Video: DJ Babu’s “On My New York Shit” Vlog

DJ Babu’s The Beat Tape Vol. 2 is out now on Nature Sounds and he took his promo tour to NY to push this project.

Previously: DJ Babu’s Set on Toca Tuesdays (Audio)

99 Responses to “Video: DJ Babu’s “On My New York Shit” Vlog”

1. Dee Says:

LF: Kardinal Offishall’s verse on Drake’s “The Last Hope” is… stunning.

2. iKeepsIt100.com Says:

p!

3. therealsharpy Says:

where’s klashnekoff? where’s the current UK numba 1 artist Tinie Tempah? where’s Konvicy Muzick artist Sway? where’s Roll Deep? where’s Wiley? where’s Dizzee Rascal? where’s Plan B? where’s Skepta? where’s Shystie? where’s Mz Brattz? where’s Kano? where’s Wretch 32? where’s Chipmunk? where’s Ghettz? where’s Smasher? where’s Bigz? where’s Tinchy Stryder?
    where’s Trim? where’s Terror Firma? where’s Boy Better Know?

where’s da UK posts, ESKAY? DRE? NATION?

NahRight.com are **INTERNATIONAL HATERS*

4. k Says:

i think this guy likes weed

5. therealsharpy Says:

i think u like crack, but seriously

where’s Trim? where’s Terror Firma? where’s Boy Better Know?

6. k Says:

we don’t listen to your music because you guys have funny accents

and socialized health care

7. nation Says:

hahahahah this faggot is trying to leave comments under different names co-signing himself talking about we don’t post enough UK artists… that’s so sad

8. PHENOMENON Says:

where’s Trim? where’s Terror Firma? where’s Boy Better Know?

^ ^
    My goodness, UK rappers and the Name FAILS.

9. EnglandRepresent Says:

There’s 3 good rappers in the whole of that list mate. Pipe down and fuck off.

10. EnglandRepresent Says:

Oi Fred. Do your homework you lazy git.

11. verses Says:

where’s da UK posts, ESKAY? DRE? NATION?

NahRight.com are **INTERNATIONAL HATERS*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ROFL

this shit is hee-lare-e-ous

12. EnglandRepresent Says:

I’m struggling at work verses.

13. therealsharpy Says:

u see any one ov them artists on here?????? what, iz dat a silence, thought so!!!!!!

14. verses Says:

^ ^
    My goodness, UK rappers and the Name FAILS.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No fuckin homo on most of those names….

laughing hard (||) at Chipmunk, Ghettz, Smasher, Bigz and last but not least….Tinchy Stryder.

Swear to god that Tinchy Stryder is made up or some rude cockney slang, …@ eng, help us out with the translation mate.

Tinchy Styder:

“I ate some indian last night and Ive had the Tinchy Stryder on the Gary Glitter all fuckin day. Every time I need to do a Lionel Bart, I two bob bits myself.”

15. PW Says:

And you wonder why ppl hate Europeans… because of cunts like Sharpy and EngRep.

16. PW Says:

Roffle

17. verses Says:

# EnglandRepresent Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I’m struggling at work verses.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

cosig.

Ive knocked back so many Nurofen its not funny. Im out in the next 5 min. should of not bothered going to work today.

18. therealsharpy Says:

where’s klashnekoff? where’s the current UK numba 1 artist Tinie Tempah? where’s Konvict Muzick artist Sway? where’s Roll Deep? where’s Wiley? where’s Dizzee Rascal? where’s Plan B? where’s Skepta? where’s Shystie? where’s Mz Brattz? where’s Kano? where’s Wretch 32? where’s Chipmunk? where’s Ghettz? where’s Smasher? where’s Bigz? where’s Tinchy Stryder?
    where’s Trim? where’s Terror Firma? where’s Boy Better Know?

on a INTRNATIONAL level NahRight.com gets a #FAIL

19. PW Says:

Keep snoring,
    Keep sleeping, I’ll keep touring,
    come back… lay in the cut like neosporin

20. johnny Says:

FUCK YOU NATION, I do not GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU *son-shyne* LOOK IT UP u are a *wanker* LOL, LOOK IT UP *nob head* LOOK IT UP, U FUCKIN DREES WEARIN FAG, GET SOME UK ON HERE, OH DATS RIGHT WE TOO HARD FOR Y’ALL (PAUSE)

21. Black Brokaw Says:

Sharpy,

tell those degenerates to actually contribute something to humanity besides trying to rhyme words at the end of a fabricated sentence.

22. verses Says:

Im out. Too fuckin hungover.

*daps eng, phenom, PW, nation*

23. PW Says:

verses Says:
    March 12th, 2010 at 12:07 am
    Im out. Too fuckin hungover.

*daps eng, phenom, PW, nation*

Peace…next time stay hydrated.

24. EnglandRepresent Says:

^^Most of them are gash anyway son. I think Gigz got a post on here before though.

Fuck you PW. I know you and yours stay interbreeding so you don’t have to leave your hometown but a, the web feet thing ain’t that flashy just cos Costner did it on Waterworld and b, not all European brethren are cloth-eared fannys like young sharpy here.

25. therealsharpy Says:

im no fanny, nor cloth eared, DID U SEE, the names i said, who’s better, give me 1 just 1 UK rapper thats BETTER then any of the names i mentioned

26. PW Says:

1 UK rapper thats BETTER then any of the names i mentioned

Problem is you look like you mentioned everybody.

27. Digital Scales Says:

Look at these fucking faggots..Building new arenas for wack teams..This fucking camel owns like 10% of 12% but since he’s a famous house nigga they use him to pimp the idea for a new arena in brooklyn and people jumped on it..Camel Hov is a boule house negro and Al Sharpton, that ol ”I wanna be somebody” looking house negro can eat a caucazoids dick as well

Shout to the Knicks

*no shots*

28. PW Says:

EngRep, your affinity for verbal sparring is second only to your love for the trannies that you bring home to cuddle with.

Just because you don’t go any further doesn’t make it any less gay.

29. Digital Scales Says:

therealsharpy Says:

March 11th, 2010 at 11:59 pm
    where’s Trim? where’s Terror Firma? where’s Boy Better Know?

on a INTRNATIONAL level NahRight.com gets a #FAIL
    _____

We only bump Rigga Romez around here you fucking faggot, so keep that shit across the pond you fucking faggot your meat wallet is showing

30. EnglandRepresent Says:

just 1 UK rapper thats BETTER then any of the names i mentioned

^^Ting is young fella you named 3 decent rappers out of a gang of names. Most of them dudes are fuckin waste. Real chat. You missed off Stylah although he’s part of Terra Firma so. Gigz, K-lash and Dizzee are the only decent ones. Chipmunk??? You are not serious. Chipmunk???? Mickey Factz is better than Chipmunk.

Rigga Romez is better than most on that list you posted and that’s truth.

31. EnglandRepresent Says:

your meat wallet is showing

^^It’s ham wallet Woodro but nice try son I see what you’re tryin to do. *daps*

32. therealsharpy Says:

fuck u **digital scales** we international wid dis bitch, like it or not,

LMAO, y’all got Uncle Murda on here, WTF????????????

33. Digital Scales Says:

You Eng I told him his meat wallet was showing, that’s a pussy right? Lol

Shout to importers/exporters of marijuana

34. Digital Scales Says:

Uncle Murda caught like 26 bodies though

How many bodies Tinie Tempah be catching?????

I aint think so homie

35. Digital Scales Says:

I don’t know what ye be doing cross the pond there mate but out in the states rappers have to kill people

36. EnglandRepresent Says:

Uncle Murda caught like 26 bodies though

How many bodies Tinie Tempah be catching?????

I aint think so homie

^^lmao.

Tinie Tempah?? Really though??? That means a short temper. Fancy your rap name being short temper. I mean, who gives these dickheads their advice?? Someone’s failing someone.

37. therealsharpy Says:

ha ha, u know who tinie tempah iz, thank you bruv #thatisall

38. EnglandRepresent Says:

lol @ woodro

Don’t ask Digi about his body count. (N)

39. therealsharpy Says:

& 26 BODIES, DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. EnglandRepresent Says:

I think you need to understand the concept of sarcasm half-sharp. You’re not all there bruv.

Lemme find out you support Arsenal.

41. PW Says:

Lemme find out you support Arsenal.

Oye…stfu.

42. therealsharpy Says:

HALF OF THE MUTHA FUCKAS ON HERE ARE UK, SO WHY DON’T U ALL SUPPORT UR COUNTRY??????????????????

43. Digital Scales Says:

I heard Xfactor was the black dude the epic beard dude knocked out on the bus

Get me the am-blance

44. Digital Scales Says:

therealsharpy start a blog or eat a caucazoids dick

Nobody cares about uk hip hop

Trust me

45. EnglandRepresent Says:

^^Because it’s a lot of shit rappin comin out of the UK right now bruv. Commercially at least. Settle down.

46. PW Says:

I heard Xfactor was the black dude the epic beard dude knocked out on the bus

You mean OG Bobby Shoe Shine? Mr. Amber Lamps?

47. Digital Scales Says:

Lmao! og why a black man gotta shine yo shoes

48. PW Says:

londontomk.com

Knock yourself out.

49. therealsharpy Says:

but y’all have got uncle murda on here!!!!!!!!!!! & he’s swag #4REAL

where’s Trim? where’s Terror Firma? where’s Boy Better Know?

50. nation Says:

yo, I’m gonna ban you. STFU and stop spamming the fucking comments

51. therealsharpy Says:

im not spamming no comments, what you gunna block me block me, like you do my country? smooth move ”Nation”

52. Danbury Says:

# therealsharpy Says:
    March 12th, 2010 at 1:43 am

ROFL

53. therealsharpy Says:

dats what i thought, im not spamming ‘comments’ nor am i giving un-due props, y’all are tryna block a country & we’re gonna knock ya arse down lol

54. nation Says:

explain this

55. therealsharpy Says:

ROTFL, uncle murda ”Nation” get the fuck outta here & out MY comments section bruv

UK hip-hop tell the truth, not some—-this is what i’ve in a movie shit haha

56. Soul C Says:

I’m from London, and I’m embarrassed by these kids commenting.

nation, can you not ban these children from the site? It’s gone beyond a debate and is fast approaching French Kevin territory.

SAS stans – Nah Right does not have a social responsibility to post any US act it doesn’t want to, so what makes you think they should be posting UK brothers? F.O.H. to the power of 10. If you don’t like it, don’t visit.

I hate these CAPITAL typing, exclamation point!!! utilising dickheads.

57. therealsharpy Says:

^^^^^^^^^^ ”Nation” by another name lol

58. nation Says:

>> It’s gone beyond a debate and is fast approaching French Kevin territory.

wow, you just took it all the way back

“British Daniel” has a nice ring to it, innit?

59. therealsharpy Says:

wwhat the fuck iz a ”french kevin” or a ”british daniel” admit ”Nation” your blockin the UK, or else why haven’t you got the Tinie Tempah song up?? TELL ME DAT PRICK!!

60. nation Says:

has it ever occurred to you that I’ve never heard of a Tinie Tempah?

like, what’s your point right now… you want me to start posting UK rappers so that maybe one day you can get some recognition across the pond? I can tell you that right now, that’s not gonna happen

trolling blogs and sucking rappers off on Twitter isn’t doing anything for you kid. it’s best you take the advice from some of your countrymen and scram

61. PW Says:

Not quite French Kevin, but he is annoying. Who does this? smh.

Successful Troll is successful.

62. therealsharpy Says:

u ain’t heard of tinie tempah coz maybe your ignorant, but your engaging in a debate, which is a start innit,

he’s currently number 1 in the UK charts, not hip-hop or R&b, the NATIONAL chaRts, so that must be worth a post!!!!! or am i wrong????

63. Soul C Says:

Therealsharpy
    2 mins ago
    ^^^^^^^^^^ ”Nation” by another name lol

*********************************

^ No bruv. I’ve been visiting here since 2006. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in that time, it’s that es, nation and Dre will post what the fuck they want. From Kool G Rap to Rick Ross’s weed carriers. Your bleating won’t change a thing, so if you don’t like it, don’t visit.

NR owes that list of weak UK rappers nothing. Do your promoting elsewhere bruv. And pick up a Jehst and a Task Force album while you’re at it son, educate yourself.

64. therealsharpy Says:

& I AM NOT A RAPPER NOR AM I A PRODUCER OR LABEL EXEC!!

65. therealsharpy Says:

WTF, dre, eskay & nation can talk for them self’s they do NOT need NahRight dickriders, so hop off, u get me

66. PW Says:

& I AM NOT A RAPPER NOR AM I A PRODUCER OR LABEL EXEC!!

But you are an annoying fuck on a pointless mission.

67. therealsharpy Says:

dats right **Nation** bring the ”GOONS” out!!

