Video: Elite Interview w/ iStandard

Producer Elite speaks to iStandard about his story, his creative process and making the “Heartache” beat for J. Cole’s The Warm Up.

Props to AmazingLife for the video.

Previously: Omen feat. Elite – Holy Omen (prod. Elite) (Video)

30 Responses to “Video: Elite Interview w/ iStandard”

1. JDS just looks at her, looks at her... Says:

Mos is a douche, IMO. After that whole incident at 9:30 Club show in DC (where JayElec put on a better performance) I look at him differently. Still a dope MC though.

word? what had happened?

2. Troyvul Says:

word? what had happened?
    Mos tried to cock back some guys hammer. smmfh

# JDS just looks at her, looks at her… Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 4:10 pm

word? what had happened?

^The crowd was yelling/screaming while he was on stage. Most of ‘em just sayin’ what song they wanna hear next. And this nigga gets an attitude on some [paraphrased], “come on man, why yall yellin’? Ok, I get it man. Please don’t yell while I’m up here”… and this is while he was settin’ up to do another song. I mean, I guess dude had a bad day earlier or somethin’ of that nature. But the way he came off was a lil’ suspect.

4. Fresh Huxtable Says:

I don’t know if Mos will ever again reach the level of BOBS. And you know what? Not mad. Along with MS&TKABS, he’s got two brilliant genius level albums. Most rappers don’t ever get one in an entire career. So if you contribute a BOBS, I might not buy your stuff ever again if you drop a tru3 magic type coaster, but I will respect your contribution

5. JDS just looks at her, looks at her... Says:

oh ok. i bet he was on some jazz-man abstract stuff too lol i don’t know why niggas don’t just run right through the classics from jump. or at least go in order ’cause you know people most likely want to hear shit from BS or BOBS.

Fresh

Those are my sentiments exactly. And the ill part? I actually like Tru3 Magic. Even though it was bullshit effort to throw some songs on album to appease Geffen (it had absolutely NO cohesion), the tracks by themselves were dope, IMO. Lets see how this supergroup with JayElec and Curren$y works out.

“Taxi” >

7. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

Just checking in folks, hope everyone’s had a good day thus far.

JDS

I mean, this nigga acted like we really gave a fuck about him playin’ the drums and shit. Yo, do that shit on your own time scrap. See, he pulled that shit in DC with all them nerd ass ninjas. In Bmore at Rams Head (which was Feb of last year) he made sure he went through the set. That’s back when that single off his latest album was a new song he was tryin’ out.

9. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

I actually though The Ecstatic was as good as BOBS.

what up Boosie.

11. NovemberEnd Says:

# RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I actually though The Ecstatic was as good as BOBS.
    ^^^^^^^
    Ecstatic gets better with each listen…but no…Mos will never make a album as good as Black On Both Sides

12. Dewill Says:

Damn this coke got my nostrils flutterin!!

13. JDS just looks at her, looks at her... Says:

I don’t know if Mos will ever again reach the level of BOBS.

he has it in ’em to do another BOBS, but he won’t record it.

14. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

# JDS just looks at her, looks at her… Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I don’t know if Mos will ever again reach the level of BOBS.

he has it in ‘em to do another BOBS, but he won’t record it.
    ———————————————————–

March 3rd, 2010 at 4:33 pm
    *pressures women to drop domestic violence cases*

*gets comped World Series Tix*

*political career falls apart*

*is still blind*

*David Paterson*

^ welcome back Beezy I missed you, no bromance.

17. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Off the strength of Billz, Ima give tru3 magic another listen

18. PastorKerneyThomas Miwacles Says:

Actually im gonna have to argue that Po Nigga Blues (S. Storch Remix) was his G.O.A.T. beat for all intents and purposes.

youtube.com/watch?v=5XMfMSBkIG8

^^^^^^^^^
    Dam u right. I had never heard that beat but that shit was crack. Thats a Isley sample he flipped right?

19. RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says:

# Beezy Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 4:33 pm

*pressures women to drop domestic violence cases*

*gets comped World Series Tix*

*political career falls apart*

*is still blind*

*David Paterson*
    ————————————

I’m literally laughing out loud at this.

20. Troyvul Says:

cOLD Says:

Beezy I missed you
    Ayo

21. Beezy Says:

so fresh so clean clean

tinyurl.com/ybufs9v

22. Tong Po Flo Says:

Off the strength of Billz, Ima give tru3 magic another listen

^ I never had the opp to listen to that, I’ma see if they have that in a bargain bin somewhere

23. Beezy Says:

yo whaddup cOLD

I’m right back like I left something

Troyvul Says:

March 3rd, 2010 at 4:39 pm
    cOLD Says:

Beezy I missed you
    Ayo

^ troy when you dont post I miss you too…nothing Ayoish about that… homophobia amongst Nah must stop.

25. JDS just looks at her, looks at her... Says:

@Billz

word, that one man band shit something you do in a limited theater performance, not at a club show lol niggas need to remind themselves to just rap.

and as far as his albums. i like a large portion of New Danger, and a handful off of Tru3 Magic, and i love The Ecstatic. he just needs to make sure he keeps a clear musical direction like he did on Ecstatic.

26. Beezy Says:

Splash’s Random Instrumentals Pt. 23, show him thanks by not sending the NMC your demos…

^shots fired directly at me

I sent Nation a full CD of me rapping over all the Blueprint 3 tracks

The Beezprint

this is nah nation, pledge your allee-jaunce

say word, none of you miss fux posting… or the big homie, or Phuque.

28. Beezy Says:

homophobia amongst Nah must stop

^co-sign

being scared of fags is so January 2010

29. Fresh Huxtable Says:

Beezy
    0 mins ago
    homophobia amongst Nah must stop

^co-sign

being scared of fags is so January 2010

^this. I actually put something about it in one of my rhymes. Like, some stuff is obviously suspect, but this is out of hand.

30. Fresh Huxtable Says: