Video: 9th Wonder Talks “T.R.O.Y.”

9th tells XXL that “T.R.O.Y.” is his favorite song of all time. Today happens to mark the 20th anniversary of the death of Trouble T-Roy, which was the catalyst for Pete Rock and CL Smooth to record their timeless tribute. XXL also spoke to DJ Eddie F, G-Whiz, CL Smooth about their fallen friend.

Previously: Pete Rock & CL Smooth – T.R.O.Y. (Live @ Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival)

34 Responses to “Video: 9th Wonder Talks “T.R.O.Y.””

1. Troyvul Says:

TROY

2. why? Says:

I think I kind of sort of might understand Lil B. Dude is stupid but his dumbassness is getting attention. SMH at the gay rhymes though.

“Hoes on my dick cuz I look like grandma damn based god figurine like santa.”
    “Im so beautiful I look like moses I look like Fabio young tan handsome bitches on my dick cuz I look like Marilyn Manson I look like Bill Gates mixed with Obama.”
    “Licorice necklace I look like Madonna riding in my car and I looks like a Rasta”
    “Hoes on my dick cuz I look like Jesus”
    “hoes on my dick cuz i payed for the butt-cheeks, girls on my nuts look i look like whole wheat, baby nuts brandon came with the gloc ”
    “Then I realize the power…of jacking off every hour…”
    “Bullets spread ova ya body fast like cancer, now you in tha sky like Pisces and Cancers”
    “woo woo woo woo”

3. mcb Says:

why?

why? ar eyou talking about him then.
    talk=more chatter
    more cahtter=more attention
    ________________________

TROY>

4. GMLLZ Says:

“The rap-star customer thing? We love it, it’s great, but it’s also a passing thing.” —Anonymous Bentley official

5. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

Nah is still 5 minutes behind 2DB.

6. rex hussla Says:

I had a ill painting class at the Art Institute taught by this super hippy older white ladyin her 60’s. So one day, we had a exercise where everybody brought a song to be played for the class, no talking, just paint how the music made you feel. I brought T.R.O.Y. and the teacher almost passed out. She was like “this is one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard”. Maaaan she was buggin’ like “sorry class, do you mind if we listen again?” and brought it back 4 times in a row.

7. Remixznflow Says:

i agree… one of the BEST songs ever created in the history of MUSIC…

*straight face*

8. mcb Says:

rex hussla Says:

July 15th, 2010 at 3:03 pm
    That shit speaks volumes, that story about the song.
    i bet i paly this for my parents, and they’d dig it.

shit i might have to do that.

9. Remixznflow Says:

# rex hussla Says:
    July 15th, 2010 at 3:03 pm

thats when you know its good.. when it connects with EVERYONE…

10. 007 Says:

Why do niggas really be talkin bout this Lil B dude. Like hes trash seriously.
    Oj Da Juice>>>Lil B
    Dude just be sayin anything literally

11. why? Says:

why?

why? ar eyou talking about him then.
    talk=more chatter
    more cahtter=more attention

Not firing shots just trying to understand the whole Lil B phenomenon fuckery.

12. Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:

Lil B drops gems hidden behind all the comedy and “hoes on my dick lines”

13. syntax Says:

its happenin Penny Lane, just like you said

i avoided the straight route and went gay instead (II)

uh uuuuuuuuuhhhh

*fuckin dead*

14. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

Lil B drops gems hidden behind all the comedy and “hoes on my dick lines”
    ==========================================
    No he doesn’t

15. Suaveebolaetc.etc. Says:

Why do niggas really be talkin bout this Lil B dude. Like hes trash seriously.
    Oj Da Juice>>>Lil B
    Dude just be sayin anything literally

This much is true – but the Budden diss was the case of even a broken clock being right twice a day.

16. why? Says:

tiny.cc/sslb6

rofl.

Killa gifs >>>

17. rex hussla Says:

I just saw Pete Rock do a DJ set a month back…was debating if I should bring my full color “TROY” original print vinyl to the show to get signed. Decided not to because I didn’t want to be the dude holding a record all night and def. would have felt like a jackass if he didn’t even sign shit. Sure enough, Pete was mad cool and signed everybody’s shit after the set SMMFH.

18. mcb Says:

yo suave
    nh,
    i like that expression, broken clock right twice a day, i dont thin i heard that before. might have to use it.

19. 007 Says:

^Yea you right. It aint hard to smoke some fire n go in the booth and say anything. Sometime youll get it right. If Lil B blows(homo obviously) then I think im quittin my career and pickin up the mic. Fuck it I got a shot too.

20. AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:

# mcb Says:
    July 15th, 2010 at 3:13 pm

yo suave
    nh,
    ===================================
    I hate you and everything your lack of general knowledge represents.

21. mcb Says:

rex hussla Says:

July 15th, 2010 at 3:12 pm
    AHHHH I been there before,
    just so shitty tobe that dude right, holding a vinyl, plus imgiane if something happened to it.
    although if i see wu, im geting my 36 chambers signed haha

22. Remixznflow Says:

# AmpGeez a.k.a. Smoke Greene Says:
    July 15th, 2010 at 3:16 pm

# mcb Says:
    July 15th, 2010 at 3:13 pm

yo suave
    nh,
    ===================================
    I hate you and everything your lack of general knowledge represents.

well said… well said….

23. b Says:

if head ice couldm translate that swag to good music he might sound like something.cool cat too

24. rex hussla Says:

My boy was thinking…gave a waitress $5 to stash like 4 diff records for him. She brought them out to him at the end of the set and he got them all signed…ill shit too…both Soul Survivors, Straighten It Out Single and a couple others. Again SMMFH.

25. Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:

No he doesn’t
    =========
    i know but it’s funny when people actually by that bullshit and start vouching for him

26. mcb Says:

rex hussla Says:

July 15th, 2010 at 3:18 pm
    thats some smart thinkin right there. damn, only if u can trust them obv, but for real. thats thinking ahead.
    ________

27. b Says:

Cashmere Cavalli aka Snowbunny Sampson Says:
    July 15th, 2010 at 3:18 pm
    No he doesn’t
    =========

lol

28. 007 Says:

Dam I just seen the video of dude lumpin up Lil B.

Dammmmmmmmmm he fucked dat nigga up right quick

29. Big_seth Says:

rex hussla Says:
    July 15th, 2010 at 3:12 pm

LOL. I know that feeling. I always convince myself not to bring anything cuz I don’t want it to get messed up or look like a groupie (c) casket

30. KzA Says:

work instant messanger >>>>

flirting with two girls in the same cubicle and they dont even know it >>

31. KzA Says:

work instant messanger >>>>

flirting with two girls in the same cubicle and they dont even know it >>

32. WilliamJacob Says:

SMH @ the gucci mane mag in the background

33. elgindotcom Says:

I remember recording over a cassette single and replacing it with T.R.O.Y on both sides so I could just keep the song on repeat in my walkman. Positively one of the greatest hiphop songs ever

34. Nah Right » Video: Pete Rock & CL Smooth to re-release Mecca & The Soul Brother Says:

[…] 9th Wonder Talks “T.R.O.Y.” (Video) | Pete Rock & CL Smooth – T.R.O.Y. (Live @ Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival) […]