68. nation Says:

like, are you really making more false accusations against me? why would I need anyone to defend me when there’s so many holes in your argument? is it because you’re defending your UK rapping buddies that don’t even know you exist? or is it because you tried to comment under the name johnny and I called you out on it?

come on Daniel, stop it. who are you kidding

69. therealsharpy Says:

blockin a rapper, yer he MIGHT of disesoected you, but an ENTIRE COUNTRY, come’on sons

who do u think u are??

dont tell me NahRight, well NAH, u ain’t Right

70. nation Says:

>> dont tell me NahRight, well NAH, u ain’t Right

oh so you are a rapper?

I’m done here.

71. therealsharpy Says:

FUCK YOU, im tryna put the UK rap scene on, whether they know me or not, you would do the same ”nation” if a website wouldn’t put the rappers you think are the BEST in the world on,,

u linked me to my twitter account, u are **clever** LOOK IT UP

who iz nation, eskay, johnny, or dre?

72. therealsharpy Says:

u done boi, **INTERNATIONAL HATER**

73. kevfrescura de talco Says:

johnny Says:
    March 12th, 2010 at 12:35 am
    uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk ukj uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk ukj uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk ukj uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk ukj uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk ukj uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk ukj uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk ukj uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk ukj uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk uk

all you UK mahfukas are on an AMERICAN hip hop blog. respect the architects please. if not holla at dizzy rascal for the rest of your needy lives.

eng school ya bredrens.

lf: i told rosa acosta her stretch game is ill then i got ushered away by some manu bol lookin mahfuka. go figure.

but yea…the euro still is a couple points behind us, US!

slow down wankers.

74. therealsharpy Says:

^^^^ damn **Nation** u got alot of alter-ego’s son #STOPIT5

75. kevfrescura de talco Says:

no he don’t, nation follows the culture here cause thas what PAYS.

if nate wanted to go blog in amsterdam under eskays pseudonym he’ll still get autographs and club passes.

STFU sharpy and tag some trolleys.

76. johnny Says:

u & **Nation** can tag my arse,,,, arse LOOK IT UP!!!

77. johnny Says:

**INTERNATIONAL HATERS** how else can eskay, dre & nation explain NO UK POSTS???

78. kevfrescura de talco Says:

johnny…..

yo “arse” aint worth the weak pussy it sits on chap.

guzzle down some madeleines w/a glass of fresh spunk ya dozy prat.

79. kevfrescura de talco Says:

it’s real quiet across the pond now. time to spoon the wife.

DEUCES UK! american artists get B.I.G. love ova there still.

outro

80. London Bloke Says:

Wheres cOLD at?

I’m in a philosophical introspective mood

81. RIGZ Says:

SMH & LOL

I aint even gonna read back thru everything lol

82. London Bloke Says:

The funniest thing is i was gonna post a link to a UK freestyle to see what nahgers thought, but after recent incident, i’ll give it a miss

83. PsicoMagia Says:

even if they got a post what makes them think anyone would even click the link…lmao ..funny /weird

84. London Bloke Says:

Nah morning comments been slacking

9:30 and no cOLD, b-ease, dblock, joe88, GW, Shotclock, Plug, Crazy88, Big Homie, Mr pap, land etc etc etc

Thingsdunchanged

85. mashout36 Says:

i be thinkin the same while i lurk.

86. London Bloke Says:

*stamps on the reggatonslasher on GP*

87. JR Says:

Damn the way he puffs Babu needs to get with Red & Meth

88. Aswad Ayinde Says:

*Just got out court*

89. London Bloke Says:

ayo young’un, ayo

90. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Jay-Z: And we did it again Brooklyn! shout out to B.I.G!

GATTTTT!

Thingsdunchanged
    ——–
    *punches nahright time clock*

*punches london*

SunnnNamBitch

93. ODEMIC Says:

where’s Trim? where’s Terror Firma? where’s Boy Better Know?

Dead at those names… #noshots

94. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

March 12th, 2010 at 9:45 am

*peaks through cracked e-door*

*sees nothing but new dudes*

*pages greenie and babydoll and cici*

*waits*

95. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

Damn the way he puffs Babu needs to get with Red & Meth

if correct punctuation was used, this would be a completely different sentence.

but since it wasn’t….AYOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

96. tinie tempah Says:

what’s going on here mate?

97. dafirestarta Says:

Damn the way he puffs Babu needs to get with Red & Meth

if correct punctuation was used, this would be a completely different sentence.

but since it wasn’t….AYOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

^ *dying*

98. London Bloke Says:

* removes Gucci belt*

* finds tardy nahgers*

* swings [n]*

* breaks G off belt to reveal pre-faked brand*

99. therealsharpy Says: