Video: Skyzoo & !llmind’s “Tales From The Tape” (Ep. 4)

Skyzoo & !llmind’s XL-rated Live From The Tape Deck will be in stores on October 5th.

For the final episode in the “Tales From the Tape” series, !llmind interviews Skyzoo about his writing style, what his goals were when creating the ‘Live From The Tape Deck’ project, and the approach he took with this one as compared to his previous work.

Skyzoo and !llmind will be performing at Best Buy in Union Square (NYC) on October 6th, flyer after the jump as well as the dates for the Duck Down tour in October that they will also be heading out on.

Previously: Episode 3 | 9th Wonder Presents Skyzoo (Video)

Monday, October 11th – Tampa, FL – Club Empire
Tuesday, October 12th – Orlando, FL – The Social
Wednesday, October 13th – Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Revolution
Thursday, October 14th – Atlanta, GA – Masquerade
Friday, October 15th – Wilmington, NC – Soapbox
Saturday, October 16th – Carrboro, NC – Cat’s Cradle
Sunday, October 17th – Baltimore, MD – Sonar
Monday, October 18th – Washington D.C. – LIV
Tuesday, October 19th – New York, NY – Le Poisson Rouge (CMJ Showcase with Talib Kweli, Pete Rock, Jean Grae, & Strong Arm Steady performing as well)
Wednesday, October 20th – New Haven, CT – Toads Place
Thursday, October 21st – Philadelphia, PA – TLA
Friday, October 22nd – Providence, RI – Jerkys
Saturday, October 23rd – Portland, ME – Asylum
Sunday, October 24th – Boston, MA – Middle East

101 Responses to “Video: Skyzoo & !llmind’s “Tales From The Tape” (Ep. 4)”

1. hl Says:

Regina Hall

^Awww Man *Uncle Murder voice*

2. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

There was an episode 1?

3. hl Says:

Cudi ethered Wale’s existence.

He better defend himself from the after-life on some Obi Wan shit…he needs to do SOMETHING lol

word. somebody gotta die.

4. JihaD Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:20 pm
    I don’t like that everybody glosses over the fact that Juelz helped get Banks hot again.

Let’s be honest.

Its easy to gloss over because Juelz/Def Jam did nothing with the buzz they both received from BBB. Banks ended up with a gold plaque, another single on the radio, and a new Major Label deal; Juelz is still trying to release the Reagan Era mixtape.

JihaD

5. mcb Says:

then Sean Price slapped Kid Cudi in that interview he did.

well he slapped fans that had both him and Cudi in their playlists ahaha.

6. Kufi smacks Says:

Deadin Rumor: Kat Stacks Shows Her Real Juice Box For The 1st Time On Camera! (*Warning* Must Be 18yrs or Older To View)
    Video Description
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Pussy looks worst then the original….

7. 456 Says:

good fridays thus far:

got jay out the castle and spitting again

put mos and rae on the same cut

got pusha t in the right environment to shine

reminded niggas what rza can bring to the table

had nikki stuntin on kim somethin awful

making you compare and contrast mcs from every corner of the spectrum…

and most these songs are clearly unfinished. hiphop ftw

8. Jersey*made*me Says:

Off Topic

. I am debating with wifey on which type of adult party to have for Halloween. A Halloween dress up (you choose your costume) or Halloween 70′s theme…Help me out

side note im black and black folks like the 70′s

Do a Baywatch theme,have them hoes in there half naked.

# Jersey*made*me Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:24 pm

^ Nah, you thinkin’ about the hazel eyes chick who played Will’s wife in Enemy of the State.

Right! I want that. I heard she fuck with regular niggas,not that i’m regular,but I damn sure ain’t in her tax bracket.

^ Does she have a choice? She’s a B list actress and aint nare of them Hollywood ninjas (Black or otherwise) is pressed to bag up Lil 227 Shorty. With that being said, if I ever see her when I’m on the West I’m sho’nuff gonna spray some Binaca and do a Jerome type bop in her direction.

10. 456 Says:

^juelz has no message and no direction. he aspires to have fab’s career. waste of talent basically.

