Video: MTV News’ Sway Interviews Solar

After the jump, Sway questions the legitimacy of the letter. He brings up the family’s statement and they discuss the charity organization as well as Guru’s relationship with his family. Then he’s asked about Guru’s last days and finally, how they found out he was sick and why his family wasn’t informed.

Previously: MTV News’ Sway Remembers Guru (Video)

120 Responses to “Video: MTV News’ Sway Interviews Solar”

1. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

___________________________________________________SOLAR=CockSUCKER!!!!

2. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

This Shit is not even worth the time to watch, this nigga is a Cocksucker.

3. Rick aka KING OF DA BOOM BAP BOMB STRAPPED TO MY CHEST ASKIN WHERE YA GOONZ AT? Says:

this ninja is fucking crazy. yo where jeru at?! call up freddie too.

4. Rey Says:

LOL @ the barrage of etheriffic comments aimed at Shyne’s haircut.

5. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

_______________________________________________MTV=aGATTDAMN_Joke!

6. ODEMIC Says:

some dude got arrested down here for fucking a pig.

7. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

__________________________________________SHYNES_HairCut > MTV

8. Dewill Says:

Real talk.. I luv all kinds of women also… I never thought the day would come for me to settle down… I kept a stallion in my stable..

9. Ghost Writer Says:

and if he ever physically abused him.

Damn he asked him that? Shouts to Joe Jackson

10. el feces loco Says:

^^whaut?

11. Rick aka KING OF DA BOOM BAP BOMB STRAPPED TO MY CHEST ASKIN WHERE YA GOONZ AT? Says:

lol, sway went in.

“your statemen…..i mean guru’s statement.”

12. atcq aka Kick ButtOWWWski Says:

–Wtf?

13. Joe 88 Says:

I call women bitches cause I just don’t care

the night before I was wit my homie and his soon to be wife riding, drinking & smoking and what not, they was playing some of there music and I said “yo, that bitch can sing” she looked in the backseat and said “that’s me yo” I said “oh, well you can sing” no i’m sorry, nothing, I just don’t care.

I don’t call em bitches to there face, just to my homeboys, lol

14. Dewill Says:

how come him and Guru look very much alike..?

15. atcq aka Kick ButtOWWWski Says:

Ghost Writer Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 10:41 am
    and if he ever physically abused him.

Damn he asked him that? Shouts to Joe Jackson

–LMAO

16. nation Says:

>> whaut?

17. b-ease Says:

Yea, Freddie said Solar was beating on Guru Harpo style.

Does Sway address the elephant in the room?

GangStarr >>>>>

18. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

atcq aka Kick ButtOWWWski Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 10:41 am

–Wtf?

Yea, asking a question like that Leads people to speculate that the “industry” knew or has info that Homosexuality is intertwine somehow & that Solar and Guru were lovers.

19. kevfrescura de talco Says:

listverse.com/2008/05/22/top-10-hottest-plus-sized-celebrities/

i’d beast a few of those girls OOUUUTTT!

#’s 3,5, and 6 ESPECIALLY!

20. landlord Says:

The Shot Clock Says:

April 22nd, 2010 at 10:35 am
    land stop it.

why i gotta either love every black women on the planet or i’m a sellout?

be real, son.

———-

nigga you be real… how is it sad that i find all different types of black women attractive?

remember, i didnt even see you nor address you, until you popped off abot how sad it was that i find different types of sisters attractive?

who needs to be real forreal?… in other words, STFU b … you barked up the wrong tree …

21. Dewill Says:

lol…I stil can’t believe hit let dude abuse him… Just the word abuse in relation to it happening to a grown ass man is weird..

22. Rick aka KING OF DA BOOM BAP BOMB STRAPPED TO MY CHEST ASKIN WHERE YA GOONZ AT? Says:

yo sway read these comments no doubt.

first question: you two homos or what?

23. atcq aka Kick ButtOWWWski Says:

Wtf Guru and Solar gay? the plot thickens

24. Joe 88 Says:

Dewill Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 10:42 am
    how come him and Guru look very much alike..?

^you know what they say about couples that been together for a long time, lol

25. Dewill Says:

still> stil

He > hit

26. Ghost Writer Says:

ODEMIC Says:

some dude got arrested down here for fucking a pig.

And you’re not embarrassed to say that?

27. parodi Says:

we don’t believe you, y’need more people!

28. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

@nate

LMAOOOOOOOOO @ “fuckolar”!!!

29. Joe 88 Says:

#’s 3,5, and 6 ESPECIALLY

^so you wouldn’t hit #9?

30. Johnny Cadelco Says:

This dude Solar got Sun Glasses on. Straight lies.

Shout out to Sway!

31. b-ease Says:

Dewill
    0 mins ago

Weird is not the best word to describe it. “Gay” is.

32. landlord Says:

Sway: “Did you BATHE him?…”

LMAO

33. The Shot Clock Says:

basically…the accusation has implications of its own. crazy.

34. parodi Says:

# Johnny Cadelco Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 10:46 am

This dude Solar got Sun Glasses on. Straight lies.

Shout out to Sway!

—————-

this is exactly what I’m SAYIN.

35. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

nation Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 10:42 am
    >> whaut?

twitter.com/BumpyKnuckles/status/12574501191

SMH, on some real shit, as a man & a supporter [ll] of gangstarr since i was in JR High, i can say that if Guru was a Homo, it is what it is, as a fan id rather get the truth as to what happend, then to be fed lies from the press. just out the truth whatever it is. Homo or not, that wont get me to delete the Gangstarr playlist OR destroy my old Gangstarr CDs. Regardless of who or what, GURU was a Ill fuckin [ll & no disrecpect] MC & He & Premo are legends.

36. el feces loco Says:

# Johnny Cadelco Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 10:46 am

This dude Solar got Sun Glasses on. Gay Straight lies.

Shout out to Sway!

*Fixed*

37. kevfrescura de talco Says:

so you wouldn’t hit #9?

yea but toco gotta wear socks. she got woodchip nerve endings on her feet.

38. Dewill Says:

That’s what I tell yall bout dude that wear sunglasses all the time.. They got something to hide..

39. el feces loco Says:

he did this just to get a rep

40. The Shot Clock Says:

yo sway read these comments no doubt.

first question: you two homos or what?

LOL

41. b-ease Says:

My sentiments EXACTLY.

42. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

el feces loco Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 10:50 am
    he did this just to get a rep

There it is!

43. atcq aka Kick ButtOWWWski Says:

Solar does seem like a homothug. Land do you feel any sort of “extra” hate towards him?

44. Chief Ali Says:

Dewill Says:

————-

muffled shots at the Notorious PIG?

*daps the bamma from another mamma*

45. RIGZ Says:

# el feces loco Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 10:50 am

he did this just to get a rep

All For The Cash

46. landlord Says:

i aint seen a nigga so obviously lying through his teeth since George Bush Jr was last on TV as President …

everything about his dispostion and demeanor screams “IM LYING”

47. RIGZ Says:

Cosign all of this.

48. kevfrescura de talco Says:

lol @ commissioning RJ for social litmus tests and gaydar data.

49. Chief Ali Says:

RIP Guru

50. landlord Says:

Chief Ali Says:

April 22nd, 2010 at 10:51 am
    Dewill Says:

————-

muffled shots at the Notorious PIG?

—————

nah… the notorious one wore them to cover-up his afflicted stray eyeball …

51. el feces loco Says:

^doesnt take this as shots at my grandpops, ray charles..or my aunt mary

52. RIGZ Says:

..in a Lexus truck , dressed up, word to dapper dan..
    Gold band on the hands like shazam..(DAMN!!)

53. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

lol @ commissioning RJ for social litmus tests and gaydar data.

LMAO

54. landlord Says:

kevfrescura de talco Says:

April 22nd, 2010 at 10:53 am

lol @ commissioning RJ for social litmus tests and gaydar data.

——-

word wtf?

55. Troyvul Says:

Getting Unlimited

56. atcq aka Kick ButtOWWWski Says:

My sentiments EXACTLY.

–youre growing

57. Ghost Writer Says:

Shyne is getting better for real…I can understand him now at least

58. b-ease Says:

nah… the notorious one wore them to cover-up his afflicted stray eyeball …

Word. Just like Aaliyah. Niggas forget about Aaliyah’s eye. That shit was in its own world.

59. b-ease Says:

–youre growing

Ayo.

60. The Shot Clock Says:

youre growing

pause

61. Cudder Says:

Joe 88 Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 10:41 am
    I call women bitches cause I just don’t care

I don’t call em bitches to there face, just to my homeboys, lo

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im dying right now

62. landlord Says:

Guru Underestimates Raw Uterus

63. CZ Says:

“Enchanted through solar panels, blast off like roman candles…”

Rza got down with Solar to?

64. Dewill Says:

nah… the notorious one wore them to cover-up his afflicted stray eyeball

He was talkin bout RAWSE.. I think..

65. Joe 88 Says:

^I never noticed that, wasn’t it one video where she had one eye covered? Well, she usually wore her hair over her eye anyway.

66. hip hop cops Says:

i’m saying, black gay guys need to take a cue from the whites and just come out when you’re in high school. get it out of the way and live your life. cuz this type of shit is disgusting

67. Dewill Says:

WOWzers…lol

68. el feces loco Says:

^I thought she had a cut or accident or something? I don’t remember her eye being that awkward.

*car just raced by playing “Let me know*

*takes that as a sign*

*plans to play Aaliyahs bday later in the numbers*

69. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Tell me yall seen this broad:

bossip.com/240329/who-looked-more-bangin-183/100420a1_ramirez_d_b-gr_03/

bossip.com/240329/who-looked-more-bangin-183/100420a1_ramirez_d_b-gr_02/

70. hip hop cops Says:

>>where she had one eye covered

word to left eye i miss that bitch

71. ODEMIC Says:

“Enchanted through solar panels, blast off like roman candles…”

Rza got down with Solar to?

*casket*

72. landlord Says:

Niggas forget about Aaliyah’s eye. That shit was in its own world.

————–

LMAO

the song “Back And Forth” was dedicated to her stray eyeball

73. b-ease Says:

It was during the early RKelly phase of her career up to like the One and A Million vid. It was corrected (whether self corrected or thru surgery I dont know) by the time she started doing movies tho.

74. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

hip hop cops Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 11:00 am

Or Move to atlanta.

75. kevfrescura de talco Says:

solar is right about that ‘partner’ issue tho. people only look suspect at that word cause of it being championed in the gay community.

subjective.

76. Chief Ali Says:

Notorious PIG = Bawse

77. landlord Says:

Dewill Says:

April 22nd, 2010 at 10:59 am
    nah… the notorious one wore them to cover-up his afflicted stray eyeball

He was talkin bout RAWSE.. I think..

———

LOL… oh..

well aint he cockeyed too?

i believe he is…

78. horsechoker Says:

listverse.com/2008/05/22/top-10-hottest-plus-sized-celebrities/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would take every one of these ladies to Fogo de Chao, California Pizza Kitchen or the Chinese Buffet of their choice!!!

79. atcq aka Kick ButtOWWWski Says:

SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 11:00 am
    Tell me yall seen this broad:

bossip.com/240329/who-looked-more-bangin-183/100420a1_ramirez_d_b-gr_03/

bossip.com/240329/who-looked-more-bangin-183/100420a1_ramirez_d_b-gr_02/

–RAAAASS Dania Ramirez?

80. el feces loco Says:

When she changed her hairstyle, Aaliyah took her mother’s advice to cover her left eye, much like Veronica Lake.[91]

81. Dewill Says:

Atlanta has a whole different breed of Queer Eyes… Something terrible..

82. Chief Ali Says:

Or Move to atlanta.

——-

nah, aint them niggas headquarters [ll] in San Francisco? send them there

83. landlord Says:

Roc Marciano – “Ridin Around” >

84. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

Solar means gay in 2010

85. b-ease Says:

subjective.

That’s true, but as far as I’m concerned gays won the fight for that word and I feel that’s common knowledge. If you gonna call a nigga your partner, the word “business” should be in front of it.

86. Beezy Says:

Ross got stabbed in the eye with a fork during a riot in the cafeteria whilest guarding the pen

87. landlord Says:

Atlanta is the black San Francisco

88. b-ease Says:

Or Move to atlanta.

——-

nah, aint them niggas headquarters [ll] in San Francisco? send them there

You aint heard Ali? Atlanta IS the new San Francisco.

89. Chief Ali Says:

i can’t even peep the video stills on nah, and i’ve never seen this Solaar cat…just did a google image search and damn near died…Homie is clearly getting his James Baldwin on

90. el feces loco Says:

If Aaliyah was alive there’d be no Rihanna

91. landlord Says:

——-

word…

i used to catch pharrell calling chad hugo his partner without using the business in front, and i always found that suspect, especially since they are actually business partners …

92. kevfrescura de talco Says:

“it’s logic. as long as its nobody thas in my click.”

93. Chief Ali Says:

You aint heard Ali? Atlanta IS the new San Francisco.

———

I heard. I refuse to accept it as truth though lol

94. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

b-ease Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 11:04 am

subjective.

Damn Right, Business PARTNER. and u better have contracts in hand to be EXTRA clear.

95. RIGZ Says:

# landlord Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 11:04 am

Roc Marciano – “Ridin Around” >

how he make that in 2010 tho..?

shout out Cryogenic Marc lol

96. landlord Says:

RIGZ Says:

April 22nd, 2010 at 11:08 am
    # landlord Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 11:04 am

Roc Marciano – “Ridin Around” >

how he make that in 2010 tho..?

shout out Cryogenic Marc lol

————-

the beat sounds like something Dilla would have made for Pharcyde or Common …

97. The Shot Clock Says:

this is all very upsetting.

98. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Chief Ali Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 11:07 am
    You aint heard Ali? Atlanta IS the new San Francisco.

———

I heard. I refuse to accept it as truth though lol

Yea, that shit is a fact. niggas wearin Pimps & handbags & shit. with all those teenage redbone strippers down there, niggas still cant win. Fuck down south. [ll]

99. PHD Says:

this just sad, will the DA get involved already!?

100. Beezy Says:

if Solar is a good gay lover he will throw himself in the coffin and be buried along with his boo

101. b-ease Says:

The Shot Clock Says:

April 22nd, 2010 at 11:09 am
    this is all very upsetting.

It actually kind of is. But like crazy said, if they (the hiphop media) just stopped avoiding the obvious truth, everybody could move on, and we could celebrate the music, instead of trying to figure out why Guru signed his life over to this weirdo.

102. nestle snipes Says:

hes a fuck boy

103. The Shot Clock Says:

true…this is gonna be the cloud that hangs over Guru’s legacy until this shit gets aired out properly. a shame

104. kevfrescura de talco Says:

The Shot Clock Says:

April 22nd, 2010 at 11:09 am
    this is all very upsetting.

this.

105. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

(lights cigar)
    (flicks ash)

….(Adolph Caesar Voice)…

…Ya’see, its “faggots” like that Solar that make it harder for homosexuals to come out & be open about who they are if it his or her choice… with all the lies & deception, sneaky shit. thats the shit that makes folk keep they kids & things away from’em…

(walks off)

106. London Bloke Says:

b-ease Says:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 11:05 am

You aint heard Ali? Atlanta IS the new San Francisco.

This comes across (n) suspect.

Like you tryna convince the Chief to come there on holiday this year with you instead of going San Fran

107. kevfrescura de talco Says:

true…this is gonna be the cloud that hangs over Guru’s legacy

and preem is still alive watching his stake get tarnished by suspect shit. sucks.

108. Digital Scales Says:

Was he physically abused?? What does that mean like was Solar beating Guru like a wifey?

109. RIGZ Says:

Nah, Gangstarr Legacy is Black Gold status

110. ODEMIC Says:

in 2010 “partner” is as gay a reference as the use of “gay” itself. we don’t believe you schmolar

111. Mr.Londoner Says:

Sway: “So these are his exact words”

Solar: “To the most part..”

…. really?!

112. Rome Says:

Wow. When this nigga responded to the Gay allegations, it was so suspect. I can’t believe this. Fuck.

I’m still not deleting my Gang Starr tracks, fuck that.

113. Sound Verite' Says:

Solar stupid-ass nigga will do anything….”JUST TO GET A REP”

114. L Says:

do you visit your homies fathers on fathers day……? reminding your homies it’s your father’s birthday??

115. Branson_Blunts Says:

SOLAR = BOOTY BANDIT

116. Knuckz Says:

GURU WAS GAY SON!!!

117. comehomenow Says:

“Sway sat down with Solar and asked him about the nature of his relationship with Guru, and if he ever physically abused him.”

Can’t believe how many of you are shocked by this. Let’s stop turning a blind eye in the hip hop community to gay rappers.

118. Van Sertima Says:

Stop!

I don’t want to hear no more. Their personal life is their own.

Just play the fucking music!

youtube.com/watch?v=GD8hhNtxPgs

smfh.

119. HomieBtothaJ Says:

what a fucking filthy, lying snake that dude.
    Fuck outta here, Guru didn’t wrote that shit

120. Ex-Slave Says:

Hmmmm. If you ask me if I was having sex with my same-sex friend that died days ago I’d struggle not punch you in the mouth. I’m not violent or homophobic. But I’d move. Man. I’ll always love Guru and I don’t care if he was gay or not – that man played a role in shaping my life.