Video: Asher Roth – G.R.I.N.D. (Get Ready It’s A New Day)

[media id=80]

via MotionDose

Off Asher’s sophomore LP, The Spaghetti Tree. Asher’s interview with DJ Skee after the jump.

He explains the meaning behind the “Spaghetti tree” title and lists producers: Nottz, DJ Khalil, Ryan Leslie, Don Cannon, Oren Yoel, etc. He also says to expect him on N.E.R.D.’s “Hot N Fun” Remix.

Previously: Asher Roth & Nottz Raw – Enforce The Law | Asher Roth – G.R.I.N.D. (Get Ready It’s A New Day) [prod. 1500 Or Nothin’] | Video: Asher Roth & Pharrell in the Studio

580 Responses to “Video: Asher Roth – G.R.I.N.D. (Get Ready It’s A New Day)”

1. b Says:

“if you wanna shoot me you can usually catch me, on the way to cop a loosey and a 2 liter pepsi.” Slaughter

^^^who is slaughter?he got shit on dat piff?

2. 007 Says:

Jihad=a readable documentary on philly rap scene past and present

Someone come up w a title. Im a lil off right now

^Nah, i fucked with Babs and Ness on that bonnie and clyde tip. I think they could have had something going there.

^ They are the only two that had potential. But Puff is all about image and Babs wasn’t gonna make it but so far. I woulda hit though. Non-related.

4. Don Vincenzo Says:

Although Spade O is hands down best Philly rapper besides Beans to me… Slaughter HAD it… wordplay, crazy flows… You hear Jihad, Meek thats Slaughter all in there

5. JihaD Says:

DC (District of Chase) Says:
    September 3rd, 2010 at 12:05 pm
    Straight up, JihaD does know everything about phily rap.

Philly was really the first city with the dvds, so a lot of that shit came straight outta the horses mouth. plus, I got fam and ol heads all over the city, so niggas stay with war stories once you light up.

@bsg- whats up with this song? you still interested in collabing?

JihaD

6. b Says:

dos equis Says:
    September 3rd, 2010 at 12:07 pm
    # Don Vincenzo Says:
    September 3rd, 2010 at 12:05 pm

yo my nigga BSG told shorty she should fall through like a wet tissue
    God save the queen then I hit her wit my sex pistol (pause)

*Daps*

^^you got new music out nigga? you keeping your shit secrets now?

link or die

^^^of all the nah spittas im most impressed by this guy.

7. b Says:

^^^of all the nah spittas im most impressed by this guy.(nfbm)

8. Don Vincenzo Says:

you got new music out nigga? you keeping your shit secrets now?

link or die
    LMAO!

mediafire.com/?zahiar7v2ngiwyg

9. Black Says:

Real rap. Slaughter Rico fathered a lot of these philly niggas styles, especially niggas like meek and peedi.

JihaD

^^^^^^^^

Add Jihad(no pun) to that list and your absolutely right. All of em are cut from the same cloth.

10. Troyvul Says:

I aint hating or nothing, cause for a commentor this is great one continuous post. BUT no new music and its PAST noon. Makes for the arguement that the commentors really make this site what it is

11. b Says:

Don Vincenzo Says:
    September 3rd, 2010 at 12:08 pm

^^^why i aint heard of slaughter?

Philly was really the first city with the dvds,

^ On MAMA, about 5 or 6 years ago I used to be in Patapsco Flea Market huntin’ them Philly dvd’s DOWN. I gave ’em all away to my manz from around the way right before he went to the Navy. Hollow Man used to scare the shit outta me.

I fucked with Bugsy too. I actually thought he was gonna get signed. Cyserro was killin’ shit. I started fuckin’ with Meek and Reed Dollaz shortly afterward.

# Don Vincenzo Says:
    September 3rd, 2010 at 12:08 pm

^ Outside of Ab Liva fuckin’ with ReUp Gang, I never really fucked with the Major Figgas like that (sans Gillie). Their beef with SP led to my bias.

Also, I think Sandman is the best in Philly right now. I don’t know WHAT the fuck happened with him and the Clipse but he need to be back on ReUp. For real.

14. G7 Says:

Troyvul Says:

September 3rd, 2010 at 12:12 pm

====
    just remembered them Kanye GOOD Friday tracks. I wonder what he’s dropping today?

15. Don Vincenzo Says:

@bsg- whats up with this song? you still interested in collabing?
    Yessir… You got a beat or you tryna build from scratch?

16. JihaD Says:

b Says:
    September 3rd, 2010 at 12:07 pm

^^^who is slaughter?he got shit on dat piff?

Nah, Rico don’t got nothing on datpiff.. that shit wasnt even around when he got started. matter of fact, i dont think he dropped a tape period. you can find some of his songs on youtube and a bunch of his battles. I agree with bsg, though, he was probably the dopest nigga in philly, bar none. his style was hard as shit to emulate. most niggas was rappng like Reed (studder step, back and forth flow) or Cass (punchlines with the long ass ending bar). meek went from reed flow to rico and thats what blew him up…

JihaD

17. dos equis Says:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllll pulll upppppppppppp

*daps jihad for remembering me about my slaughter stannism* ntfp

“If I dont die by the gun then itll probably be from emphesimia”(sic)

18. Big_seth Says:

D. Billz Says:
    September 3rd, 2010 at 12:08 pm
    Babs wasn’t gonna make it but so far. I woulda hit though. Non-related.

*barfs*

On my way to a wine festival a few months back, someone pointed out to me that Sandman did all the hooks for them ReUp shits. He was literally the glue of the group. That’s why he dropped that “Anchor” vid as the first song off his mixtape when he cut ties. He really did hold them down as a group.

“yerrrrrrrrroooooooooo… CANNNONNNNNNNNNNNS”

20. DC (District of Chase) Says:

^I get the weird vibe that today’s track is gonna be some shit out of left field

21. JihaD Says:

megaupload.com/?d=EOAYBXDB

both slaughter rico mixtapes

JihaD

22. dos equis Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=dv2rl9bmCfM&feature=related

5 dollar nigga – Slaughter

23. Troyvul Says:

Who knows.

24. JihaD Says:

Don Vincenzo Says:
    September 3rd, 2010 at 12:14 pm
    @bsg- whats up with this song? you still interested in collabing?
    Yessir… You got a beat or you tryna build from scratch?

I got some beats we can bounce back and forth.. I also have some ref tracks i finished up if u just wanna do a verse.

JihaD

25. Don Vincenzo Says:

Understandable… But even in that beef Spade was knockin niggas heads off… and I quote:

“What about Oschino? I mean what about Oschino he used to rock Moschinos/ Them jeans that was tight in the ass…”

Thats all i can really remember but Spade was goin in… that Enemy of the State was incredible on some real shit… Even Gillie was goin heads up against Beans I think he knocked the nigga out too if memory serves me right… Jihad I know u know the ins and outs of that situation

26. G7 Says:

pew nost nigras

27. JihaD Says:

Black Says:
    September 3rd, 2010 at 12:11 pm

JihaD

^^^^^^^^

real rap, joey used to have reeds flow, claiming he was the first nigga wit it. then he got all animated like rico later. if you watch the knockout, you can see him start the reed dollazs back and forth sway as he gets into his flos rhythm.

JihaD

28. 007 Says:

I dont fuck w Slaughterhouse mainly bcuz of Joe. Never a fan of his. I think Joelz is aight. Never fucked wit Crooked or da other nigga. Maybe im losin but fuck it its like a movie if i dont see it in the 1st week or 2 then chances are i prolly not goin see it. Word to tryna check dat Takers this wknd

29. dos equis Says:

megaupload.com/?d=EOAYBXDB

both slaughter rico mixtapes

JihaD

*daps*

___

youtube.com/watch?v=edv08-FqOMs

Spittage freestlye

^^Yo Jihad you rate Spittage? ..that was the nigga too..the original “smack ya kufi” nigga

30. Nah Right » Asher Roth ft. Akon – Last Man Standing (Snippet) Says:

[…] AKON AND ASHER ROTH from Asher’s forthcoming second album, same overall theme as his last single. […]