11. Mac Brown Says:

JihaD

^^cosign

Juelz doesn’t seem very good “businessly”

12. RIGZ Says:

Jay elec dont need to release no music

Without fail, someone is bound to mention his name on here once a day. He got a buzz by reversing the formula…by NOT releasing music. People complaining about it is all the promo he really needs.

He stays winning.

13. Big_seth Says:

Hopefully next week they release a joint GOOD Blue Friday.

14. mcb Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:29 pm
    Off Topic

side note im black and black folks like the 70′s

Do a Baywatch theme,have them hoes in there half naked.
    hahaa
    both are legit, 70s theme, but some people might already got costumes ideas??? if its not too many people, and your literally inviting them, do the 70s, otherwise, open theme.

but 70s is legit.

15. 456 Says:

Pussy looks worst then the original….

^attentionslore.com

16. Jersey*made*me Says:

good fridays thus far:

got jay out the castle and spitting again

I thought those were called barns/stalls.

camel fancy huh?

17. 456 Says:

He stays winning.

^i’m surprised you ain’t cross his path. he stay in london recording…

18. b-ease Says:

RIGZ
    0 mins ago
    Jay elec dont need to release no music

He stays winning.

I’m sayin.

19. landlord Says:

LOL @ Nikki EVER stuntin on KIm

let her release a “Hardcore” first..

or preferably a hadcore video

# hl Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Regina Hall

^Awww Man *Uncle Murder voice*

^ Regina, Taraji, and that other big breasted heffa who was a Top Model contestant.

DC chicks got their own lil’ niche in Hollywood quiet as kept.

21. E aka Mac with the Cheese Says:

Juelz fall from grace is pretty pathetic, I don’t know how you go from making songs like “jealousy” and “rain drops” to the stuff he’s releasing now

22. Charles Oakley Says:

You check out the commercials for that new family flick starring animated OWLS, called The LEGEND of the GUARDIANS?

23. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

can you blame him?

Camel wouldnt show his deformed face for a “Welcome To New York City” video… same shit he did to Jaz-O for “Lets Go”..

when it comes to shit like that, fuck Jay-Z

Yo, I’ll admit I’m a Jay stan (NH) but sometimes I think he caused a lot of the bullshit that’s happened simply by not showing up for the “Oh boy” video and not doing the welcome to NY video. Surely Cam doing well would have lead to more money for everyone?

Man fck all them dipset niggas, hov was the only one kept it real, i lot of yall niggas dont know the real, camron was throwing all kind of shots and hov on his 2nd album and hov was beefing with mase and all them other harlem cats…So when dame brought cam to roc a fella, hov kept his distance, he didnt fuck with them cats and kept it all the way real. They wanted hov at the video and on there songs, they had to beg for that welcome to new york. Few years b4 they were thrown shots and now they wanted to kiss ass.

Hov gave them a shot by ok the roc a fella deal, cam went plat. (the only time ever) and than roc a fella breaks up and they go right back to dissin hov. You cant name one time where hov was throwin shots at them niggas. Them niggas was employees, if they made money, hov made money

24. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

can you blame him?

when it comes to shit like that, fuck Jay-Z

25. Jersey*made*me Says:

LOL,true,and Mr me too(but altoids minis>binaca).

26. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

============================
    Juelz > Fab

Fab’s had a better career but his music isn’t as powerful.

Juelz is not a boss. But not every artist is built like that.

You gotta fault Def Jam for not pushing his singles.

27. 456 Says:

I thought those were called barns/stalls.

camel fancy huh?

^jersey’s house is made of the garden state’s best formica

*dapz Mac Brown*

I see you decided to step off the milk carton and join us.

29. b-ease Says:

juelz has no message and no direction.

The truth is often painful.

30. Charles Oakley Says:

Why they let Swizz on Lord Lord Lord again? Straight wack/garbage/valentime type ish

31. JihaD Says:

Big_seth Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:30 pm
    Hopefully next week they release a joint GOOD Blue Friday.

I doubt it. Thats one of the bullets in the chamber for HFM2, the BanksxKanye collab. Maybe have some of the other GOOD artists rapping with Banks (other than Pusha) may be cool, but I just don’t see it happening as it makes no good music sense.

