Audio: Jay-Z Interview w/ Fox Sports News

jay-z-lebron-james

Before the Cleveland Cavaliers were eliminated from the NBA Playoffs by the Boston Celtics last night, Jay-Z called into his buddy Stephen A. Smith’s show on Fox Sports News earlier in the day to discuss the series from the stand-point of a fan of the game, how Lebron matched up against a well rested Boston team, the future of the New Jersey Nets as they have a new head owner, and the question that’s on everyone’s mind right now: where’s Lebron going next year?

smith_jay-z_lebron_cavs

smith_jay-z_lebron_nets

Full story here.

98 Responses to “Audio: Jay-Z Interview w/ Fox Sports News”

1. moneyray aka i comment on nahright so fuck 50 Says:

lebron lost for delonte west fucking his moms

2. Smooth Says:

Esc key > Eskay

3. D_Block_4_Life Says:

What about the stories of alleged physical abuse you inflicted on Guru?

When Guru was well, he stayed in the gym. He wasn’t nobody’s punk or someone who was going to be smacked around. We got into some things at times, but I always got the worst end of it, trust me.
    Lol and smh

4. Hopp Says:

Esc key > Eskay

lol

5. baby jesus Says:

son you niggas are reallly slippin, like posting shit 6 hours late

6. Skinny Says:

moneyray aka i comment on nahright so fuck 50 Says:

lebron lost for delonte west fucking his moms

____________

*returns from google*

OH NO! OH NO NO NO

i nominate this delonte west lebron shit for worst urban legend ever in history

8. Mr.Londoner Says:

# baby jesus Says:
    May 14th, 2010 at 7:42 pm

son you niggas are reallly slippin, like posting shit 6 hours late
    =-=–=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Yeah but do they have great introductions written by nation/eskay/dre?

9. The Shot Clock Says:

he going to Chi-town.

comin to NY would be to mix biz wit pleasure….bad move.

10. Eastern_Digital aka Nahright's Fantasy Football champ Says:

he going to Chi-town.

comin to NY would be to mix biz wit pleasure….bad move.

nah he aint cuz the Chi is Jordan’s turf.

11. C. Dufflebags Says:

cam’s freestyle over steady mobbin >>>

i can’t believe dudes never went over that beat

12. C. Dufflebags Says:

yeah we at your wife house
    no surf board, but yes i’m gettin wiped oooooouuuuut
    damn she got a wild mouth
    niggas on the run use her crib as a hideoooouuut

13. Eastern_Digital aka Nahright's Fantasy Football champ Says:

yeah we at your wife house
    no surf board, but yes i’m gettin wiped oooooouuuuut
    damn she got a wild mouth
    niggas on the run use her crib as a hideoooouuut

sounds like a diss to French/Max B.

Honestly, I think the most plausible explanation for the whole conspiracy theory movement/industry is that all of those wealthy shot caller types are planting these fantastic theories themselves so as to distract us from the much more pedestrian, but equally evil, shit that they’re really doing. Namely, keeping us poor and themselves rich. I don’t really see it being much deeper than that.

^ Fucking Aye eskay… glad to see you’re back writing, I guess all the whining about all nah does is copy and paste blah blah blah, you’re about to shut down.

15. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Eastern_Digital Aka Nahright’s Fantasy Football Champ
    8 mins ago
    yeah we at your wife house
    no surf board, but yes i’m gettin wiped oooooouuuuut
    damn she got a wild mouth
    niggas on the run use her crib as a hideoooouuut

sounds like a diss to French/Max B.

dam. I just caught that… Also the new head skit one of the funniest in a while

19. Abortatron Says:

I can’t believe all the hate being slung @ jay elec for his rza remark. Weren’t the internets just calling this dude a savior to hip hop a couple months ago?

20. Rome Says:

Fucking Aye eskay… glad to see you’re back writing,

Word. I wasn’t around for the “Old Nah” but keep that shit coming. Pause.

21. Mr.Londoner Says:

Dem doods at “VIBE” need to get people that were in the “Golden Age” era to interview Super-Producer Solar because these interviewers obviously don’t give a fuck.. about Guru death..

22. Troyvul Says:

Solar Addresses Twitter/E-mail Hacker
    This is a prime example of domestic violence

23. Shooter Says:

” I just hope that this is just another case of a celebrity being targeted at random.” – Solar

smh

24. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

Delonte’s brother gave me a c’mon son when he heard about the rumor

25. PW Says:

Damn… My lurk game is that far behind? Eskay’s commenting again, or is this just a one-off thing?

inb4 mother jokes.

26. joffe jo Says:

^^^^^^^^^^

niggas in the net are fickle

27. baby jesus Says:

LF + Latepass : that juelz and weezy “homerun” shit kind of slaps

28. SuperCommenter BK Strong Says:

I dry humped Lebrons Mom in the 3rd grade

Video: Talib Kweli Speaks on Illuminati Theories

^ you rang?

30. SuperCommenter BK Strong Says:

Plies sure didn’t Look “GOON AFFILIATED” in that clip with Jamie Foxx when 40 Glock and his homies rushed that video shoot.

31. PW Says:

I think if i never listen to a new hip hop song from this day on, I’ll be quite fine.

32. Troyvul Says:

LF + Latepass : that juelz and weezy “homerun” shit kind of slaps
    I’m sayin

33. baby jesus Says:

and that fab mixtape is weeaakkk

34. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

baby jesus Says:
    May 14th, 2010 at 10:50 pm
    and that fab mixtape is weeaakkk
    ============

^^ co-sign…..terrible beat selection aside from “Suicide” and the street fam niggas stunk it up

35. baby jesus Says:

na that jeezy beat from mr. rip is kinda crazy, youre buggin

36. sleep Says:

For somebody who owns 1% of a team jay_z is talked about way too much. If lebron goes to the nets jay better demand he own atleast 25% of the team. Damm the hawks coach got fired and clevland coach is next. The black man stay getting the short end of the stick (n/h)

37. sleep Says:

I’ll take that back cause I read most nba team lose money. I read the cavs lost 20 mill last season even with lebron selling out the arena every night. rich people own sports teams just for bragging right its not a great business plan.

38. kelito-vision Says:

PW Says:

May 14th, 2010 at 10:30 pm

this…

39. The Shot Clock Says:

still lol @ JE sharing his address and phone number over the air.

40. Hopp Says:

still lol @ JE sharing his address and phone number over the air.

Haha Word …

41. sealsaa Says:

sleep Says:

May 14th, 2010 at 11:18 pm
    For somebody who owns 1% of a team jay_z is talked about way too much.

He’s just a face that they put out there to grab people’s attention. Nothing more than a walking marketing ploy. No one’s interested in the rich jews that really own the team. Kobe’s probably the highest payed player in the game, but David Stern is the white man that signs his checks. Who would you rather be?

42. sealsaa Says:

The Shot Clock Says:

May 15th, 2010 at 12:28 am
    still lol @ JE sharing his address and phone number over the air.

Now that we have the umpteen freestyles, nonsensical interviews, and his home address, hows about he put out a fucking album?

43. G7 Says:

>>how Lebron matched up against a well rested Boston team, the future of the New

====
    Cavs and Boston both played the same amount of games in the first round…OHF!

44. Mr. Iceberg slim Says:

sealsaa Says:

May 15th, 2010 at 12:31 am
    sleep Says:

May 14th, 2010 at 11:18 pm
    For somebody who owns 1% of a team jay_z is talked about way too much.

^&^^^^^

Curious how much of a team do you own??? or better yet that telamarketing gig u hustle own, do u own some of that??

45. sealsaa Says:

Catching feelings? Is that you, Bleek? Fact: He owns the lowest share, but he’s doing all of the PR. He’s a face.

46. rocstar Says:

the owners are payin kobe dummy

and PR or not, he owns a peice of a ball team.

47. Shooter Says:

SMH @ Jimmy Valentime, of all people, running Bol’s blog for him while he’s away

48. 456 Says:

if “flashing” is any indication detox is gonna be fire. how do niggas question the master?

49. moresickaMC Says:

Sports is used to bamboozle naive folk

50. oh4werd Says:

saturdays aint shit on nahright compared to yesterday….schitzophrenic bloggers, kay slay vs jay electronica, questionable respect for paposse as an emcee, friday ethers.

jus recopped god’s son and lost tapes yesterday, gettin that DR on tuesday and Reflection Eternal

51. oh4werd Says:

papoose>paposse

52. Eastern_Digital aka Nahright's Fantasy Football champ Says:

Shout out to the Flyers btw.

53. oh4werd Says:

word but 40 glocc dont look too “thug” poppin up wit 40 niggas on set either

54. Charles Oakley Says:

paposse > papoose

55. oh4werd Says:

i kno some of u JE stans called him up lol

56. Charles Oakley Says:

lost tapes>>>

57. oh4werd Says:

lost tapes>>>

cosign…that cd aged well, cant say the same for illmatic

58. oh4werd Says:

yo didnt anyone see robin hood? whats the verdict?

59. SeniorCivilian Says:

# oh4werd Says:
    May 15th, 2010 at 9:43 am

lost tapes>>>

cosign…that cd aged well, cant say the same for illmatic
    ^bullshit. Illmatic is timeless. Some of the songs on Lost Tapes have aged much better than others. I’m thinking of Doo Rags specifically.

60. SeniorCivilian Says:

Wow finally got around to seeing Drake run away from titties. Dude is suspect but I think the response was overblown (no sir). It was a less a run and more shuffle to the side of the stage to get closer to some other fans.

61. oh4werd Says:

Na, its not really the lyrics i shoulda been more specific, his beats on illmatic jus dont dont have the same appeal(pause) that they used to. Yea i cosign the Doo Rags statement.

and as far as the drake thing goes…it was overblown reaction people but still y did he do that? its like he never seen titties b4

62. samsohn Says:

i think the best track off the lost tapes has to be ‘nothing lasts forever’.

63. Shooter Says:

I hear this sentiment a lot and I absolutely do not agree

64. oh4werd Says:

I hear this sentiment a lot and I absolutely do not agree

to each his own…Nas is still GOAT status regardless. I jus peeped them interviews between Jay E and Kay Slay and im sidin wit Kay Slay. That nigga sound like a fool, like y u yellin? His stutterrin was beyond funny, nigga sound like a cd was skippin. That nigga needs more speech classes

65. oh4werd Says:

i think the best track off the lost tapes has to be ‘nothing lasts forever’.

thats a good song but i think Purple, Black Zombie, Fetus and Doo Rags are all better

66. samsohn Says:

‘nothing lasts forever’: no homo, that track just had a pretty solid impact on my life

67. Shooter Says:

Purple >>>

No Ideas Original >>

‘Fetus’ was kind of ruined for me when I realised he bit the concept off Pharaoh Monch

68. hl Says:

Purple >>>

No Ideas Original >>

Can Prince Po get a little credit too though?

69. oh4werd Says:

dam. never knew that and as far as No Idea’s Original i cosign that, was jus namin 4 off top.

70. oh4werd Says:

71. hl Says:

*stans it up*

Nah see…what had happened was…Nas bit Fetus on purpose and did a better version of the song, just to prove no idea’s original. Genuis.

72. Shooter Says:

*stans it up*

lol, I used similar rationalisations when I first found out

73. B Says:

I’m listening to that elzhi leftovers shit,dude is an incredible lyricists.nas the greatest and I feel like after it was written he dumbed it down kinda

74. hl Says:

I thought Pharoah’s Triology song sounded like it could have been inspired by Undying Love.

75. Shooter Says:

either way

Nas > Pharoah

76. oh4werd Says:

stans it up*

lol, I used similar rationalisations when I first found out

lol best explanation to be used, cosign 100%

77. oh4werd Says:

The devil’s a bitch, she fuckin wit me, testin me shit
    Malevolent tricks, I gotta be better than this
    And anybody who’s desperate to get
    Attention from blatant lies but we all embellish a bit
    Thats why i try to keep it real as possible
    But dodgin the media’s an obstacle when ya profitable
    Word to emcees whose pockets is full
    And the industry who got all of these rappers in the pocket, fools

78. hl Says:

I’m out…

79. Charles Oakley Says:

Pharoahe Monch – The Light (prod. by Diamond D)
    mediafire.com/?jhm52cgnnkw

Monch – The Light > Common – The Light

80. Hopp Says:

Monch – The Light > Common – The Light

Oh, word ? I gotta check that out later, them … Too bad MediaFire doesn’t preview.

81. oh4werd Says:

yo im listenin to that BOAB 2.5 and i fux wit it

82. Hopp Says:

then > them

83. oh4werd Says:

Camron and Vado>>>>

84. G7 Says:

>>Monch – The Light > Common – The Light

===
    that’s a tuffy

85. sealsaa Says:

B Says:

May 15th, 2010 at 10:56 am
    _____________________________________________

On some tracks. It still trumps Jay’s best album.

86. landlord Says:

Monch – The Light > Common – The Light

——————

word… easily

even though Common’s joint was really good… “The Light” is on the short list of Monch’s best songs ever…

87. landlord Says:

J.R.Writer – 6 minute freestyle

mediafire.com/?mj2luoothmy

88. landlord Says:

Camron & JR Writer >>>>>

89. landlord Says:

J.R.Writer – The Truth freestyle

mediafire.com/?ky0dtmnzjwg

90. landlord Says:

J.R.Writer – 9 minute freestyle

mediafire.com/?myzwuio5gdi

91. G7 Says:

tinyurl.com/38dqadv

lol @ Rihanna’s Moonwalk attempt. damn she’s talentless.

92. baby jesus Says:

lol @ Rihanna’s Moonwalk attempt. damn she’s talentless.

you actin like that shit easy doe

93. baby jesus Says:

lmao @ an artist being talentless because she cant moonwalk, maaaadddd niggas cant do that shit

94. baby jesus Says:

theres plenty of reasons y that bitch is talentless but not being able to moonwalk aint one of dem.

95. G7 Says:

baby jesus Says:

May 15th, 2010 at 12:43 pm
    lol @ Rihanna’s Moonwalk attempt. damn she’s talentless.

you actin like that shit easy doe

====
    When you plan to do something don’t you practice before doing it? That’s what rehearsal is for.

96. sleep AKA YOUR MANS NOT ME IM ON A HORSE Says:

if lebron goes to the nets watch james dolan accuse them of tampering

97. YBE Says:

# sealsaa Says:
    May 15th, 2010 at 12:33 pm

B Says:

May 15th, 2010 at 10:56 am
    _____________________________________________

On some tracks. It still trumps Jay’s best album.

^^^ LMAO … yeah right…

98. sowait Says:

# sleep Says:
    May 14th, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Yo those rich people report loses so as not to pay the taxes while the pocket millions don’t fool yourself them fuckers wouldn’t have a team if they weren’t profitting from it!