Video: Drake’s Pre-Junos Interview w/ MuchMusic

Drake hosted a pre-Junos party for Red Bull yesterday and MuchMusic VJ Sarah Taylor got to speak to him about the new album Thank Me Later (fastforward to 1:30.)

After the jump he talks about being nominated in the Best New Artist, which he won btw, and going up against teen phenom Justin Bieber.

UPDATE: Drake’s So Far Gone EP also won Rap Recording of the Year.

121 Responses to “Video: Drake’s Pre-Junos Interview w/ MuchMusic”

1. b-ease Says:

B-Ease
    0 mins ago
    You people act like there is some badge you get from being a regular, like they upgrade you to business class/give you access to the lounge if you tell them you comment on Nahright, or you get a discount of Barnes if you they can verify your handler on Nahright. Grow up! It’s the internet

Thing is, you wouldn’t bother typing that in any other comment section but NR. You know why? Because it’s been long established that this is the place for hiphop insight, hilarious catch phrases, and general illness. That’s why you read them. If every fucktard could comment without ether for wackness, we would be no different than worldstar and rapradar.

Also, I find it hilarious that these type of comments are NEVER made on a weekday.

2. Patron James Says:

b.o.b is going to move more than cudi
    b.o.b gots the white fans and all his mixtape fans

b.o.b > wale

wale takes the biggest L ever
    how does your single with lady gaga flop
    you get all this promo and only move 30,000 units

3. b-ease Says:

And oh yeah,

Wiz Khalifa >>>>

4. Els Says:

Who else but Lu else

Lupe>>>>>

5. Patron James Says:

b-ease Says:

April 18th, 2010 at 11:32 pm
    B-Ease
    0 mins ago

rapradar has some of the biggest stans on the net

6. sleep Says:

For some reason while I was listening to broken silence I started thinking bout foxy. Like I wonder what she’s doing at this moment. Fucking waste of talent. Bitch blamed everybody but herself.

Jadakiss and foxy = hip hop two biggest waste of talent.

Atleast fox actually had a career jada on the other hand……pppsssshhhhh what ever happend to dblock records I thought they had a deal on koch lol.

7. Shooter Says:

empty bottles of cliquot and ashes on the flo’…

8. Black Brokaw Says:

that wiz went trash can status in 3 minutes

9. Black Brokaw Says:

so fast my trash can icon tipped over

10. b-ease Says:

Shooter
    2 mins ago
    empty bottles of cliquot and ashes on the flo’…

Word. Never Been >>>>

11. Mook Says:

J. Cole > B.O.B > Wale > Wiz Khalifa
    That sounds about accurate right?

12. b-ease Says:

Black Brokaw
    1 min ago
    that wiz went trash can status in 3 minutes

Everybodys entitled to an opinion, no matter how erroneous.

13. Mook Says:

Sorry but Khalifa has no lyrics. His music sounds great though but #Imjustsaying.

14. b-ease Says:

Mook
    0 mins ago
    J. Cole > B.O.B > Wale > Wiz Khalifa
    That sounds about accurate right?

Naw.

15. A Chick Says:

Black Brokaw Says:

April 18th, 2010 at 11:43 pm
    so fast my trash can icon tipped over
    —–
    *super dead*

16. b-ease Says:

Mook
    0 mins ago
    Sorry but Khalifa has no lyrics. His music sounds great though but #Imjustsayin

If the music “sounds great”, what else do you want?

17. Rome Says:

True…WALE flopped hard. And I hope B.O.B sells, I mean I won’t buy the shit..but he’s got a lot of white fans. That Airplane track is dope..

Lyrically though…
    Lupe > Wale > Bobby Ray

18. Mook Says:

J. Cole > B.O.B > Wale > Wiz Khalifa
    That sounds about accurate right?

Naw.
    Let me guess you would put Wale at the end?

19. A Chick Says:

Mook Says:

April 18th, 2010 at 11:44 pm
    J. Cole > B.O.B > Wale > Wiz Khalifa
    That sounds about accurate right?
    ———-
    U need more arrows, B. J.Cole is like 10 betta than all those dudes.

20. Mook Says:

“It’s ironic they call me a fresh breath no joke, you see them boys sign me to the scope right” -Wale
    dude is nice.

21. Rome Says:

# Mook Says:
    April 18th, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Wiz’s music is acquired taste. It’s not necessary supposed to be deep. Like B-Ease said…It sounds great.

22. Shooter Says:

If the music “sounds great”, what else do you want?

beat me to it… (n)

23. Rome Says:

Lupe > J.Cole > Wale > Bobby Ray

Wiz Khalifa is in his own category.

24. A Chick Says:

Nobody talks about Cudi anymore. I knew he was super wack! Niggas jus didn’t want to admit it.

25. sleep Says:

Wiz and cuurensy have no dept in their music. Its only so much weed u could talk about. Them dudes is memphis bleek without jay_z. But I respect the way currensy left young money without trying to beef with wayne and do his own thing. But I wonder if he was still on that label and baby and slim saw him grinding like this would they give him that major label push

26. Rome Says:

Cudi’s not a rapper. Until he raps on an album, not including Poker Face…there’s nothing to discuss really. He’s a dope artist though.

27. Mook Says:

If the music “sounds great”, what else do you want?

Sometimes It’s nice to hear someone actually talking about shit that matters but I feel you though music is music and it’s all about sound. Same shit I be telling dudes about Drake…you can say this or that about the dude but when it’s all said and done his music is good.

28. hl Says:

rapping about bitches & weed >>>

29. Mook Says:

Cudi Zone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

30. Els Says:

Airplane 2 is out, someones got their hands on the album but doesn’t want to put it up yet

31. Shooter Says:

rapping about bitches & weed >>>

word, whats not to like

32. A Chick Says:

*listening to old Shyne records*

What did they DO to him!!

*cries*

33. rdawodu Says:

# b-ease Says:
    April 18th, 2010 at 11:32 pm

B-Ease
    0 mins ago

——

I see i said….

34. Black Brokaw Says:

Wiz Khalifa is in his own category.

^Wack for $1000 Alex

*pew pew pew* Daily double

35. hl Says:

Topics that will never get old: fucking hoes, smoking weed, selling coke/crack, black power.

36. SeniorCivilian Says:

# b-ease Says:
    April 18th, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Black Brokaw
    1 min ago
    that wiz went trash can status in 3 minutes

Everybodys entitled to an opinion, no matter how erroneous.
    ^Respectful ether.

37. kevfrescura de talco Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cp2yynZDVjI

“and my first thought wasn’t ‘oh my god he said the word, er, the ‘n’ word. it was now ‘how is a nigga gonna borrow a fry. NIGGA, is you gonna give it back?’ i’m tellin ya, my inside voice didn’t talk like that before he got in my class!”

mr. petto>>>

*crying*

38. Mook Says:

You have selling coke/crack in the same sentence as black power. Odd. You do realize that drugs is whats killing the black community today right?

39. Black Brokaw Says:

Everybodys entitled to an opinion, no matter how erroneous.

^lol. you know its wack. you can’t tell me that it has replay value till next week

40. Shooter Says:

gun play also

41. rdawodu Says:

# 911 Says:
    April 18th, 2010 at 10:28 pm

The root of the problem is…drumroll, everybody wanna belong. Not just here, but life period. Why would you care if you weren’t “accepted” on a blog? You’re not making much sense here. Just speak ya’ piece and keep it moving, who the fuck could stop you from doing that? What the fuck y’all want a congratulations to every new person that comments. Get the fuck out of here. Ain’t shit y’all said even revolutionary. Y’all just typing. And as I said previously no one can stop you from doing that yet…

—–

I see said the blind man to his deaf wife.

42. hl Says:

@shooter…yeah, guns as well as thuggery in general.

43. A Chick Says:

kevfrescura de talco Says:

April 19th, 2010 at 12:05 am
    youtube.com/watch?v=Cp2yynZDVjI

mr. petto>>>

*crying*
    ———–
    ROFL!

44. kevfrescura de talco Says:

Gangstalicious (voiced by Mos Def): One of Riley’s favorite rappers, featured in “The Story of Gangstalicious”, “The Story of Gangstalicious Part 2” and “Thank You for Not Snitching”, is responsible for the hit single “Thuggin’ Luv” heard in the show, as well as “Homies Over Hoes”. Inspired as a child by Ice Cube, he acted “like a killer” so people would like him. This behavior carried over into his adult life, and he’s been living a lie ever since. He is a closet homosexual and goes to great lengths to keep this secret from the public. He was formerly involved in a secret homosexual affair with a gangster named Lincoln who attempts to kill Gangstalicious for betraying their love while on tour, and at some point assaulted a record label executive and rapped about it on TRL only to be arrested later. He was also involved in a relationship with a hip-hop video vixen named Jessica Ethelberg, who later wrote a book revealing he was gay (despite the fact that there were already countless obvious clues to the fact beforehand). His real name is Frederick and he is a parody of Cam’Ron, evident in his voice and a wardrobe consisting mainly of pink pastels

damn killa. lolol

45. Els Says:

Frederick from Da Band wasnt that terrible

46. Lil Mane Young Says:

^ nahright >

47. hl Says:

*dead* at the following:
    1. Ganstalicious was inspired by Ice Cube
    2. The character is based on Cam.
    3. He appears to have his own wikipedia page.

48. Rome Says:

Guns and thuggery has pretty much died in hip hop. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist. I’m saying any new artists coming in talking about that shit is so wack to me. Aside from Nipsey Hussle…cause I actually believe that dude.

I guess it’s just personal choice. Any of y’all feel the same?

49. Lil Mane Young Says:

You do realize that drugs is whats killing the black community today right?

^ mamon

50. Rome Says:

Lil Mane Young Says:
    April 19th, 2010 at 12:24 am

You do realize that drugs is whats killing the black community today right?

Say word?..I could’ve swore it was poverty.

51. kevfrescura de talco Says:

I guess it’s just personal choice. Any of y’all feel the same?

i neva really got into too much “hardcore” music in the 90’s just for that reason. where i grew up that shit was always around so it didn’t really appeal to me as far as home/traveling entertainment. don’t get me wrong, i listened to the pioneers tho. n.w.a ice t and them guys. when schoolly d started up w/that shit on this coast and NY started birthin acts like M.O.P. i fucked w/that hard too. it wasn’t until i seen onyx tho on videos and video shows w/guns actin tough and menacing and shit when i had just seen them like a year or so before they got hot dancing w/CDs dangling around their necks on some rhythm nation shit.
    since then i knew to differentiate between those that sounded earnest from those that pose. it’s a hard cue to pick up on when listening to music but it should speak directly to you unequivocally once you hear it.

52. 40 Inc Says:

will you guys be surprised if eminem was feat on a song with drake prod by DR DRE on his album? dont be cause its gonna happen

53. Mook Says:

You do realize that drugs is whats killing the black community today right?

^ mamon

__

Don’t get all loco with me holmes

54. Lil Mane Young Says:

I see said the blind man to his deaf wife.

*is confused like young buck*

55. Mook Says:

says who?

56. Lil Mane Young Says:

Say word?..I could’ve swore it was poverty.

^ the problem is u have a bad attitude about starving to death.
    -Dave chappelle

57. kevfrescura de talco Says:

oh and criminal minded is the humble, authentic beginnings of hardcore hip hop btw.

58. kevfrescura de talco Says:

^ the problem is u have a bad attitude about starving to death.
    -Dave chappelle

that shit killed me the other day. lol.

59. Els Says:

Lets go Blazers

60. Lil Mane Young Says:

y is it so fucking hard to switch aliases !

61. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

the suburbs have influenced the rap game and it shows thru the music

62. Shooter Says:

Lets go Blazers

you need more Roy (n)

63. Rome Says:

# kevfrescura de talco Says:
    April 19th, 2010 at 12:43 am

^ the problem is u have a bad attitude about starving to death.
    -Dave chappelle

that shit killed me the other day. lol.

LOOL word

64. Rome Says:

I had that bullshit of a book the Secret, he’s right…you throw that shit right out 5 pages in…

65. Rome Says:

# Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:
    April 19th, 2010 at 12:57 am

the suburbs have influenced the rap game and it shows thru the music

True…not necessarily a bad thing. I rather encourage niggas to be intelligent, either go to school or self-educate. Rather encourage niggas to kill each other …ya’ll see whats going on in Chicago. Wow. Anybody here from Chi-town?

66. Skinny Says:

Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

the Jews have influenced popular culture and it shows thru the music.

^fixed

67. Lil Mane Young Says:

^ I think it started with pharrell

68. Patron James Says:

eskay hook me up with some nah stock

69. Skinny Says:

Rome Says:

_______

Alot of new music is encouraging niggas to be fags imo

70. Lil Mane Young Says:

Alot of new music is encouraging niggas to be fags imo

^ don’t listen to the radio

71. Rec Says:

Keep snitching on your man, you gon’ fry in the pan
    Lie in a pot of shit, niggas gon’ try you again
    You never get nothing, niggas might fuck your Budden
    —Raekwon (Freeway – One Thing)

72. rdawodu Says:

# Lil Mane Young Says:
    April 19th, 2010 at 12:37 am

I see said the blind man to his deaf wife.

*is confused like young buck*

—-

Random Things Certain People Say… The Point Of That Was “I See/I Understand” Everything Else Was Misdirection

73. kevfrescura de talco Says:

…ya’ll see whats going on in Chicago. Wow

indeed. self hatred season is at a fever pitch out there and it aint even july yet.

74. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

Alot of TV is encouraging niggas to be fags imo
    ==========

^fixed

75. Rome Says:

# Skinny Says:
    April 19th, 2010 at 1:13 am

Rome Says:

_______

Alot of new music is encouraging niggas to be fags imo

lol yeaa you right. I call it European influence. Men having been acting feminine in Europe for forever.

76. Lil Mane Young Says:

*positive imagery*

77. Rome Says:

# kevfrescura de talco Says:
    April 19th, 2010 at 1:24 am

…ya’ll see whats going on in Chicago. Wow

What kills me where I live, which is Toronto, Niggas out here have free health care, welfare, live in public housing that costs damn near nothing. Have libraries, schools, scholarships, bursaries, everything you need, Canada will give it to you. If you’re a minority you have it even better!..opportunities everything….all you have to do, is TRY.. and niggas can’t even seem to do that.

We’re not like the U.S we only have population of 30 Million…niggas here watch American niggas and pretend to live the same struggle.

78. kevfrescura de talco Says:

all you have to do, is TRY.. and niggas can’t even seem to do that.

it is absolutely silly, and unproductive to have a funeral for the word ‘nigger’
    when the actions continue..
    we need to have a movement to resurrect brothers, and sisters
    not a funeral for niggers
    cause niggers. don’t. die.-eban thomas

79. Lil Mane Young Says:

^ wow. I had no idea this is going on In Canada

80. kevfrescura de talco Says:

karmatically and coincidentally tho i too am a nigga.

sometimes.

81. Skinny Says:

Black people STAY losin. I see it’s global too…

*Sammy Sosas it up*
    *grabs bleaching skin cream*
    *becomes Drake colored [||]*
    *is still called black*
    *fails*

82. kevfrescura de talco Says:

de la souls ‘trying’>>>>>

83. Lil Mane Young Says:

@Rome

is it also true that Canada has 7 women to every man ratio ?

84. Shooter Says:

is it also true that Canada has 7 women to every man ratio ?

*moves to Canada just in case*

85. kevfrescura de talco Says:

When life gives you lemons, just say ‘Fuck the lemons,’ and bail. -koonu the surf instructor.

86. Shooter Says:

You sound like you’re from London! (c) Koono the surf instructor

87. Eviction Notice Says:

*cosigns the move to Canada*

I hear it’s a bitch though to become a citizen if you aren’t born there…even work visas take like 5 years to approve…

*hops border to Canada*
    *becomes illegal immigrant*
    *hangs out at home depot looking for work*

88. Lil Mane Young Says:

I wonder if the carpet matches the pubes
    -koonu the surf instructor.

89. EnglandRepresent Says:

When life gives you lemons you get them shits, chop them up and use ’em to make yourself a fucking big gin and tonic.

Fucking Mondays. Which dickhead thought of a 5 day working week? Seriously someone somewhere in history fucked up big time.

90. kevfrescura de talco Says:

You sound like you’re from London! (c) Koono the surf instructor

that movie neva fails lol. my girl says that^ line all the time. koonu is my dude.

koonu: I once saw him beat a guy up with a starfish!
    peter: That’s ridiculous.
    koonu: That guy was me.

91. kevfrescura de talco Says:

Fucking Mondays.

holiday ova here tomorrow chap. get ya passport stamps and green card up and you too can live nacirema loca.

92. Rome Says:

LOL @ the comments….Yea getting you’re citizenship takes long as hell but that’s because we have lots of immigrants. My city is a melting pot, you can anything a sexy girl of any nationality, its pretty dope. The ratio is right..most of our universities are close to 80% females…amazing. None of y’all been to Toronto?? …Honestly, I don’t want to live in the States, but I.T jobs are paying nice up in Atlanta, I just might have to after I graduate.

93. kevfrescura de talco Says:

you can anything a sexy girl of any nationality, its pretty dope

i’ve been to montreal and got waaaaaay up in the guts of this french/asian broad. i bagged her on rene levesque after the clubs. i wish i could of brought her back to the states.

94. Rome Says:

# kevfrescura de talco Says:
    April 19th, 2010 at 2:34 am

you can anything a sexy girl of any nationality, its pretty dope

hahaaa…montreal is like Vegas my nigga…what happens there, stays there!

95. lil mane young Says:

hahaaa…montreal is like Vegas my nigga…what happens there, stays there!

^OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG

WHERE DO I SIGN UP!

96. lil mane young Says:

since were putting on for our cities, i’ll say this about living in the L.A. area.

WE HAVE THEE BEST WEED!

97. lil mane young Says:

for u smokers out there:

i get 1/8 of top shelf skywalker OG, OG kush, ETC
    for……wait for it….

$45!

and thats because i have a medical marijuana card.

98. Skinny Says:

and thats because i have a medical marijuana card.

^You lucky bastard (no shots)

99. kevfrescura de talco Says:

WE HAVE THEE BEST WEED!

yep.

“i got connects like federal express/to get the fresh package of sens the dogs can’t fetch!”-funk dr. spot

i’m expecting some mind numbing flavors from the left coast hopefully this whole summer.

along w/puffing heavenly i plan on pipefitting inside the box due to my fathers genetically transfered features.

100. lil mane young Says:

voting for mary jane legalization in cali is this fall

eskay be saying nyc>

but hes full of shit because nyc got the rockefeller drug laws…

101. lil mane young Says:

no bullshit, i got venus og, skywalker og, and green crack right now..

but if anybody ever, ever ever ever ever has a chance to score

“PLANET X OG” get that shit homeboy!

that mofucker is instant hit the weed fucked up sit down drink some water cuz ur gonna be higher than a fucking plane kinda high

102. lil mane young Says:

cornerstonemeds.com/WhatsInStock.html

heres a menu of a spot in long beach (where snoop is from)

if u want an idea of how many shops we got, check out weedmaps.com

103. Rome Says:

# lil mane young Says:
    April 19th, 2010 at 2:46 am

for u smokers out there:

i get 1/8 of top shelf skywalker OG, OG kush, ETC
    for……wait for it….

$45!

and thats because i have a medical marijuana card.

You win!! faaaaack, I wish we had that shit. 4/20 coming up. *Prepares Wiz Khalifa playlists* …ayo tell me that Kid Cudi – Hyyer don’t be sounding like the dopest shit EVER MADE when you’re in the clouds.

104. lil mane young Says:

…ayo tell me that Wiz Khalifa- “Who I am” don’t be sounding like the dopest shit EVER MADE when you’re in the clouds.

^ *Fixed*

105. Eastern_Digital aka Nahright's Fantasy Football champ Says:

Being a Gooner is fuckin disappointing in the last couple of years. Smh @ yesterday’s game, but we got what we deserved.

106. rocstar Says:

we got the best weed in BC. and 1/8 costs 35

107. Suaveebolaetc.etc. Says:

we got the best weed in BC. and 1/8 costs 35

This.

Canadian kush slowed me down to crawling pace for a couple of weeks.

108. sleep Says:

If u aint from nyc ur life sucks. So keep all that my city got the best weed bullshit.

109. Joe 88 Says:

Carmelo Anthony Stat Sheet
    42pts 5rebs 4 ast 18-25 fg

This nigga might be the greatest.

Carmelo Anthony > Mayor Kurt Schmoke

110. Lil Mane Young Says:

not all weed is the same. Fact

it common knowledge LA got super strains and medical bud is the biz.

nyc got the rockefeller drug laws…

if ur from NYC and u don’t kno this ur stupid.Fact

111. Remixznflow Says:

Carmelo Anthony Stat Sheet
    42pts 5rebs 4 ast 18-25 fg

This nigga might be the greatest.

Carmelo Anthony > Mayor Kurt Schmoke

smh… yeah nigga good.. but not great… hell ill even give it to durk… he had a hell of a game this weekend too..

fuck the mavs still…

i do need denver to win this whole thing though… i have a nice bit of cash on it that the lakers wont make it back.

112. Shooter Says:

i have a nice bit of cash on it that the lakers wont make it back.

word, maybe, seems like Kobes been in a slump since the All Star break

113. sleep Says:

Kobe is injured

114. Tweezy Says:

Chrono Trigger sample on ‘Never Been’ >>>

115. Joe 88 Says:

The man scored 42 points and only missed 7 shots.

116. Tong Po Flo Says:

Good Morning Lowlifes

117. sleep Says:

The NBA need a rule prohibiting lebron from driving to the basket. That shit just don’t seem fair to the other players.

118. Cashmere Cavalli aka Debonair Cavalier Says:

Tweezy Says:
    April 19th, 2010 at 7:41 am
    Chrono Trigger sample on ‘Never Been’ >>>
    =============

^OH SHIT I REMEMBER THAT GAME

**reverts back to an adult**

great sample usage

119. Shooter Says:

nah they just need to legalize fouling him

how many And 1’s can a dude get

120. Polka Says:

Why is everyone on Biebers (2 inch) dick ?

121. Mr.Londoner Says:

# Polka Says:
    April 19th, 2010 at 8:45 am

Why is everyone on Biebers (2 inch) dick ?
    =–=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=—=-=-=-=-==-=-=-
    After much thought and analyzing, i’ve come to conclusion that “You Mad”