JihaD

32. ghost writer Says:

what up

Seth shit on this cover yet?

33. landlord Says:

GOAT home remedy

pickle juice on a burn

FACT

sweartogod

(but altoids minis>binaca).

^ I actually agree. But Binaca goes perfect with a Jerome bop. Both out of place.

35. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:31 pm
    good fridays thus far:

got jay out the castle and spitting again

I thought those were called barns/stalls.

camel fancy huh?

chuckles

36. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

========================================
    He’s not releasing anything now so what are you talking about?

37. Remixznflow Says:

# Charles Oakley Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:33 pm

i did not… link?

38. mcb Says:

Swizz beats money might go up if he got his voicebox surgically removed

or just unpluggedhis mic, whichever…

39. CiCi The Intern Says:

landlord Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:32 pm
    LOL @ Nikki EVER stuntin on KIm

let her release a “Hardcore” first..

or preferably a hadcore video

Amen.

“diamond cluster hustler”

40. hl Says:

D. Billz Says:

a.k.a. The Holy Trinity

41. JihaD Says:

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:33 pm

This nigga like Candyman when someone bad mouths camel- that nigga probably got a car adapter and everything for his laptop so he can check Nah while delivering medicine just so he doesn’t miss any preceived Camel bashing.

JihaD

# RIGZ Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Jay elec dont need to release no music

He stays winning.

^ b-ease brought that to my attention and you’re absolutely right. That nigga could drop a Youtube of him and Erykah goin’ grocery shoppin’ right now and that shit would have hits galore.

43. landlord Says:

b-ease Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:34 pm
    juelz has no message and no direction.

The truth is often painful.

————

he just had that ill voice and delivery

on 2 albums

Diplomatic Immunity 1
    From me To You

what has happened to him since is inne of the great mysteries of hiphop..

i guess since he had no message he just ran out of shit to say

44. Jersey*made*me Says:

456 Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:33 pm
    I thought those were called barns/stalls.

camel fancy huh?

^jersey’s house is made of the garden state’s best formica

Oh brother,not today Tah Tah.

45. musicman10 Says:

I can fux with the new jeezy…… maybe he isnt done… or maybe im trippin…..

46. LaneKiffin*CainSniffin*LaneSwitchin* Says:

LOL @ Nikki EVER stuntin on KIm

let her release a “Hardcore” first..

^^^^^^666
    i know right, the hype around this bitch is uncalled for. They say she a female Wayne and its true, she mad over rated.

47. CiCi The Intern Says:

Mac Brown Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Ahhhhh!!! *groupie screams*

“play tag with her uterus” is a part of my lexicon. Bless you.

Young Handjob the Unholy

I think mcb posted that as a wack rap name and I cried for at least a half hour.

49. ghost writer Says:

Charles Oakley Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:34 pm

My life’s crazy…like Obama’s

My face?! Got the fuck you precks..

#Swizzbookofrhymes

50. RIGZ Says:

“diamond cluster hustler”

Biggie penning that whole shit & spitting a reference for her to copy (which she did to a TEE), gives Kim unfair advantage…lol

51. Deen Says:

I’m no Nikki supporter, but have we all agreed to give Kim the credit for Hardcore, since we all know that Biggie wrote ALL that shit?

52. Charles Oakley Says:

remix
    youtube.com/watch?v=x_lMihSKkgA

53. Big_seth Says:

ghost writer Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:34 pm
    what up

Seth shit on this cover yet?

LOL. no need. It shit on itself.

Yo, I’m almost done with my first beat since I started back up. What’s you email again. I’ll send it over so you can critique it.

54. Remixznflow Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Young Handjob the Unholy

wait.. what?

55. D_Block_4_Life Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 11:11 am
    And yes, people do think Kanye is a good rapper.
    ==============================
    They are wrong.
    So not even a good rapper at all? So a man that people say has classics, isn’t a at the very least a good rapper? And i don’t care if anyone wrote for him, I’m talking about his ability to deliver music on a beat. No on ever said he was a lyricist.

56. CiCi The Intern Says:

RIGZ Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:38 pm
    “diamond cluster hustler”

Yes, I’m aware that Big wrote that … dammit.

