2010 at 1:36 pm

^ my man, you forgetting I was on the row with pac, him and I spent many a mornings at the waffle house, after leaving the studio blizted. I’m very qualified to speak on it. And fars as the album, I release COB album in ’09.

79. XerCes Says:

The sad thing is, Wiz stole 95% of Curren$y’s
    swag (NH) and no one has a problem with that.
    Talkn’ all that paper plane shit yet, before you
    met curren$y, you were smoking blunts.

^agreed! Its no secret Wiz stole Spittas swag but they homies so fuck it. As prev stated…
    Spitta better technically/lyrically
    Wiz make better sngs for the masses

#TgodxJets

80. clarenceD Says:

man currensy is terrrrible

81. TheIMasterify Says:

“Kanye Da Blousegod.”

LMAO…He will never look the same to me again

82. koa29 Says:

*dead* @ Kanye Da BlouseGod … That’s gotta be up for #NahGemOfTheWeek , and it’s only monday…

Drake looks like a combo of wizkhalifastoned/girlymouf in this pic …

83. koa29 Says:

clarenceD Says:
    December 6th, 2010 at 2:57 pm
    man currensy is terrrrible

word? i respect opinions… but do me a favor, go listen to:

“Airborne aquarium”

how can you say he’s terrible after hearing that ish …

84. koa29 Says:

“just element twistin’.. from earth come the fire & the wind, i’m Livin”

85. Nah Right » Drake Interview on Shade 45 Says: