Video: Kanye @ Bowery Ballroom

Up top is Yeezy’s 10-minute long speech at the end of his performance last night at the Bowery Ballroom. Ye touches on first day/week sales, interviews, Matt Lauer, blogs, George W. Bush, Taylor Swift and moving 600k. (Miss Info has the full transcription.)

To do an album, right, after the year that I had… after all the “Your career is over” and “die n*gga, die! and “You’ll never make music again!” and then come back and do 100,000 the first day, digital alone… to be safe to do 600,000 in the first week, and I don’t talk about the numbers, but what that number says is that people want me to keep making music… and for me not to give up. No radio singles, no #1 record, no top 10 record!

“…I can’t be your role model, I can’t be your savior, I can’t be your anti-Christ… I don’t know what the fuck Illuminati is. I like clothes and I still like girls, I dont give a fuck what you think and on that note. I love ya’ll.”

After the jump, he does pretty much the whole album. “Dark Fantasy” with Justin Vernon of Bon Iver and Teyana Taylor, Nicki Minaj comes out for “Monster”, Teyana Taylor fills in for Rihanna on “All Of The Lights”, “Devil In A New Dress” with Rick Ross, Hell Of A Life, and “So Appalled” with Swizz Beatz, Pusha T and CyHi Da Prynce.

Pics via Kirill.

Thanks to NecoleBitchie & Nigel for the footage.

76 Responses to “Video: Kanye @ Bowery Ballroom”

1. big_seth Says:

*daps TS*

Jokes fam, I know what you meant.

2. big_seth Says:

Harlem World Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 12:31 pm
    i gave him some of lito’s beats..i look after the real nahggers..not you hating niggas..hopefully he will use them on his next project

Yo,

you need to tell these artists to get at me too. I be designing the shit out of some album art. LOL

3. Mark Twain Fame (MTF) Says:

^whats ur alias?currensy has been on no limit historically known for having the worst rappers to enter a recording booth on their roster, it all makes sense now.currensy is nice if u like wack rappers.

get on with that whats your alias bullshit…gtfoh ya ole yeast infected cum bubble…

well your logic is still a big FAIL cause if you go by Currency being a wack rapper cause he was on no limit then he was also on Cash Money…who’s on CM?…all your heroes…comment better.

#########################################

b Says:

November 24th, 2010 at 12:38 pm
    ^ So I guess you don’t like Fiend, Mia X, or Snoop. That’s cool.

^snoop cool, the rest make me question y i even replied to u,.

LOL at this piss ant. talkin like he knows something…log off your momma’s Dell.

b is about to be in Casket Face status in a minute.

4. Mark Twain Fame (MTF) Says:

RAWSE IS DA KOOL-AID BAWWWSSSEEEEEE

5. kevfrescura de talco Says:

sports coat rap

6. Rey Says:

music-mix.ew.com/2010/11/24/kanye-west-speech-bowery/ A better take on West’s “Rant” last nite at the bowery.

7. Mark Twain Fame (MTF) Says:

I’m out…

later peoples.

8. ERIC Says:

OUR NIGGA DEAD!

9. big_seth Says:

Harlem World Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 12:40 pm
    Platinum whips, nobody got no platinum hits
    Cats know with me platinum always wrap my wrist
    I come to the awards, QUADRUPLE PLATINUM CHICKS
    Little ones like twenty five, what cats get smacked with

Ma$e >>>>>______

any chance you have that old mase mixtape?

10. Nah'sOnlyWhiteBoy Says:

Lol @ Pusha T allowing Malice to come on stage

Harlem World Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 12:43 pm

y’all niggas took shots at me subliminally the worst..

^ Point ‘em out.

12. A chick Says:

Rhi Rhi >> TT

Didn’t her album just drop? She shoulda made an appearance.

13. big_seth Says:

sometimes Kanye says the right shit in public. LOL

14. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

lol

15. Jersey*made*me Says:

@kev

You gotta respect the architects though. I don’t take a back seat to no man,but you gotta respect the brand. Certain niggas made the c-section worth coming back/sticking around this blog.

Don’t diss niggas and say no shots. You log on here daily and it ain’t for the posts,keep it real with yourself.

16. Hoskins Says:

Rozay up there stretching out Yeezys “power” suit

17. London Bloke Says:

Hoskins Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 12:48 pm
    Rozay up there stretching out Yeezy

AYO

18. &What?! Says:

Yelawolf’s album is nice, bass heavy beats.

Also, Curtains – GOD Freestyle >

He spazzes on that shit

19. Hoskins Says:

Is Ryan Leslie on the album?

20. Harlem World Says:

i52.tinypic.com/2iginwh.jpg

real talk, i was a part of that 2 tone jewelry movement..

cuban link..2 tone

my shit is authentic..zoom in if you want

no rodium plated shit like yung berg/gucci mane etc

21. Leonard Washington THE Karate Expert Says:

kevfrescura de talco Says:

November 24th, 2010 at 12:40 pm
    cuz u would be at the top..son

> sure I would. still shooting already dead carcasses that fell by my hands.

ain you one of the weak ones?

do I have to come all the way to boston to beat the ash off of you kevstacks?

22. Hoskins Says:

Yelawolf’s album is nice, bass heavy beats.

^^ I’ve only heard Pop the trunk and Daddys Lambo. What Are the other standouts?

23. Troyvul Says:

J.Cole – 2Face

24. Harlem World Says:

ok. ill get the furs out now..this may take while to upload

25. Jersey*made*me Says:

@A Chick

I got 1 warrant down and 1 to go,i’m done with any trouble. I know you fuck with me like that but you ain’t hit my email yet. What the fuck ma? Them shits was misdemeanors.

26. Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:

Is Ryan Leslie on the album?
    =============
    background vocals on All of the Lights

27. Troyvul Says:

>>>

28. big_seth Says:

Hoskins Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 12:48 pm
    Rozay up there stretching out Yeezys “power” suit

Chris Farley ether

29. Leonard Washington THE Karate Expert Says:

can I say I ll jizz all up in TT’s mouth now without looking like R Kelly?

30. Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:

Yelawolf’s album is nice, bass heavy beats.
    ==================
    it’s his mixtape with 3 new songs

and My Box Chevy was the best song on his mixtape and it aint make the album

31. Leonard Washington THE Karate Expert Says:

Or Kev for that matter

32. A chick Says:

@Jersey

LOL@ “1 to go”

You know the thing that troubles me about u Jerz, is that funny guys are usually not cute.

33. Leonard Washington THE Karate Expert Says:

this nigga kanye’s fit is beyond Kanye

34. KzA Says:

Harlem World Says:

November 24th, 2010 at 12:47 pm
    yall only getting cribs, jewels, photos of chicks, cars etc now…

HW u havin an identity crisis player? You are buggin like fmb and iceberg status right now lol.. Who forced your hand in what?

upping pics of your shit is kinda corny.. thats not you.. no shots

35. Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:

Kanye: “I like clothes and I still like girls….”

^ why he have to say “still” tho

36. KzA Says:

Troyvul Says:

November 24th, 2010 at 12:52 pm
    J.Cole – 2Face

yea that

37. Harlem World Says:

who hates Officer Ricky here..this is for y’all

i51.tinypic.com/s3ijcy.jpg

remember you cant by this in stores..you only get this if you do business with def jam or a groupie ho at a concert..obviously im no groupie..

38. kevfrescura de talco Says:

@kev
    You gotta respect the architects though.

>nahkis get respect where its given. i was pointing out that this whole “vet” shit is trivial. i’m only reminded of it when bloke starts blowin ’em and thas corny to me. and yes, I check the threads daily for info and entertainment, and thas not confined to “vets”. so there you have it. I’ve been to state prison and don’t wear that as some honorary badge and be quick to diss niggas that do cause there’s no redeeming accolade for that.

what the fuck does a “vet” earn from nahright after years of ‘service’ other than corny ass LB tellin them how much he admires their comment game?

smh

39. Leonard Washington THE Karate Expert Says:

Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:

November 24th, 2010 at 12:57 pm
    Kanye: “I like clothes and I still like girls….”

^ why he have to say “still” tho

cuz he’s been hanging out with Kev in the
    ‘meat packing” district #allshots-ntpf

40. Harlem World Says:

KZA STFU

I get tired of niggas saying..

“i smashed this half black, half rican chick”
    “i got a bentley”
    “i got mad paper”

but i dont see it..niggas talk shit then they abandon ship..

imma be like wikipedia now..you gone be able to click all my comments

41. Harlem World Says:

melanie fiona..where you at girrrrrrl

42. Jersey*made*me Says:

@Jersey

LOL@ “1 to go”

I don’t judge dudes so I can’t answer that,but I do know bitches fix they hair and shit after they pass me. I always thought that meant something. But that’s irrelevant to me trying to tickle your cervix. But fuck the dumb shit,bigjburnz@gmizzle.

43. London Bloke Says:

Kev throwing shots at me for no reason?

I know you ain’t talking ’bout me dog, You, what?

44. Hoskins Says:

J.Cole – 2Face

yea that

^^^ Should have kept it for the album

(If that ever comes out)

45. Leonard Washington THE Karate Expert Says:

Harlem World Says:

November 24th, 2010 at 1:00 pm
    KZA STFU

I get tired of niggas saying..

“i smashed this half black, half rican chick”
    “i got a bentley”
    “i got mad paper”

but i dont see it..niggas talk shit then they abandon ship..

imma be like wikipedia now..you gone be able to click all my comments

agreed but why would u stoop to their level

46. Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:

melanie fiona..where you at girrrrrrl
    =====================
    THIS!

@ Harlem u left her off your R&B chick list the other days….she’s certified wifey status

47. &What?! Says:

Dope songs on Yelawolf’s album imo are:

Get The Fuck Up
    Daddys Lambo
    That’s What We On Now
    I Just Wanna Party
    Billy Crystal
    Box Chevy

I actually think all the tracks are dope, cause it’s kinda a different sorta rap.. bass heavy beats fast flows. Worth downloading anyway, not as if I’m paying for that shit..

48. Hoskins Says:

^^^ Lol @ the disclaimer

49. kevfrescura de talco Says:

Kev throwing shots at me for no reason?
    I know you ain’t talking ’bout me dog, You, what?

>*reloads*

you ready ahk? i kill fellow muslims too.

50. London Bloke Says:

Fuck it. Its 6 o’clock, im leaving work. I aint staying here to throw shots at you on a computer for no reason

Peace

51. Hoskins Says:

nice work on the all bold everything bloke

52. Jersey*made*me Says:

Bloke

Tell your mother I said hi and that i’m sorry for making her miss her moustache wax appointment.

53. &What?! Says:

If you see yourself as a ‘veteran’ of a COMMENT SECTION of a WEBSITE then you lost already, smh.

54. kevfrescura de talco Says:

>jus as I suspected. Yet, to appeal to other “vets” you take shots at me which is a ho move.

but you’re from across the pond so thas expected. go home dude.

peace.

55. Jersey*made*me Says:

explain

56. Travelin' Man Says:

TT’s tittays >>>>>>

57. big_seth Says:

@HW,

don’t take these low life niggas serious.

Its really all just one nigga anyways. LOL

#masks

58. JihaD Says:

Leonard Washington THE Karate Expert Says:
    November 24th, 2010 at 1:02 pm
    Harlem World Says:

November 24th, 2010 at 1:00 pm
    KZA STFU

I get tired of niggas saying..

“i smashed this half black, half rican chick”
    “i got a bentley”
    “i got mad paper”

but i dont see it..niggas talk shit then they abandon ship..

imma be like wikipedia now..you gone be able to click all my comments

agreed but why would u stoop to their level

Because niggas don’t respect it til you buy em a plane ticket…

Then they start bitching up

*daps all around*

JihaD

59. &What?! Says:

explain

This ain’t no real life shit, as far as I’m aware the vast majority of people on here have never met one another, and probably fabricate a lot of stuff that they write in here, so therefore talking to other men over the internet every day/night then referring to yourself as a ‘veteran’ cause you been commenting to the same people you ain’t never met for years is pretty lame imo. No shots though.

I mean how can you claim to be a veteran, an experienced commentator? Veteran, what next? Veteran at breathing cause you been doing that longer than others? SMH.

60. ThatMan Says:

lol at THAT crowd yelling “MY NIGGA DEAD” after Ye said the “MJ Gone” line in the all the lights video

61. RIGZ Says:

but you’re from across the pond so thas expected.

Shut up.

62. &What?! Says:

I’d rather be seen as a ‘vet’ at something meaningful, and useful, instead of being seen as a veteran of a hip hop comment section, but I guess everyone different and people are gonna have a different view and opinion to me so I’m not gonna bother arguing with people that disagree.

63. kevfrescura de talco Says:

>co SMH & laughter.

64. Troyvul Says:

Hoskins Says:

November 24th, 2010 at 1:01 pm
    J.Cole – 2Face

yea that

^^^ Should have kept it for the album

(If that ever comes out)
    He definately should of, I mean Fam was spitting some real shit on that track.

I dont rap, nor do I try even allude what the writing process is like, but touching on such topics wouldnt you wanna save that for an album. I mean how many life experiences could one person have? To where they could have an original album with new things to rap about.

Thats why I felt Jeezy blew his load (n) with Trap or Die 2, dude got lyrical (for jeezy standards) and touched upon new topics in different ways, Jeezy I think just ran out of ideas, which is causing the delay in his album.

and never let the daylight decieve during the suns’ hours niggas do bleed …

66. Jersey*made*me Says:

explain

With all due respect you just clowned yourself. How is this not real life shit? Did you just comment from your grave? It’s not that deep b. The simple fact that niggas have been commenting here for a certain amount of time makes them vets,that’s all. People come and go but there’s a core group that was here when this blog wasn’t as popular as it is now. I’m not one of them,but I can respect what they have made the brand. Stop judging niggas b.

I see a lot of subliminal shenanigans, name names already.

68. Travelin' Man Says:

^ what he said

*continues to polish vet decoder ring regardless*

to my knowledge, S.I.C.K is the only cat that referes himself a vet. And duke mad cool. Kev, who you poppin off at?

we call this beat for rap, in the hood.

71. S.I.C.K VET Says:

I`m close to 40 so I`m a VET at life which transcends any website.I see Kevs point though.*daps*

72. Jersey*made*me Says:

kev ain’t got no fucking point. This nigga runs around with a group of niggas damn near 40 trying to start a rap career. Who the fuck would take advice from THAT nigga? kev is a fucking soft ass nigga from Boston,home of the tea party,baked beans,and Ray Benzino. Miss me with that sucker shit.

73. franklanzkie Says:

All of the Lights being an allegory for Taylor Swift and the subsequent haters and music as his child = genius

74. Willy Says:

This is my homie for life, Keep doin that G.O.O.D stuff Yeezy

75. Yama Says:

Yeezy!! Big ups to that which is heart felt even if it doesn’t always make sense to everyone else!

76. 50 Says:

Kanye West ur a fuckin genius i be tellin aritsts to go fuckin crazy now ur legendary status nicee