But shit, her voice made that shit pop though…

57. Charles Oakley Says:

I’m from the Chi, you from the Apple like Fiona

#YEEZYgems

58. ghost writer Says:

Oh, you fancy huh?

#Swizzbookofrhymes

59. mcb Says:

D. Billz Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:37 pm
    Young Handjob the Unholy

I can’t recall, but I’ll take credit ahhaha.

i do remember that day though, hilarious.

still waiting for MC Butler.

I make your bed, just like Geoffrey,
    im your chauffer, drive the Bentley.

60. D_Block_4_Life Says:

That College Dropout Kanye doesnt exist anymore. His bars are waaayyy better now
    Word

61. landlord Says:

yeah so what…, niggas think Minaj writes her own shit?

62. Big_seth Says:

My life’s crazy…like Obama’s

My face?! Got the fuck you precks..

#Swizzbookofrhymes

LMAO. That verse has many GEMS

63. Remixznflow Says:

katt stacks needs to go on ahead… and make the ‘movie’….

just make the movie… gon’ head…

64. ghost writer Says:

Big_seth Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:38 pm
    ghost writer Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:34 pm
    what up

Seth shit on this cover yet?

LOL. no need. It shit on itself.

Lol this guy

notu345 at gmail

65. RIGZ Says:

But shit, her voice made that shit pop though…

Whats crazy is, Biggie actually spits the bars better than Kim. Its just eerie hearing him spit from a chick’s perspective…And kinda homo lol

66. RIGZ Says:

# landlord Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:40 pm

yeah so what…, niggas think Minaj writes her own shit?

I do.

67. landlord Says:

all these broads got ghostwriters..

its a proven fact that chicks cant read and write as good

thats why they cook and look nice

68. JihaD Says:

b-ease Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:34 pm
    juelz has no message and no direction.

The truth is often painful.

————

he just had that ill voice and delivery

on 2 albums

Diplomatic Immunity 1
    From me To You

what has happened to him since is inne of the great mysteries of hiphop..

i guess since he had no message he just ran out of shit to say

I Can’t Feel My Face and Cam getting real-life ethered by Tru Life and 50 (Dipset appearing on stage with 50) ruined Juelz career. He was a platinum solo artist Def Jam was setting up to be their next big talent. Wayne blew up and aligned himself with Juelz, then the Cam incidents happened, Cam put a stop to his buzz by not allowing him to release music, and by the time he got out of that Dipset contract, nobody cared about him anymore. He should have got active after BBB- I remember him and Banks talking about some of the record for The Reagan Era, but it never popped off.

JihaD

69. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

So what’s Lloyd Banks’ message?

Fab’s message?

Kanye’s message?

Jay Electronica’s message?

Y’all act like these rappers come with mission statements.

70. hl Says:

But shit, her voice made that shit pop though…

Word. No homo, but Biggie spitting Queen Bitch is ridiculously dope.

71. Big_seth Says:

Kanye is lyrical, and he is getting more so as time goes on.

Not many people can be lyrical, real/honest (with themselves), inspirational, and make all that pop.

Its a gift… plus he kills the beats. Ye is a musical genius.

# landlord Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:40 pm

yeah so what…, niggas think Minaj writes her own shit?

^I’m not her biggest fan but I think she does. After seeing/hearing that “Warning” video I was convinced she could actually rap but I’m just not a major fan. Her previous butch-dykeness might have somethin’ to do with that. But is she close to Kim? No. It depends on if someone cares about ghostwritten raps to use that as a platform. When it comes to FeMC’s you just never know.

73. landlord Says:

nicki minaj aint saying shit that needs to be written down anyway..

Kim was spitting flammable bars on Hardcore..

regardless of who wrote it…

let Nicki spit some shit like that… first

74. hl Says:

So what’s Lloyd Banks’ message?

Fab’s message?

Kanye’s message?

Jay Electronica’s message?

Y’all act like these rappers come with mission statements.

Kanye & Jay Elec definately have something to say. Not on every song. But overall they really do.

75. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

# RIGZ Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:41 pm

But shit, her voice made that shit pop though…

============================================
    Kinda?

This nigga said “throw lips to the shit, handle it like a real bitch”

FOH

76. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

landlord Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:42 pm
    all these broads got ghostwriters..

its a proven fact that chicks cant read and write as good

thats why they cook and look nice

actually chicks “read and write” way better then men, men are usually better in the math and science…..

How many women u see in borders and barnes and nobles..now how many men…i rest my case

77. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

landlord Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:42 pm
    all these broads got ghostwriters..

its a proven fact that chicks cant read and write as good

thats why they cook and look nice

# landlord Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:42 pm

all these broads got ghostwriters..

its a proven fact that chicks cant read and write as good

thats why they cook and look nice

^ 720 ether

79. RIGZ Says:

Of course Kim < Nicki tho

I aint saying otherwise…Im just saying Kim had BIGGIE. Biggie. Thats a very big factor (no pun)

80. hl Says:

Kinda?

This nigga said “throw lips to the shit, handle it like a real bitch”

FOH

lmao

81. JihaD Says:

RIGZ Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:38 pm
    “diamond cluster hustler”

Biggie Ghosting for Kim>>>>>>>Camel Ghosting for Fox

For real, though. Kim’s voice made those songs amazing.

JihaD

82. Jersey*made*me Says:

nicki minaj aint saying shit that needs to be written down anyway..

Kim was spitting flammable bars on Hardcore..

regardless of who wrote it…

let Nicki spit some shit like that… first

BINGO!

83. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

======================================
    They say what sounds good but there is no central message motivating their music.

Don’t drink the Kool Aid.

84. Tong Po Flo Says:

Regina Hall

^Awww Man *Uncle Murder voice*

^ You aint even lying, she is scrumptious and she funny what better woman is there

85. landlord Says:

———–

this is white man lies perpetuated by western civilization and very far from the truth..

FACT

86. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

nicki minaj aint saying shit that needs to be written down anyway..

Kim was spitting flammable bars on Hardcore..

regardless of who wrote it…

let Nicki spit some shit like that… first

BINGO!

But you have to understand, with lil kim and foxy brown they had THE TOP 3 MCS OF ALL TIME writing their music

jayz
    biggie
    nas

87. CiCi The Intern Says:

Still sexist either way.

88. CiCi The Intern Says:

And Land… shut up.

89. Tong Po Flo Says:

all these broads got ghostwriters..

its a proven fact that chicks cant read and write as good

thats why they cook and look nice

^ where’s my sandwiche ether

90. Jersey*made*me Says:

jayz
    biggie
    nas

Gloria’s a funny nigga. So much for in no particular order huh? LOL

91. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

landlord Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:48 pm

———–

FACT

I am talking about what i see everyday and what the numbers are in school today….

Shout out to black women killing black males when it comes to college and the prof. world…lazy ass niggas, spend all day on fantasy football, why chicks getting mba’s

92. JihaD Says:

landlord Says:
    September 28th, 2010 at 12:44 pm
    nicki minaj aint saying shit that needs to be written down anyway..

Kim was spitting flammable bars on Hardcore..

regardless of who wrote it…

let Nicki spit some shit like that… first

This. Nicki couldn’t rap like that if Kim gave Nicki those same reference tracks and let he re-record Hardcore.

JihaD

93. landlord Says:

no homo

but men are stronger in every intellectual and physical and spiritual capacity than women

FACT

94. 456 Says:

i’m a kim fan. but nicki is on some elektra shit: murkin her mother.

95. landlord Says:

———-

nuff said

96. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Still sexist either way.

its a fact…

Ok, listen is it racist to say us blacks are gifted more in sports???

97. D_Block_4_Life Says:

I’m not her biggest fan but I think she does
    Me too

98. Jersey*made*me Says:

SMH. Fuck Princeton huh?

99. landlord Says:

456 Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:50 pm
    i’m a kim fan. but nicki is on some elektra shit: murkin her mother

————

Mikki Minaj is the black Cyndi Lauper..

and shell be gone just as quick

100. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

landlord Says:

September 28th, 2010 at 12:50 pm
    no homo

FACT

Thats why we are so smart, but EVERY great man downfall was because a woman got the best of him…..

get outta here with that b.s, in 2010 niggas are real dumb, women are so advanced in this world when it comes to my race its a shame

101. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says: